Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1233049 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #7120 on: May 30, 2017, 01:53:22 am »
Blame capitalism guys, and help bring it down!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7121 on: May 30, 2017, 07:07:14 am »
Some returning series this coming week.

F Is For Family and House Of Cards from the 30th in the UK

Animal Kingdom from the 31st in the UK.

From the 1st of July Kingdom and the 2nd we see the return of Flaked.

I mention these now as I will be away on my bike from Friday on.
;)
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7122 on: May 30, 2017, 12:00:29 pm »

Been looking forward to this one in particular.

Tonight at 9:00 in the unusual gaffs... By season's end, Pope and Baz will have the ultimate confrontation...

Also, random series I stumbled upon in Netflix...

The Same Sky, subtitled, about the family effects of an East German spy working across the barrier in Berlin during the '70s.

Seen the first two episodes, pretty good stuff. Sort of an attempt to show that East Germans and East Berliners had real lives...

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline mazlo123

• Legacy Fan
  • My kind of monster.
« Reply #7123 on: May 30, 2017, 04:01:16 pm »
Finished Bloodline series 3 last night... Man that show went downhill fast. First series was excellent, second was meh and this third is just an absolute mess.
They should go and feast on another dead corpse this one is alive and kicking and it will bite you fucking head off.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7124 on: May 30, 2017, 04:12:53 pm »
Discovered the series 'Love' last night. Ended up binging the first season until the early hours of this morning, boss show. Got season 2 to look forward to later.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7125 on: May 30, 2017, 04:57:08 pm »
Been looking forward to this one in particular.

Tonight at 9:00 in the unusual gaffs... By season's end, Pope and Baz will have the ultimate confrontation...

Also, random series I stumbled upon in Netflix...

The Same Sky, subtitled, about the family effects of an East German spy working across the barrier in Berlin during the '70s.

Seen the first two episodes, pretty good stuff. Sort of an attempt to show that East Germans and East Berliners had real lives...
Have a look at Samurai Gourmet on Netflix, deffo worth a watch.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7126 on: May 31, 2017, 05:23:50 am »

F Is For Family and House Of Cards from the 30th in the UK

All available in the usual yards now.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #7127 on: May 31, 2017, 05:58:16 am »
You still here? On your bike son, ps you got telly on that thing?   :)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7128 on: May 31, 2017, 06:21:19 am »
You still here? On your bike son, ps you got telly on that thing?   :)
I was in Shropshire over the weekend and i was supposed to head out to Calderdale yesterday....I changed my dates as it rained yesterday.....

...so now I'm just getting ready to head out to Calderdale/Haworth for four days cycling....I'm bone idle, can't be arsed getting showered and changed. ;D

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7129 on: May 31, 2017, 07:54:35 am »
Has anyone seen Unforgiven?  On the same lines as Happy Valley and Broadchurch.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7130 on: May 31, 2017, 12:42:03 pm »

Oh, so it's yards now, instead of gaffs?

's the difference?  ;)
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7131 on: May 31, 2017, 01:56:12 pm »
Discovered the series 'Love' last night. Ended up binging the first season until the early hours of this morning, boss show. Got season 2 to look forward to later.

Same here - brilliant and right up my street so far.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7132 on: May 31, 2017, 02:07:38 pm »
Oh, so it's yards now, instead of gaffs?

's the difference?  ;)
It's entirely dependent upon ones frame of mind. ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7133 on: May 31, 2017, 02:08:20 pm »
Same here - brilliant and right up my street so far.
You and Si...slackers. ;D :P

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7134 on: May 31, 2017, 02:14:50 pm »
Any of you watching Outcast ?  Nice dark tv with a great cast,only 10 episodes per season though and just 1 more left of season 2.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #7135 on: June 1, 2017, 10:03:46 am »
No. I watched the pilot when it got out and I remember thinking there is no fucking way I'm gonna keep watching that.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7136 on: June 1, 2017, 10:37:00 am »
No. I watched the pilot when it got out and I remember thinking there is no fucking way I'm gonna keep watching that.

I watched half of the first season and gave up. Not great.

Online Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7137 on: June 1, 2017, 01:25:40 pm »
No love for Sens8 here? just finished the first batch (and the Christmas-y one), not bad, hardly ground-breaking, but interesting enough
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7138 on: June 1, 2017, 02:28:08 pm »
Halt And Catch Fire final season starts tonight.

