Author Topic: General Election December 12th  (Read 146909 times)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Re: General Election December 12th
« Reply #920 on: November 10, 2019, 12:32:24 pm »
Details to follow but Gina Miller's tactical voting site is being launched.

Guardian

Thing which continues to stand out to me is that there are still a fair amount of undecided voters who aren't likely to decide until very late on. Going to the Yougov regional stuff, think it was 17% of those saying they intended to vote who hadn't yet made their mind up here in the NW. Labour and Tories are only on 25/26% themselves. Week to week polling at the moment may just show noise because the major underlying shift, not counting the big chunk of undecideds (disproportionate number of women among them), has already happened (ie split across four parties from two) and we're now waiting for the campaign proper to play out and influence things, if it does.

Another thing was that pollsters are getting angsty about how much their results are differing from each other and the implications that could have for polling generally and these tactical voting sites specifically. Seems like one of the big fears is that they've, once more, boobooed with who they're polling.

Do you think we've reached critical mass with these tactical voting sites? Tactical.vote seems to have the most reach and their recommendations are terrible (based off 2017 GE results). We now have two more which seemingly have different recommendations too.

I guess this is the problem with the anti-Tory / pro-Remain sides this election. There's absolutely no co-ordination to be had across the board. At least in the last GE we reverted to a two-party system on Brexit lines.

The Dems, Labour, SNP, Plaid the Greens could have this election won quite easily if they had a brain between them.
:D

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #921 on: November 10, 2019, 12:35:35 pm »
This is part of a longer term thing generally with Labour, but Centre for Towns are trailing some results for their polling work. This is where they currently have the parties in ex-industrial towns, think Bolton, Wigan, Carlisle and Walsall as good examples of where they mean.

Con 32 (-5 from 2017)
Lab 27 (-23 from 2017)
LD 15 (+12)
Brexit Party  16
Greens 5

Would seem to fit pattern we're seeing in the Yougov regional polling? More details to come as they zoom out from their particular priority of looking at those towns.

This seems to be the general trend in England now right? I know you pointed to some regional differences in a prior post but the main takeaways are the Tories aren't really moving whilst Labour votes seem to have been swept up by LD and the BP (which varies based on if the constituency was Remain or Brexit)

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #922 on: November 10, 2019, 12:38:45 pm »
Can't read the full story, but seems dodgy Russians have very strong links to the Tory party:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/russian-tory-donors-named-in-secret-report-z98nqpkx0

Lets see what comes of this so quickly on the back of the police stopping the Acuri investigstion

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #923 on: November 10, 2019, 12:42:42 pm »
Can't read the full story, but seems dodgy Russians have very strong links to the Tory party:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/russian-tory-donors-named-in-secret-report-z98nqpkx0

Lets see what comes of this so quickly on the back of the police stopping the Acuri investigstion

Well nothing this side of the election as govt. have stopped publication of the report re investigation into the ‘leave’ vote.  And if govt comes through the election with a majority that report will likely never see the light of day.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #924 on: November 10, 2019, 12:57:46 pm »
This seems to be the general trend in England now right? I know you pointed to some regional differences in a prior post but the main takeaways are the Tories aren't really moving whilst Labour votes seem to have been swept up by LD and the BP (which varies based on if the constituency was Remain or Brexit)

Pretty much, although extent of 'don't knows' influencing that is still a big thing. It's a four way see saw but with a couple of fat kids yet to join in. (And of course people can shift over the course of a month too.)
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #925 on: November 10, 2019, 01:00:20 pm »
Pretty much, although extent of 'don't knows' influencing that is still a big thing. It's a four way see saw but with a couple of fat kids yet to join in. (And of course people can shift over the course of a month too.)

Very true, and I guess the old adage of undecided votes going to the Tories isn't true in today's climate.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: November 10, 2019, 01:05:50 pm »
So today’s Tory lies refer to the ‘cost’ of Labour policies at £12b or £1.2 trillion on front pages of the right wing press.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #927 on: November 10, 2019, 01:08:32 pm »
Very true, and I guess the old adage of undecided votes going to the Tories isn't true in today's climate.

