Author Topic: Holiday 2020 (Now Cancelled due to Coronavirus) will we get away in 2021?  (Read 36443 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Seeing as the 2019 thread was started in September last year, thought I may as well start next years.

The wife decides all ours, loves her holidays. Our eldest started senior school this month, so no more term time holidays, so moved our January Tenerife holiday to February. Also got Majorca booked for May, as we got really cheap flights with BA and she's planning next October now !! Dreams Tulum Spa resort in Mexico has caught her eye.

Is anyone worried about the Brexit affect or are you just going for it?
« Last Edit: May 6, 2020, 02:39:37 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Re: Holiday 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 05:19:28 pm »
Santorini for us. Pushing the boat out price-wise for something a bit fancy as we haven't had a proper holiday since 2017 due to house moves.

I've been before, years ago as a kid, but anybody been recently have any advice?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 09:37:46 pm »
Got a wedding in Switzerland in July which will be expensive...

Debating whether to go skiing in February again but between that and Switzerland it wouldn't leave any money for something a bit different. Would like to go to India or visit my sister in South Africa.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 09:26:48 am »
We're taking the dog with us next year and have decided on a villa on the west coast of France. Overnight ferry across - with a dog-friendly cabin!

Trouble is, we'd shortlisted three villa's a couple of months ago when we were looking into it, and now they're all booked for when we want to go (next summer hols)!! The fuck is it with some people being so over-organised??

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 10:33:00 am »
New Zealand for three weeks in Mar-Apr.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 12:30:33 pm »
Both mine and the missus BIG birthdays next year so raiding our pension funds and doing Maldives for 10 nights in March (her choice) then in September a Chicago>Memphis>New Orleans road-trip for my choice.

Hope to take in either an NFL game or a big college football game in one of the cities

Fuck it, cant take it with you can ye?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 8, 2019, 10:44:30 pm »
Italy in February to start.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 8, 2019, 10:55:59 pm »

Went in April last year. Beautiful weather. just absolutely perfect. Walked the Tongariro Alpine Crossing and easily my most favourite experience ever. Whereabouts in NZ are you going?

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: December 9, 2019, 10:01:48 am »
Mallorca for my cousins wedding in August. Booked already with Jet2.

Christening, car purchase and possible new driveway means that will be our only holiday next year.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2019, 11:41:39 am by L8Craig »

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 9, 2019, 10:35:16 am »
Is anyone worried about the Brexit affect or are you just going for it?
Definitely on the back of my mind so for that reason may not go abroad this year, we’ll see how this UK political shitshow pans out

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 9, 2019, 11:22:40 am »
Santorini for us. Pushing the boat out price-wise for something a bit fancy as we haven't had a proper holiday since 2017 due to house moves.

I've been before, years ago as a kid, but anybody been recently have any advice?

I went about 5 years ago, we were only on Santorini for a few days and then went to some other islands. I would recommend even for just a couple of nights to get a place with a crater view then move to a cheaper place after. We went in September so prices were a bit lower but the prices might be astronomical during peak season.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 9, 2019, 05:38:59 pm »
Japan for the start of Olympics in July.
And if things don't get worse between now and then, Syria in September.

Hopefully a little long weekend in Istanbul at the end of May too ;)

It's going to be a long old wait until July  :-\
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2019, 04:00:00 am »
Japan for the start of Olympics in July.
And if things don't get worse between now and then, Syria in September.

Hopefully a little long weekend in Istanbul at the end of May too ;)

It's going to be a long old wait until July  :-\

All places I have always wanted to go to, have only been to Japan and been wanting to go back ever since.

I'm off to Vietnam for the whole of September.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2019, 11:32:50 am »
Me and a friend want to go snowboarding around February time. Been to the French Alps (Tignes) a few times which is great but probably a bit on the expensive side, so was looking at Austria or even Bulgaria. Any recommendations?

Decided on Cervinia! Going early Feb. Anyone been?
« Last Edit: January 3, 2020, 11:35:04 am by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2019, 11:35:00 am »
Me and Mrs long weekend to London in March Weekend away in may to Oban for my birthday present clashes with last day of season so will be getting that changed  :o  then 10 days in Salou with her and the wee one.

Mate wanting to book up in June for a few days in Berlin anyone been ?

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2019, 02:44:25 pm »
Andalucía for a week end of Jan to start. Euros in Italy the plan too....
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2019, 02:51:56 pm »
Back to the UK for 2 weeks
Going home/Edinburgh/Wimbledon - last one hopefully
Catch up with friends in Liverpool also.

Going to be hectic, but enjoyable.
Just need the pound to drop so it’s 1-1 with the dollar 😂

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2019, 08:09:04 pm »
Me and Mrs long weekend to London in March Weekend away in may to Oban for my birthday present clashes with last day of season so will be getting that changed  :o  then 10 days in Salou with her and the wee one.