I haven't seen any promos for it.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7139 on: June 1, 2017, 04:28:33 pm »

Yeah I can understand why some people didn't give it a go.All I can say is that whilst it was a slow burner it has turned out to be top quality.
Kirkman said that it the first comic book he has ever started where he knew what the endiing would be.

Searching through HBO series I spotted vice principals,missed it when it aired.It stars Danny Mcbride and Walton Goggins,I am 4 episodes in and it has some proper side splitting scenes and is just as cringey as you would expect.McBride may as welll have made it as a follow up to Eastbound and down though because the character he portrays could just as easilly been called Kenny Powers.

No love for Sens8 here? just finished the first batch (and the Christmas-y one), not bad, hardly ground-breaking, but interesting enough

I watched it and whilst it is beautifully shot & the story and acting are ok,both finales were utter shyte and a real let down.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #7140 on: June 1, 2017, 04:37:50 pm »
DOB's Go 8 Bit is still my guilty pleasure on a Monday night. I have even watched the new add on show both weeks of this series. An hour and a half of harmless, mindless entertainment which suits me nicely at the end of a Monday
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7141 on: June 1, 2017, 05:39:53 pm »
Ok some TV shows i've watched of Late & will start watching soon:

Snatch - Decent watch.
White Gold - A must for any Inbetweeners fans.
Six - About Seal Team 6, decent enough.
Little Boy Blue - Very, very good.
Dear White People - Just started it, looks good.
Born to Kill - Looks good!

Not watched yet.

Shots Fired
Happy Valley
Peaky Blinders
Sons of Anarchy
Rillington Place
Sherlock

Docu's:

The Keepers - Murder of of Nun and cover up.
Inside the FBI - Dick Wolf made it so.....
Reported Missing - Cases from the UK
Detectives: Inside the Major Crimes Team - Looks good.
Three Gilrs - Kids who where groomed.
Making a Murderer.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #7142 on: June 2, 2017, 09:34:00 am »
Some right scum in The Keepers.

Online Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7143 on: June 2, 2017, 09:37:12 am »
S3 of the flash has been pretty bad!
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7144 on: June 2, 2017, 12:28:01 pm »
Yeah I can understand why some people didn't give it a go.All I can say is that whilst it was a slow burner it has turned out to be top quality.
Kirkman said that it the first comic book he has ever started where he knew what the endiing would be.

Searching through HBO series I spotted vice principals,missed it when it aired.It stars Danny Mcbride and Walton Goggins,I am 4 episodes in and it has some proper side splitting scenes and is just as cringey as you would expect.McBride may as welll have made it as a follow up to Eastbound and down though because the character he portrays could just as easilly been called Kenny Powers.

I watched it and whilst it is beautifully shot & the story and acting are ok,both finales were utter shyte and a real let down.
I watched the opening ten minutes of Outcast. I felt the eyes of the Allfather watching me as I did and I knew if I continued on I was to be forbidden from taking my place in the Mead Hall at Valhöll.....

As to that nonsense from HBO...I had hopes for that....by the end of the second ep I had hoped they'd make Goggins and McBride remain in the house to be consumed by the cleansing flames....I hoped in vain.

At least my place in Valhöll  is secure.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #7145 on: June 2, 2017, 12:39:25 pm »
I watched the opening ten minutes of Outcast. I felt the eyes of the Allfather watching me as I did and I knew if I continued on I was to be forbidden from taking my place in the Mead Hall at Valhöll.....

As to that nonsense from HBO...I had hopes for that....by the end of the second ep I had hoped they'd make Goggins and McBride remain in the house to be consumed by the cleansing flames....I hoped in vain.

At least my place in Valhöll  is secure.

