Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 1008192 times)

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Reply #14880 on: Today at 02:48:37 pm »
Klopp hasn't even left and the absolute gobshites are leaking poison about him to the usual suspects. Sadly far too many on here are lapping it up.

The club is fucked if we are going back to the dark days of one section of the club briefing against another. Not surprising Edwards coming back was played out in the media. The club needs to get rid of anyone leaking to the media. It is an absolute joke that the team news is available on the internet hours before kick of. I wonder how many managers have changed their line up after seeing ours.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14881 on: Today at 02:49:58 pm »
would love to hear this one..
shout out to the person above who said it might have changed and high value shots aren't a thing anymore... can you top it?

I dont believe it’s obvious that all the nerds will like him. Maybe they will, but to say definitively that he will be liked, dunno dont know how anyone can say that.

Either way I dont really care if they like him or not. As much as we joke, they dont run this club and shouldnt run this club.

Im keeping him by the way, i dont want him sold. But in the round every player needs to be looked at.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:51:47 pm by killer-heels »

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14882 on: Today at 02:52:42 pm »
Anfield Sector
@AnfieldSector
·
1h
[🟢] NEW: Nunez was very much a Klopp signing, with Liverpool’s recruitment team preferring Christopher Nkunku (Paul Joyce)

The wording shows what they think. "Very much" a Klopp signing and "had nothing to do with us".

Pretty funny considering Chelsea signed Nkunku and yet tried to sign Darwin last summer.  ;D

Not really anything new, is it? Lijnders admitted as much in his book.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14883 on: Today at 02:53:28 pm »
Pretty funny considering Chelsea signed Nkunku and yet tried to sign Darwin last summer.  ;D

Not really anything new, is it? Lijnders admitted as much in his book.

Yeah its quite on the record that Ljinders and Klopp pushed for him.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14884 on: Today at 02:53:51 pm »
Klopp hasn't even left and the absolute gobshites are leaking poison about him to the usual suspects. Sadly far too many on here are lapping it up.

The club is fucked if we are going back to the dark days of one section of the club briefing against another. Not surprising Edwards coming back was played out in the media. The club needs to get rid of anyone leaking to the media. It is an absolute joke that the team news is available on the internet hours before kick of. I wonder how many managers have changed their line up after seeing ours.

Agreed, brings back very bad memories and besides,  as others have mentioned, why would you brag about your preference for a bloke who's managed just 2 goals and 317 minutes in the league?

Online PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14885 on: Today at 02:56:54 pm »
Timing of that Nunez byline is very telling.

Putting the blame very publicly at Klopp's feet which he can take with him as he exits, distancing the recruitment dept from any loss we take on any possible departure.

Didn't think we'd entertain moving him out with so long still on his contract but those noises are being made for a reason, and being made now for a reason.

100% this.

Online PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14886 on: Today at 02:58:49 pm »

I don't think this harms anyone? This doesn't dent Klopp's stock in the slightest and will allow them to do what they have to do with less push-back. It's tactical.

Much agreed with any leaking though, especially line-ups.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14887 on: Today at 03:00:55 pm »

It reminds me of the end of Rodgers' tenure with the  articles stating that this or that player was the manager's signing.

There was an article saying the same thing last season so I guess the data guys don't rate him which is ironic reading his thread.

Very much shades of that yeah.

There was always going to be victims of a change in regime, Darwin being one of them isn't one I'd seen coming but it does appear to be being setup. Those lines about him being Klopp's guy, not ours haven't come out of nowhere.

Online PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14888 on: Today at 03:03:21 pm »
Nkunku 😂

Dodged a bullet considering his injury record. He's a superior footballer to Nunez in every way though.

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14889 on: Today at 03:03:32 pm »
Looks like the good times are back then. Klopp going leaves a huge vacuum at the top of the club. Think Carragher mentioned it yesterday - we need a leader to unite the fanbase more than anything

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14890 on: Today at 03:03:53 pm »
But Nunez is miles better than sick note Nkunku so I don't see the point of Joyce's statement. It hardly paints the Nkunku fans within the club in a good light.

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #14891 on: Today at 03:05:31 pm »
I think we'd be mad to bin him at this point. We have much greater needs elsewhere in the squad. I do think the management needs a greater emphasis on developing his shot conversion. His defense has come on leaps and bounds this season. His pressing isn't hopeless anymore, but it seems to come at the expense of finishing consistently. I don't care if he becomes a Haaland-type player if he learns to finish better. The high shooting volume approach doesn't seem to work with him like it did with Mo and Mane.   

Online Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14892 on: Today at 03:07:24 pm »
Definitely has end of Rodgers vibes - Edwards and his team leaking things to the media, etc.; and Rodgers running to his scumbag mouthpiece Neil Ashton.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14893 on: Today at 03:14:47 pm »
But Nunez is miles better than sick note Nkunku so I don't see the point of Joyce's statement. It hardly paints the Nkunku fans within the club in a good light.

:o

The only metric Nunez is better in is availability.

Online johnathank

• youverymuch
  • Main Stander
« Reply #14894 on: Today at 03:15:15 pm »

Wait wait wait wait wait

You saying our team of nerds are not actually nerds? Have we just been invaded by hipsters instead?!

