Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1880400 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Liverpool agree deal to sign Naby Keita
« Reply #200 on: August 31, 2017, 08:38:32 pm »

Any chance of keeping the cryarsing about the window by the negative-nellies to one thread in the transfer forum rather than polute threads about players with it too.

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: August 31, 2017, 08:48:08 pm »
Anyone know if he is cup tied if we meet them in Europe?

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: August 31, 2017, 09:37:34 pm »

Why would he be cup tied? He hasn't played for us.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #203 on: August 31, 2017, 09:38:07 pm »

He's their player?

Offline coutinho and firmino

• Main Stander
« Reply #204 on: August 31, 2017, 09:46:58 pm »
Yeah this is a similar deal to the Ibe one which cup tied him

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
« Reply #205 on: August 31, 2017, 10:19:08 pm »
Not arsed by any other transfers. We've got Keita! The more i learn about him, the more i think we've signed one with potential to be one of the greatest players in his generation. Even better than Suarez. This is the transfer i wouldn't even dare to dream about. Maybe i'm delusional, but i'm not changing my mind  ;D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:21:17 pm by Szemerényi »

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: September 1, 2017, 12:26:16 am »
Imagine signing the most destructive, dynamic midfielder in world football then arguing we've had a bad window

Haha. It's amazing isn't it

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #207 on: September 1, 2017, 12:31:19 am »
I really love the way this guy just glides past the defenders. He is so graceful, the goal he scored tonight reminds me of one he scored last season, superb finish. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
« Reply #208 on: September 1, 2017, 12:35:18 am »
He's got plenty of them in his bag:

For Salzburg against Altach: http://imgur.com/lPj99mT
Against Mainz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwifm1u5dFY
Against Werder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-5639VfGUE

I know how excessive it sounds but his dribbling is Messi-like. It's the agility and close control, that make him able to turn in any direction with the ball at breakneck speed, and make defenders seem like fools in the process, because they can't predict his movement.

All these goals would be goal of the season contenders, if he did it in the premier league. Imagine how such a darting slalom run against the pace of Everton would put them on their collective asses.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 12:53:05 am by Szemerényi »

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #209 on: September 1, 2017, 02:48:45 am »
Yep, obviously he is versatile as fuck, but i see him as a six who when he wins the ball has an insane ability to break lines. We're missing that at the moment. I want you to imagine a Liverpool team, who press from the front in the insane way like we now do. Now imagine that when a team breaks that press, taking our front three out of the game and break at us, Naby breaks them down, and (instead of what Hendo does now which is a safe ball sideways and a reset) breaks their lines streaming forward and takes their front 4-6 out of the game moving us to a transition with Phil, Naby, Salah, Mane and Bobby against a flat back four. It will be terrifying to play against. 
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 02:50:33 am by harleydanger »
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: September 1, 2017, 04:08:51 am »
Can we fast forward to next year so we can watch him play, damn.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #211 on: September 1, 2017, 04:24:08 am »
He's got plenty of them in his bag:

For Salzburg against Altach: http://imgur.com/lPj99mT
Against Mainz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwifm1u5dFY
Against Werder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-5639VfGUE

I know how excessive it sounds but his dribbling is Messi-like. It's the agility and close control, that make him able to turn in any direction with the ball at breakneck speed, and make defenders seem like fools in the process, because they can't predict his movement.

All these goals would be goal of the season contenders, if he did it in the premier league. Imagine how such a darting slalom run against the pace of Everton would put them on their collective asses.

I had never actually seen him play for RB Leipzig, but once i finally got to see his compilation videos on youtube et all, this is the first thing that got to me. His ability to control the ball in midfield at full speed while being challenged and surrounded by the opposition is pure filth
The change is cast

