Author Topic: 2018/19 TV fixtures  (Read 62054 times)

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 2018/19 TV fixtures
« Reply #80 on: September 4, 2018, 07:13:43 pm »
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-carabao-cup-fixture-15108392

City have had their game confirmed. Must be discussion on who gets the short straw between Everton and Chelsea.

Offline d_sookoo21

• Main Stander
« Reply #81 on: September 5, 2018, 10:16:51 pm »
still nothing on the chelsea game? taking their time with this one

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 6, 2018, 06:33:25 am »
Yeah but Chelsea are the Sunday as well.

Yeah, never even considered the opponents there did I  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: September 6, 2018, 08:24:23 am »
Playing two games in three days isn't quite as big an issue as gets made out. These are professional Sportsmen, who train/play almost every day of the week anyway.

But in the interests of fairness, it would make more sense for our game to be played on the Tuesday, as Chelseas two line-ups are going to be very different, whereas Everton will probably only make two or three changes for the cup match.

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #84 on: September 6, 2018, 09:29:52 am »
Either way one of the two teams aren't going to be happy, not sure why it's taking so long if there is no other alternative than to decide one of them two to play tuesday

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 6, 2018, 10:25:19 am »
Playing two games in three days isn't quite as big an issue as gets made out. These are professional Sportsmen, who train/play almost every day of the week anyway.

But in the interests of fairness, it would make more sense for our game to be played on the Tuesday, as Chelseas two line-ups are going to be very different, whereas Everton will probably only make two or three changes for the cup match.

If you’ve got the choice though, you’re gonna do the absolute maximum to try and get out of two days. Particularly Chelsea given they’ve got Thursday, Sunday and Saturday already.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 7, 2018, 12:46:45 am »
Given that the only PL tv game on Sunday 30 September is at 16:00, I think there is a very real chance that the option being favoured is to move our Saturday evening game with Chelsea to Sunday at 13:30.

For Merseyside-based fans planning to travel to the Chelsea game, that would actually be an improvement, as the game is currently scheduled to finish around 19:25 and the last train back to Liverpool leaves Euston at 20:11, which is pretty tight.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 7, 2018, 01:06:38 am »
How's that better? People have made alternative arrangements already. It's worse for everyone on every level.

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #88 on: September 7, 2018, 08:27:12 am »
Given that the only PL tv game on Sunday 30 September is at 16:00, I think there is a very real chance that the option being favoured is to move our Saturday evening game with Chelsea to Sunday at 13:30.

For Merseyside-based fans planning to travel to the Chelsea game, that would actually be an improvement, as the game is currently scheduled to finish around 19:25 and the last train back to Liverpool leaves Euston at 20:11, which is pretty tight.

That would be even worse surely, people would've already booked transport etc for that

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #89 on: September 7, 2018, 08:33:39 am »

Not a chance, the 5.30pm Saturday slot is BT Sport slot until the end of this season, BT Sport have Sunday matches when 2 other SKY matches are on, & BT Sports kickoff then is 12pm on the Sunday, that's when you have the 2.15pm & 4.30pm kickoffs, no chance BT Sport will want the match moved from 5.30pm.
#Sausages

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 7, 2018, 10:39:59 am »
Is there anywhere that shows what weekends have Monday night games? Mate in work is looking a game in Feb but isn't sure whether to gamble and book Friday to Sunday flights

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 7, 2018, 11:54:32 am »
Is there anywhere that shows what weekends have Monday night games? Mate in work is looking a game in Feb but isn't sure whether to gamble and book Friday to Sunday flights

tell him to pick a week where the following week we have a European game if he can find one (obviously depends on us qualifying)

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 7, 2018, 02:58:46 pm »
tell him to pick a week where the following week we have a European game if he can find one (obviously depends on us qualifying)

Quite a lot of my mates are women

:P

Good shout though. It's the Bournemouth game in Feb she's going to and there's Champions League games either side of it.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 7, 2018, 03:11:58 pm »
:P

Good shout though. It's the Bournemouth game in Feb she's going to and there's Champions League games either side of it.

There's no CL the week before it but the first leg of the last 16 could be on the Tuesday or Wednesday after it. The TV fixtures for February league games is due to be announced by 12 December but the CL draw isn't until 17th December. I wouldn't imagine they will move the Bournemouth game to the Monday, just in case we are due to play CL last 16 that midweek.

She would still be taking a risk booking anything now, particularly if we don't qualify from the CL group.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 7, 2018, 03:26:33 pm »
Joke how long this League Cup game is taking to confirm

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 7, 2018, 03:35:26 pm »
There's no CL the week before it but the first leg of the last 16 could be on the Tuesday or Wednesday after it. The TV fixtures for February league games is due to be announced by 12 December but the CL draw isn't until 17th December. I wouldn't imagine they will move the Bournemouth game to the Monday, just in case we are due to play CL last 16 that midweek.

She would still be taking a risk booking anything now, particularly if we don't qualify from the CL group.

