Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1923292 times)

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
Re: Current injury updates? not a transfer speculation thread
« Reply #10360 on: October 16, 2018, 09:18:38 pm »
 Think this is all bullshit to be honest, they’ll all be playing on Saturday

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10361 on: October 16, 2018, 09:35:41 pm »
Keita now, who doesn't love the international breaks.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10362 on: October 16, 2018, 09:58:09 pm »
Just listened to today's talking reds where at around minute six into the video its said Salah will be fit for the weekend..

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #10363 on: October 16, 2018, 10:17:36 pm »
Saw a stat on twitter earlier saying ~35% of days missed due to injury over the past four years have come as a result of International breaks.

I have no idea how this compares to other teams, but it seems quite high. I can see why Klopp gets so frustrated with some of these matches.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10364 on: October 16, 2018, 10:33:12 pm »
Saw a stat on twitter earlier saying ~35% of days missed due to injury over the past four years have come as a result of International breaks.

I have no idea how this compares to other teams, but it seems quite high. I can see why Klopp gets so frustrated with some of these matches.

All the African players got injured this time, albeit Mane’s injury was unfortunate. Mane got injured last season as well didnt he?

One of the issues of being the main star for those countries.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10365 on: October 16, 2018, 10:47:36 pm »
All the African players got injured this time, albeit Mane’s injury was unfortunate. Mane got injured last season as well didnt he?

One of the issues of being the main star for those countries.

Yeah. According to transfermarkt, he got injured on October 9th last year, which was in the middle of an international break.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10366 on: October 16, 2018, 10:50:33 pm »
Maddock’s article tonight says all the players are doubts for the weekend and are still awaiting assessments so not sure why he was claiming Salah was fine for the weekend yesterday.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10367 on: October 16, 2018, 11:20:44 pm »
Keita now, who doesn't love the international breaks.
WTF! :butt
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10368 on: October 16, 2018, 11:27:04 pm »
Why don't we all wait until the manager gives his assessment at the PC on Friday or whenever it is.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10369 on: October 16, 2018, 11:45:37 pm »
Why don't we all wait until the manager gives his assessment at the PC on Friday or whenever it is.
Good idea, since when was Maddock/Mirror reliable?

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #10370 on: October 16, 2018, 11:55:14 pm »
Good idea, since when was Maddock/Mirror reliable?
Never

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10371 on: October 17, 2018, 12:35:43 am »
Maddock’s article tonight says all the players are doubts for the weekend and are still awaiting assessments so not sure why he was claiming Salah was fine for the weekend yesterday.

Yup he's a massive contradiction. Yesterday he said all are likely to play, today they're all doubts.

But it's  nothing that we didn't know already we knew that no decision would be made on whether or not they would be ready till Friday's session

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #10372 on: October 17, 2018, 12:57:50 am »
International football should be given a rest after a summer tournament. Euro teams take a break after the Euro’s, African teams after the CoN etc. everyone after the WC. It’s simply too much football, and no one gives a shit, they’re literally literally making international football irrelevant by trying to keep it relevant.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #10373 on: October 17, 2018, 02:20:28 am »
International football should be given a rest after a summer tournament. Euro teams take a break after the Euro’s, African teams after the CoN etc. everyone after the WC. It’s simply too much football, and no one gives a shit, they’re literally literally making international football irrelevant by trying to keep it relevant.

Just take it outside the domestic season, nobody wants it there.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10374 on: October 17, 2018, 03:32:43 am »

That sounds dangerously like common sense. A better solution would be to introduce representative football by county/departement/etc. of origin. There are still plenty of Mondays and Fridays available on the calendar. Plus, what's the winter break for?

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #10375 on: October 17, 2018, 08:10:40 am »
I wonder if anyone has done an analysis of injury rates for international football vs domestic? Seems we always loose players to injury after international duty.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10376 on: October 17, 2018, 09:10:51 am »

paul joyce@_pauljoyce

Naby Keita to have scan on hamstring today as Liverpool determine full extent of injury.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #10377 on: October 17, 2018, 09:18:32 am »
I wonder if anyone has done an analysis of injury rates for international football vs domestic? Seems we always loose players to injury after international duty.

