Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 754666 times)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #520 on: December 17, 2017, 08:31:20 pm »
After that interview, he's my favorite Liverpool player. He showed potential for armband.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #521 on: December 17, 2017, 08:31:32 pm »
He definitely seems to have settled in now. Another quality performance and that post-match interjection was class

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: December 17, 2017, 08:35:22 pm »
Much improved recently. He looks like he's making the adjustments to fit into our team now. Still think he needs to get a little leaner to gain that little bit of explosive speed off a standing start, which will allow him to beat players better and make him an even more effective player.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #523 on: December 17, 2017, 08:36:42 pm »
I remember seeing him putting in a similar performance for Arsenal last year (think it was against City) where he was in the middle and really bossed it. The next week he was on the bench, which surmised his Arsenal career. Their loss is definitely our gain. I knew he'd develop into the player we witnessed tonight and still, he has plenty of improvement to reach his potential. It was always going to take time, but like Robertson, training and attention to detail are two great hallmarks for Jurgen Klopp and now it seems he has fully trust in both the aforesaid players.

Think it's going to be difficult to leave the lad out for the trip to the Emirates. Can even see him doing a job in Gini's position, all told. We shall see.

As for the post-match interview. Really good stuff from the lad. He's well spoken and seems like a good mixer in the group. The type of person we want around the club.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: December 17, 2017, 08:37:44 pm »
Our next captain

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #525 on: December 17, 2017, 08:45:12 pm »
Our next captain

Could be, good shout. Hasn't had too many injury concerns yet either. Wonder if it is all Arsenal

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: December 17, 2017, 08:48:32 pm »
He does have captain material in him, I do think that he will play a big part this season and in years to come.

Will be interesting to see if he plays against Arsenal [after what Klopp said in regards to Moreno playing against Sevilla].

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: December 17, 2017, 08:49:32 pm »
But he cost a lot of money.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #528 on: December 17, 2017, 08:52:35 pm »
He does have captain material in him, I do think that he will play a big part this season and in years to come.

Will be interesting to see if he plays against Arsenal [after what Klopp said in regards to Moreno playing against Sevilla].

I'd prefer him over Can

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: December 17, 2017, 08:54:01 pm »
Just having seen his interview, I think that was brilliant from him to take the pressure off Coutinho the way he did. Very very well done.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: December 17, 2017, 08:57:57 pm »
Just back in, and catching up on everything. Linkage to this interview?
@Yvanicuzz

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: December 17, 2017, 08:58:38 pm »
Just back in, and catching up on everything. Linkage to this interview?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7MgfnAWzO0

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: December 17, 2017, 08:58:51 pm »
Much improved recently. He looks like he's making the adjustments to fit into our team now. Still think he needs to get a little leaner to gain that little bit of explosive speed off a standing start, which will allow him to beat players better and make him an even more effective player.
leaner?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbpg_EuHUFt/

Doubt his body fat is more than 7% from that pic from a few weeks back

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #533 on: December 17, 2017, 08:59:13 pm »
Just having seen his interview, I think that was brilliant from him to take the pressure off Coutinho the way he did. Very very well done.
Top class from Ox there
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: December 17, 2017, 09:03:14 pm »
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: December 17, 2017, 09:04:15 pm »
Our next captain

FFS, one good game and he’s captain material?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: December 17, 2017, 09:05:22 pm »
leaner?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbpg_EuHUFt/

Doubt his body fat is more than 7% from that pic from a few weeks back

It's not just body fat though. Klopp made an interesting point about Joe Gomez earlier about how he was a bit too muscular. To me, Ox looks similar to some extent. That's of course his body type, but I think if he carries a little less muscle, he might become more agile and quicker overall due to less burnout. That said, he already looks much leaner than he was at the start of the season which is understandable I guess. One or two of the Spurs players have said similar about how they went into the club thinking they had a really low body fat percentage until Pochettino got his hands on them and they ended up cutting even more to improve their agility and speed.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: December 17, 2017, 09:09:07 pm »
I think it's the interview that people are reacting to.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: December 17, 2017, 09:09:24 pm »
Our next captain because he helped Coutinho in an interview? Fuck me!

Great game from the lad today. Worked his arse off, created chances and looks to have improved since leaving Arsenal too. Well worthy of the MOTM accolade.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: December 17, 2017, 09:16:50 pm »

Nothing to do with that, I just like everything about him. His attitude is brilliant, he leads from the front, and he's a brilliant player.

He took a pay cut to come and play for this club because he believes in what we're building here, and I wouldn't mind a captain who has this mindset. (Helps that he's an LFC fan too!)

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #541 on: December 17, 2017, 09:19:45 pm »
(Helps that he's an LFC fan too!)

I remember reading before he went to Arsenal that we were leading the race for him because he wanted to come here because he was a Liverpool fan growing up. I'd forgot about that until you just mentioned it.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: December 17, 2017, 09:20:47 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7MgfnAWzO0

Love that. Affable and polite but basically telling the interviewer to fuck off.

The "well said" at the end is brilliant.  Ox has essentially said the question, and by extension the person asking it, was a load of shite and the bloke interviewing him ended the conversation by agreeing. Ha!  ;D

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #543 on: December 17, 2017, 09:23:01 pm »
Most are saying that in relation to how he conducted himself in defending Phil.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: December 17, 2017, 09:24:43 pm »
Good lad. I really like him as a player, and from the start you could see why Klopp thought he'd be a good player to have in the squad. I think he offers something completely different to our other midfield options, and we look a better team with him in there. I think he's a Klopp player. Both for his attitude and because he has the attributes to be a regular in this team. More of the same, please!
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #545 on: December 17, 2017, 09:25:53 pm »

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #546 on: December 17, 2017, 09:27:32 pm »
Today is the day that he won over a fanbase.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #547 on: December 17, 2017, 09:30:59 pm »
Love that. Affable and polite but basically telling the interviewer to fuck off.

The "well said" at the end is brilliant.  Ox has essentially said the question, and by extension the person asking it, was a load of shite and the bloke interviewing him ended the conversation by agreeing. Ha!  ;D

;D

That was awesome by Alex

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: December 17, 2017, 09:32:11 pm »
Nothing to do with that, I just like everything about him. His attitude is brilliant, he leads from the front, and he's a brilliant player.

He took a pay cut to come and play for this club because he believes in what we're building here, and I wouldn't mind a captain who has this mindset. (Helps that he's an LFC fan too!)

So you want him to be captain because he took a pay cut and he behaves? ;D

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: December 17, 2017, 09:33:13 pm »
Today is the day that he won over a fanbase.

He'll win me over for sure if he keeps doing that and remains injury free for prolonged periods.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: December 17, 2017, 09:35:44 pm »
So you want him to be captain because he took a pay cut and he behaves? ;D

I honestly don't get how you can read what I posted and come up with that.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: December 17, 2017, 09:42:01 pm »

Its not the good game, its because he quite clearly is an intelligent and articulate lad, who showed very good judgement in the interview. I don't think he will be the next captain or even that we can ascertain whether he possesses the rest of qualities required to be a captain*, but in the brief insight we did get, he acted in an exemplary fashion.

*One of the reasons why it pisses me off when people say Hendo isn't a good captain. Like fuck if you know half of what you need to know to determine that. Klopp and Rodgers thought he was, and that should be good enough for you, as it is impossible for us to know otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:43:59 pm by CowboyKangaroo »
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #552 on: December 17, 2017, 09:42:10 pm »
I honestly don't get how you can read what I posted and come up with that.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #553 on: December 17, 2017, 09:47:29 pm »
Cracking player

Quite a few people are gonna end up with egg on their faces over this lad, far too many made a judgement before he’d even signed for us.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #554 on: December 17, 2017, 09:57:06 pm »
He's a lovely lad. Came across brilliantly.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: December 17, 2017, 10:00:35 pm »
Very good today, he’s becoming better and better each game. We still have some problems in midfield, but if Oxlade’s form continues to improve and now that Lallana is fit again, it’s looking much better for the second half of the season.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: December 17, 2017, 10:18:52 pm »
Cracking player

Quite a few people are gonna end up with egg on their faces over this lad, far too many made a judgement before he’d even signed for us.

How many times do we say this? Just proves there’s a lot of people out there who know fuck all. Off the top of my head I remember a lot of people questioning the signings of Salah, Mane, Lallana, Sturridge and Coutinho. Just goes to show that you should give a player a chance before writing him off.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #557 on: December 17, 2017, 10:23:45 pm »
How many times do we say this? Just proves there’s a lot of people out there who know fuck all. Off the top of my head I remember a lot of people questioning the signings of Salah, Mane, Lallana, Sturridge and Coutinho. Just goes to show that you should give a player a chance before writing him off.

Yeah there’s always gonna be people questioning a signing, but honestly never seen anything like it was this summer with Oxlade.

He seemed to get tarred with a ridiculous ‘we need a CB and he’s not a CB so must automatically be a shit signing’ brush.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: December 17, 2017, 10:36:00 pm »
Looks fit now. Reckon Klopp has put him through his paces. From what I'm led to believe Arsenals pre season is mainly based around plaiting each others hair and pillow fights.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #559 on: December 17, 2017, 10:41:42 pm »
Looks fit now. Reckon Klopp has put him through his paces. From what I'm led to believe Arsenals pre season is mainly based around plaiting each others hair and pillow fights.

I thought today that he looks like he's lost some of that muscle. He looked like a damn cartoon character at Arsenal!  He looks like a proper lean player now.

He's good! Like him a lot, and it's cool seeing him improving game by game as he gets more used to his team-mates and new coaching and training methods.