There's games on 5th and 6th Feb according to wiki

Sorry, you're correct. It's 5th and 6th March I was looking at  ::)
« Last Edit: September 7, 2018, 03:38:13 pm by Barneylfc »

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #96 on: September 7, 2018, 06:05:48 pm »
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/09/07/everton-liverpool-third-round-carabao-cup-tie-dates-uncertain/

Info we pretty much already know. Surely the clubs know by now though. You’d wonder what the delay is. What is being discussed now that wasn’t a week ago.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 7, 2018, 06:16:50 pm »
Well tbf, we've been coming up with suggestions for all that time as well, none of which have been deemed feasible.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #98 on: September 9, 2018, 10:47:51 am »
League Cup Payment information on the website has been updated saying payments will start to be processed from tomorrow despite originally saying last Thursday.. possible indication that we finally learn the date tomorrow?
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #99 on: September 9, 2018, 01:13:24 pm »
Hey guys,
First of all excuse me for my english because am not from the UK but from The Netherlands. I didn't know where to post this or even make a topic because i am not an active user who post all the times so i though i will just post it here. I've been a supporter for a very long time but i've never been to a liverpool match in Anfield before. So i though this year will be finally the year i want to go. I am not a membership card holder nor a season ticket holder. Its my first time trying to buy a match ticket for Liverpool

I am trying to go to a match between the 15th of December and 30th December. So its likely the Manchester United game at Anfield or the Arsenal game. I would really appreciate it if someone can tell me how to purchase a match ticket. Do you recommend buying from the official website ? Or can i buy a ticket here from the forum because i read something about exchanging tickets ?

If u can't answer my question can u please tell me where i should post this or get this information.

Thanks in advance :)

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 9, 2018, 04:38:22 pm »
Hey guys,
First of all excuse me for my english because am not from the UK but from The Netherlands. I didn't know where to post this or even make a topic because i am not an active user who post all the times so i though i will just post it here. I've been a supporter for a very long time but i've never been to a liverpool match in Anfield before. So i though this year will be finally the year i want to go. I am not a membership card holder nor a season ticket holder. Its my first time trying to buy a match ticket for Liverpool

I am trying to go to a match between the 15th of December and 30th December. So its likely the Manchester United game at Anfield or the Arsenal game. I would really appreciate it if someone can tell me how to purchase a match ticket. Do you recommend buying from the official website ? Or can i buy a ticket here from the forum because i read something about exchanging tickets ?

If u can't answer my question can u please tell me where i should post this or get this information.

Thanks in advance :)

You can get a ticket for Newcastle or Arsenal here
https://hospitality.liverpoolfc.com/fixtures

Overpriced but through the club and guaranteed and you'll geta meal etc.

Man Utd hospitality is totally sold out and you're very unlikely to come across a spare. You won't be able to buy a normal match ticket from the club with no previous attendance

Also the Arsenal game may move from the 29th December due to TV so if you're only in the country between those 2 dates you really need to consider Newcastle

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #101 on: September 9, 2018, 09:43:55 pm »
Oh, we haven't had one of these "let's pretend I'm a foreigner and ask for tickets for one of the biggest match of the season" posts for quite a while.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 9, 2018, 09:46:08 pm »
Oh, we haven't had one of these "let's pretend I'm a foreigner and ask for tickets for one of the biggest match of the season" posts for quite a while.

To be fair, he's been here six years.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 9, 2018, 10:20:17 pm »

Do people actually pretend or is that a wild assumption ???

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 9, 2018, 10:25:19 pm »
Do people actually pretend or is that a wild assumption ???

He's half Dutch, half Egyptian  ;D

Can i just say as an egyptian that am sooo prouddd of him. He is the only thing right now that actually makes the entire country happy

Hey guys,
First of all excuse me for my english because am not from the UK but from The Netherlands.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: September 9, 2018, 10:44:20 pm »
Hahahahha

Make your mind up mate!

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #106 on: September 9, 2018, 11:14:50 pm »
Lol is it strange for someone who wants to go to a match against Manchester United while its my first game at Anfield ?.

oh yeah and just to clear things up. My parents are from Egypt and i was born in The Netherlands and i live in the Netherlands. So if u guys want to ask any question feel free :)

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #107 on: September 9, 2018, 11:16:38 pm »

Man Utd hospitality is totally sold out and you're very unlikely to come across a spare. You won't be able to buy a normal match ticket from the club with no previous attendance

Also the Arsenal game may move from the 29th December due to TV so if you're only in the country between those 2 dates you really need to consider Newcastle
Thank you :)

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2018, 04:30:35 pm »
Any idea when Decemeber's TV games are announced?

Offline SDFKOP

• Main Stander
  • We've conquered all of Europe...
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2018, 04:43:58 pm »
Any idea when Decemeber's TV games are announced?

12th October-ish

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2018, 09:52:41 pm »
Is it this year that Friday night games are going to be introduced? If so, how many are expected each season?

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2018, 10:19:58 pm »
Is it this year that Friday night games are going to be introduced? If so, how many are expected each season?
They started 2 seasons ago, we’ve had 1 per season, a 2-1 win away to Chelsea and a 3-3 draw away to Arsenal.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #112 on: October 1, 2018, 05:57:35 pm »

I think i will go to the Newcastle game. Is it possible to get 3 tickets from the official website or does it have to be a hospitality ticket ??

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 8, 2018, 08:54:30 am »
Read a rumour Twitter manc game is at 20.00 on the Monday.

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: October 8, 2018, 09:40:06 am »
Read a rumour Twitter manc game is at 20.00 on the Monday.

That would probably suit us better than a midday kick off

We expecting the fixtures update this week?

Online swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 8, 2018, 10:06:18 am »

Friday I think

Offline tarentheara

• Main Stander
« Reply #116 on: October 8, 2018, 10:12:08 am »

Seen the tweets that utd is Monday night and ev is 12.30 saturday

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: October 8, 2018, 03:37:32 pm »
Friday I think

Yeah, it's Friday they are being released.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #118 on: October 8, 2018, 05:32:00 pm »
Liverpool v Everton - 12.30pm, Saturday 1st December

Liverpool v Man Utd - 8pm, Monday 17th December

Liverpool v Newcastle - 8pm, Thursday 27th December

Liverpool v Arsenal - 4pm, Sunday 30th December

City vs Liverpool 8pm weds 3rd jan

Twitter rumours although the Wednesday is 2nd January..
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 8, 2018, 05:34:41 pm »
Hopefully that's not true.