Author Topic: Istanbul: Super Cup - 14 August  (Read 61701 times)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Re: Istanbul: Super Cup - 14 August
« Reply #240 on: July 10, 2019, 12:01:27 am »
Would appreciate any help on this. Can take it to PM if you like? I'll be travelling alone
Sure pal fire away

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: July 10, 2019, 12:31:53 am »
Just got a cat 3 ticket. Fuck it.

Best way of getting there lads?

I’ve done the same, been humming and arr’ing for days about going on my own and searching for cheaper flights which just weren’t there but also got me there early on the day and returned by late afternoon the next day. Eventually a cat 3 £45 on row 3 in the lower popped up so thought fuck it get it done, always wanted go a Euro away, I go all the homes but can’t see there being any chance of that anytime soon so sod it. Flying Manc-Istanbul 00.15-09.45 and the return Istanbul SAW-Berlin Schonefeld 12.30 then Berlin-Manchester 13.35-14.50, tight stopover but it is what it is, I done 3 of those for the route to Kiev and back so know not to worry! Just need find myself a cheap hotel at Taskim now for somewhere kip for a few hours, hopefully where there’s some fellow reds!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: July 10, 2019, 01:05:32 pm »
Got a cat 2 for this, first European trip so wanted to be close to the action. Champions of Europe shirt came this morning as well so good morning all around

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #243 on: July 10, 2019, 02:07:02 pm »
Be able to gauge by the end of today whether this’ll sell out or not.
Long live the King

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: July 10, 2019, 02:20:40 pm »
Be able to gauge by the end of today whether this’ll sell out or not.

No chance this is selling out today, there's tonnes left. Be surprised now if it sells out at all.

Can't work out why the corner seats are more expensive than the behind the goal seats too.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #245 on: July 10, 2019, 10:27:53 pm »
Sure pal fire away

I will when I can send PM's.  :no

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: July 10, 2019, 10:46:03 pm »
I will when I can send PM's.  :no
Just PMed you can drop my email here too if you need

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #247 on: July 11, 2019, 08:31:06 am »
Just has the email for the UEFA ballot (which I only entered on the off chance). Unsuccessful. Says ‘a very high number of applications’. Hopefully that means the stadium will be full even if our end isn’t.
Long live the King

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #248 on: July 11, 2019, 08:33:59 am »
Also put my name in the Uefa ballot and was unsuccessful.
Not going in the end anyway so no bother but my luck in ballots is terrible.

Offline Lfc1105

• Main Stander
  • This Is Anfield
« Reply #249 on: July 11, 2019, 08:43:55 am »
Also unsuccessful in UEFA ballot but got one in Cat 3 through club last week. Still trying price up best way to do this flying from Birmingham. Anyone got any routes from there?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: July 11, 2019, 10:41:31 am »
Unsuccessful here too, lucky I was able to get through club yesterday. Must be a huge local interest in this.

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #251 on: July 11, 2019, 10:44:48 am »
Also unsuccessful in UEFA ballot but got one in Cat 3 through club last week. Still trying price up best way to do this flying from Birmingham. Anyone got any routes from there?

Germany is usually a cheap place for a stopover

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #252 on: July 11, 2019, 11:06:56 am »
Same  no luck with uefa

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: July 11, 2019, 11:28:29 am »
Hundreds of tickets still available through LFC website though...

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #254 on: July 11, 2019, 11:30:51 am »
There is still 1200 tickets left on sale a day after they went to no credits members... club needs to wake up and instead of returning them to uefa let members buy more then one or stick a gen sale on .. there is so many supporter clubs in Eastern Europe like Turkey,Serbia,Bulgaria,Romania who would love to go and a waiting for a chance

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #255 on: July 11, 2019, 11:33:10 am »
There is still 1200 tickets left on sale a day after they went to no credits members... club needs to wake up and instead of returning them to uefa let members buy more then one or stick a gen sale on .. there is so many supporter clubs in Eastern Europe like Turkey,Serbia,Bulgaria,Romania who would love to go and a waiting for a chance

All they need to do is buy a membership

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: July 11, 2019, 11:37:02 am »
Hundreds of tickets still available through LFC website though...
This why I find it weird the UEFA ballot seems to have been so popular

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #257 on: July 11, 2019, 12:33:36 pm »
All they need to do is buy a membership
You are correct but mist as I know already pay supporters club membership so it’s added expense plus not knowing whether you have to wsit 2-3 days or you qualify same day ...
What I’m saying they will get tickets most likely but neutrals as it would work out cheaper instead of all reds being together. I’m pretty sure they don’t even realise it’s dropped down so much to be honest ... spoke to so many lads in Liverpool who weren’t expecting anything and never bothered to check cus they think  they won’t have chance. 

