Author Topic: Edge of Terminator. Live, Die, Repeat.  (Read 56224 times)

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Re: Terminator 5. Arnie Returns!
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2013, 12:08:29 am »
The Sara Connor Chronicles needed more time ( the curse of Glau strikes again)
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2013, 11:49:32 am »
Meh they should have left it alone after the first film.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2013, 12:27:32 pm »
No, T2 was the best movie in the series.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2013, 12:50:19 pm »
No, T2 was the best movie in the series.

Go sit in the corner and think about what you said  ;D

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2013, 02:48:25 pm »
I predict 2015 - when this is due - is the year Hollywood will have a meltdown. This is and ID4 2 (yes for fuck's sake) will be the final straw and people will start watching lower budget films they can stream at home.

This from a massive fan of The Terminator and I loved Terminator 2 as well.

Too many sequels and reboots now, Hollywood has lost its sparkle.

Unfortunately the average moving going public is too stupid. It doesn't matter how shit the movie is they will just buy the tickets if it has some big explosions. Transformers 3 is god awful movie yet that made 1 billion+ at the box office. This terminator film is guarnteed to make money and that's all that matters.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2013, 02:49:55 pm »

word...violent, nasty 80's Sci-fi classic that should have been left in the hall of fame....see also Robocop..

alas Hollywood has never been averse to wringing the last drop from the driest of teats
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2013, 03:06:28 pm »
It's still Arnie. There's nothing to debate personally, it'll get watched (legally). I think that's what the producers will be betting on, that nostalgia factor.

I don't care to be honest, I want to see as much of Arnie, Stallone and the like before they call it quits for good. When they do, I'll officially become old as well.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #87 on: August 6, 2013, 04:30:10 pm »
Unfortunately the average moving going public is too stupid. It doesn't matter how shit the movie is they will just buy the tickets if it has some big explosions. Transformers 3 is god awful movie yet that made 1 billion+ at the box office. This terminator film is guarnteed to make money and that's all that matters.

I know where you are coming from, I mean all the Pirates films have made money, it's true. But just lately big franchises (hate that word but still) have been disappointing at the BO, see: Pacific Rim and RIPD + The Lone Ranger (now there's a dumb overlong idea of movie). Terminator Salavation disappointed too I remember. I still think in a year overstuffed with blockbusters, some of which will do VERY VERY well (Star Wars, Avengers 2, Jurassic Park 4 maybe) a weaker franchise like Terminator might struggle to make its money back.

We will await, with not much excitement.

[When T2 came out, because of my age there was the most excited I have ever been for a big summer movie. Saw it 4 times in the cinema. One of the best trailers ever too]
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 6, 2013, 05:09:51 pm »
Yeah, but T2 is genuinely a good film, though. I watched it recently, and it surprised me at just how good it really is. It's almost the perfect action film, it's that well made. In fact, it's almost the perfect film full stop. The only thing the sequels will have going for it is that it's related to the first two. That might be enough for it to bank. Plus, if you throw in Cameron's name and market it well enough, it will do the business. Films like Pacific Rim and The Lone Ranger just don't have that name to get people interested.  People go with what they know, and sometimes a film will do well for the simple fact that there is nothing else showing that will interest an audience.

Offline Sahara

• Kopite
  • 8 Dimensional
« Reply #89 on: August 6, 2013, 05:27:14 pm »
The Sara Connor Chronicles needed more time ( the curse of Glau strikes again)

Enjoyed that series, wasn't too sure at first but shame it got axed at season 2.

I can only consider T1 & T2 & Sarah Connor chronicles in the whole Terminator franchise, Arnie or not.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★             ★ 

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #90 on: August 6, 2013, 09:37:40 pm »
Terminator and Terminator 2 were awesome films, I preferred the first film slightly ahead of the second on the basis that I prefer Arnold as the bad Terminator  ;D

I remain skeptical to see if it does well, we will have to wait and see.
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 7, 2013, 12:28:46 am »
Terminator 5. Arnie Returns!
Is that the one where he murders Stanley "Tookie" Williams by lethal injection ?

