Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2008370 times)

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #8600 on: November 28, 2018, 05:09:42 pm »
He did everything whilst playing as a double pivot, he also played as a wide midfielder and as a number 10 and a box to box midfielder.

Sorry, not sure what you mean there. Are you saying he actually played all of those roles, or he played as part of the double pivot and did some other stuff that you wouldn't normally associate with that position?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8601 on: November 28, 2018, 05:23:33 pm »
Sorry, not sure what you mean there. Are you saying he actually played all of those roles, or he played as part of the double pivot and did some other stuff that you wouldn't normally associate with that position?

Both.

There's an article where Klopp mentions his ability to play in a number of different roles.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 05:35:49 pm by deFacto »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #8602 on: November 28, 2018, 07:44:49 pm »
Both.

There's an article where Klopp mentions his ability to play in a number of different roles.

Well let's hope so. I think it's a bit of a leap to go from that to saying he the ideal player for that role, but obviously I hope you're right.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8603 on: November 28, 2018, 10:07:23 pm »
Is he tired or what?

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8604 on: November 28, 2018, 10:14:34 pm »
Is he tired or what?
If there were more midfield support, he would be able to play nice one-twos and everything else. He might be tired, but playing in this isolated front three over and over must be very tiring mentally. You already know within a few minutes of being on the pitch that you will only get half-chances and will need to create your own moments of magic all the time.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8605 on: November 28, 2018, 10:15:13 pm »
Sloppy af at the moment.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #8606 on: November 28, 2018, 10:24:02 pm »
At what point does he get dropped instead of rested? He’s not scoring or creating. Very worrying as he’s so vital to how we play.
JFT97

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8607 on: November 28, 2018, 10:26:39 pm »
At what point does he get dropped instead of rested? He’s not scoring or creating. Very worrying as he’s so vital to how we play.

Literally picked the lock to break the deadlock last weekend. Must try harder, this place is the pits.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8608 on: November 28, 2018, 10:28:29 pm »
Literally picked the lock to break the deadlock last weekend. Must try harder, this place is the pits.

Yeah but apart from that, and the goal he scored?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #8609 on: November 28, 2018, 10:31:01 pm »
I love Firmino but he’s been pretty poor all season and I think his form is arguably more key than any other player.
JFT97

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8610 on: November 28, 2018, 10:32:02 pm »
He can't pass to himself.

He's best when we've got midfielders running past him. He's good at receiving the ball in tight spaces, turning a man and playing the ball. We aren't doing that as often anymore. He's a striker who makes play. Granted he's going through a bad patch goalscoring wise, but we aren't playing to his strengths.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8611 on: November 28, 2018, 10:32:16 pm »

He might get rested or dropped if we'd signed a viable alternative in the three years Klopp has been here.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8612 on: November 28, 2018, 10:32:29 pm »
:lmao

Other than the key pass for Mane and his goal he’s done shit all. Opinions change game by game, y’all should know this by now.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #8613 on: November 28, 2018, 10:35:06 pm »
Bloke must be shattered. We need an alternative so that we rest him every now and again. Despite the nostalgia, Sturridge just isnt anywhere near him.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8614 on: November 28, 2018, 10:43:10 pm »
He might get rested or dropped if we'd signed a viable alternative in the three years Klopp has been here.

He’s not doing much right is he, the daft unqualified plonker?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8615 on: November 28, 2018, 10:50:28 pm »
He’s not doing much right is he, the daft unqualified plonker?

Yeah, that's clearly what he said. Odd one you, you absolutely hammer the players at times yet anyone else even suggests a player is out of form and you go nuts, stalking them round the forum, harassing PM's. When you are the most recent response on a thread we pretty much know what's coming when we click, it'll be you having a go at someone, the lad who goes to absolutely no games whatsoever lecturing everyone on how to be a supporter. Can you not just accept other opinions? The lad hardly said Klopp and Firmino are crap and need to get the hell out of our city did he?! If he did then kicking off would be understandable. But someone could write "I didn't think Gini was good tonight, I'd rest him on the weekend" and you'd go absolutely mental. Not sure why you come on here so much when it seems to bring you down so badly.