Seems mainly roughly split between 2017 Tories and 2017 Labour voters and disproportionately female and young voters. Can see part of it in the campaign pitches being made. Labour have some strong policies, as do Lib Dems to be fair to them, which may help? Especially as it's stuff people can recognise and appreciate rather than it being some '20 years in the future, we'll have flying cars and everyone will brew their own organic beer' type of pitch. Taking childcare costs in particular I think will help a ton of people who need it eg young families who are struggling with cash at the end of every month.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #928 on: November 10, 2019, 01:11:45 pm »
So today’s Tory lies refer to the ‘cost’ of Labour policies at £12b or £1.2 trillion on front pages of the right wing press.
I would be interested to see independent analysis.  Obviously the Tory figures are fantasy, but they do have some extraordinary commitments..

On the flip side, so do the Tories...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: November 10, 2019, 01:25:25 pm »
I would be interested to see independent analysis.  Obviously the Tory figures are fantasy, but they do have some extraordinary commitments..

On the flip side, so do the Tories...

I didn’t watch but tories were apparently challenged on this on Andrew Marr earlier. Along the lines of ‘you seem to know a lot about the cost of labour policies, what about your own’?  Unsurprising response of ‘we will publish ours in due course’ (paraphrasing).

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: November 10, 2019, 01:55:43 pm »
This is interesting

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/labour-chiefs-mull-plan-replace-20852711

Labour want to replace top civil servants with political appointees..

And that’s almost exactly the same policy as Dominic Cummings put forward.

And it’s what has happened with Trump

I think it’s a dreadful idea myself, the civil service of any country is one of the primary reasons for its success (or otherwise).
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: November 10, 2019, 02:48:53 pm »

What kind of democracy do we live in? How can the government block information like this which can possibly threaten our democracy?
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: November 10, 2019, 02:50:49 pm »
What kind of democracy do we live in? How can the government block information like this which can possibly threaten our democracy?

The executive has a lot of power.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: November 10, 2019, 03:38:42 pm »
Politics of hatred won’t be beaten if I walk away from Labour

Posting this since most in here respect Jess Phillips, though some will probably have a go at her for leaving the party over Iraq.
Good piece that, thanks for posting. Would be interesting to get the views of some here who have walked away, or from Lib Dems who think the LP is irreparably damaged.

I resigned from the party over Iraq (and rejoined, I think, in 2007). But as I've written on here before, it was Iraq and some minor involvement in Stop the War that showed me how elements of the far left (outside the party - whose politics I'd been exposed to for decades) co-opted the hard left (Corbyn, Abbott etc) and conflated anger over Iraq with some dubious allies from reactionary Muslim organisations to extremists playing on sympathy for the Palestinian cause. Throw in some post-911 conspiracy theories (and the inevitable ever decreasing circles of identity politics), and sections of the left have lost the point of what the left is supposed to be.

Or as Orwell wrote over 70 years ago, the 'the suffocating stupidity of left-wing propaganda had frightened away whole classes of necessary people".
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: November 10, 2019, 04:04:45 pm »
On who would you trust more on the issue of the NHS:

Jeremy Corbyn: 27%
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson: 27%
Jo Swinson: 8%

None of them: 25%

via YouGov

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #935 on: November 10, 2019, 06:48:09 pm »

Westminster Voting Intention:

CON: 37% (+6)
LAB: 29% (+3)
LDM: 16% (-4)
BXP: 9% (-2)

Via @BMGResearch, 5-8 Nov.
Changes w/ 1-4 Oct.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 07:18:59 pm by filopastry »

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: November 10, 2019, 07:59:51 pm »
How many Referendums do we need Pep to sort Brexit? :)
https://twitter.com/davemacladd/status/1193611508753801217
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #937 on: November 10, 2019, 08:28:06 pm »

Jess Phillips

The Labour party is not perfect, but I have seen in my own life how it is the greatest vehicle for positive social change

The Labour party has suffered some flesh wounds in the past few days. Tom Watson’s resignation was unexpected, and I write as someone who spoke to him on the very morning he stood down and who had absolutely no idea.