Haha. As a kid, reading Thor comics, this was the reason I decided to be agnostic. Just in case, you know?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7146 on: June 2, 2017, 12:48:08 pm »
Lets cleanse the palette with something exotic and foreign. ;D

I have in my possession season two of Les Témoins (Witnesses). I've yet to start viewing but as those who watched season one will know this is (unlike most of the shite mentioned already on this page) is good and well worth seeking out and watching. Season two is based around the story line of A country road along the North Sea, the first day in Spring. 15 dead men, frozen, found sitting quietly in a bus.
Catherine Keemer: a mysterious woman, an amnesiac, discovered the next day in her car, 100km away. The 15 victims in the bus: all the men shared her love, for one night or a year. Sandra Winckler, a determined and obsessed cop who won't tolerate an unsolved mystery. Sandra Winckler (Marie Dompnier) and Catherine Keemer (Audrey Fleurot): two woman who are going to need to unite for the better and against the worst.

It's not readily available yet, that is unless you have SBS Direct link, a VPN will help you here....or you're part of the private tracker TVCUK. Obviously I have both. ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7147 on: June 2, 2017, 01:04:17 pm »
Haha. As a kid, reading Thor comics, this was the reason I decided to be agnostic. Just in case, you know?
I was always a big Conan the Barbarian fan...you can see all those elements of Norse Mythology in those stories....plus...I was brought up a Catholic...anything that pissed off the priests was good for me. ;D

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7148 on: June 2, 2017, 02:54:51 pm »
Some right scum in The Keepers.

I would think so, we know all about them here.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7149 on: June 2, 2017, 04:16:21 pm »
Another decent new series from CBC. This, Cardinal is an adaptation of the first novel in the John Cardinal series, Forty Words For Sorrow. The series starts with the discovery of the body of a teenage girl whose been missing. The series follows detective John Cardinal as he attempts to uncover the mystery of what happened to the young girl. At the same time, unbeknownst to Cardinal, he comes under investigation by his new partner, Lise Delorme, a tough investigator in her own right.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IqaE2Blr00I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IqaE2Blr00I</a>
BBC 4 Saturday, June 3, 9 pm. I've already seen and enjoyed this.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7150 on: June 2, 2017, 04:25:49 pm »
Canned.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7151 on: June 2, 2017, 04:29:07 pm »
I'll leave this here sans comment...I might say something untoward...

Cinemax cancels Quarry.

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #7152 on: June 2, 2017, 07:26:37 pm »

Cinemax cancels Quarry.

Utter shame that. I really likd it and I thought it was one of the best made dramas in a while. Could any other network pick it up?
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #7153 on: June 3, 2017, 10:13:22 am »

Cinemax cancels Quarry.

What. The. Fuck.

Oh fuck off Cinemax. It's not like you have a ton of series let alone quality ones. Absolutely shocking.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7154 on: June 3, 2017, 05:22:24 pm »
Utter shame that. I really likd it and I thought it was one of the best made dramas in a while. Could any other network pick it up?
Possible, but from what I've read from the series creators I don't see it happening. I read on his blog that they'd attempted to find another home for the show but were unable to do so. I do know the numbers watching Quarry were good as were the reviews from most if not all of the reviewers I read....and I read quite a few. The reason given for the cancellation is Cinemax are going in a different direction re their programming and also a change in the regime at HBO....so I think we've seen that last of Quarry.

There are though...13 with 14 coming out soon, books in the Quarry series by author Max Allan Collin available to read.

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #7155 on: June 3, 2017, 06:38:18 pm »
BASTARDS!

Cinemax cancels Quarry.

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #7156 on: June 4, 2017, 03:45:53 pm »
BBC 4 Saturday, June 3, 9 pm. I've already seen and enjoyed this.
Does it pick up as it progresses? Watched the first one and just wasn't feeling it at all. I usually love anything in that BBC4 9pm slot.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #7157 on: June 5, 2017, 09:52:41 am »
Does it pick up as it progresses? Watched the first one and just wasn't feeling it at all. I usually love anything in that BBC4 9pm slot.

Watched it till the end. Was not something that made me want more of it.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #7158 on: June 5, 2017, 09:54:14 am »

Cinemax cancels Quarry.

WTF?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7159 on: June 5, 2017, 12:19:52 pm »
S3 of the flash has been pretty bad!

I think we're the only 2 on here that watch it. But in my defence, I only watch it with my 10 year old son. What's your excuse  ;D

It has been awful though. I hate the self righteous fuckwit if I'm honest. The end of that series was shite. Spends the whole series trying to save Iris so they could live happily ever after and get married, then the first sign of something going tits up he fucks off to spend eternity in the speed force? Do fuck off.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT