Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 426633 times)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #360 on: March 10, 2012, 06:42:47 pm »
I like him.

He keeps things simple and doesn't worry too much about creating chances/ scoring goals/ getting into the box etc.

He's the new Jamie Redknapp.

or the new Gareth Barry.

Offline steve10

• Kopite
« Reply #361 on: March 10, 2012, 06:43:04 pm »
Another overrated english player who we will probably end up selling for 2 mill in a couple of years times when it become absolutely clear that he is another rubbish player.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: March 10, 2012, 06:43:24 pm »
But, that's where Henderson played almost all of last season, which is what we've based his buy off? Not really out of position in that sense.

I've said it enough times already.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #363 on: March 10, 2012, 06:43:25 pm »
Another overrated english player who we will probably end up selling for 2 mill in a couple of years times when it become absolutely clear that he is another rubbish player.

Too far.
Get out.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: March 10, 2012, 06:43:31 pm »
Thing is if you want to be direct you need to top class players the sort that chelsea had under mourinho to make it ultimately successfull. We don't have that and I'm some what baffled why we ripped up the blueprint that worked so well last year to start something. It seems kenny is caught in two minds with being direct or a passing side, we had a some good potential for a passing side in our squad but then in the summer went for more direct players to suit andy who doesn't even play.  Now we just look disjointed and unintelligent in attack. I hope the club and kenny pick one style in the summer and run with it rather than let us have to try mould the two which doesn't look like working.

Totally agree, and have said previously we've gone in a different direction to what he previously had (even under Kenny last season). It's fine if it works but it hasn't and some of the signings have't worked out thus far. But we've not fully committed to that which makes it even more confusing.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: March 10, 2012, 06:44:09 pm »

List all of the past examples.
No, actually list one example that falls into the criteria you set in your post.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #366 on: March 10, 2012, 06:44:21 pm »
or the new Gareth Barry.

Gareth Barry who's sat top of the league and has started the vast amount of his team's games to get there?

Perhaps there's something to it.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: March 10, 2012, 06:44:30 pm »
By the way, you still didn't answer my initial question, the one about you thinking he's a Championship player and sign of 'how far we have fallen' (amongst other things).

Fordy, you still haven't answered my question. I've asked you twice now and you've totally ignored it.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #368 on: March 10, 2012, 06:44:55 pm »
The fact some people are arguing Charlie Adam has been more effective this season worries and depresses me greatly.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: March 10, 2012, 06:45:18 pm »
Fordy, you still haven't answered my question. I've asked you twice now and you've totally ignored it.

If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of Fordy logging off.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: March 10, 2012, 06:45:36 pm »
Gareth Barry who's sat top of the league and has started the vast amount of his team's games to get there?

Perhaps there's something to it.

Yeah the fact hes surrounded by David Silva, Sergio Aguero, Ballotelli, Adam Johnson etc.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: March 10, 2012, 06:46:00 pm »
Can't believe he's getting written off already.

Out of him Carroll, Adam and Downing he's the one im not in the least bit worried about.

He's looked spot on at times this season in the middle and same again the few times I've watched England under 21 games.

He's over cautious and plays well within his ability.

He's also 21 in his first season at a big club, in a team that's misfiring badly.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #372 on: March 10, 2012, 06:46:03 pm »
I still don't understand why people on here feel the need to retort to namecalling. Why exactly is he a shitehouse for example? I'm sure you lot could do a better job than Jordan. Definitely. For sure. No doubt about it.  ::)

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: March 10, 2012, 06:47:02 pm »
I think he'll be great in 2 or 3 seasons. Will the fans give him that time? Doubt it.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: March 10, 2012, 06:47:49 pm »
Yeah the fact hes surrounded by David Silva, Sergio Aguero, Ballotelli, Adam Johnson etc.

And he still manages to retain a regular place in that side.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: March 10, 2012, 06:48:04 pm »
I think he'll be great in 2 or 3 seasons. Will the fans give him that time? Doubt it.

Fucking hope so
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: March 10, 2012, 06:49:04 pm »

Aye, he's only in the side because of how shite the other City centre midfielders Yaya Toure, Nigel de Jong, and David Pizarro are.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #377 on: March 10, 2012, 06:49:28 pm »
Don't think he's benefitting at all from playing every game, especially when he's out of form. Think Shelvey should be given a few games, if only to give Henderson a rest.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #378 on: March 10, 2012, 06:50:11 pm »
Totally awful, quite simply not good enough. He needs to be gone this summer, no questions asked. Sorry Lucas lad, you don't have the quality

- kneejerkers, 2009.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: March 10, 2012, 06:50:22 pm »
I miss Alonso like I miss an old girlfriend.

Not sure what that has to do with this thread, but I do.

Do you thjink he ever thinks about us?

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: March 10, 2012, 06:50:51 pm »
And he still manages to retain a regular place in that side.

For how long though, he is the most disposable player in their side and that regular place will probably be gone next season.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #381 on: March 10, 2012, 06:50:55 pm »

That's a completely separate point.

Considering Barry does nothing else but keep that team ticking over, surely it shows that that sort player has a part to play in a top team? See also, Barcelona (Xavi), Man Utd (Carrick), Real Madrid (Alonso), Arsenal (Wilshere), Spurs (Modric), and on and on.

They cant all be wrong.

And before you or anyone else starts, this is not to compare Henderson in ability to those players. Merely in style of play.

'All' those players do is pass and move. They dont get assists and they dont score goals. They make their teams tick. That is the player Henderson is.

When he's not shafted and moved out wide.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: March 10, 2012, 06:53:00 pm »

Considering Barry does nothing else but keep that team ticking over, surely it shows that that sort player has a part to play in a top team? See also, Barcelona (Xavi), Man Utd (Carrick), Real Madrid (Alonso), Arsenal (Wilshere), Spurs (Modric), and on and on.