My subjective analysis

:D

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #10378 on: October 17, 2018, 09:19:16 am »
paul joyce@_pauljoyce

Naby Keita to have scan on hamstring today as Liverpool determine full extent of injury.

Oh good.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #10379 on: October 17, 2018, 09:23:34 am »
The last time I had a bruised rib, I could neither sneeze, cough, nor laugh.... Van Dijk played 3 games with a bruised rib! !!!

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #10380 on: October 17, 2018, 09:24:41 am »
The last time I had a bruised rib, I could neither sneeze, cough, nor laugh.... Van Dijk played 3 games with a bruised rib! !!!

Last time I tried to kick a football I sprained my ankle and had to lay down for a bit.

Some men are just menlier than others.
:D

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #10381 on: October 17, 2018, 09:30:59 am »
Last time I tried to kick a football I sprained my ankle and had to lay down for a bit.

Some men are just menlier than others.
This is Virgil Van Dijk

he is a monster

If Hulk Hogan legdropped him he would blink, wheras Hogan would tear a hamstring and suffer spinal damage

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #10382 on: October 17, 2018, 12:25:18 pm »
Certainly is, feel free to pull up a seat and rock back and forth with the rest of us.
;D

After an international break, always peek for this twat of a thread through my hands, hoping that it somehow won’t have been bumped. Christ on a bike, pages and pages of the frigger this time  :no

Fuck internationals and all those who arrange them! (Forever!)

Online stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10383 on: October 17, 2018, 12:47:28 pm »
Just take it outside the domestic season, nobody wants it there.

Just take it out and shoot it, more like.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #10384 on: October 17, 2018, 04:23:53 pm »
It’s simply too much football, and no one gives a shit, they’re literally literally making international football irrelevant by trying to keep it relevant.

This is definitely true this year more than ever. I watched the world cup, but once it was over I'd happily not watch any international football for 6 months or even a year. Its definitely a case of less is more with England, and it diminishes the significance of each game the more they play. Representing your country used to be an honour, with a high number of caps only being earned by the very best players. Now it seems anyone with a pulse can play.

However, in terms of injuries, the main reason we're in this position is due to having so many top quality internationals in our team. Unfortunately, International coaches and physios are rarely going to take as much care of our players as we do, and as International breaks tend to come on the back of an intense period of domestic football, injuries are even more likely during a period when players should ideally be resting.

The real question for me is - do we have similar numbers of injuries as other teams with a similar number of international players? If we do, then at least we're all in the same boat and the issue is about scheduling of matches and how much international game time is reasonable. However, if we have more injuries than most other teams, then that would point to other factors such as player fatigue (possibly due to our style and training), poor handling of our players by the countries coaches/medical staff, and a dilemma on where the power lies in deciding whether a player can play or not. A player may well be technically 'fit' to play, but if they are just off the back of club injuries (like VVD and Keita) there is a strong argument they should stay with their club unless the competitions they are called up for are of a real significance (i.e. the Euros or World cup qualifiers/matches).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 04:26:12 pm by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10385 on: October 17, 2018, 04:27:38 pm »
If you withdraw them when they are fit to play with injuries that you can manage then teams can invoke rules that suspend that player from playing for you, like Ireland have just done with Kyle Lafferty.

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #10386 on: October 17, 2018, 04:35:57 pm »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10387 on: October 17, 2018, 04:39:25 pm »
Shall we speculate about Sadio's surgery?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/321099-sadio-mane-hand-injury-update

The fact that he's not been ruled out, suggests that it's a minor injury and that he could potentially play this weekend or the following week

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #10389 on: October 17, 2018, 04:53:46 pm »

In a nutshell. They also need to take into account the fact these players are paid enormous wages by their respective clubs and whilst I am not saying that international football should be stopped, the fact is that it has to account for the numbers of games played. I personally don`t give a toss about international football, but I understand that most players do and their wish is to also play for their country. They are not going to refuse to play for their country, but then don`t make it so that they have no choice because of the sheer volume of games
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #10390 on: October 17, 2018, 05:21:30 pm »
Players are being run into the ground these days.

I don't think we helped, or our schedule helped with the run of games we had, we were spent by the City game (even Napoli) yet half the team are off on flights to the other side of the world straight away to play more games. It's hardly surprising they've picked up injuries.