Anddddd he's PM'd already.  ;D Shock.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 10:54:07 pm by DelTrotter »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8616 on: November 28, 2018, 10:52:32 pm »
Is he out of form, or is he just getting used to playing in this new position? I agree with the manager he's an intelligent player and he will play himself into it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #8617 on: November 28, 2018, 11:20:02 pm »
Suffering because he's carrying the burden of creating everything for himself. Getting no support from midfield.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8618 on: November 29, 2018, 12:23:00 am »
The midfield aren't getting him the ball quickly, but when he did get on it, his touch wasn't up to his usual standard and he misplaced some really straightforward passes.  Really need him to get back into proper form and the best way to do that is to get our transitions going quicker to take advantage of his smart movement.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8619 on: November 29, 2018, 03:04:34 am »
Just fucking close this thread.

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #8620 on: November 29, 2018, 04:51:39 am »
Think our forwards are man marked in case of salah Mane, they are double marked. Opposition know that our midfield is not gonna bomb their box, they are happy to allow them space. A player like ox or keita running through middle should change that. Currently none of Milner, hendo and gini have skillet to do it.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #8621 on: November 29, 2018, 05:56:28 am »
Just fucking close this thread.

Why? Firmino is supposed to be an integral part of the team but so far this season he has not been performing at all. I dont think it is wrong for people to question what he actually is contributing to the team.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8622 on: November 29, 2018, 05:59:26 am »
Bobby is suffering from the lack of pressing we are doing as a side.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8623 on: November 29, 2018, 07:32:09 am »
Why? Firmino is supposed to be an integral part of the team but so far this season he has not been performing at all. I dont think it is wrong for people to question what he actually is contributing to the team.

Its already been questioned though, and posters far more eloquent than myself have laid out pretty clearly why he's not 'contributing' as much in terms of goals/assists as last season. Not sure what else needs repeating. He didn't play well last night, like everyone apart from Allisson, but he's clearly being asked to play a different role to last season.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8624 on: November 29, 2018, 10:05:22 am »
Anybody know that song for him ? A few lads were singing it on our coach on Tuesday and were drumming at clapping samba style.

Something like.

Oh Firminio... theres something that we'd like to let you know.
Si ..    Senor ... 
Cos you are the one that we adore.

Anyone ?

Right, I've got these words now...I think... ;D

There's something that the Kop wants you to know....

The best in the world is our Bobby Firmino...

Our number 9, he gets the ball and we score every time...

Si senor, you get the ball to Bobby and he will score...
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8625 on: November 29, 2018, 05:23:48 pm »

Just sit for a second and re-read what you wrote and ask yourself if this is truly what you meant.  Firmino has not performed at all, really?  This is why this thread is trash and most player threads on this forum are as well.  It's either the player is amazing or complete shit, there's no in between.  I suppose it's a good way to waste time between games but seriously... again... You want to claim with a straight face that Bobby Firmino has not performed at all this season and is actually a detriment to the team?  Really?

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #8626 on: November 29, 2018, 10:13:46 pm »
Its already been questioned though, and posters far more eloquent than myself have laid out pretty clearly why he's not 'contributing' as much in terms of goals/assists as last season. Not sure what else needs repeating. He didn't play well last night, like everyone apart from Allisson, but he's clearly being asked to play a different role to last season.

He doesn't have a foil this season. Before we had Coutinho and Ox who could do some quick interchanges with him. Milner probably could still a step down. Gini and Henderson just don't have the quickness or ball skills to cause any surprise.

He was off-colour last night but our midfield has let him down.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #8627 on: November 30, 2018, 01:07:01 am »
Anybody know that song for him ? A few lads were singing it on our coach on Tuesday and were drumming at clapping samba style.

Something like.

Oh Firminio... theres something that we'd like to let you know.
Si ..    Senor ... 
Cos you are the one that we adore.

