Author Topic: Diogo Jota (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva)  (Read 545528 times)

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
Re: Welcome Diogo Jota
« Reply #4320 on: May 1, 2023, 05:40:23 pm »
Dont disagree.

And also with Rob. Mané had eyes on the ball the whole time. Why should he expect the opposition keeper to be twenty yards outside his box. Reckless from Ederson but I guess when you’re that ugly you have less fear of the consequences. In fact that applies to Skipp too.
[/b]
 :lmao
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4321 on: May 1, 2023, 05:45:48 pm »
Kind of disappointed, missed the game, came into this thread looking for some Jota joy that I’ve been warming to the last few weeks. Instead I am being taught how to kick people in the face, just enough to draw blood and not draw a red card.

Could be useful next time I venture out of my neighbourhood.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4322 on: May 1, 2023, 05:51:18 pm »
Dont disagree.

And also with Rob. Mané had eyes on the ball the whole time. Why should he expect the opposition keeper to be twenty yards outside his box. Reckless from Ederson but I guess when you’re that ugly you have less fear of the consequences. In fact that applies to Skipp too.

;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4323 on: May 2, 2023, 09:36:42 am »
Even if you take the time he scored and the way the game developed out of the conversation it was such a brilliant goal.

Jota being so two footed makes him such a dangerous forward. He had three touches of the ball for his goal and all of them were with his supposed weaker foot. Many others would have tried to bring the ball to their favoured side but his first and second touch kept it away from the defender, and then had the composure to drill the ball perfectly in the corner.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #4324 on: May 2, 2023, 12:21:34 pm »
Jota

A bird of prey, formerly from Portugal but now found mainly in Liverpool.
Bright red plumage.
Soars high and swoops down on pigeons ripping their hearts out.
#JFT97

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4325 on: May 2, 2023, 12:31:14 pm »
Even if you take the time he scored and the way the game developed out of the conversation it was such a brilliant goal.

Jota being so two footed makes him such a dangerous forward. He had three touches of the ball for his goal and all of them were with his supposed weaker foot. Many others would have tried to bring the ball to their favoured side but his first and second touch kept it away from the defender, and then had the composure to drill the ball perfectly in the corner.

Every angle.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/every-angle-diogo-jotas-kop-winner-against-tottenham
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4326 on: May 2, 2023, 02:47:25 pm »
The best angles are the ones that show Richie la holding his head in disbelief and misery, muttering "Everton, that" to himself
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4327 on: May 2, 2023, 03:38:54 pm »
Jota a bit of a doubt for tomorrow after getting hammered in the back on Sunday.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4328 on: May 2, 2023, 03:43:36 pm »
Jota a bit of a doubt for tomorrow after getting hammered in the back on Sunday.

Taking the next Robbie Fowler thing a bit too seriously.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #4329 on: May 2, 2023, 05:00:34 pm »

Thought it was a bad foot after he booted Skipp in the head.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4330 on: May 2, 2023, 05:12:58 pm »
Thought it was a bad foot after he booted Skipp in the head.
No, it's his back. He overstretched it with that challenge.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #4331 on: May 2, 2023, 06:01:17 pm »
Jota's back.

Look who' back, back again...
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4332 on: May 2, 2023, 08:19:24 pm »

Yeah, had to take it on his left and managed to finish it perfectly. Also loved the the ball hitting the inside of the next and rolling upwards to the roof, goals always look better like that.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4333 on: May 2, 2023, 09:01:16 pm »
Yeah, had to take it on his left and managed to finish it perfectly. Also loved the the ball hitting the inside of the next and rolling upwards to the roof, goals always look better like that.
and to beat one of the biggest keepers in the league who, for a change, was positioned perfectly.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4334 on: May 28, 2023, 10:41:12 pm »
A really strong finish to the season for Diogo following several months of fitness frustration. Braces against Leeds, Forest and Southampton, as well as a finish of immense composure against Tottenham. I make that 7 goals in 9 Premier League games to close the season, and that's without taking into account how many of those final 9 games he actually played in. Should put him in good stead going forward.

Just hope he stays fit next season, his goals could be crucial in us finding our way back up the table.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4335 on: July 20, 2023, 05:32:24 am »
Bump …

First pre-season game and already looking sharp, fit and ready. Hoping that he stays injury free. A fully fit and in his best form Jota will be absolutely brilliant for us
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4336 on: July 20, 2023, 06:38:53 am »
If Diogoal had returned to action a little earlier last season, we would have made top four.  If he stays fit for entire season, we will be in the title race.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4337 on: July 20, 2023, 06:47:59 am »
Our most clinical finisher, needs to stay fit.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #4338 on: July 20, 2023, 09:21:15 am »
He's going to make it hard for Nunez to get into the team, the fight to get into our forward line is going to be interesting next season.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #4339 on: July 20, 2023, 09:39:43 am »
What a player.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4340 on: July 20, 2023, 09:57:10 am »
Should he start through the middle, and should we drop the false 9 thing and play Gakpo in the left if so?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4341 on: July 20, 2023, 10:00:02 am »
Think he's a better option than Diaz on the left at the moment.  Wouldn't move Gakpo from the middle.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #4342 on: July 20, 2023, 10:01:18 am »
Our attacking options are the best in the league.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #4343 on: July 20, 2023, 10:49:09 am »
Jotas eyes lit up when asked about Macallisters through ball. Our attackers are finally gonna be getting some easy goals this year...