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: September 1, 2017, 06:01:02 am »
Hi, I still don't get the fine details of this deal. Does it mean he is a Liverpool player and back on loan to RBL. Is there any chance a different team will be able to sign him from Leipzig next year, or does this mean the contract is already signed for next year. I still don't get how a contract for next season is binding. Can Bayern, Barca not offer him a different contract, and will then our pre-agreement be honoured.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #213 on: September 1, 2017, 06:22:38 am »
He's the sort of midfielder that makes Klopp's teams so incredibly destructive on the counter attack - the equivalent to Gundogan or Sahin in his very best Dortmund teams, the player who'll unpick a defence in a second by winning the ball and dribbling around or putting a pass through the opposition. He'll push us up another level when he arrives.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #214 on: September 1, 2017, 06:39:04 am »
Hi, I still don't get the fine details of this deal. Does it mean he is a Liverpool player and back on loan to RBL. Is there any chance a different team will be able to sign him from Leipzig next year, or does this mean the contract is already signed for next year. I still don't get how a contract for next season is binding. Can Bayern, Barca not offer him a different contract, and will then our pre-agreement be honoured.

If it's not a loan-back then a pre-contract, with things like wages and length included, would be binding. Wouldn't stop him going to another club, but player and that club would both be liable to pay compensation to us.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Carra-ton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 1, 2017, 06:46:40 am »
If it's not a loan-back then a pre-contract, with things like wages and length included, would be binding. Wouldn't stop him going to another club, but player and that club would both be liable to pay compensation to us.
Got it thanks. Seems like a great deal for us. So I gather that if someone else wants to sign him next summer, they need our permission for registration and need to pay us a transfer fee. Which effectively makes him our player.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Chrismonster

• Anny Roader
  • Thou shall not wear socks with FlipFlops.
« Reply #216 on: September 1, 2017, 06:52:07 am »
I'll be honest, until we got linked to him, I knew next to nothing about the lad. I guess I was too busy raving about Kovacic to notice a short African player plying his trade at a German club I'd not even heard of.
I assumed because of his diminutive stature, that he was a poor version of Kante (as he'd become the latest footy trend in this country) But as I watched the RAWK post numbers quickly swell about him, and then £ numbers being banded about to buy him, I decided to watched some youtube clips that in hindsight, did him absolutely no justice what so ever. I honestly thought along with football in general, LFC and RAWK had gone mad!

Anyway, after reading what the German press had to say about him along with other experts, and then downloading some of Leipzig's games and watching better quality clips of his skills, I've gone full circle. What a player!!  It's been a long time since I've been this excited about a player joining us. He looks like an incredible talent, and one who has a completely unique style for the position he plays in. We might well have bought ourselves a generation defining midfield player like no other. I now understand why LFC worked so hard to get this deal done. Brilliant!     

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #217 on: September 1, 2017, 07:23:24 am »
Got it thanks. Seems like a great deal for us. So I gather that if someone else wants to sign him next summer, they need our permission for registration and need to pay us a transfer fee. Which effectively makes him our player.

Depends what has happened. But, if it's a pre-contract agreement, then it would be a case of them paying up compensation to us at some point. Be interesting to know whether the agreement goes beyond a gentleman's one.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 1, 2017, 07:26:28 am »
The club have done brilliantly to secure Keita early, before the likes of Bayern started sniffing around. He's going to be a massive success here!

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 1, 2017, 07:34:41 am »
Most important signing of the window for me,he looks incredible.

I'll happily wait a year for him,our midfield is going to be something else with him running the show regardless of who else comes or goes.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: September 1, 2017, 08:47:22 am »
So I gather that if someone else wants to sign him next summer, they need our permission for registration and need to pay us a transfer fee
No reason for us to sell him to anyone after the troubles we went through to secure him. Keita is ours and he is a Liverpool FC come season 2018/19

Nothing unusual with the deal either. Uncommon but not unusual. We did the same when we sold Ian Rush to Juventus. We reached the agreement summer of 1986. He played a blinder during 1986/87 season. We bought Aldridge in Feb 1987. We bought Barner and Beardsley summer of 1987. When Rush was truly gone, we're ready with Aldridge, Beardsley and Barnes and did not miss a beat

Good deal for RB Leipzig too. They get Keita for another season and have a season to prepare for his departure
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 08:52:01 am by MNAA »
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #221 on: September 1, 2017, 09:44:29 am »
No chance of anybody other than us getting him next summer. Content yourself.

