Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3535339 times)

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #20080 on: September 21, 2020, 08:05:01 pm »
It's basically fucking white  ;D There's a lot to be getting wound up about in the world at the moment. The liverbird potentially being ecru instead of white isn't one of them  ;D
It’s grubby white  :nirnir  ;D

Let me have my ‘old man yells at cloud’ moment, will ya?  ;)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #20081 on: September 21, 2020, 08:23:08 pm »
It’s grubby white  :nirnir  ;D

Let me have my ‘old man yells at cloud’ moment, will ya?  ;)

Fair enough  :D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #20082 on: September 21, 2020, 09:02:07 pm »
As I am the one behind the leak, I can tell you that as far as I know, the liverbird/sponsors/logos will be ecru(fossil) at the home kit.

Have the Premier League approved this? They only allow certain colors for the liverbird/sponsors/logos.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #20083 on: September 21, 2020, 09:55:57 pm »
Have the Premier League approved this? They only allow certain colors for the liverbird/sponsors/logos.

Considering the sheer number of colours across the league for badges/sponsors/logos, I doubt ecru would cause a fuss if that were so.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #20084 on: September 21, 2020, 10:01:02 pm »
I'm not convinced that's a thing. I guess they might object to a colour match that's difficult to see (like if we used the blackout kits as an away kit) but otherwise, I don't see it. I think there's a rule for name & squad number colours, so maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20086 on: September 21, 2020, 10:53:32 pm »

Teams change the crest colour to the colour of the trim every year.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20087 on: September 22, 2020, 09:54:06 am »
Anyone know why I can't select any sizes on this, it can't be sold out already surely?!

https://www.nike.com/gb/t/liverpool-fc-strike-football-drill-top-RKGqKT/CZ3308-644

The club shop only has the Vapour version at the moment which I don't want ;D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #20088 on: September 22, 2020, 10:00:54 am »
Yep, it'll be sold out

Offline J_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20089 on: September 22, 2020, 10:12:28 am »
Nightmare, although I hold out hope that as it seems only the Vapor version is available anywhere else they've not put it up for sale yet for some reason ;D

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #20090 on: September 22, 2020, 10:13:59 am »
People on here asking for a "simple red kit, that's all we ask for" kill me, honestly, has common sense died?

OK so you design a simple just red and gold or red and white kit... it sells amazing like the one we had in 17/18.. what about next yr... will you make another simple red kit... oh wait you can't because then the kits would be identical, so what's the incentive for the fan/supporter/customer to buy the new one if they are basically the same? There isn't any incentive.

Honestly, use your brains, if you buy a plain black tee shirt, you aren't gonna buy another plain black t shirt from a diff brand that is identical, there's no point right, they are the same, kits are things that need to be identifiable, you need to see a kit and go "oh yeah that was out 12/13 season blah blah" at a glance - so that is why they have to have certain features or patterns, you'll never be able to please everyone so of course not everyone will be pleased but some of the complaints are just cringe.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20091 on: September 22, 2020, 10:39:22 am »
Nightmare, although I hold out hope that as it seems only the Vapor version is available anywhere else they've not put it up for sale yet for some reason ;D

it's definitely been loaded on the back end of JD Sports (the non-vapour one) so it'll come soon.
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20092 on: September 22, 2020, 10:40:09 am »
People on here asking for a "simple red kit, that's all we ask for" kill me, honestly, has common sense died?

OK so you design a simple just red and gold or red and white kit... it sells amazing like the one we had in 17/18.. what about next yr... will you make another simple red kit... oh wait you can't because then the kits would be identical, so what's the incentive for the fan/supporter/customer to buy the new one if they are basically the same? There isn't any incentive.

Honestly, use your brains, if you buy a plain black tee shirt, you aren't gonna buy another plain black t shirt from a diff brand that is identical, there's no point right, they are the same, kits are things that need to be identifiable, you need to see a kit and go "oh yeah that was out 12/13 season blah blah" at a glance - so that is why they have to have certain features or patterns, you'll never be able to please everyone so of course not everyone will be pleased but some of the complaints are just cringe.

