Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1922412 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Current injury updates? not a transfer speculation thread
« Reply #10320 on: October 16, 2018, 03:57:12 pm »
Wonder which of Fabinho, Firmino and Alisson gets injured next.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #10321 on: October 16, 2018, 03:58:28 pm »
Wonder which of Fabinho, Firmino and Alisson gets injured next.

All three and Wijnaldum in the match tonight as well.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10322 on: October 16, 2018, 03:58:34 pm »
Absolute steaming pile of total fucking horse shit joke of international fucking football. Fuck off.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #10323 on: October 16, 2018, 04:01:41 pm »
Poor management playing Friday then Tuesday with his injury v  Napoli so recent

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10324 on: October 16, 2018, 04:04:05 pm »

I can't understand why players that limp off as recently as 10 days previous go on international duty.  VVD and Keita, why oh why did they not stay at Melwood. 

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10325 on: October 16, 2018, 04:09:47 pm »
I can't understand why players that limp off as recently as 10 days previous go on international duty.  VVD and Keita, why oh why did they not stay at Melwood.

they feel obligated I guess (and of course they do want to play for their countries). They can't refuse to go, even if injured. And once there, pressure is on to play. Especially when it's the nations star players like Keita, Mane, Virgil etc.

It's farcical really though, especially for the teams in this utterly daft fake 'nations league' tournament or whatever it's called. They just want to get every ounce out of these players, and it's the club teams that suffer for it.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10326 on: October 16, 2018, 04:09:58 pm »

Because players love playing for their countries. You get the odd one who likes to duck out I'm sure but the majority see it, rightly so, as an absolute honor and they'll push themselves.
You can't blame a player for that. Its frustrating as fuck when they get injured, and even the timing of some games. As a fan I dont like international football, but if I was a player I'd love it

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #10327 on: October 16, 2018, 04:11:25 pm »
This team is fucking cursed when it comes to international duty. Klopp needs to start holding them back from meaningless friendlies anyway he can within the rules.

I also recall some people complaining that we had too many midfielders and thus it was necessary to let the likes of Gruijic go out on loan since there was no way they'd get an opportunity.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10328 on: October 16, 2018, 04:12:05 pm »
Fuck internationals. That is all.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10329 on: October 16, 2018, 04:14:04 pm »
This team is fucking cursed when it comes to international duty. Klopp needs to start holding them back from meaningless friendlies anyway he can within the rules.

I also recall some people complaining that we had too many midfielders and thus it was necessary to let the likes of Gruijic go out on loan since there was no way they'd get an opportunity.

he's injured too!

But yeah, it's so annoying. I don't always believe we get it any worse than other teams. But this set of games has been quite ridiculous. I'm glad Hendo got suspended at least, and also at least, Mo and Virgil got sent back to Melwood.  And I'm guessing Mane is now on his way back too?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10330 on: October 16, 2018, 04:14:28 pm »

If Mane and Salah are out then the only attacking sub we have is Solanke. Basically for midfield the easing of Fabinho and Lallana can forget about it as well.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10331 on: October 16, 2018, 04:14:53 pm »
:lmao

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10332 on: October 16, 2018, 04:16:47 pm »
If Mane and Salah are out then the only attacking sub we have is Solanke. Basically for midfield the easing of Fabinho and Lallana can forget about it as well.

Big Div to the rescue  ;D

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10333 on: October 16, 2018, 04:19:56 pm »
we never have it easy dont we ?

Just when we though we have a run of winnable games (comparatively to the ones we had before the break), loads of our players get injured playing for their national teams.

Is there a way to ban international games (like we banned transfers) during the season ? ...... ie... we do away with international games, the season becomes shorter by a month (by ending in April) and then those worthless international friendlies can take place from mid April to May.

NOT ROCKET SCIENCE......
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10334 on: October 16, 2018, 04:22:46 pm »
It’s fine

Mo and VVD are expected to be fine for the weekend, I’d expect Sadio will too and we don’t know much of Naby but sounds precautionary too. Rather 3 or 4 minor niggles than something serious for one player.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #10335 on: October 16, 2018, 04:32:31 pm »
I would be more concerned, although we have enough talent and depth to get through the next few weeks. Based on reports, Salah, VVD, and Milner are fit, and Mane should be back soon enough, considering it is just his hand.

Lallana has been training for awhile now. Fabinho has started to get more minutes, and we have a favorable run of fixtures coming up. Hopefully Keita will back for Arsenal.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10336 on: October 16, 2018, 04:34:10 pm »
Klopp is going to be absolutely fuming. I wouldn't be surprised if he held half (or more) the players back in the next break.

These games are competitive therefore you can't refuse to release them. If you do the player gets suspended from club duty so injury or not the club will lose them. Certain people got away with it because of their standing in the game and the friends that they had in the national associations...Plus like others have said players have a very different view point to international football than we do, they love playing for their countries and if you stop them then you'll have an issue with the player himself. It's a lose lose situation for clubs.

You have to release them to be assessed by the national FAs medical team if they are requested. Naby came on for Milner against for Guinea would be well within their rights to think he's fit to play for them and we were telling everyone that VVD just had bruised ribs, again Holland have every right to call him up and assess themselves. Unless an agreement has been made between the club and national medical teams there's literally nothing the club can do about it.

It's tricky with hamstrings..you could play at the weekend and be ok or you could end up tearing it.  If Salah does play he may even try to nurse it a bit and not overstretch which basically gives us a less effective player, so might as well rest him.  Seems the safe option and gives the barrel a run out.