Anyone ?
Heard a group of lads singing it while we were waiting to get into the stadium but can't for the life of me remember it!

There's something that the Kop want you to know
The best in the world is Bobby Firminio
Our number nine
Give him the ball an he will score everytime
Si Senor
You get the ball to Bobby an he will score

Repeat...

Got the tune in my head but still don't know what it is.

Great song.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8628 on: November 30, 2018, 01:42:18 am »
Its on youtube from Paris.  Cant cut and paste it though.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #8629 on: November 30, 2018, 03:49:57 am »
Just sit for a second and re-read what you wrote and ask yourself if this is truly what you meant.  Firmino has not performed at all, really?  This is why this thread is trash and most player threads on this forum are as well.  It's either the player is amazing or complete shit, there's no in between.  I suppose it's a good way to waste time between games but seriously... again... You want to claim with a straight face that Bobby Firmino has not performed at all this season and is actually a detriment to the team?  Really?

Firmino on Saturday:-

- Created our first open play chance in the first half with counter pressing to win the ball back
- Played the through ball that got us in behind Watford for the 1st goal
- Won the freekick on the edge of the box for the 2nd goal
- Scored the 3rd goal

https://twitter.com/babuyagu/status/1068310981565194245

As Klopp suggested before, if you don't understand the game tactically, you aren't going to understand his role.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #8630 on: November 30, 2018, 02:21:42 pm »
Just the stats Bobby Firmino:

Last season after 13 League matches:
3 goals- Watford, Arsenal, Huddersfield.
2 assists- Watford, Arsenal.

This season after 13 League matches:
3 goals- Leicester, Spurs, Watford.
2 assists-West Ham, Brighton.

:o :o :o

Had to look twice to make sure as the perception is he's been so poor ...lol.

Last season though he scored more in Europe by now. Mind you we had an "easier" group and he wasn't being used as a #10.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8631 on: November 30, 2018, 02:26:43 pm »

Last season though he scored more in Europe by now. Mind you we had an "easier" group and he wasn't being used as a #10.

Ssshhhhh they don't like it when facts get in the way.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8632 on: November 30, 2018, 02:35:39 pm »

Very  true, our group and the 2 games in the CL qualifiers is why some had more goals at this stage than last year.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #8633 on: November 30, 2018, 02:49:51 pm »
All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what has the Brazilian  ever done for us?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #8634 on: November 30, 2018, 04:20:24 pm »

Whatever you do don't bring up the last 13 League matches last season. You know when things were clicking, rolling, and we were scoring goals for fun.

Bobby's stats for League matches 26 through 38 last season, the last 13 matches:

4 goals- Soton, West Ham, Watford , Bournemouth

2 assists- Soton, Newcastle
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #8635 on: November 30, 2018, 05:56:51 pm »

A tale of an ugly fact killing a beautiful hypothesis... Greek tragedy!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8636 on: December 1, 2018, 12:19:55 pm »
Wouldnt be surprised to hear the song on Sunday. Its all over twatter , youtube and in the echo. Was actually sung at the boss night too.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #8637 on: December 1, 2018, 12:26:06 pm »

If people were saying he was boss at the start of last season and not this season then your post would make sense.

Firmino is below par based on his normal play. However, he was relatively inconsistent and poor at the start of last season. He was pretty poor after the Seville game when he missed a critical pen.

Saying his performances this season are below his 'par' is correct. To say his performances this season so far are relatively comparable to the start of last season is also correct.

Because he's had 2 under par starts to the last 2 seasons doesn't mean he's playing well though.

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8638 on: December 1, 2018, 12:33:23 pm »
Wouldnt be surprised to hear the song on Sunday. Its all over twatter , youtube and in the echo. Was actually sung at the boss night too.

What's the song Kesey?

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8639 on: December 1, 2018, 01:04:13 pm »
What's the song Kesey?

It's a belter. Heard it in Belgrade but not at Watford. Apparantly it took off in Paris . Its a River Plate song. I cant seem to post a link mate.

Youtube or Google.

New Bobby Firmino song. Post it here.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi