Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12292582 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #101760 on: July 24, 2020, 02:24:06 pm »
I get Cain and Clarkson confused.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #101761 on: July 24, 2020, 03:23:51 pm »
Looks pretty good on the old youtube. Right skilful little tyke. Only a 4/10 for concentration though. Will need to sort that out sharpish.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RrPvpncbZxM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RrPvpncbZxM</a>

Bloody hell this boys looks good. But then I was one of those on the Pacheco bandwagon from the off, so I could be wrong.  ;D

One thing I'd like to see with this lad, or other lads with his skill set, is for him to learn and perfect the central midfield role. We seem to have had so many technically brilliant players getting put out on the wing, who, when they reach the men's game, don't have the pace, or physical attributes to get away from their man, by which time it's more-or-less too late to re-train them as 8s. They get use to hugging the touchline, and struggle to affect the game.

For me the most technically gifted players should be the ones on the ball more than any others, in the centre of the pitch, dictating play. I used to love watching Redknapp, Barnes and Macca playing keep-ball and running rings around the opposition. If we could get players with their ability on the ball to come through the academy with a bit more balanced skill-sets, we'll be laughing.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #101762 on: July 24, 2020, 03:27:59 pm »
Where’s he taking that corner from? :lmao
AHA!

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #101763 on: July 24, 2020, 04:58:41 pm »
I get Cain and Clarkson confused.

Cain is England Captain and Clarkson does The Grand Tour on Amazon, Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez keep up mate

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #101764 on: July 24, 2020, 05:14:16 pm »
New long-term deal for Leighton Clarkson.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/403132-leighton-clarkson-signs-new-long-term-liverpool-contract

Great how all the talented prospects are getting signed up, especially now they know their is a path to the first team.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101765 on: July 24, 2020, 10:36:35 pm »
Bloody hell this boys looks good. But then I was one of those on the Pacheco bandwagon from the off, so I could be wrong.  ;D

One thing I'd like to see with this lad, or other lads with his skill set, is for him to learn and perfect the central midfield role. We seem to have had so many technically brilliant players getting put out on the wing, who, when they reach the men's game, don't have the pace, or physical attributes to get away from their man, by which time it's more-or-less too late to re-train them as 8s. They get use to hugging the touchline, and struggle to affect the game.

For me the most technically gifted players should be the ones on the ball more than any others, in the centre of the pitch, dictating play. I used to love watching Redknapp, Barnes and Macca playing keep-ball and running rings around the opposition. If we could get players with their ability on the ball to come through the academy with a bit more balanced skill-sets, we'll be laughing.

Interesting point and I tend to agree with you. FWIW it looks like this lad is that type of central, technical creative player (from the limited video available).
Wild that his youth scoring record is something like 130 goals in 80 matches, considering he’s not some freakishly built striker. Looking forward to seeing him in our setup.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101766 on: July 25, 2020, 09:13:42 am »
Interesting point and I tend to agree with you. FWIW it looks like this lad is that type of central, technical creative player (from the limited video available).
Wild that his youth scoring record is something like 130 goals in 80 matches, considering he’s not some freakishly built striker. Looking forward to seeing him in our setup.

He reminds me of Dejan Savicevic - one of my all time favourite players. A player like that playing as an 8 in our set-up would be jizzworthy.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101767 on: July 25, 2020, 06:26:32 pm »
He reminds me of Dejan Savicevic - one of my all time favourite players. A player like that playing as an 8 in our set-up would be jizzworthy.

He’s two footed and is obviously used to getting kicked from that compilation:-)

Not sure he’s got the pace to play wide but does look like he could become very effective in the centre

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101768 on: July 28, 2020, 08:15:29 pm »
According to the Echo Everton's under 23's are back in training next week, curious to know if ours will follow suit.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101769 on: July 29, 2020, 12:01:49 pm »
According to the Echo Everton's under 23's are back in training next week, curious to know if ours will follow suit.

Interesting.  Hope ours return soon too.  All at the academy will have missed out on so much development (except the couple training with the firsts) and will have been not playing for so long they will need a longer than usual pre-season.  i suppose there will be a commitment to start regular testing for them as they age groups come back.   That could amount up over the weeks

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101770 on: July 29, 2020, 12:11:07 pm »
The last I saw, the aim was to restart academy football in September so unless that has changed, our youngsters will presumably be back in pre-season imminently.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101771 on: July 29, 2020, 02:41:31 pm »
I would expect ours to return to training at around the same time. We’ll probably start to see them play some friendlies with other clubs in the region by mid-late August.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101772 on: July 29, 2020, 05:12:17 pm »
James Pearce has confirmed in his latest article on the Athletic that the Under-23 and Under-18 will start their pre-season early next week.

The younger age groups are unlikely to come back until schools reopen in September.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #101773 on: July 29, 2020, 05:24:22 pm »
Hope we get to see some games

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101774 on: August 1, 2020, 01:49:39 pm »

We're back in training today. Under 18 & 23's etc barring Elliott, Williams, Jones.

All other age groups back also.

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101775 on: August 1, 2020, 06:32:19 pm »
Not Liverpool related but it was interesting to read that Angel Gomez is struggling to find any elite level takers having walked away from United for free last month. Salary demands are no doubt a factor but also no doubting that he has failed to live up to the hype. Aged 14/15 many (even on these boards) judged him to be a once in a generation type talent.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101776 on: August 1, 2020, 07:10:25 pm »
It depends on what Gomes is looking for, but I think he'd be a smart signing for any big club as a low risk, Solanke-type signing.