There's nothing tricky about hamstring injuries, if it hurts they don't play. Simple. Zero point in risking it.

From now on at the start of international breaks, Klopp should just gather all of the internationals in a room and hold an "injury lottery". 3 unlucky names get pulled and Klopp immediately hits the 3 with a hammer. Then they just walk into the next room to see the team doctors. It will at least save travel time for the 3 poor lads.

International break injuries. Every damn time. :wanker

Not sure if joking or not but as above with the pulling players out with injuries. Then you get a whole ethical argument of a club deliberately injuring its players just to stop them playing for their country. Who would want to sign for us when that gets out? Because some pissed off national teams will definitely spill the beans.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #10337 on: October 16, 2018, 04:38:37 pm »
Can't help but laugh.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #10338 on: October 16, 2018, 04:49:59 pm »

He was stretchered off against Napoli. I know he came back to training a few days after that but he shouldn’t have even gone on international duty because he was already carrying an injury. The fact that he played both international games is even more bizarre.
YWNA

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10339 on: October 16, 2018, 04:53:36 pm »
He was stretchered off against Napoli. I know he came back to training a few days after that but he shouldn’t have even gone on international duty because he was already carrying an injury. The fact that he played both international games is even more bizarre.

He played against Man City 4 days later, you can't say he was carrying an injury

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #10340 on: October 16, 2018, 05:13:41 pm »
He played against Man City 4 days later, you can't say he was carrying an injury

But obviously not up to 2 games in 4/5 days

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10341 on: October 16, 2018, 05:14:19 pm »
You still can't pull him out and say he's injured when he's clearly not.

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #10342 on: October 16, 2018, 05:36:24 pm »
Keita thinks he's OK, but doesn't seem to know for sure how serious it is, according to a journalist in Guinea who appears to have talked to him in a car on the way to the airport.

https://twitter.com/segadiallo/status/1052222175690846208

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #10343 on: October 16, 2018, 05:52:32 pm »
Fuck me

Too much football
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10344 on: October 16, 2018, 06:18:44 pm »
Keita thinks he's OK, but doesn't seem to know for sure how serious it is, according to a journalist in Guinea who appears to have talked to him in a car on the way to the airport.

https://twitter.com/segadiallo/status/1052222175690846208

Not just any journalist but Tepid's best mate too.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #10345 on: October 16, 2018, 06:22:51 pm »

VVD has basically been playing every game and carrying an injury. You can play and still carry an injury. Aguero has been doing it all season. The injury doesn't have to be serious.
YWNA

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10346 on: October 16, 2018, 06:29:08 pm »
VVD has basically been playing every game and carrying an injury. You can play and still carry an injury. Aguero has been doing it all season. The injury doesn't have to be serious.

So there's no reason to pull him out of international duty if it isn't serious then...

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10347 on: October 16, 2018, 06:32:53 pm »
Fair play to VVD for playing with broken ribs. That is not a nice injury to be doing high intensity work on. Not that he ever seems to need to break sweat!

Saturday's team selection is going to be interesting. Thankfully Sturridge and Shaqiri looked in good nick in the opportunities they had

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10348 on: October 16, 2018, 07:07:54 pm »
Would not surprise me if Bobby, Alisson or both got injured in this game tonight.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10349 on: October 16, 2018, 07:09:04 pm »
Fair play to VVD for playing with broken ribs. That is not a nice injury to be doing high intensity work on. Not that he ever seems to need to break sweat!

Saturday's team selection is going to be interesting. Thankfully Sturridge and Shaqiri looked in good nick in the opportunities they had

Bruised ribs mate. Not broken. He wouldn't have been able to play if he'd broke his ribs.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10350 on: October 16, 2018, 07:09:35 pm »
Bruised ribs mate. Not broken. He wouldn't have been able to play if he'd broke his ribs.

Koeman said broken, maybe it was lost in translation.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10351 on: October 16, 2018, 07:14:22 pm »
Koeman said broken, maybe it was lost in translation.

VVD said bruised. Klopp said bruised. Every reliable LFC reporter said bruised. And I doubt very much he'd have been or able to play or even been risked on international duty if he had broken ribs. So yeah, I'd say something has been lost in translation there.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #10352 on: October 16, 2018, 07:43:27 pm »
Not just any journalist but Tepid's best mate too.

Drag has spoken !
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #10353 on: October 16, 2018, 07:43:57 pm »
SKY reporter says Wijnaldum isn't playing for Holland tonight, good, unless he is injured of course!
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10354 on: October 16, 2018, 07:59:26 pm »
Is this a thread where people pop in to say 'Fuck international football and everything about it forever'?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10355 on: October 16, 2018, 08:00:38 pm »
SKY reporter says Wijnaldum isn't playing for Holland tonight, good, unless he is injured of course!

He's on the bench

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #10356 on: October 16, 2018, 08:05:57 pm »
Fuck international football and everything about it!

Forever!!
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #10357 on: October 16, 2018, 08:06:40 pm »
He's on the bench

Guaranteed major artery knick-splinter injury
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #10358 on: October 16, 2018, 08:08:03 pm »
Is this a thread where people pop in to say 'Fuck international football and everything about it forever'?

Certainly is, feel free to pull up a seat and rock back and forth with the rest of us.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10359 on: October 16, 2018, 09:06:01 pm »

VVD said bruised. Klopp said bruised. Every reliable LFC reporter said bruised. And I doubt very much he'd have been or able to play or even been risked on international duty if he had broken ribs. So yeah, I'd say something has been lost in translation there.

Fair enough. I was admittedly going off Koeman's words.