Klopp's got to start rotating more and using the squad to protect players and try and keep players fresh.  The front three are out on their feet yet we've got Sturridge and Shaqiri champing at the bit.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 05:23:43 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10391 on: October 17, 2018, 05:26:48 pm »
Players are being run into the ground these days.

I don't think we helped, or our schedule helped with the run of games we had, we were spent by the City game (even Napoli) yet half the team are off on flights to the other side of the world straight away to play more games. It's hardly surprising they've picked up injuries.

Klopp's got to start rotating more and using the squad to protect players and try and keep players fresh.  The front three are out on their feet yet we've got Sturridge and Shaqiri champing at the bit.

you know what, I think he may have an idea that he'll be using more of the squad in the next run of games, he seems to have a bit of a clue about how to manage a team.

It's not his job to save them for these ridiculous and mostly needless international games.  But it was his job to try and get the best results possible with a tough run in the last few weeks, something he choose to do with the players he knows best and trusts 100%.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #10392 on: October 17, 2018, 05:35:20 pm »
This is definitely true this year more than ever. I watched the world cup, but once it was over I'd happily not watch any international football for 6 months or even a year. Its definitely a case of less is more with England, and it diminishes the significance of each game the more they play. Representing your country used to be an honour, with a high number of caps only being earned by the very best players. Now it seems anyone with a pulse can play.

However, in terms of injuries, the main reason we're in this position is due to having so many top quality internationals in our team. Unfortunately, International coaches and physios are rarely going to take as much care of our players as we do, and as International breaks tend to come on the back of an intense period of domestic football, injuries are even more likely during a period when players should ideally be resting.

The real question for me is - do we have similar numbers of injuries as other teams with a similar number of international players? If we do, then at least we're all in the same boat and the issue is about scheduling of matches and how much international game time is reasonable. However, if we have more injuries than most other teams, then that would point to other factors such as player fatigue (possibly due to our style and training), poor handling of our players by the countries coaches/medical staff, and a dilemma on where the power lies in deciding whether a player can play or not. A player may well be technically 'fit' to play, but if they are just off the back of club injuries (like VVD and Keita) there is a strong argument they should stay with their club unless the competitions they are called up for are of a real significance (i.e. the Euros or World cup qualifiers/matches).
England is probably an outlier though. In most countries the national team is very important, and players frequently change clubs in order to keep their spot. Its performances for their national team that their friends and families care about,and that can give them legend status when their careers are over.

There are simply too many games in total, and FA can't really complain since they haven't done anything from their side.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 05:37:41 pm by jepovic »

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #10393 on: October 17, 2018, 05:39:20 pm »

Absolutely. Genuinely baffled that they interrupted the league after 3 or 4 games right after the World Cup had ended. There's no easy solution here, but I sincerely doubt that the world is clamouring to watch Finland vs Serbia a month after the World Cup final. Just give it a rest for a little bit.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10394 on: October 17, 2018, 06:04:06 pm »
Does anyone know why a hand injury would keep Mane out for the Huddersfield match this weekend? I am incredibly ignorant when it comes to anything health/injury related.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #10395 on: October 17, 2018, 06:09:37 pm »
Does anyone know why a hand injury would keep Mane out for the Huddersfield match this weekend? I am incredibly ignorant when it comes to anything health/injury related.

If he needs to wear a cast to protect it then he wouldn’t be allowed to play.

If there was a big risk of damaging the hand further eg by falling on it or just running then it would be stupid to play him.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10396 on: October 17, 2018, 06:09:51 pm »

If it's required surgery it may be that a pin or screw has been inserted to help it heal. In which case there is a risk of Sadio being floored and aggravating it. I'd be surprised to see him play on Saturday

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10397 on: October 17, 2018, 06:11:52 pm »
You'd assume if it was anything like a hard cast or pin, etc. then it would just be a straight no. If it's a possibility then you'd guess it's down to pain or something along those lines.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #10398 on: October 17, 2018, 06:21:32 pm »
Wasn’t Vardy playing with some sort of cast previously?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #10399 on: October 17, 2018, 06:22:35 pm »
Wasn’t Vardy playing with some sort of cast previously?

Loads of players have played with casts in the past.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.