Offline Carra-ton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: September 1, 2017, 01:52:29 pm »
No chance of anybody other than us getting him next summer. Content yourself.
Yes, just was trying to understand the contract. There is no way Klopp and Keita would want to not work together after how hard they both have fought for this transfer.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #223 on: September 1, 2017, 09:27:36 pm »
Can't believe the transfer committee actually managed to confirm his signature so early, for such a relatively low price, and in the such a manner as they did.
An absolutely fantastic player, and he's now in our books. :wave
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #224 on: September 1, 2017, 09:38:25 pm »
Can't believe the transfer committee actually managed to confirm his signature so early, for such a relatively low price, and in the such a manner as they did.
I used to watch Man City just to see Kinkladze play. Keita is Kinkladze on crack.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 1, 2017, 09:41:01 pm »
Hmmm... I don't really see the Kinkladze comparison mate.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #226 on: September 1, 2017, 09:46:03 pm »
Is it next season yet? I just cannot wait to see Naby in our first team and gliding past various defenders.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 1, 2017, 09:47:52 pm »
Still can't believe we pulled this signing off!
Shame we have to wait another season before we'll see him play in an LFC shirt but hey, gives me a reason to watch more Bundesliga  ;D

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #228 on: September 1, 2017, 09:51:50 pm »
I used to watch Man City just to see Kinkladze play. Keita is Kinkladze on crack.

A staple in my fantasy footy team for a couple of years way back when. What a dribbler!

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #229 on: September 1, 2017, 09:53:31 pm »
Hmmm... I don't really see the Kinkladze comparison mate.
Dribbling through the lines.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 1, 2017, 10:03:59 pm »

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #231 on: September 1, 2017, 10:08:59 pm »

Yes, but Keita appears to have a fair bit of tactical discipline...

Kinkladze had not one tiny iota... ;)
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #232 on: September 1, 2017, 10:09:15 pm »

Think he is a great signing as well but not so sure about the low price or signing him early.

Keita moved for £1.3m three years ago, Dembele cost £15m a year ago and goes for nearly ten times that amount a year later.

With the reluctance for clubs to sell players being able to identify young players is going to be even more important.

So well done FSG and Edwards for bringing in Solanke who could prove to be an absolute gem.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 1, 2017, 10:12:28 pm »
A staple in my fantasy footy team for a couple of years way back when. What a dribbler!

Ah Kinkladze.... Juninho was another one. I remember he scored a wonder goal once, can't remember against who, but he dribbled through the entire midfield and defence from the halfway line

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: September 1, 2017, 10:16:32 pm »
Think he is a great signing as well but not so sure about the low price or signing him early.

Keita moved for £1.3m three years ago, Dembele cost £15m a year ago and goes for nearly ten times that amount a year later.

With the reluctance for clubs to sell players being able to identify young players is going to be even more important.

So well done FSG and Edwards for bringing in Solanke who could prove to be an absolute gem.

A low price compared to what we would've had to pay had other sides also targeted him next summer.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #235 on: September 1, 2017, 10:17:46 pm »
Ah Kinkladze.... Juninho was another one. I remember he scored a wonder goal once, can't remember against who, but he dribbled through the entire midfield and defence from the halfway line

The best one ever has to be the Terry Phelan goal for City against Spurs that sparked a riot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBBjWbj0MQU
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 1, 2017, 10:22:21 pm »

Always used to pretend to be Kinkladze when I kicked a ball around as a kid. That man could dribble.

The Huckerby of the Caucasus.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: September 1, 2017, 10:23:40 pm »

I don't remember him that well so I just YouTubed - but he seemed really really greedy!

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: September 1, 2017, 10:26:30 pm »
The best one ever has to be the Terry Phelan goal for City against Spurs that sparked a riot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBBjWbj0MQU

Very rarely do we see these sort of goals scored nowadays. Teams will not let something like that happen. However, Keita with the players we have is capable of it. Defenders will be pulled in all sorts of directions with Firmino, Salah and Mane's off-the-ball running. Already cannot wait :)

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #239 on: September 1, 2017, 10:52:35 pm »
I don't remember him that well so I just YouTubed - but he seemed really really greedy!
Absolutely. In Kinkladze's list of top 10 favourite things to do with the ball, passing comes in about 12th. :D