People are just old and grumpy and want something to moan about to hark on about the simpler older days when they used a typewriter. Take no notice. This will be one of the most sold PL kits of all time.
YNWA.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #20093 on: September 22, 2020, 10:42:47 am »

Wow, that’s quite a rant! And why is it cringe, just because it’s a different opinion to yours? I know they can’t repeat the same exact design every year, but it should be based on the same fundamental colours. Do you see inter Milan having any other colours than blue and black? Or Arsenal anything other than red and white?  This year we’ve had green/teal added, apparently next year we’re having a mix of red, “bright crimson”/pink and “fossil”/ecru.  Keep home shirt colours traditional, that’s all I’m asking.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20094 on: September 22, 2020, 10:50:50 am »
Wow, that’s quite a rant! And why is it cringe, just because it’s a different opinion to yours? I know they can’t repeat the same exact design every year, but it should be based on the same fundamental colours. Do you see inter Milan having any other colours than blue and black? Or Arsenal anything other than red and white?  This year we’ve had green/teal added, apparently next year we’re having a mix of red, “bright crimson”/pink and “fossil”/ecru.  Keep home shirt colours traditional, that’s all I’m asking.

I mean this isn't entirely accurate now is it?

Arsenal have had stripes of blue on their home kit, a maroon colourway, gold accents.

Inter Milan have had gold accents before.

We have also had teal and white accents before, it's not a new revelation.

We've not seen the actual implementation of the kit yet, just an indication of colours. I'm not really sure it's worth getting that worked up over.
YNWA.

Offline J_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20095 on: September 22, 2020, 10:57:31 am »
it's definitely been loaded on the back end of JD Sports (the non-vapour one) so it'll come soon.

Cheers :)

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #20096 on: September 22, 2020, 10:58:24 am »

It is a rant, and not because of my opinion, more so because of comments like yours actually, if we use an example you claim to want traditional colours, why was teal added, let me point you to this kit which you should be familiar with:

That is the inspiration for our current kit, you can see the teal in the same places. It's not something new, it's not Nike being c*nts, it's inspiration from a kit we wore 20 years ago, just like the famous 17/18 kit was inspired by the 95/96 kit and so on.

My rant is because as the poster before you said, people rant for the sake of ranting, without informing themselves or turning a blind eye to suit their rant.

Oh and as for Inter Milan, their kit is black and blue vertical stripes, that has been changed to zig zags this season and in 14/15 it was basically a black shirt with pinstripes, changes aren't limited to Liverpool only. Arsenal went from red to maroon for crying out loud, chelsea went from white shorts to all blue (albeit longer ago).... etc etc

One final point, kicking off about next years shirt which has not yet even been seen is just idiotic, you're getting wound up over something which literally has not yet happened. My main point is people need to chill out with the kits and having a meltdown every year because it's got too much white, or the socks are wrong... or whatever. Out 17-18 to 19/20 shirts with darker red were not the traditional shade of red yet everyone loved them, was that wrong also?

Finally, as with every other club, Liverpool FC receive a range of designs from Nike, the club themselves decide what their favoured design will be for the season, one they passed on might have been perfect for you, maybe go join FSG out over that next  :wave
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 11:06:31 am by PhilV »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #20097 on: September 22, 2020, 11:04:43 am »
Wow, that’s quite a rant! And why is it cringe, just because it’s a different opinion to yours? I know they can’t repeat the same exact design every year, but it should be based on the same fundamental colours. Do you see inter Milan having any other colours than blue and black? Or Arsenal anything other than red and white? This year we’ve had green/teal added, apparently next year we’re having a mix of red, “bright crimson”/pink and “fossil”/ecru.  Keep home shirt colours traditional, that’s all I’m asking.

Um....yes?

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20099 on: September 22, 2020, 12:52:22 pm »

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20100 on: September 22, 2020, 12:59:04 pm »

Should i feel bad for liking this? 🤔
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #20101 on: September 22, 2020, 01:03:30 pm »
No, it's really nice

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #20102 on: September 22, 2020, 01:36:46 pm »
Um....yes?