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #92 on: August 7, 2013, 03:14:48 am »
Is that the one where he murders Stanley "Tookie" Williams by lethal injection ?

Yeah but unfortunately he's sent back too late to save the lives of four other people that Tookie killed first.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #93 on: August 7, 2013, 03:45:57 am »
I'll always feel that the original is the best in the series, for that unique early-80s neon-soaked atmosphere (love that particular grain of film too), but I do think T2 had everything, really - utterly exhilirating action sequences, mindblowing sfx (for the time), lots of unforgettably chilling & brutal violence/creepy horror without OTT gore, an expertly planned out & paced plot with some quite deep themes transcending your standard sci-fi fare (feminism in a pretty fucked up, hard male-dominated world; fatherhood), a strong villain & an atypical 'hero', and even some tongue-in-cheek humour delivered with a knowing wink.

It's one of those sequels that fulfilled every criteria you could possibly ask for. It was never gona be the same moody lo-fi type of film as the first one again, that wouldn't have been workable with the blockbuster budget and need for big box office returns. Like Aliens, it does everything it's trying to do so well it's hard to dislike, no matter how it stands up to the original.

Of course, they then totally fucked up what could have been very interesting chapters in the big story with T3 (nice ending, but the casting can fuck off, and the 'terminatrix' is the dumbest bag of shit idea in the entire series) and Salvation (what you get when you hire a bunch of hacks).
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #94 on: August 7, 2013, 03:46:48 am »
Oh, and if 5 isn't mega-toss, I'll eat my head.

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #95 on: August 7, 2013, 04:02:18 am »
Oh, and if 5 isn't mega-toss, I'll eat my head.

Based on your sig, this could be pretty epic.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #96 on: August 7, 2013, 04:25:26 am »
I didn't say which head

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #97 on: August 7, 2013, 04:41:06 am »
I didn't say which head

Doesn't matter, you've underpromised. You'll have to overdeliver.

Offline Thebigbrownbear

• Kemlynite
« Reply #98 on: August 7, 2013, 05:12:18 am »

What can he possibly do in T5  ???

Without special effects coming into play I mean.

Lol ..spat my tea everywhere!

The first terminator was the nuts.. way ahead of its time and still watchable today. My fav arnie film along side predator!  Awesome film that shit me up with sound alone lol

The terminator film with the dude in was a decent film. ..think it was number 2 but the after although the girl was hot was disapointing. And the last one with Christian Bale for me was disapointing...

I dont want to see the movies go to crap like the preditor series did and I just can't see where they can go from here to retain a decent story.  I mean how long csn they go back to send a t1 or t2 back to kick t3's ass to go back to finally come forward

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 7, 2013, 05:56:47 am »
I know where you are coming from, I mean all the Pirates films have made money, it's true. But just lately big franchises (hate that word but still) have been disappointing at the BO, see: Pacific Rim and RIPD + The Lone Ranger (now there's a dumb overlong idea of movie). Terminator Salavation disappointed too I remember. I still think in a year overstuffed with blockbusters, some of which will do VERY VERY well (Star Wars, Avengers 2, Jurassic Park 4 maybe) a weaker franchise like Terminator might struggle to make its money back.

We will await, with not much excitement.

[When T2 came out, because of my age there was the most excited I have ever been for a big summer movie. Saw it 4 times in the cinema. One of the best trailers ever too]

Guess you are right. There is also the issue that Larger budgets means less room for failures and yes it seems like every week in the summer you have 2-3 big blockbusters in theatres. Still think marketing is more important than the quality of film in many cases.   

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2014, 02:14:44 pm »
Imagine the worst Terminator plot you possible can. It's not as bad as what's going to happen:

Sarah Connor isn't the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton's steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991's T2. Rather, the mother of humanity's messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she's been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger's Terminator—an older T-800 she calls "Pops"—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who's great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion.

http://io9.com/terminator-genisys-insane-plot-reveal-is-a-total-nightm-1652315938?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2014, 02:19:25 pm »
Looks absolute dogshit.  The cast is horrific.  From Michael Biehn to Jai 'charisma vacuum' Courtney.  Christ on a bike.