Mate wanting to book up in June for a few days in Berlin anyone been ?

Been to Berlin twice and actually going back in September. I will say two of my three trips are for running based activities.

I found it a little too cool for itself. Like it's full of bars but you need to know where exactly they are as they don't scream "bar" sometimes.

We're off to Edinburgh in February, Milan in April, Berlin in September and Chicago in October.

We're both runners but actually making the Milan trip a little longer as we've never really had anything more than a few days away together.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2019, 09:00:38 am »
Been to Berlin twice and actually going back in September. I will say two of my three trips are for running based activities.

I found it a little too cool for itself. Like it's full of bars but you need to know where exactly they are as they don't scream "bar" sometimes.

We're off to Edinburgh in February, Milan in April, Berlin in September and Chicago in October.

We're both runners but actually making the Milan trip a little longer as we've never really had anything more than a few days away together.

I was speaking him today thinking of few days in berlin fly to Munich couple days there then fly home.

you just coming up for a holiday in Edinburgh or you visiting folk I live in Edinburgh If your looking for any info on anything give me a shout I will try and help.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2019, 11:21:00 am »
I was speaking him today thinking of few days in berlin fly to Munich couple days there then fly home.

you just coming up for a holiday in Edinburgh or you visiting folk I live in Edinburgh If your looking for any info on anything give me a shout I will try and help.

Sounds like a great trip. Berlin is great, reading back it sounds like I'm downplaying it.
Do you research though and find a good base.

We are coming up on a Friday, parkruning on Saturday morning and then going to Tom Kitchins gaff in the evening. I'm 40 in January so it's a late birthday treat.

I've been to Edinburgh once, but didn't really have the time to do anything.

Castle worth a trip? Someone for lunch and anything else we shouldn't miss?

Oh we have a dog with us too. Cheers. If you make it to Chester I can help you.

Get the train to Liverpool 😂

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2019, 12:49:04 pm »
Sounds like a great trip. Berlin is great, reading back it sounds like I'm downplaying it.

We are coming up on a Friday, parkruning on Saturday morning and then going to Tom Kitchins gaff in the evening. I'm 40 in January so it's a late birthday treat.

Sorry for the delay.  The castle is alright a bit pricy though worth doing if your coming up and its a dry day . Take a walk down the royal mile if your into museum there is plenty too choose from. princess st gardens is nice .

If your wanting to look around places like the castle you could take a train out to a town called Linlithgow formally where Mary queen of scots lived. very nice palace and lake to walk around loads of cafes and pubs for lunch only a 15 min train ride. I lived there for 18 years . 

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2019, 01:56:53 pm »

^^^

As well as post above, the National Museum of Scotland (off the Royal Mile on Chambers St) apparently is really good since it was refurbished, though I haven't been myself since I was a kid.

With the dog, going up Salisbury Crags is a must, especially if the weather is good, you'll get a brilliant view of the city.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2019, 02:07:30 pm »
Me and a friend want to go snowboarding around February time. Been to the French Alps (Tignes) a few times which is great but probably a bit on the expensive side, so was looking at Austria or even Bulgaria. Any recommendations?

For Austria for a decent price look at Soll/Westendorf.  Bulgaria is a bit shit unless its a stag doo or you want really cheap.  Borovets is one the main places and if you've skied or snowboarded a few times you'll have covered the place in a day.  I'd defo say Austria over the 2 even if you pay a bit more as its well worth it.  If you've been going Tignes Bulgaria wont cut it on everything

Also easy to get to Soll or Westendorf from innsbruck as there's a train there.  So easy to sort transfers and trvael out if you can get cheap accommodation if you wanted
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 02:16:41 pm by macca007 »

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2019, 02:20:20 pm »
So for my own in Jan got 18 of us skiing/boarding in the dolomites this year.  Some of the older fellas have been skiing or boarding for 30 years and not one of us has been the dolomites so will be good for not knowing where we are going and what routes we have to take to get back.  Always adds to the adventure.  Going Canazei so just hope the place has a few bars lively enough!