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4344 on: July 20, 2023, 10:59:26 am »
He will bang them in this season.

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4345 on: July 24, 2023, 09:43:21 am »
If he stays fit I think hes going to be the first name on the team sheet in those forward places. Expecting a big season for him.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4346 on: August 5, 2023, 10:46:56 pm »
Expecting a massive season from him if he can stay fit. Not sure he gets the recognition he deserves from some quarters.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4347 on: August 5, 2023, 11:40:01 pm »
I've been guilty of that  - he's not the biggest, fastest or fanciest so I always had him as a squad option, but this year he's a first choice for me: Jo, Mo and 'po.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4348 on: August 6, 2023, 09:38:42 am »
Sublime player, what do you guys think is his best position? He's pretty versatile and I actually think he's two footed enough that we could use him on the right if ever needed

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4349 on: August 6, 2023, 11:12:42 am »
Sublime player, what do you guys think is his best position? He's pretty versatile and I actually think he's two footed enough that we could use him on the right if ever needed

Off the left with licence to come in field like he and Diaz were doing last season. He was good for Wolves when he played off a front striker.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4350 on: August 6, 2023, 11:23:36 am »

I think off the left slightly working in tandem with Gakpo, they seemed to link nicely especially little one twos round the box. I expect Jota and Gakpo start away at Chelsea.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4351 on: August 19, 2023, 09:15:23 pm »
No posts on his performance?

I thought he was one of our best and certainly most diligent players today. Was busy, pressed well, scored but what he really impressed me with was dropping in as an 8 when we went down to 10 men and just scrapping away and forcing Bournemouth into low percentage passes.

He was good today.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4352 on: August 19, 2023, 09:18:38 pm »
Thought he was ineffective at the start but grew into it and was one of our best performers after the red.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4353 on: August 19, 2023, 09:20:23 pm »
I though he was oscilating between terrible and mediocre up until when he scored. Lost a lot of balls (as in almost all that reached him), was half expecting him to get subbed at half time. After he scored he went up a gear and was suddenly energised and all over the pitch.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4354 on: August 19, 2023, 09:53:09 pm »
Good thing he was rewarded with a place in the team, as we were rewarded with a goal ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4355 on: August 20, 2023, 12:11:12 am »
Mad he doesn’t get an assist for a great piece of work for the first

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4356 on: August 20, 2023, 12:20:47 am »
Mad he doesn’t get an assist for a great piece of work for the first

What exactly is the method there, does any deflection on the pass mean it's not an assist? Meanwhile your shot can take a huge deflection that wrong foots the keeper and you still get a goal.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4357 on: August 20, 2023, 07:15:07 am »
Good thing he was rewarded with a place in the team, as we were rewarded with a goal ;)

Did nothing much until the poachers minute when he scored, but sure, act like he played well and definitely oh completely justified his spot.

His touch was pudding, seen people scream to sell Nunez and or Gakpo for games with less errors.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4358 on: August 20, 2023, 08:53:45 am »
Did nothing much until the poachers minute when he scored, but sure, act like he played well and definitely oh completely justified his spot.

His touch was pudding, seen people scream to sell Nunez and or Gakpo for games with less errors.
I think we watched a different game. Granted my seat was very close to pitch side which is never the best view, but I thought he worked his arse off, looked the most likely to make something happen, helped to force the first goal, scored and dropped in really effectively as an 8 after the red card.

His pressing was good too, I just thought he got over the first 10 minutes of collective and personal sloppiness and was great from there.

Having said all that, I prefer Gakpo as the false 9 in our best XI.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4359 on: August 20, 2023, 09:03:50 am »
Don't know, I didn't watch the game back, so my perception may be skewed.

What I saw was a game where he was in reasonably good positions, but had wooden legs and kept losing the balls. The first goal was a lucky rebound that dropped the ball right in the path of Diaz. Jota moved well, but his cross was behind Diaz and it would have been a wasted chance. I've already said he woke up and played well after he scored, so on that part we agree, but up until that he was losing balls at a frightening rate - most often due to poor first touch.

For me it was a performance where his goal glossed over a pretty average game. In the grand scheme it doesn't matter, as Nunez is nailed to the bench and Gakpo is now some kind of a midfield/false nine hybrid - so Jota will get more playing time no matter how he plays. He is also as we know streaky and terribly reliant of goals to keep his confidence up - so we could see an upturn in his general play.