One of the reasons the first film worked so well was the relatability of the characters.  Everyone looked 'normal' except for the Terminator himself.  Everyone looks like a Terminator in this one.  All muscles and steely glares and catwalk model good looks.  Definitely none of the everyman (and woman) qualities that the original cast had.

Except for Matt Smith who needs to be firing his agent ASAP
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 02:20:57 pm by wampa1 »

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2014, 02:19:32 pm »
"How to save a billion dollar franchise"

Lets wait till the first two weekends before jumping ahead of ourselves shall we.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2014, 02:23:00 pm »
Actual images...

Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2014, 02:29:27 pm »
Can I just ask... why are they shooting the tarmac?

Looks and Sounds like an absolute turd

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2014, 02:30:23 pm »
Can I just ask... why are they shooting the tarmac?

Looks and Sounds like an absolute turd

Could be dangerous tarmac. You never know. Better safe than sorry.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2014, 02:32:59 pm »
Looks like a bunch of shite, they're ruining it. My favourite movie ever is T2 and I haven't watched anything beyond T3, not even the TV series. This one will be no different. Get in the fuckin bin.

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2014, 02:34:13 pm »
I've found a few more things that aren't being released to the public that are even worse. I won't post it because they're movie ruining spoilers I wish I hadn't read.

The shit thing is I really like the idea they have...as an expanded universe comic book/tv show idea. Just not as a movie trilogy.

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2014, 02:34:50 pm »
Looks like a bunch of shite, they're ruining it. My favourite movie ever is T2 and I haven't watched anything beyond T3, not even the TV series. This one will be no different. Get in the fuckin bin.

TV show was very good.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2014, 02:36:33 pm »
I've found a few more things that aren't being released to the public that are even worse. I won't post it because they're movie ruining spoilers I wish I hadn't read.

The shit thing is I really like the idea they have...as an expanded universe comic book/tv show idea. Just not as a movie trilogy.
Put them in spoilers. I'd like the laugh. I mean...

Offline wampa1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2014, 02:37:17 pm »
WTF is Jai Courtney shooting at there, someone's foot?

These make the early Days of Future Past posters look good.

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2014, 02:39:20 pm »
SUPER MAJOR MOVIE RUINING SPOILER

Spoiler
Matt Smith is Skynet. Same person that told me that told me about the original ending for Salvation so I trust him
[close]

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2014, 02:39:55 pm »
Jesus Christ.

The pictures get worse.

Whoever directed those still shots/took the photos/edited them + the actors all need a slap. I know these sort of shots are always staged but sometimes they seem like real action shots, in these they are all so "wooden" the expression is very very fake and all the clothes/background/weapons are squeeky clean... does not feel like "Terminator" at all

:(

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2014, 02:42:08 pm »
I think new Sarah Connor looks a lot like Linda Hamilton though. I can never remember her name though, and I watch GoT.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2014, 02:48:09 pm »
Emilia Clarke.

Her and Jai Courtney's chemistry will be...well...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2014, 02:55:17 pm »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2014, 02:55:48 pm »
Pops!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2014, 02:59:59 pm »
Synopsis has been released as well:

Terminator: Genisys starts in 2029, when the Future War is raging and a group of human rebels has the evil artificial-intelligence system Skynet on the ropes. John Connor (Jason Clarke) is the leader of the resistance, and Kyle Reese (Jai Courtney) is his loyal soldier, raised in the ruins of post apocalyptic California. As in the original film, Connor sends Reese back to 1984 to save Connor’s mother, Sarah (Emilia Clarke), from a Terminator programmed to kill her so that she won’t ever give birth to John. But what Reese finds on the other side is nothing like he expected.

Offline wampa1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2014, 03:03:26 pm »
Fucking hell, they've turned the Kyle Reese sneakers and long jacket look into some kind of costume as though he's Doctor Who or something.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2014, 03:15:42 pm »
I'll wait for a trailer but uh... yeah... does not look great.

SUPER MAJOR MOVIE RUINING SPOILER

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.