Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2512962 times)

Offline Sevens and Eights

• Main Stander
  • Football is my oxygen.
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #8000 on: August 27, 2017, 09:08:51 pm »
 :o *confused look*
Spider cam?

Online Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #8001 on: August 27, 2017, 09:49:11 pm »
Seeing the whole area begin to look so much better is great....

Any recent pics?
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8002 on: August 27, 2017, 09:51:03 pm »
Spider cam?

Big camera tied to four corners of the ground that swoops down to about eight foot to give pictures from middle of the pitch

Offline unclebob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • NEVER buy the s*n
« Reply #8003 on: August 28, 2017, 12:12:21 am »
Happy Days!
If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #8004 on: August 28, 2017, 12:13:15 am »
Spider cam?

Does whatever a spider cam.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline unclebob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • NEVER buy the s*n
« Reply #8005 on: August 28, 2017, 12:15:32 am »
Spider :o
If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.

Offline YNWAArkAngel

• Main Stander
  • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
« Reply #8006 on: August 28, 2017, 01:34:41 am »
Was that the first time we've had spider cam at anfield?? I've never noticed it before anyway!!

i notice some railing on each end of the centenary stand on the roof on wednesday night as couldnt figure the life out of me what it for so after today game it the spidercam
Mav

JFT 96
YNWA

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8007 on: August 28, 2017, 03:07:04 am »
Great shots of 2nd goal from spidercam

Offline Moos

• Main Stander
« Reply #8008 on: August 28, 2017, 09:43:30 am »

Fantastic shots ;D

• Main Stander
  • Football is my oxygen.
« Reply #8009 on: August 28, 2017, 01:43:31 pm »
Aha, many thanks for clarifying the early morning adle minded.  ;D

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #8010 on: August 28, 2017, 01:53:04 pm »
Spider :o

Was hoping someone was going to jump up and pull it down.

Sat in the Kop, it's very noticeable at first
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #8011 on: August 28, 2017, 08:36:23 pm »
The footage from the spider cam was fantastic. Is it going to be a permanent feature or just there on certain match days?

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #8012 on: August 28, 2017, 08:41:11 pm »
I love the spider cam. And I hate everything.
I wonder if it could be sponsored. That would be exciting on many levels.

• Main Stander
  • Football is my oxygen.
« Reply #8013 on: August 29, 2017, 01:54:18 am »
Call it the spion Kop Spyder  :P
« Last Edit: January 9, 2018, 01:11:58 pm by Sevens and Eights »

Online elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #8014 on: August 29, 2017, 03:47:07 am »
I love the spider cam. And I hate everything.
I wonder if it could be sponsored. That would be exciting on many levels.

The Red Bull Gives You Wings Spider?
We are Liverpool!

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8015 on: August 29, 2017, 08:33:02 pm »

That looks like a video game
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8016 on: August 29, 2017, 08:40:01 pm »
Happy Days!

They need put something either side it looks unfinished

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8017 on: October 21, 2017, 12:03:03 pm »
What happened to naming rights?

Quite odd
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8018 on: October 21, 2017, 12:04:23 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8019 on: October 21, 2017, 12:06:35 pm »
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/08/anfields-main-stand-naming-rights-deal-not-immediate-priority-liverpool/ says that it's not something being actively looked into.
I wonder why not though?

And on the main stand, has it been a success?  Has it made the money we wanted??

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8020 on: October 21, 2017, 02:11:41 pm »
It's strange it's not actively being sought especially given the figures mentioned . Maybe it's not that sought afer as the main stand is the part of the ground that gets the least televised coverage . The anfield road end though is one that gets plenty of exposure . Surely a lower cost naming rights deal on a new build of say £5 million a year for ten years gets the stand built free of charge for FSG and the new sponsor gets plenty of publicity before , during and after the development , especially if it's tied in to a low cost admission with the emphasis on youth
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 02:14:24 pm by gazzam1963 »

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8021 on: October 21, 2017, 09:39:46 pm »
It's strange it's not actively being sought especially given the figures mentioned . Maybe it's not that sought afer as the main stand is the part of the ground that gets the least televised coverage . The anfield road end though is one that gets plenty of exposure . Surely a lower cost naming rights deal on a new build of say £5 million a year for ten years gets the stand built free of charge for FSG and the new sponsor gets plenty of publicity before , during and after the development , especially if it's tied in to a low cost admission with the emphasis on youth

FFS....