The next morning, as I stood on a rainy street in Stechford, many messages came in to my phone to ask me if I was going to either stand to be deputy leader or if I was going to leave the Labour party.

That they were directly contradictory was amusing. The reality was that these messages were a distraction because I was a bit busy: no matter how much campaigning AI we develop, the doors in front of me simply do not knock themselves. So I was planning on doing neither.

I’ve left the Labour party once before, over Iraq, so I am no stranger to the feeling you get when you head for the door. I don’t have that feeling at the moment, although not all is rosy. I am maddened by some of the players, I am maddened by how the selection process for candidates is being handled to create new players.

I am left at times isolated by those I love and respect fleeing the party nest. The problems of prejudice are shameful and belittle our proud history of progressive values, and, if I am honest, it is bloody freezing on the doorstep, so packing it all in and getting back to my house is also tempting. But then I remember what I am currently fighting against and I know I must carry on.

Every day in Yardley I meet people who are living in grotty hotels because there are no homes for them, or single parents nearly £400 worse off a month because of universal credit. I meet people with terminal illnesses who have been refused their benefits.

Every Friday afternoon I have to make arrangements for where my son will go because his school cannot afford to stay open past 1. This isn’t an accident – someone did this to my people, and to me.

I have felt the force of what governments can do. I remember my elder son being in the first cohort of kids who got a free nursery place, I remember the palliative care my mother got at home as I watched her die. I remember the children’s centre where I took my babies when I needed a community to help me cope. My sons both have savings accounts for their future which were given to them with money donated to them at birth. I remember what it felt like to feel that things were getting better.

I might have given the Labour party the last six years of my life but it has given me and my family a foundation. I am not just loyal to the Labour party; I literally owe it. I am in the red.

The rise of the politics of hatred and division will not be beaten if I walk away. Last week I met a man who had been convicted of a public order offence after he came to my office and tried to kick the door in while he shouted that I was a fascist. This man had been told by divisive forces that people like me hated people like him, so he hated me in return.

I don’t hate him, I never did. People who claimed to represent his kind lied to him and it harmed him. We sat down and talked together, we chatted about Brexit together, laughed together and reminisced about the streets we both grew up on. The politics of hope is harder to spread than the politics of hate. Those currently in power have decided on the latter.

The Labour party is not perfect but I have seen in my own life how it is the greatest vehicle for positive hopeful social change. It is the only vehicle, I think, that has even an outside chance of fighting the divisive decade we are living in.

That means speaking up when Labour gets it wrong too, but any woman in our party will tell you that fighting for progress from within and increasing your numbers in the ranks is the only way to do it. Progress within and without our movement was never given easily, it always had to be won, with resistance and persistence.

When I talk with my sons in years to come I want to be able to say that I stayed on board to stop the hatred, division and regression. This brilliant vehicle for social change may need some repairs as it heads down the road; I will have my jump leads ready and with others I’ll try to keep it going.

The Labour party is bigger than any one of us and if it didn’t exist we would have to invent it. The struggle is real.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/10/jess-phillips-politics-of-hatred-social-change-labour

-------------------------------------------------------------

Posting this since most in here respect Jess Phillips, though some will probably have a go at her for leaving the party over Iraq.
i like far more now after her actions over Iraq
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: November 10, 2019, 09:17:00 pm »
https://twitter.com/wasiquk/status/1193595611397984256?s=21

Absolute car crash from abbott here, probably knowing full well the ones which she didn’t think were terrorist groups the majority would disagree with

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: November 10, 2019, 09:22:23 pm »
i like far more now after her actions over Iraq
Not being funny, but looking at how old she is she’s have still been at university then?

Up the fucking reds !
W

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #940 on: November 10, 2019, 09:23:01 pm »
How many Referendums do we need Pep to sort Brexit? :)
https://twitter.com/davemacladd/status/1193611508753801217

;D

----

This is getting into more detail on the Centre for Towns polling for anyone interested. Polling was done mid to late October. (edit: "At the time the Conservatives were on 36%, Labour 22%, Lib Dems 19% and the Brexit Party 12% nationally.") Ian Warren's really worth paying attention to, especially when he's also getting data from Yougov. A lot of this has been in the system for a decade or so, we're just having it all hang out because of the current political situation and state of the two (current) main parties.

