Author Topic: Holiday 2019  (Read 33751 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Holiday 2019
« Reply #360 on: October 25, 2019, 02:49:47 pm »
Where exactly were you mate? That sounds like just what I need

There are three hotels on the complex, the best to stay in is the Palm Tree court, but you can use the others, this one has the Michelin starred chef doing Indian, a gastro pub and an adults only roof bar

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: October 25, 2019, 03:07:40 pm »
Rob are you swimming in money? First this luxury hotel then the upcoming Mexico trip, lucky sod :P Got to admit though that looks great, glad you had fun out there. Dubai isn't everyone's cup of tea but to wind down and have a bit of fun, you can't go wrong.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: October 25, 2019, 03:15:34 pm »
Rob are you swimming in money? First this luxury hotel then the upcoming Mexico trip, lucky sod :P Got to admit though that looks great, glad you had fun out there. Dubai isn't everyone's cup of tea but to wind down and have a bit of fun, you can't go wrong.

I wish. I'm lucky, I have a decent paying FT job and do the trucks for spare cash. I'm just still buzzing from it and with the shit i've dealt with mental health wise, its nice to actually buzz again. :thumbup

This and Mexico was paid for with some of the money left to my wife in her Dads will, most of it went into premium bonds for her and the kids and some on the house. We have all dealt with losing loved ones and we have both lost friends our age and she is just determined to enjoy life. Previously we have both worked our arses off doing overtime to afford holidays, not spent money on pointless things and will be doing so again soon. At some point we will go back on our own and go business, she's done first a few times, I got business class once on a BA flight to Berlin, which is a real letdown.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: October 25, 2019, 03:21:28 pm »
I wish. I'm lucky, I have a decent paying FT job and do the trucks for spare cash. I'm just still buzzing from it and with the shit i've dealt with mental health wise, its nice to actually buzz again. :thumbup

This and Mexico was paid for with some of the money left to my wife in her Dads will, most of it went into premium bonds for her and the kids and some on the house. We have all dealt with losing loved ones and we have both lost friends our age and she is just determined to enjoy life. Previously we have both worked our arses off doing overtime to afford holidays, not spent money on pointless things and will be doing so again soon. At some point we will go back on our own and go business, she's done first a few times, I got business class once on a BA flight to Berlin, which is a real letdown.
Ah fair enough. Definitely keep travelling as long as your health and wealth lets you. Life's too short to be worrying and saving money up all the time.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #364 on: October 25, 2019, 03:59:55 pm »
There are three hotels on the complex, the best to stay in is the Palm Tree court, but you can use the others, this one has the Michelin starred chef doing Indian, a gastro pub and an adults only roof bar

That looks like something out of Thunderbirds.  8)

Was the swimming pool retractable?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: October 25, 2019, 04:01:01 pm »
That looks like something out of Thunderbirds.  8)

Was the swimming pool retractable?

Scared the shit out of me when thunderbird one took off

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: October 25, 2019, 04:02:50 pm »
I was having too much fun to gawp at a tablet/phone all day. I did my Spanish lesson every day, posted a few pics on FB and generally had a ball, tried to get a tan - managed it eventually.
Well, reading your other post and what you and Mrs. Rob have been through, you certainly deserved it. I'm glad it went so well.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: October 25, 2019, 04:04:55 pm »
Scared the shit out of me when thunderbird one took off
Yes, I've seen the CCTV of you as it happened.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: October 25, 2019, 05:05:36 pm »
Well, reading your other post and what you and Mrs. Rob have been through, you certainly deserved it. I'm glad it went so well.  :)

Cheers :thumbup

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #369 on: October 25, 2019, 06:31:23 pm »
My missus gets all her work done dead quick, then runs out of things to do, so surfs the net looking for stupid bargains and has a habit of finding them.
If she has any tips, useful sites etc for finding stupid bargains (travelwise) do pass 'em over...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: October 25, 2019, 06:59:23 pm »
If she has any tips, useful sites etc for finding stupid bargains (travelwise) do pass 'em over...

She doesn't have any great method, she just keeps looking at sites like loveholidays and kenwood travel on a daily basis and just keeps an eye on places she fancies. She just said to me to tell you to look straight after Christmas, as that is when she seems to get the bargains, Dubai went down £1500 in January from last autumn.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: October 25, 2019, 07:05:31 pm »
Not sure if true but a lad I know swears that he books his holidays new years eve night as you get some bargains.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: October 26, 2019, 10:23:40 pm »
Anyone ever been to lapland? Thinking of taking the kids this december but didnt realise just how big lapland is! I thought it was just one specific small area of Finland!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #373 on: November 13, 2019, 03:06:36 pm »
Got a wedding in Italy next year and thinking of tagging a few days on before/after. Wedding is in Chianacce, which is just south of Arezzo in (the very east of) Tuscany.

Anyone know that sort of area at all and can suggest any decent places to visit?

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: November 15, 2019, 10:34:52 pm »
Off to Turkey for a 7 day golf holiday on Sunday. Can't wait.

Then off to Australia for 3 weeks on Boxing day for my nephews wedding.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: December 2, 2019, 09:37:28 am »
Off to Porto on Friday for a little weekend break. Any recommendations?

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #376 on: December 12, 2019, 08:04:17 am »

Watch classics or do we need an another remake?    :wave

Home Stallone...

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: December 12, 2019, 08:34:53 am »
Watch classics or do we need an another remake?    :wave

Home Stallone...

That looks liker something out of a Horror film !!!!

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #378 on: December 12, 2019, 09:30:15 am »