This changes fucking everything
Everything old is new again. In no time at all, we’ll have scouts watching football matches to see how good the players are instead of looking at spreadsheets. The horror.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #14895 on: Today at 03:18:05 pm »
Everything old is new again. In no time at all, we’ll have scouts watching football matches to see how good the players are instead of looking at spreadsheets. The horror.
Would be a shame. We’ll actively get worse. We should probably do both of those things.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14896 on: Today at 03:19:02 pm »
Huh so it seems the nerds might not actually rate him after all because these seem like calculated briefings to me.

Online mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #14897 on: Today at 03:19:56 pm »
:o

The only metric Nunez is better in is availability.

Don't make stuff up

Online Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14898 on: Today at 03:21:14 pm »
Nunez is frustrating as hell but at the end of the day he has 31 G/As this season which is an incredible return.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #14899 on: Today at 03:24:02 pm »
Very much shades of that yeah.

There was always going to be victims of a change in regime, Darwin being one of them isn't one I'd seen coming but it does appear to be being setup. Those lines about him being Klopp's guy, not ours haven't come out of nowhere.

They come out everytime he has a bad run. It is pathetic. Last summer the Athletic was running hatchet pieces against Klopp some of it very personal. People at our Football club are leaking to the press and it needs to stop.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14900 on: Today at 03:26:01 pm »
Nunez is frustrating as hell but at the end of the day he has 31 G/As this season which is an incredible return.
Same as Ollie Watkins that isn’t it?

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #14901 on: Today at 03:27:06 pm »
Timing of that Nunez byline is very telling.

Putting the blame very publicly at Klopp's feet which he can take with him as he exits, distancing the recruitment dept from any loss we take on any possible departure.

Didn't think we'd entertain moving him out with so long still on his contract but those noises are being made for a reason, and being made now for a reason.

I think it's putting a marker down that the model is changing back to being more data led. Klopp was given more free reign post-Edwards (including Schmadtke coming in).

We'd be open to offers i'd imagine. Plus about a quarter or a fifth of his full transfer fee is incentives based. We've probably got 10 million or so left in installments.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:29:54 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14902 on: Today at 03:28:25 pm »
He will have to have the season of his life next season if he stays. Otherwise he's gone come next summer.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14903 on: Today at 03:28:51 pm »
They come out everytime he has a bad run. It is pathetic. Last summer the Athletic was running hatchet pieces against Klopp some of it very personal. People at our Football club are leaking to the press and it needs to stop.

That leak has been had before though. Not sure why its been regurgitated again though. I would think that is because a journalist has decided to revisit it but because Joyce is reporting as well as Bascombe, seems like some loose lipped prick has fed that out again.

Online NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #14904 on: Today at 03:30:33 pm »
He's the most marmite player we have both within our fan base and elsewhere. His inconsistency is baffling at times. One minute he can't trap a ball, the next he'll smash one in the roof of the net. Seems like when he's good, he's very good and when he's off it, he's dreadful. Signs of small improvements but then he takes a couple of steps backwards with performances like last night. Would I keep him? Probably. Would I trust him at the moment to spearhead a title charge? Most definitely not.
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #14905 on: Today at 03:30:38 pm »
That leak has been had before though. Not sure why its been regurgitated again though. I would think that is because a journalist has decided to revisit it but because Joyce is reporting as well as Bascombe, seems like some loose lipped prick has fed that out again.

The Athletic is basically the clubs PR department.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14906 on: Today at 03:33:12 pm »
Anfield Sector
@AnfieldSector
·
1h
[🟢] NEW: Nunez was very much a Klopp signing, with Liverpool’s recruitment team preferring Christopher Nkunku (Paul Joyce)

The wording shows what they think. "Very much" a Klopp signing and "had nothing to do with us".
Klopp very much wins that one then!

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14907 on: Today at 03:33:17 pm »

It's unfortunate that he hit the buffers the same time as Salah has, plus Jota's injury (neither of them have barely scored since Brentford away and Darwin hasn't picked up the slack and he's stopped scoring himself).. That's when we've needed him to step up and he hasn't. He's our main striker.

I know Bobby contributed more, but if he wasn't scoring then it didn't matter because Salah and/or Mane were.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14908 on: Today at 03:33:30 pm »
Darwin wasn't a data driven signing more of a Pep and Kloppo signing. Thought it was obvious. There were articles done about it when he was signed.  ???

Online Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14909 on: Today at 03:33:52 pm »
The Athletic is basically the clubs PR department.

? That'd be awful strange considering the revolting shite the likes of Simon Hughes have written.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14910 on: Today at 03:35:29 pm »
Darwin wasn't a data driven signing more of a Pep and Kloppo signing. Thought it was obvious. There were articles done about it when he was signed.  ???

It smacked too much of him tearing us to shreds a bit in the Benfica game, let's get him in. A bit like Rodgers with Benteke.

That's what the data led approach is designed to help avoid. Do the due diligence.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14911 on: Today at 03:38:14 pm »

Ljinders said as much in his book.