Spoiler

We use six main types of towns based on those characteristics: Ex-industrial towns; University towns; Market towns; New towns; Commuter towns; and Coastal towns. Ex-industrial towns included here are important election target towns like Kirkby- and Sutton-in-Ashfield, Barnsley, Bolton, Bury, Burnley, Crewe, Doncaster, Dudley, Hartlepool, Heywood, Mansfield, Redcar, Rotherham, Walsall, West Bromwich and towns across the south Wales valleys. Coastal towns include Barrow-in-Furness, Blackpool, Workington, Cleethorpes, Grimsby, Morecambe, Southport, Rhyl and Llandudno. University towns includes places like Canterbury, Cambridge, Chester, Huddersfield, Lancaster, Loughborough, Poole and Preston.

Whatever happens with this election, Labour can't keep hoping for an FPTP squeeze to bail them out.

[close]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 09:41:24 pm by Zeb »

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: November 10, 2019, 10:22:52 pm »
Not being funny, but looking at how old she is she’s have still been at university then?

Up the fucking reds !

not sure why that would make a difference students tend to have more of a moral conscience than most
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: November 10, 2019, 10:23:07 pm »
;D

----

This is getting into more detail on the Centre for Towns polling for anyone interested. Polling was done mid to late October. (edit: "At the time the Conservatives were on 36%, Labour 22%, Lib Dems 19% and the Brexit Party 12% nationally.") Ian Warren's really worth paying attention to, especially when he's also getting data from Yougov. A lot of this has been in the system for a decade or so, we're just having it all hang out because of the current political situation and state of the two (current) main parties.

Spoiler

Whatever happens with this election, Labour can't keep hoping for an FPTP squeeze to bail them out.

[close]
Depressing but not surprising. I wonder what the polls would tell us if all the remain parties had forced a referendum with a remain result.  ?
I can only hope Johnson comes out of the debates looking like the clown he is. every party leader should have the ammo to rip Johnson apart on live TV.
2 head to head debates between Johnson +Corbyn is a farce. if this is a Brexit referendum then every party leader should be included in all the debates.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: November 10, 2019, 10:28:26 pm »
https://twitter.com/wasiquk/status/1193595611397984256?s=21

Absolute car crash from abbott here, probably knowing full well the ones which she didn’t think were terrorist groups the majority would disagree with
i think you need to check the source as it is a tory bots haven by the replies on it, not defending her but check the source i would suggest in future

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: November 10, 2019, 10:34:29 pm »
i think you need to check the source as it is a tory bots haven by the replies on it, not defending her but check the source i would suggest in future
id suggest in future you watch the video instead of trying to deflect from the shambles by trying to create a red herring with that comments bit as it has absolutely nothing to do with the content of the video, but hey each to their own

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: November 11, 2019, 05:39:22 am »
id suggest in future you watch the video instead of trying to deflect from the shambles by trying to create a red herring with that comments bit as it has absolutely nothing to do with the content of the video, but hey each to their own
i simply suggested it is easy to choose a bogus source on twitter and one that is put out there as a vehicle for the comments that followed probably the same people by the way just like a right wing version of a momentum tweet which i am sure you would never use, if it was on the beeb other sources would have given you the video anyway!

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: November 11, 2019, 07:03:02 am »
i simply suggested it is easy to choose a bogus source on twitter and one that is put out there as a vehicle for the comments that followed probably the same people by the way just like a right wing version of a momentum tweet which i am sure you would never use, if it was on the beeb other sources would have given you the video anyway!
how is it a bogus source when that video is totally legitimate? Just a bit of throwing a dead cat on the table there Geoff

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: November 11, 2019, 10:54:51 am »

Jess Phillips

The Labour party is not perfect, but I have seen in my own life how it is the greatest vehicle for positive social change

The Labour party has suffered some flesh wounds in the past few days. Tom Watson’s resignation was unexpected, and I write as someone who spoke to him on the very morning he stood down and who had absolutely no idea.