Because all of the figures 'mentioned' for the past 12 years are complete and utter bollocks.

No one is interested in sponsoring a single stand for a 'marketing profile' that is in competition with the main stadium brand (ANFIELD) and which the club recognises is very, very valuable to the club and is not prepared to sell or give away for the kind of money you might actually get.

Been looked into. No interested parties. Worth less than the existing brand. Dead as dust.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8022 on: October 22, 2017, 10:00:16 am »
FFS ...no need for that attitude I wasn't talking about the brand of anfield or the main stand I was talking about a new stand that would get worldwide exposure you know because it's on the tv every other week world-wide , a stand that can have adverts of said brand ...the reason I mentioned £5 million a year is because a company pays that to have a five inch by five inch piece on our shirt . And why would a sponsored stand have any effect on anfield as a brand ....has naming one after Kenny Dalglish affected the  brand . The only reason I can see it affecting anything is the existing club sponsors who have there logo on there .

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8023 on: October 22, 2017, 11:22:00 am »
FFS ...no need for that attitude I wasn't talking about the brand of anfield or the main stand I was talking about a new stand that would get worldwide exposure you know because it's on the tv every other week world-wide , a stand that can have adverts of said brand ...the reason I mentioned £5 million a year is because a company pays that to have a five inch by five inch piece on our shirt . And why would a sponsored stand have any effect on anfield as a brand ....has naming one after Kenny Dalglish affected the  brand . The only reason I can see it affecting anything is the existing club sponsors who have there logo on there .

The sleeve sponsors get prime exposure on the TV every week. A stand sponsor won't get that. At best they get association with the club and branding around the stand, however they could get all that for well less than £5m a year through other forms of club sponsorship.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #8024 on: October 22, 2017, 11:40:23 am »
The sleeve sponsors get prime exposure on the TV every week. A stand sponsor won't get that. At best they get association with the club and branding around the stand, however they could get all that for well less than £5m a year through other forms of club sponsorship.
And in pretty much every single picture in every magazine and paper around the world...... and every multimedia and online presences.....whereas the Annie Road end at best will be a blurred shot in the background.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8025 on: October 23, 2017, 01:34:34 pm »

FFS...stadium naming rights have been done to death for the last decade. But anyway:

Like it or not, you are talking about the Anfield brand. Anfield is far stronger as a stadium brand than any other as a stadium brand. There's precious little value for Coca Cola for example to spend money on a sponsorship of any part of the ground or even for the whole ground in the face of that brand. The 'Anfield' brand will dominate.

The Anfield brand is worth far more to the club than anything anyone is going to pay to sponsor any part or all of the ground. All of UK stadium sponsorships are wrapped up in the shirt deals. It's the shirts that matter. It's the shirts that get constant TV and media exposure. On TV, TV advertising, in papers, magazines, on fans, FIFA gaming, all over the internet. Shirts are everywhere - even Match Attacks. Sponsorships for stadiums are small beer at best - for individual stands, diddley-squat. They have more value as thank-yous to club legends.

Which is exactly what the club has done. The one stand that faces the cameras and gets the most exposure would get three parts of SFA as sponsorship but makes a great thank you to Kenny Dalglish.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:41:24 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #8026 on: October 25, 2017, 03:16:24 pm »
So how come Man Utd get £20m for the training ground sponsorship?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #8027 on: December 29, 2017, 09:46:06 am »
So how come Man Utd get £20m for the training ground sponsorship?

It's part of an overall deal with Aon including training kit. Liverpool have a training kit sponsor and a whole range of other 'partners'. United have always said that they won;t sell naming rights for Old Trafford.

It's highly likely that Liverpool will look for sponsors when the new training complex is built.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8028 on: January 2, 2018, 03:25:36 am »
The only way I see the club selling the rights of the Main Stand is if they move the TV cameras to the Kenny Dalglish stand. At the moment it gets very minimal exposure at the start of games and on replays. If the TV cameras were in the KD stand then you'd have the Main Stand on your screens for 90 minutes. Don't know how I'd go watching games with the Kop left of screen though!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8029 on: January 2, 2018, 09:05:25 am »
The only way I see the club selling the rights of the Main Stand is if they move the TV cameras to the Kenny Dalglish stand. At the moment it gets very minimal exposure at the start of games and on replays. If the TV cameras were in the KD stand then you'd have the Main Stand on your screens for 90 minutes. Don't know how I'd go watching games with the Kop left of screen though!