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 3, 2020, 11:17:03 am »
Two weeks to go to two plus weeks in Fiji. Cant wait as should be a trip of a lifetime once the 25 plus hours of traveling is checked off. Meeting a few friends from the States but arriving 4 days before them as I am not going that far for ten days of holidays. Hopefully can stretch the budget a little but will do a mixture of single rooms in a hostel to sharing a nice beachside villa with friends. Was never a bucket list trip for me but now getting bloody excited.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 3, 2020, 11:35:20 am »
For Austria for a decent price look at Soll/Westendorf.  Bulgaria is a bit shit unless its a stag doo or you want really cheap.  Borovets is one the main places and if you've skied or snowboarded a few times you'll have covered the place in a day.  I'd defo say Austria over the 2 even if you pay a bit more as its well worth it.  If you've been going Tignes Bulgaria wont cut it on everything

Also easy to get to Soll or Westendorf from innsbruck as there's a train there.  So easy to sort transfers and trvael out if you can get cheap accommodation if you wanted

Cheers. Did a bit more digging and couldn't find anything great value in Austria, and as you said Bulgaria just doesn't seem up to it in terms of slopes/facilities. Decided on Cervinia, going first week in feb. Never been before, looks very decent for the price. Haven't been on the slopes in 5 years though so I hope it's like riding a bike, and I'm a lot less fit now too!
« Last Edit: January 3, 2020, 11:39:44 am by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #26 on: January 3, 2020, 11:52:26 am »
Trying to plan our easter escape now. Keep floating between the Algarve and the Canaries and now Madeira has caught my eye - has anyone been?

Offline Jonny-LFC

• Kopite
  • Yorkshire Red
« Reply #27 on: January 9, 2020, 12:25:55 pm »
Going to Antwerp for 2 nights for a gig and will do the third night in Brussels for the flight home (early Feb).

Any recommendations for eating/drinking/things to see in either, anyone?
@JonnYNWA

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #28 on: January 9, 2020, 12:40:31 pm »
Wanting to do Hamburg for a long weekend. Missus is pretty fluent in German and we go to Germany/Austria most years just never done Hamburg. Might even go before the season finishes and catch a game.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 9, 2020, 12:53:45 pm »
Going Italy in Feb. Can't wait.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #30 on: January 9, 2020, 01:39:11 pm »
Wanting to do Hamburg for a long weekend. Missus is pretty fluent in German and we go to Germany/Austria most years just never done Hamburg. Might even go before the season finishes and catch a game.

I've been twice (both for running) it's great, but a long weekend is about right.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #31 on: January 9, 2020, 01:42:12 pm »
Got a wedding in Tuscany in early Sept. Think we've decided on spending 2 or so weeks before driving around Europe and visiting a few places before ending up there. Now just to persuade her to let me rent a Ferrari for the trip...

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 9, 2020, 02:16:27 pm »
my mrs has been suffering with breast cancer and has nearly finished chemo. Would love to take her on holiday as a reward for getting through it but so short on cash. Anyone think its possible to contact any holiday makers with our sob story to try and get a cheap deal or probably a waste of time?

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #33 on: January 9, 2020, 02:45:41 pm »
my mrs has been suffering with breast cancer and has nearly finished chemo. Would love to take her on holiday as a reward for getting through it but so short on cash. Anyone think its possible to contact any holiday makers with our sob story to try and get a cheap deal or probably a waste of time?

Glad to hear she's coming to the end of it mate. Where were you thinking in the UK or abroad ?

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 9, 2020, 02:53:25 pm »
Glad to hear she's coming to the end of it mate. Where were you thinking in the UK or abroad ?
Thank you mate. Abroad would be great but wouldn't be against UK either. She's always wanted to go New York but expect that may be out the price range! Loves a beach holiday too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #35 on: January 9, 2020, 02:57:29 pm »
Looking at maybe one of Montenegro / Slovenia / Croatia

Anyone have any experience of these regions - it'll be family holiday lads will be 18,14 and 10.  Looking at beach holiday but with some day excursions.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #36 on: January 9, 2020, 03:19:59 pm »
Thank you mate. Abroad would be great but wouldn't be against UK either. She's always wanted to go New York but expect that may be out the price range! Loves a beach holiday too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I was in new York in December it was pretty pricey. If your looking for something cheap cheerful and warm Salou? going in September there Is a Liverpool pub too called Shankly's Chris the owner a massive red get down there.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 9, 2020, 03:21:46 pm »

Booked a couple more since this; Lake Garda again for a long weekend in May and a week in Sardinia in August.

If my office shuts down again for two weeks over Christmas this year, we're also hoping to visit my sister-in-law in South Korea (she's going away to teach English there for a year).

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #38 on: January 9, 2020, 03:22:47 pm »
Looking at maybe one of Montenegro / Slovenia / Croatia

Anyone have any experience of these regions - it'll be family holiday lads will be 18,14 and 10.  Looking at beach holiday but with some day excursions.

From Dubrovnik it's easy enough to do day trips into Montenegro as well, so could be a good base for you. Can visit a few islands from there too. Gorgeous place.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #39 on: January 9, 2020, 03:23:04 pm »

Have prices for flights/accomodation suddenly gone up for some reason?

I`m keeping my money in country for my next break, going to Skye, hoping that it doesnt rain all the time.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.