The next morning, as I stood on a rainy street in Stechford, many messages came in to my phone to ask me if I was going to either stand to be deputy leader or if I was going to leave the Labour party.

That they were directly contradictory was amusing. The reality was that these messages were a distraction because I was a bit busy: no matter how much campaigning AI we develop, the doors in front of me simply do not knock themselves. So I was planning on doing neither.

I’ve left the Labour party once before, over Iraq, so I am no stranger to the feeling you get when you head for the door. I don’t have that feeling at the moment, although not all is rosy. I am maddened by some of the players, I am maddened by how the selection process for candidates is being handled to create new players.

I am left at times isolated by those I love and respect fleeing the party nest. The problems of prejudice are shameful and belittle our proud history of progressive values, and, if I am honest, it is bloody freezing on the doorstep, so packing it all in and getting back to my house is also tempting. But then I remember what I am currently fighting against and I know I must carry on.

Every day in Yardley I meet people who are living in grotty hotels because there are no homes for them, or single parents nearly £400 worse off a month because of universal credit. I meet people with terminal illnesses who have been refused their benefits.

Every Friday afternoon I have to make arrangements for where my son will go because his school cannot afford to stay open past 1. This isn’t an accident – someone did this to my people, and to me.

I have felt the force of what governments can do. I remember my elder son being in the first cohort of kids who got a free nursery place, I remember the palliative care my mother got at home as I watched her die. I remember the children’s centre where I took my babies when I needed a community to help me cope. My sons both have savings accounts for their future which were given to them with money donated to them at birth. I remember what it felt like to feel that things were getting better.

I might have given the Labour party the last six years of my life but it has given me and my family a foundation. I am not just loyal to the Labour party; I literally owe it. I am in the red.

The rise of the politics of hatred and division will not be beaten if I walk away. Last week I met a man who had been convicted of a public order offence after he came to my office and tried to kick the door in while he shouted that I was a fascist. This man had been told by divisive forces that people like me hated people like him, so he hated me in return.

I don’t hate him, I never did. People who claimed to represent his kind lied to him and it harmed him. We sat down and talked together, we chatted about Brexit together, laughed together and reminisced about the streets we both grew up on. The politics of hope is harder to spread than the politics of hate. Those currently in power have decided on the latter.

The Labour party is not perfect but I have seen in my own life how it is the greatest vehicle for positive hopeful social change. It is the only vehicle, I think, that has even an outside chance of fighting the divisive decade we are living in.

That means speaking up when Labour gets it wrong too, but any woman in our party will tell you that fighting for progress from within and increasing your numbers in the ranks is the only way to do it. Progress within and without our movement was never given easily, it always had to be won, with resistance and persistence.

When I talk with my sons in years to come I want to be able to say that I stayed on board to stop the hatred, division and regression. This brilliant vehicle for social change may need some repairs as it heads down the road; I will have my jump leads ready and with others I’ll try to keep it going.

The Labour party is bigger than any one of us and if it didn’t exist we would have to invent it. The struggle is real.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/10/jess-phillips-politics-of-hatred-social-change-labour

-------------------------------------------------------------

So Iraq moved her to leave the party but the current antisemitism crisis hasn't? That doesn't paint her in a great light and the rest of the article doesn't provide close to enough justification for it. It's just more of the tired "stay and fight" rhetoric which Tom Watson reminded us is 99% hot air last week.

When I talk with my sons in years to come I want to be able to say that I stayed on board to stop the hatred, division and regression.

What will you be able to tell them that you did? Wrote Tweets and articles that will do nothing other than to gain sympathetic compliments? In other words, be the political equivalent of a social media user who bemoans how awful they look in a photo in the knowledge they'll receive praise from well-meaning friends/family in response.

Said the word "bab" a few times, which will cover the bills of a journalist who wants to write another article about the "Westminster bubble" and how people like Phillips are appealing to those outside of it?

Stopped hatred, division and regression by campaigning to put the man at the heart of it in the Labour Party into national power?