And how often would the very top of the Main Stand, where it would be named, be shown on TV given its huge height?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8030 on: January 2, 2018, 09:10:24 am »
I think the only time the sponsorship of the main stand would have been worthwhile to a company would have been when it first opened and was getting mentioned every game. I therefore think a deal needed to be in place whilst construction was ongoing.

Now that it is 18 months old and has been forgotten by the media, there is really no benefit for anyone to sponsor it at the price we would expect.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #8031 on: January 4, 2018, 05:08:22 pm »
Don't know how I'd go watching games with the Kop left of screen though!

Up to the opening of the 'old' main stand, TV cameras were in the Kemlyn Road Stand. Remember the November 1970 Anfield Derby game when we came back from 2-0 down?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #8032 on: January 5, 2018, 10:19:09 am »
Up to the opening of the 'old' main stand, TV cameras were in the Kemlyn Road Stand. Remember the November 1970 Anfield Derby game when we came back from 2-0 down?
i dont remember as i wasnt born but i know the game you mean

Heighway, Toshack and Lawler scored

be very odd looking at the kop from other side
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline OzBomber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8033 on: January 5, 2018, 11:01:07 am »
And how often would the very top of the Main Stand, where it would be named, be shown on TV given its huge height?
I'd put it down the front as a permanent fixture in the middle of the advertising hoardings. But like others have said it's probably too late for that, the only option would be to sell the naming rights to the entire stadium and we all hope that never happens.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8034 on: January 5, 2018, 11:23:50 am »
I'd put it down the front as a permanent fixture in the middle of the advertising hoardings. But like others have said it's probably too late for that, the only option would be to sell the naming rights to the entire stadium and we all hope that never happens.

Why would a company pay to sponsor a whole stand when they could purchase space on the advertising hoardings for a fraction of the cost?

The fact is sponsoring a stand isn't really designed to get you TV coverage of your brand - if that's what you're after then the club has other options it can offer. You're buying a closer association to the club, as one of the main sponsors, and the access to players and goodwill from supporters this brings.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8035 on: January 5, 2018, 11:33:28 am »

That's not how naming rights work. They don;t just stick a name on the stand or ground. It includes secondary branding and most importantly, ensuring that third-parties use the approved name in broadcasts, news reports etc. You rarely see the 'Emirates' sign on the outside of Arsenal's ground but it is always referred to as 'The Emirates Stadium' by broadcasters.

There are also technologies like Supponor that allow perimeter advertising to be digitally substituted in different regions. http://www.supponor.com/

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8036 on: January 5, 2018, 12:00:06 pm »
That's not how naming rights work. They don;t just stick a name on the stand or ground. It includes secondary branding and most importantly, ensuring that third-parties use the approved name in broadcasts, news reports etc. You rarely see the 'Emirates' sign on the outside of Arsenal's ground but it is always referred to as 'The Emirates Stadium' by broadcasters.

As said above, they can buy all that secondary branding from the club without the expense of sponsoring a stand.

You're comparing the number of mentions of an entire stadium to the mentions of a stand though. How often do you hear the mention of the name of a stand across from the cameras during televised games? Or in general the name of stands, other than maybe ones like The Kop?

There are also technologies like Supponor that allow perimeter advertising to be digitally substituted in different regions. http://www.supponor.com/

Again, they can buy all that without needing to sponsor a stand for huge amounts.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8037 on: January 5, 2018, 12:02:41 pm »

fuck me thats clever

never knew they had that capability!

cheers for posting that

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8038 on: January 5, 2018, 03:07:06 pm »
As said above, they can buy all that secondary branding from the club without the expense of sponsoring a stand.

You're comparing the number of mentions of an entire stadium to the mentions of a stand though. How often do you hear the mention of the name of a stand across from the cameras during televised games? Or in general the name of stands, other than maybe ones like The Kop?

Again, they can buy all that without needing to sponsor a stand for huge amounts.

I agree that naming rights for a stand seem hard to justify.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline OzBomber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8039 on: January 8, 2018, 03:08:33 am »
Its all irrelevant anyway, in 30 years it'll be the Steven Gerrard stand.