They cant all be wrong.

And before you or anyone else starts, this is not to compare Henderson in ability to those players. Merely in style of play.

'All' those players do is pass and move. They dont get assists and they dont score goals. They make their teams tick. That is the player Henderson is.

We'll said mate.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: March 10, 2012, 06:53:36 pm »
For how long though, he is the most disposable player in their side and that regular place will probably be gone next season.

Yaya Toure, Nigel de Jong, and David Pizarro.

He is keeping two of these three players out of the side most weeks, now.
Next season, at 32 any top side would be looking to phase him out, but he is performing well enough to maintain his place in the starting XI of the best side in the country.

He's no Alonso, but he isn't shite.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: March 10, 2012, 06:54:12 pm »
Aye, he's only in the side because of how shite the other City centre midfielders Yaya Toure, Nigel de Jong, and David Pizarro are.

Yaya Toure is the star of that midfileld, De Jong is an out and out defensive midfield, and Pizarro has just arrived.  He is in the side for a reason, but is by no means a quality player, City can afford to accommodate him though because of their wealth of attacking options, however Mancini will know that if he wants to do better n Europe Barry will probably have to make way for a more technically gifted player.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: March 10, 2012, 06:54:19 pm »

That's not the point. If people think he's shit or even average, then his place in a team at the top of the league at present containing players like Yaya Toure and Nigel De Jong suggests otherwise.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: March 10, 2012, 06:54:22 pm »

They cant all be wrong.

Great post.

Offline GoodStuff

• Kopite
« Reply #387 on: March 10, 2012, 06:56:33 pm »
Aha Barry?

Hes the weak link at City. IT should be Yaya Toure + 1. De Jong is seen as too defensive but he would be best option. For me it should be Pizzaro, quality player. technically brillaint, but Mancini got his own ideas on how to use him. Barry plays cos he does a decent job hes got Kompany, Lescott, Richards behind him and fucking David Silva in front of him and Yaya beside him. Notice the blip City went on when Yaya went away to AFCON?

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: March 10, 2012, 06:56:55 pm »
Yaya Toure is the star of that midfileld, De Jong is an out and out defensive midfield, and Pizarro has just arrived.  He is in the side for a reason, but is by no means a quality player, City can afford to accommodate him though because of their wealth of attacking options, however Mancini will know that if he wants to do better n Europe Barry will probably have to make way for a more technically gifted player.

A side challenging for the league title cannot afford to 'accommodate' anyone.
He is keeping a Dutch and Chilean international out of the side, for a reason, he performs for Manchester City on a weekly basis the role the manager wants him to, that of retaining possession of the football.

It is truly astounding how the Alonso saga clouds the judgement people have on Barry as a player.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: March 10, 2012, 06:57:53 pm »

They cant all be wrong.

Spot on.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: March 10, 2012, 06:58:34 pm »

Hazell I got the Lucas thing wrong.

Will be right on Henderson though.

Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: March 10, 2012, 06:59:21 pm »

They cant all be wrong.

Alsono, Modric, Wilshere, Xavi, Carrick are all far more technically gifted players than Barry. Barry is more comparable to Parker, i never said players like that don't have a place in top clubs because they do.

Henderson isn't as good as any of them and probably never will be, if he was i wouldn't be complaining. The argument you use is akin to saying Kaka, Gerrard, Rooney, Jovetic are all great second strikers, and Taarabt is a second striker as well so he has a place in our side?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #392 on: March 10, 2012, 07:00:47 pm »

Definitely. There were worse performers out there today.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: March 10, 2012, 07:02:00 pm »
It is truly astounding how the Alonso saga clouds the judgement people have on Barry as a player.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Carrick also has the same kind of criticisms but Man Utd won the league 3 times in a row and a European Cup after they signed him.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: March 10, 2012, 07:02:06 pm »

Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

And upon which basis do you draw this conclusion from?

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: March 10, 2012, 07:02:28 pm »

Think that about sums it up.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #396 on: March 10, 2012, 07:02:33 pm »
Alsono, Modric, Wilshere, Xavi, Carrick are all far more technically gifted players than Barry. Barry is more comparable to Parker, i never said players like that don't have a place in top clubs because they do.

Henderson isn't as good as any of them and probably never will be, if he was i wouldn't be complaining. The argument you use is akin to saying Kaka, Gerrard, Rooney, Jovetic are all great second strikers, and Taarabt is a second striker as well so he has a place in our side?

Not exactly, because Henderson isn't being played in CM is he?

If Taarabt was being slagged off for being a shite RB I'd probably defend him too.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: March 10, 2012, 07:02:47 pm »
A side challenging for the league title cannot afford to 'accommodate' anyone.
He is keeping a Dutch and Chilean international out of the side, for a reason, he performs for Manchester City on a weekly basis the role the manager wants him to, that of retaining possession of the football.

A side challenging can afford to accommodate players. United have been doing it for years, players like Evra, Jones, Park Giggs(in cm) are average players who have got runs in their side, yet they still manage to challenge.

Barry does a job for city, but like i said he is their most disposable player and i will be very surprised if he doesn't make way next season for a more technically adept player with a similar style of play like Banega.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 07:05:12 pm by Coolie High »

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: March 10, 2012, 07:03:19 pm »
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Carrick also has the same kind of criticisms but Man Utd won the league 3 times in a row and a European Cup after they signed him.

I've rated Carrick since he was at West Ham, he is a better player than Barry.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: March 10, 2012, 07:04:08 pm »
I've rated Carrick since he was at West Ham, he is a better player than Barry.

Fine but there have been a lot of people who whose opinions of him are similar to that of Barry and Henderson.