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #258 on: July 11, 2019, 06:43:50 pm »
Nearly sold out now......only about 150 left across all Cat's

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: July 11, 2019, 07:44:14 pm »
Nearly sold out now......only about 150 left across all Cat's
Sold well today assume those who were waiting for UEFA maybe snapped up these or just confirming travel

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #260 on: July 11, 2019, 08:21:15 pm »
Are they posting tickets out?
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: July 11, 2019, 08:30:25 pm »
If you bought from club default option was collect in Istanbul. Depends what you selected

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #262 on: July 11, 2019, 09:09:56 pm »
If you bought from club default option was collect in Istanbul. Depends what you selected

Ta la
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: July 11, 2019, 09:32:52 pm »
Ta la
If you check purchase history and click on game they will have charged you 9.85 for UK Mail. If not they’ll send details of collection soon

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #264 on: July 12, 2019, 09:25:41 am »
If you selected UK post for an extra £9.45, the tickets will be dispatched w/c Mon 29/07.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #265 on: July 12, 2019, 12:15:59 pm »
If you selected UK post for an extra £9.45, the tickets will be dispatched w/c Mon 29/07.
Shit I’m going on holiday on the 4th in Bulgaria and was planning to go from there .. hope they dispatch em all at once and not on different days cus I’m fuxked

Offline Lfc1105

• Main Stander
  • This Is Anfield
« Reply #266 on: July 12, 2019, 12:40:52 pm »
So as im only looking to do a 2 day trip due to work commitments, I have found a flight via Amsterdam that gets me into Sabiha Gokcen Airport at 5.05pm, with the game kicking off at 10pm this should be plenty of time I imagine to get from Airport to ground, il be travelling alone and without bags but wondered if anyone who had been to Istanbul could advise on getting to the ground after landing, would taxi be best? I have heard traffic can be quite bad but am unsure if the metro system they have actually runs from the airport. Is anyone else flying in gameday and if so what are your plans for getting to ground and where to drink etc.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #267 on: July 12, 2019, 12:45:48 pm »
Shit I’m going on holiday on the 4th in Bulgaria and was planning to go from there .. hope they dispatch em all at once and not on different days cus I’m fuxked
They are being sent out by the same company that been sending them out for all recent finals. They are normally spot on to be honest so I'd imagine that they'll all be sent out on the same day.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: July 12, 2019, 01:02:29 pm »
So as im only looking to do a 2 day trip due to work commitments, I have found a flight via Amsterdam that gets me into Sabiha Gokcen Airport at 5.05pm, with the game kicking off at 10pm this should be plenty of time I imagine to get from Airport to ground, il be travelling alone and without bags but wondered if anyone who had been to Istanbul could advise on getting to the ground after landing, would taxi be best? I have heard traffic can be quite bad but am unsure if the metro system they have actually runs from the airport. Is anyone else flying in gameday and if so what are your plans for getting to ground and where to drink etc.

The ground is on the edge of Beşiktaş, next to Taksim. The only way from either of the airports to Taksim/Beşiktaş is taxi or shuttle bus.

Taxi from S Gokcen estimates are £25 and 45mins to 1hr 30. But if traffic you may end up paying double. Also make sure they have the meter on if in a taxi, they are fuckers from the airport at not putting it on and over charging.

Shuttle bus from S Gokcen is about £2.50 and takes 90 mins (traffic depending again). Drops off in taksim at Gezi Park, you could walk to the ground from there, its about 10-15 min walk.

