Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 429575 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Takumi Minamino
« Reply #3240 on: January 17, 2022, 09:17:19 pm »
From Klopp himself...

If Klopp had wanted to start him against Brentford then he could have taken him off against Arsenal, like he did with Fabinho.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3241 on: January 17, 2022, 10:09:39 pm »
If Klopp had wanted to start him against Brentford then he could have taken him off against Arsenal, like he did with Fabinho.

:lmao

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3242 on: January 17, 2022, 11:13:44 pm »
The negativity is because with Salah, Mane, Origi, Elliott, Keita and Thiago unavailable, one of our attackers isn't deemed good enough to start at home to Brentford. Instead, we played a midfield player in the front three.

We need better options upfront especially in terms of pace.

Wasn't the Arsenal game his first game back after a few weeks out with injury/covid? He played the full 90. The boss said he was left out of the Brentford starting line up for that reason. Probably sports science dictated he came off the bench for this one. Nothing to see there, Al. You make it sound like he was dropped when that was palpably not the case. Unless Jurgen is blagging us?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3243 on: January 17, 2022, 11:26:52 pm »

It's called managing a rather depleted squad, Al. It's seems clear he's got Taki earmarked for the 2nd leg, yes? Plays the full game against Arsenal, lovely little confidence booster off the bench inbetween the Emirates on Thursday. Say what you want abah the fellah, he's a pretty important squad player as we battle on four fronts. So what he's not 1st choice in the Prem? Pretty fucking few of them are, but he's nailed on for the Carabao and we wouldn't be still in it if it wasn't for Taki. Do you want a bit of silverware this season or what?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3244 on: January 18, 2022, 08:22:08 am »
Wasn't the Arsenal game his first game back after a few weeks out with injury/covid? He played the full 90. The boss said he was left out of the Brentford starting line up for that reason. Probably sports science dictated he came off the bench for this one. Nothing to see there, Al. You make it sound like he was dropped when that was palpably not the case. Unless Jurgen is blagging us?

Tbf the other lads with Covid struggled after coming back, Trent had a shocker and it took Fabinho a couple of games to get going again. Even Robbo after a suspension.

Thursday is make or break for him. This is the game he needs to step up.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3245 on: January 18, 2022, 10:37:42 am »
Tbf the other lads with Covid struggled after coming back, Trent had a shocker and it took Fabinho a couple of games to get going again. Even Robbo after a suspension.

Not sure it's such a sudden death evaluation on players. I think he actually looked the brightest of a bad bunch against Arsenal but that was a horrible miss. Overall I thought that his performances have improved since his first game for us, and though there is still much improvements to go, at least the progress is in the right direction. I think he needs to show that further progress has been made in this game, but it's not a do or die thing I suspect.

There are plenty of other players who have been consistently average and not really shown much progress that we don't apply this kind of ultimatum for, so why is it reasonable to then apply it Minamino?

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3246 on: January 18, 2022, 11:18:12 am »
Personally, I think we would be better offloading both Taki and Origi and looking for a pacey forward who fits our system.

I'd rather Taki than Traore who has an abundance of pace for example. Maybe we go down the Aaron Lennon route....Ibe was pretty quick too...

You need to be intelligent and have a high level of technical ability to utilise pace effectively. If Taki was particularly quick, he'd likely be an incredibly well sought after player at the highest level.

I think the task of replacing Origi and Taki with a player who is not only a smart player with a high level of technical ability but is also comparably quick with Mo and Mane is unrealistic. Especially when they will likely spend more time on the bench than on the pitch most games.

I believe that type of player would cost an awful lot of money to acquire with no guarantee they would be productive. I look at Pepe at Arsenal and alarm bells ring loudly in my ear.

Taki is doing perfectly acceptable...even if he doesn't replicate the role Sadio or Mo have in our obvious first team. I'd actually argue that perhaps it is the management team that have to adjust our approach a little when those players are missing to make the most of the player that are available and change the system ever so slightly to get the best from different players on the pitch.

Offline Topwings!

• Main Stander
« Reply #3247 on: January 18, 2022, 01:02:54 pm »
Can't wait for the Taki Taka football!

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3248 on: January 19, 2022, 02:10:24 am »

How many players come back and play the full 90.

You only play the full 90 if you are unlikely to start the next game. Likewise, Ox was rested against Arsenal and then brought on because he was likely to start against Brentford.

So it was a conscious decision.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3249 on: January 19, 2022, 02:19:43 am »
I'd rather Taki than Traore who has an abundance of pace for example. Maybe we go down the Aaron Lennon route....Ibe was pretty quick too...

You need to be intelligent and have a high level of technical ability to utilise pace effectively. If Taki was particularly quick, he'd likely be an incredibly well sought after player at the highest level.

I think the task of replacing Origi and Taki with a player who is not only a smart player with a high level of technical ability but is also comparably quick with Mo and Mane is unrealistic. Especially when they will likely spend more time on the bench than on the pitch most games.

I believe that type of player would cost an awful lot of money to acquire with no guarantee they would be productive. I look at Pepe at Arsenal and alarm bells ring loudly in my ear.

Taki is doing perfectly acceptable...even if he doesn't replicate the role Sadio or Mo have in our obvious first team. I'd actually argue that perhaps it is the management team that have to adjust our approach a little when those players are missing to make the most of the player that are available and change the system ever so slightly to get the best from different players on the pitch.

As a bench option, I would take a Traore or a Saint-Maximin type player over Taki every day of the week.

As for your second point, that is where it becomes incredibly frustrating. Wanting Klopp to change our approach to fit Taki. That is a bit like the idiots who wanted us to play a lower defensive line to accommodate Phillips. The same people who were telling us Phillips was worth £25m.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3250 on: January 19, 2022, 02:44:39 am »
As a bench option, I would take a Traore or a Saint-Maximin type player over Taki every day of the week.

As for your second point, that is where it becomes incredibly frustrating. Wanting Klopp to change our approach to fit Taki. That is a bit like the idiots who wanted us to play a lower defensive line to accommodate Phillips. The same people who were telling us Phillips was worth £25m.
Traore is  a terrible fit for a team team that tries to break down low blocks. Same with Saint-Maximum.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3251 on: January 19, 2022, 02:56:17 am »

Spot on. Taki starts on Thursday. Nailed on

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3252 on: January 19, 2022, 02:56:46 am »
Traore is  a terrible fit for a team team that tries to break down low blocks. Same with Saint-Maximum.

They both draw opposition players in and then allow for quick switches of play.  I would have either against a tiring defence.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3253 on: January 19, 2022, 02:58:54 am »
Spot on. Taki starts on Thursday. Nailed on

Taki has played every minute of every EFL Cup game, he has played 56 minutes in the League, if fit of course he starts on Thursday.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3254 on: January 19, 2022, 03:44:50 am »
They both draw opposition players in and then allow for quick switches of play.  I would have either against a tiring defence.
They are both guys that just dribble and do it well in space, Playing in tight spaces and attacking a low block is not either strengths. Taki skills set of finding space in the box and playing 1-2 is much better suited for a facing a low block.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3255 on: January 19, 2022, 04:18:39 am »
They are both guys that just dribble and do it well in space, Playing in tight spaces and attacking a low block is not either strengths. Taki skills set of finding space in the box and playing 1-2 is much better suited for a facing a low block.

We are crying out for players that dribble. Look how effective Matip is when he giraffes through the lines. Players that dribble, draw defenders in and create overloads. That is exactly what you need when you have Trent who is probably the elite player on the planet in terms of switches.

Breaking down a low block is difficult and it rarely happens. What usually happens is that the top teams take advantage of the turnovers. That is when players with real pace take advantage.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3256 on: January 19, 2022, 04:56:39 am »
We are crying out for players that dribble. Look how effective Matip is when he giraffes through the lines. Players that dribble, draw defenders in and create overloads. That is exactly what you need when you have Trent who is probably the elite player on the planet in terms of switches.

Breaking down a low block is difficult and it rarely happens. What usually happens is that the top teams take advantage of the turnovers. That is when players with real pace take advantage.
You need players who are good at dribbling in small spaces. Traore is not that guy. Also Taki has the same number number of league goals too as Traore

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3257 on: January 19, 2022, 05:12:28 am »
You need players who are good at dribbling in small spaces. Traore is not that guy. Also Taki has the same number number of league goals too as Traore

Teams that rely on overwhelming possession need players that are good at dribbling in small spaces. Counter pressing teams need explosive players. Players who can make the difference during the transitions.

Taki can't do either. He is neither a dribbler or a player who can make the difference during transitions.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3258 on: January 19, 2022, 05:13:42 am »

Not sure what the hype about Traore is. He has 22 appearances and a solitary goal. He is a one trick pony in that he is just rapid, but other than that, he doesn't have any outstanding qualities and I don't think is anywhere near good enough for a title challenging team. In 4 seasons, he has returned 11 goals (153 appearances 11 goals, or 1 goal every 13-14 games). I have seen nothing from his play that suggests he will suddenly score plenty of goal or create plenty of goals for us here. At least with Saint Maximin you could say that he's being playing with a team that should've been relegated multiple times, but I don't reckon either are good enough for us.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3259 on: January 19, 2022, 06:55:34 am »
Not sure what the hype about Traore is. He has 22 appearances and a solitary goal. He is a one trick pony in that he is just rapid, but other than that, he doesn't have any outstanding qualities and I don't think is anywhere near good enough for a title challenging team. In 4 seasons, he has returned 11 goals (153 appearances 11 goals, or 1 goal every 13-14 games). I have seen nothing from his play that suggests he will suddenly score plenty of goal or create plenty of goals for us here. At least with Saint Maximin you could say that he's being playing with a team that should've been relegated multiple times, but I don't reckon either are good enough for us.
Traoré thrives when he has space and he won't get that here while ASM can play in tight spaces but would need to adapt because he tends to hold on to it too long.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3260 on: January 19, 2022, 08:10:58 am »
Traoré thrives when he has space and he won't get that here while ASM can play in tight spaces but would need to adapt because he tends to hold on to it too long.
Traore is good for the race courses.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3261 on: January 19, 2022, 09:09:46 pm »
How many players come back and play the full 90.

You only play the full 90 if you are unlikely to start the next game. Likewise, Ox was rested against Arsenal and then brought on because he was likely to start against Brentford.

So it was a conscious decision.

Correct. Listen up, Al, Taki Minamino is a perfect member of a squad battling on 4 fronts. Versatile, patient, not a peep out of him in Japenese press, he's fine for us

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #3262 on: January 20, 2022, 09:45:56 pm »
Thought Taki looked great tonight.  Basically he battled like it was a semi final. Which is all we can ask of him.
Lovely - Well done - loved it.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3263 on: January 20, 2022, 09:47:22 pm »
Decent performance by TakiLad.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3264 on: January 20, 2022, 09:47:59 pm »
Good cameo.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #3265 on: January 20, 2022, 09:50:15 pm »
He ran a lot when he came on and put in a shift. Could have cost us huge tho where he failed to pass it to Bobby who had loads of space in the box to shoot.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #3266 on: January 20, 2022, 09:53:14 pm »
Yeah he did really well, actually held up the ball really well.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3267 on: January 20, 2022, 10:01:56 pm »
Played way too narrow when he came on, which he tends to do. Gives us no width and cramps the full backs. In the two games versus Arsenal, we brought Jones on in the first game and Neco in the second to basically give us some width.

Decent player, but simply doesn't fit with how we play.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3268 on: January 20, 2022, 10:03:42 pm »
Played way too narrow when he came on, which he tends to do. Gives us no width and cramps the full backs. In the two games versus Arsenal, we brought Jones on in the first game and Neco in the second to basically give us some width.

Come on mate! We just got to a final.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3269 on: January 20, 2022, 10:07:34 pm »

So, so odd.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3270 on: January 20, 2022, 10:07:51 pm »

:lmao

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #3271 on: January 20, 2022, 10:09:54 pm »

C’mon - enjoy the win. Taki was solid/good. Have a beer and just enjoy.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3272 on: January 20, 2022, 10:10:10 pm »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #3273 on: January 20, 2022, 10:10:35 pm »

I could've given you a pass for all the other criticism you levelled at him prior to this. But I can't take you seriously after this.

Your agenda and bias is very clear for all to see.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3274 on: January 20, 2022, 10:11:57 pm »
I've stayed away from this thread as I know it's dogged by weirdos with agendas. But wait, I thought, we've just got to a Cup Final and Taki played his part, running, defending, holding the ball up, winning crucial free kicks to use up time... surely today will be a happy day in the miserable negativity thread?

Oh.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3275 on: January 20, 2022, 10:12:53 pm »

If you didn't think he did well today then this thread probably isn't for you.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3276 on: January 20, 2022, 10:15:14 pm »
I've stayed away from this thread as I know it's dogged by weirdos with agendas. But wait, I thought, we've just got to a Cup Final and Taki played his part, running, defending, holding the ball up, winning crucial free kicks to use up time... surely today will be a happy day in the miserable negativity thread?

Oh.

Not starting, when we had Salah, Mane, Origi, Keita, Elliot and Ox missing.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3277 on: January 20, 2022, 10:16:47 pm »
Give it a fucking rest Al, we’ve just reached a final.

Classless.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3278 on: January 20, 2022, 10:18:50 pm »
If you didn't think he did well today then this thread probably isn't for you.

Maybe some people need to stop kidding themselves. Taki has a great attitude, is clearly likeable but miles away from being good enough for us. This was supposed to be the time when showed up and showed us his worth.

How many players need to be out before he starts games for us ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3279 on: January 20, 2022, 10:20:46 pm »

If he's playing narrow, can't the full backs go outside him?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.