It’s hardly green or pink is it?

Anyway, I’ll drop it.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20103 on: September 22, 2020, 01:41:24 pm »
It’s hardly green or pink is it?

Anyway, I’ll drop it.

have you seen Barca's kits over the last couple of years?  :D

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20104 on: September 22, 2020, 01:48:30 pm »

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20105 on: September 22, 2020, 01:52:45 pm »
have you seen Barca's kits over the last couple of years?  :D

They’ve had some shockers lately. And let’s not forget Juve’s monstrosity last season.

I think we’re lucky we have one core colour and no pattern. When you have two core colours, it gives the designers a lot more scope for fucking around.

We’ve got off lightly with this season’s kits - they’re really not that bad.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #20106 on: September 22, 2020, 01:58:36 pm »
moving on from them shenanigans, that square pattern UCL jacket with the big red tick on the back is getting bought, that's nice that!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #20107 on: September 22, 2020, 02:22:13 pm »
The only team that really seems to constantly avoid their home kit being messed with is Bayern, and possibly Real Madrid (hard to mess too much with all white I guess!). Even Barca have had some dodgy stuff done to their home shirt.

All I'd say about the training stuff is it's very red/black and therefore a bit Manc looking for me.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20108 on: September 22, 2020, 02:26:20 pm »
(hard to mess too much with all white I guess!)

Have you seen the latest Spurs kit?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20109 on: September 22, 2020, 02:28:35 pm »
Have you seen the latest Spurs kit?

Good point ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20110 on: September 22, 2020, 02:34:43 pm »
The only team that really seems to constantly avoid their home kit being messed with is Bayern, and possibly Real Madrid (hard to mess too much with all white I guess!). Even Barca have had some dodgy stuff done to their home shirt.

All I'd say about the training stuff is it's very red/black and therefore a bit Manc looking for me.

Even the Bayern kit has had several kits that aren't just solid plain colors

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/06/fc-bayern-munchen-home-kit-evolution.html

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #20111 on: September 22, 2020, 02:37:26 pm »

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/06/fc-bayern-munchen-home-kit-evolution.html

All I've learnt from that pic is that Muller may possibly be an immortal and we must sent Duncan MacLeod to fight him.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20112 on: September 22, 2020, 02:40:03 pm »

God, I'd forgot about that red and blue monstrosity! To be honest I'm just extremely jealous of their kit for this season (although people wouldn't like the Adidas stripes down the side!)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 02:41:48 pm by redgriffin73 »

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #20113 on: September 22, 2020, 02:40:08 pm »

Change in stripes, colours, whole shirt colour went from red to blue/black for a couple years... no one is safe  ;D

Real are clean most of the time though but adidas does their "tweaks" atm by changing the colour of the stripes and things like that

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20114 on: September 22, 2020, 02:41:28 pm »
Imagine if we suddenly got red and white stripes ;D

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #20115 on: September 22, 2020, 02:42:39 pm »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20117 on: September 22, 2020, 02:50:08 pm »
God, I'd forgot about that red and blue monstrosity! To be honest I'm just extremely jealous of their kit for this season (although people wouldn't like the Adidas stripes down the side!)

I actually liked their Red and Blue kit, reminded me of their mid 90's. I don't like their current kit either, the light stripe around the collar is irratiting.  ;D

Muller is like Zannetti, will look the same for all his life regardless of age :D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20118 on: September 22, 2020, 02:50:51 pm »

Change in stripes, colours, whole shirt colour went from red to blue/black for a couple years... no one is safe  ;D

Real are clean most of the time though but adidas does their "tweaks" atm by changing the colour of the stripes and things like that

Yeah at this point they're going to run out of colors.  ;D They've had pink,blue,black,gold trims in recent years.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20119 on: September 22, 2020, 02:51:58 pm »
Just ordered my Thiago home kit.  :)
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."