Offline Lfc1105

• Main Stander
  • This Is Anfield
« Reply #269 on: July 12, 2019, 01:17:06 pm »
The ground is on the edge of Beşiktaş, next to Taksim. The only way from either of the airports to Taksim/Beşiktaş is taxi or shuttle bus.

Taxi from S Gokcen estimates are £25 and 45mins to 1hr 30. But if traffic you may end up paying double. Also make sure they have the meter on if in a taxi, they are fuckers from the airport at not putting it on and over charging.

Shuttle bus from S Gokcen is about £2.50 and takes 90 mins (traffic depending again). Drops off in taksim at Gezi Park, you could walk to the ground from there, its about 10-15 min walk.

Cheers for that il prob go with the shuttle bus then I have heard the taxi drivers are known for trying to scam people quite a bit. After the game then will be around midnight, does the shuttle buses run that late back to airport? I was prob going to just sleep at the airport as will be 1am ish by time I get back there and flight is at 8am.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #270 on: July 12, 2019, 04:08:49 pm »
Cheers for that il prob go with the shuttle bus then I have heard the taxi drivers are known for trying to scam people quite a bit. After the game then will be around midnight, does the shuttle buses run that late back to airport? I was prob going to just sleep at the airport as will be 1am ish by time I get back there and flight is at 8am.

I admire your dedication but that sounds grim. Spending hundreds to arrive only a few hours before kick off, a couple of hours on buses, and heading straight to the airport with no hotel after the game.
Long live the King

Offline kratos

• Kopite
« Reply #271 on: July 13, 2019, 12:47:32 am »
Potentially similar situation.  Looks like I may have to arrive at 6pm.  With the game at 10pm, it just feels too tight.  Especially with having to collect the ticket also.

Offline Lfc1105

• Main Stander
  • This Is Anfield
« Reply #272 on: July 13, 2019, 06:44:17 am »
Potentially similar situation.  Looks like I may have to arrive at 6pm.  With the game at 10pm, it just feels too tight.  Especially with having to collect the ticket also.

Yea my other option is to leave Tue night at 7.45pm again through Amsterdam and that gets me to Istanbul at 6.25am. They have a connecting flight from Amsterdam at 1am in this case I was going to book the sky port hotel which is like a 15/20 min walk from the airport. Hoping they do early check in as I prob would want to sleep till bout mid day then head to centre and do few touristy bits before heading to game. Luckily I picked to have ticket sent in post so won’t need to collect match day. This option does seem better just will be a bit of a rush the Tue night finishing work then rushing to airport.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: July 13, 2019, 09:47:00 am »

I think it's a bit of a risk that. Could have delays at the airport. Then the ground isn't exactly near to either airport. Then you don't know what queues if any at the ground.
Not impossible but might not be that enjoyable either.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: July 13, 2019, 11:23:20 am »
Football Travel Limited on twitter are doing the day trip. 0151 305 0295

Anyone used these before? Any good?

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #275 on: July 13, 2019, 11:35:33 am »
I was told just use the traibs/underground is nice and fast no traffic no taxi.. if you use a taxi pre agree a cheap price no problem. Ground is in the centre of istanbul you can get to it from everywhere. If you driving like me park your car on the edges and hop on the train/tube .

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #276 on: July 13, 2019, 11:39:16 am »
By the way another 500-600 tickets re-appeared again on sale .. Funny that when theres was only 60-70 left on Thursday lol

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #277 on: July 13, 2019, 11:43:38 am »
If anyone driving through the border allow yourself at least 2-3 hours there cus this time of the year is notorious for massive delays and even strikes

Offline kratos

• Kopite
« Reply #278 on: July 13, 2019, 12:52:08 pm »
I think it's a bit of a risk that. Could have delays at the airport. Then the ground isn't exactly near to either airport. Then you don't know what queues if any at the ground.
Not impossible but might not be that enjoyable either.

Yeah and I don’t even have my ticket yet. No idea yet where the collection will be from. Too optimistic to think could collect at the ground?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: July 13, 2019, 01:00:38 pm »
Yeah and I don’t even have my ticket yet. No idea yet where the collection will be from. Too optimistic to think could collect at the ground?
Has usually been a hotel or something I think