Author Topic: Welcome back.  (Read 18234 times)

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
Welcome back.
« on: February 23, 2021, 08:08:31 am »
As you may have noticed, there was a period of downtime, unfortunately on Sunday the server was compromised, however there is no evidence that any personal information was leaked, instead it appears that it was targeted solely for attacking other sites.

Fortunately, we detected it quickly and were able to take the site offline, take backups from before it happened and move them to a new, clean server.

I am going to continue checking the old server, which is locked down with no internet access to confirm the initial assessment.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome back.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 08:15:08 am »
And all is normal in the world again :wave

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 08:18:04 am »
Add RAWK to this seasons injury list.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 08:21:35 am »
You don't realise how much you use something until it's no longer there!!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 08:52:09 am »
Thank God, I was forced to do actual work yesterday, nightmare.

Thank you for your technical expertise in getting it sorted. [emoji106]
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 08:53:55 am »
Good work guys  :wave

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 08:56:38 am »
Genuinely missed coming on here.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 09:07:46 am »
Genuinely spent about an hour trying to work out what I'd done this time for the ban  8)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 09:25:15 am »
Ah that would be why posts from Sunday have gone missing then :)

Good work guys!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 09:25:41 am »
Easily one of the worst Mondays I've ever had.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 09:27:47 am »
As you may have noticed, there was a period of downtime

Do it again Ben, but for a week next time we drop points. Ta.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 09:34:16 am »
Thank God, I was forced to do actual work yesterday, nightmare.

Honest to god, I actually answered some emails yesterday. Never again.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 09:36:16 am »
I missed you.  :'(

Welcome back.  :P

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 09:37:42 am »
Yeah I had the most productive day in ages at work. :D

Searched RAWK on Twitter to see if there was any news and mainly found comments from City fans the bad weirdos.

Thanks for fixing!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2021, 09:40:26 am »
Yeah I had the most productive day in ages at work. :D

Searched RAWK on Twitter to see if there was any news and mainly found comments from City fans the bad weirdos.

Thanks for fixing!

@RAWKeditor Nicholas, that's the place to find info

Offline goliath377

• Main Stander
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2021, 09:48:51 am »
Welcome back!
Still can't log in from Tapatalk though...

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2021, 09:49:02 am »
I just assumed Everton's win had opened a black hole over Merseyside and you had all been transplanted to Ancient Mongolia. Welcome back!

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2021, 09:51:01 am »
Glad it's back! I assume some newer threads are gone for good? I notice the Unpopular Opinions thread seems to be a casualty.

Probably a good thing given some of Tepid's mad shouts in there mind.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2021, 09:58:29 am »
Glad to be back. I was worried it was my ISP that blocked RAWK as that has happened once earlier.

Should we change our passwords as a precaution?

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2021, 10:09:18 am »
I just presumed Al went crazy in the transfer expenditure thread that was opened on the weekend.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2021, 10:12:00 am »
Glad to be back. I was worried it was my ISP that blocked RAWK as that has happened once earlier.

My first thought was that work had finally cottoned on to me and had finally blocked RAWK! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2021, 10:31:55 am »
Great to be back.

I'm currently working my notice period at work and Rawk has been my key focus of late. Out of desperation yesterday, I created a word document and started talking to myself about the Sheff Utd game.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2021, 10:33:24 am »
Wondered where you had got to.

I'm having connection issues though. WFH and if I connect to work via the Forticlient VPN, I can then get on RAWK from Chrome. If I disconnect I get a this site cannot be reached message. I get the same message on my personal laptop and also on my phone, same with wifi on or off. Any suggestions?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2021, 10:38:25 am »
Wondered where you had got to.

I'm having connection issues though. WFH and if I connect to work via the Forticlient VPN, I can then get on RAWK from Chrome. If I disconnect I get a this site cannot be reached message. I get the same message on my personal laptop and also on my phone, same with wifi on or off. Any suggestions?

I'm guessing an old cached DNS entry on your router. When on VPN your DNS will be going through your works DNS server.

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2021, 10:49:49 am »

Should we change our passwords as a precaution?

It probably isn't necessary, but if you use the same combination elsewhere, it might be a sensible precaution however to bring forward your standard password rotation :)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2021, 10:51:53 am »
Nice one Ben

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2021, 10:53:16 am »
My first thought was that work had finally cottoned on to me and had finally blocked RAWK! ;D

I remember a few years back the IT guy at work coming up to me and say “do you go on a website called red and white Kop” and I answered “now and again”. :D He advised me not too and I’ve been making annoying typos on my phone for you all ever since!

Offline zadoktBeast

• Main Stander
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2021, 11:10:36 am »
Thank you!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2021, 11:13:49 am »
I'm guessing an old cached DNS entry on your router. When on VPN your DNS will be going through your works DNS server.

Cheers bud, I'll look at clearing that
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2021, 11:44:20 am »
Thanks for fixing! Bit more to it than I thought, I thought something had expired and nobody could be arsed getti g the aite back up quickly just to see all the shite posts about the derby.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2021, 12:41:18 pm »
Thanks for sorting the issue mate.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2021, 12:47:54 pm »
I thought I'd been banned or something.

Well done for doing whatever you did, all sounds very technical and alien to me.

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2021, 01:02:36 pm »
Really missed the place when it went down. Had no idea how much time I spent here until yesterday!

Great work getting it back boys and as someone else said above, just add RAWK to the long list of injuries weve had to put up with this season!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2021, 01:27:39 pm »
The hamster stopped running again did he?  Lazy c*nt!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2021, 01:45:53 pm »
So for the tech wizards (or just people who arent thick probably), I still cant get RAWK through safari or chrome on my iphone. I've tried clearing my history, and turning it off and on again, but still not 'finding the server'

Any ideas?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2021, 01:55:27 pm »
So for the tech wizards (or just people who arent thick probably), I still cant get RAWK through safari or chrome on my iphone. I've tried clearing my history, and turning it off and on again, but still not 'finding the server'

Any ideas?

I suspect it is DNS causing these issues. Apparently turning Airplane mode off and on again will flush the DNS cache so that might fix it.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2021, 02:37:39 pm »

Any ideas?

Same here, no rawk on chrome but can get it opera (with vpn on)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2021, 02:49:23 pm »
I suspect it is DNS causing these issues. Apparently turning Airplane mode off and on again will flush the DNS cache so that might fix it.

Tried that on my Android phone and no joy. Also need to work out how to flush the cache on the router.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2021, 03:06:32 pm »
Tried that on my Android phone and no joy. Also need to work out how to flush the cache on the router.

It'll be your mobile provider and/or ISP's DNS a bit slow on the update. Change your DNS on your phone from ISP provided to some free public ones...

Google - 8.8.8.8
CloudFlare - 1.1.1.1

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2021, 03:23:00 pm »
It'll be your mobile provider and/or ISP's DNS a bit slow on the update. Change your DNS on your phone from ISP provided to some free public ones...

Google - 8.8.8.8
CloudFlare - 1.1.1.1

Yeah worth checking with nslookup if it is actually resolving an address at all, or if it is returning an old IP.

I noticed yesterday that the RAWK domain wasn't resolving at all from my ISP, Google or Cloudflare DNS. In theory if your ISP doesn't know anything at all it should go and ask a top level server for the address, but if it has an old address still cached then it will still return the old IP.