Not a record to be proud of IMO. Spend less time making videos with Rees-Mogg and telling us about your equally as touching meeting with the bloke who tried to kick your door down, and more time taking action to wrestle back control of the party you claim is the only one able to save the country and make it electable again.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: November 11, 2019, 11:26:21 am »

What will you be able to tell them that you did? Wrote Tweets nearly 5,300 posts in a political thread, on a football forum that will do nothing other than to gain sympathetic compliments? In other words, be the political equivalent of a social media user who bemoans how awful they look in a photo in the knowledge they'll receive praise from well-meaning friends/family in response.  ;D

« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 02:54:25 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: November 11, 2019, 11:31:54 am »

Do you think she, and other Labour MPs done enough? If there isn't an emoji that sums up your answer, it's OK, I won't expect a response from you.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: November 11, 2019, 12:07:33 pm »
how is it a bogus source when that video is totally legitimate? Just a bit of throwing a dead cat on the table there Geoff

Nothing wrong with using the video however your source not so much if you actually look at the coordinated replies (bots), you could have got it off other platforms and had the same effect, and my cat is still purring.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: November 11, 2019, 12:12:27 pm »
So Iraq moved her to leave the party but the current antisemitism crisis hasn't? That doesn't paint her in a great light and the rest of the article doesn't provide close to enough justification for it. It's just more of the tired "stay and fight" rhetoric which Tom Watson reminded us is 99% hot air last week.

What will you be able to tell them that you did? Wrote Tweets and articles that will do nothing other than to gain sympathetic compliments? In other words, be the political equivalent of a social media user who bemoans how awful they look in a photo in the knowledge they'll receive praise from well-meaning friends/family in response.

Said the word "bab" a few times, which will cover the bills of a journalist who wants to write another article about the "Westminster bubble" and how people like Phillips are appealing to those outside of it?

Stopped hatred, division and regression by campaigning to put the man at the heart of it in the Labour Party into national power?

Not a record to be proud of IMO. Spend less time making videos with Rees-Mogg and telling us about your equally as touching meeting with the bloke who tried to kick your door down, and more time taking action to wrestle back control of the party you claim is the only one able to save the country and make it electable again.

So she was ok with you till she mentioned Iraq.  Hmmmmmmmm

This is also a lady who has had more than her fair share of hate mail and threats on her and her families lives from all sides .

But now appears to be another on your hit list.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #952 on: November 11, 2019, 12:16:37 pm »
Frottage confirms he won't stand candidates in 317 seats.

Massive Tory landslide incoming.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #953 on: November 11, 2019, 12:18:03 pm »
BBC have blamed a 'Production error' on them playing a 2016 archived clip of Johnson laying his wreath at the Remembrance Day services rather than one that showed him laying it upside down yesterday

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #954 on: November 11, 2019, 12:21:34 pm »

So much for being against Johnson's deal then. He has effectively sealed it.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #955 on: November 11, 2019, 12:23:22 pm »
BBC have blamed a 'Production error' on them playing a 2016 archived clip of Johnson laying his wreath at the Remembrance Day services rather than one that showed him laying it upside down yesterday

Does anyone seriously consider the BBC to be impartial these days?

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: November 11, 2019, 12:29:33 pm »

Yeah, that's us fucked.

Unbelievable. Should be getting more airtime.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: November 11, 2019, 12:29:49 pm »

Thats his peerage sorted then

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #958 on: November 11, 2019, 12:31:03 pm »

Possible but, if so, would be happening regardless of this. Not seeing how Frottage's decision does much of anything but get him on the telly and keep the money rolling in.

Angry Tory voters in Bury voting Brexit Party aren't helping a Tory candidate get elected. Either there's more to it, like not arseing campaigning, or it's much of nothing outside a handful of seats.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: November 11, 2019, 12:31:14 pm »

Well fuck

Probably fine to vote your conscience people, it's going to be a Tory majority either way.

Was likely anyway, but I think that outside of a lot of centre left coordination standing down candidates I don't even harbour hope of a hung parliament.