He does look a big talent, or at least he has for United's academy. He's better than Chong who has had first-team opportunities, so you would think that he was held back there because of the situation with his contract. I don't know what he's asking for in terms of wages, but in terms of ability and potential he's worth taking a chance on for a lot of clubs.

Offline Escorcio

• Kopite
« Reply #101777 on: August 1, 2020, 07:14:49 pm »
It depends on what Gomes is looking for, but I think he'd be a smart signing for any big club as a low risk, Solanke-type signing.

He does look a big talent, or at least he has for United's academy. He's better than Chong who has had first-team opportunities, so you would think that he was held back there because of the situation with his contract. I don't know what he's asking for in terms of wages, but in terms of ability and potential he's worth taking a chance on for a lot of clubs.

Going to Lille apparently

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #101778 on: August 1, 2020, 08:03:06 pm »
Has the Rhian Brewster thread been merged with the U23 thread?

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101779 on: August 1, 2020, 10:03:46 pm »
We're back in training today. Under 18 & 23's etc barring Elliott, Williams, Jones.

I think the quote from the Athletic piece said those U23s who had been training with the firsts would be given extra leave, so Cain, Clarkson, Glatzel, Hoever.  The 3 above are definitely part of the first team squad now so aren’t included in the other squads, except that they are likely to drop down to play occasionally.  In fact I think Hoever might technically part of the first squad too, at least he was listed for at least some of last season on the first team squad page on the official website, and in the official photo with the first team squad, whereas the others are not.  That photo has since disappeared, waiting a new group one for next season, even though the individual pics are there, in the new Nike kit. 

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #101780 on: August 2, 2020, 11:39:16 am »
Various reports saying Yasser Larouci will leave this summer, with talks already held with both Leeds and Brentford. Only has a year left on his contract.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/yasser-larouci-liverpool-exit-transfer-chase-brentford-leeds-a4500221.html

Ready made replacement and one for Robbo to mentor as he'll be understtod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZmOPsK6hZo

Offline scout94

• Kemlynite
« Reply #101781 on: August 2, 2020, 01:27:20 pm »
we are interested in signing bynoe gittens from man city but with dortmund also keen they are favourite.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101782 on: August 3, 2020, 02:26:04 am »
we are interested in signing bynoe gittens from man city but with dortmund also keen they are favourite.
Any link for this?

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101783 on: August 3, 2020, 07:36:23 am »

According to who?

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101784 on: August 3, 2020, 08:08:20 am »

Bielsa’s after him I heard.

Loves his Binos.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101785 on: August 3, 2020, 10:55:44 am »
Bielsa’s after him I heard.

Loves his Binos.
;D  Brilliant

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101786 on: August 3, 2020, 01:43:06 pm »

it's a complex deal agreed from my sources. buy now, pay later

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #101787 on: August 5, 2020, 12:47:34 pm »
Ready made replacement and one for Robbo to mentor as he'll be understtod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZmOPsK6hZo

As an update he's been invited over to Munich by Bayern to tour round their facilities and has also been invited to Italy to Bologna.

And no I'm not his agent or a family member. ;D

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101788 on: August 5, 2020, 02:39:54 pm »
New contract for Tom Hill today. Had a great season last year, very versatile with an eye for goal. Interesting to see what his best position is, did well in midfield and had a knack for those late runs to the edge of the box.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #101789 on: August 5, 2020, 07:09:06 pm »

Is this literally down to U9 at the academy Fordy? I know that some academies are still waiting to go back despite the return of grassroots.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101790 on: August 5, 2020, 08:44:34 pm »
Is this literally down to U9 at the academy Fordy? I know that some academies are still waiting to go back despite the return of grassroots.

Our grassroots haven't been doing too well, from what I've heard.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #101791 on: August 5, 2020, 09:51:43 pm »
Our grassroots haven't been doing too well, from what I've heard.
The younger lads?

Offline Escorcio

• Kopite

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101793 on: August 5, 2020, 09:57:08 pm »
The younger lads?

The problem was a fungal infection apparently, so presumably not the younger lads.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/liverpools-blotchy-pitch-causes-confusion-18581578
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #101794 on: August 5, 2020, 10:02:09 pm »
The problem was a fungal infection apparently, so presumably not the younger lads.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/liverpools-blotchy-pitch-causes-confusion-18581578

Yeah think the fungal problems were when Trent was trying to slide into that girls PMs
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101796 on: August 5, 2020, 10:46:50 pm »
Any link for this?
Bild reporting it now, saying PSG and Madrid interested also. No mention of us by them not that it means anything either way no doubt they wouldn't have all info.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101797 on: August 5, 2020, 11:02:25 pm »
Bild reporting it now, saying PSG and Madrid interested also. No mention of us by them not that it means anything either way no doubt they wouldn't have all info.
They're just lifting the story from a twitter account, who does  have good links to acadmey players in this country despite the really fake ITK ssounding name.

https://twitter.com/TheSecretScout_/status/1289644418631311361?s=19

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101798 on: August 5, 2020, 11:11:41 pm »
Tom Hill has just signed a new contract, he has a really interesting season coming up in the under 23's.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/404458-tom-hill-signs-new-contract-with-liverpool-fc

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101799 on: August 5, 2020, 11:13:48 pm »
New contract for Tom Hill today. Had a great season last year, very versatile with an eye for goal. Interesting to see what his best position is, did well in midfield and had a knack for those late runs to the edge of the box.

You beat me to the news.  :D

I agree he's an enjoyable player to watch, it will be fascinating to see how he progresses in the new season.