Author Topic: Struggling with depression  (Read 618676 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Struggling with depression
« Reply #6960 on: December 14, 2019, 06:27:34 pm »
Cheers mate.

Turned 53 on the 11th, had a good day even though I was in work, found out I may or may not be redundant in 12 months time, I just refused to let it bother me. Went out later and had a cracking evening with the missus and kids. Wasn't too impressed with my 9 yr old writing happy birthday dickhead in my card, drawing a pair of hairy bollocks and a cock and writing "this represents you" next to it.

The big difference has been the election result, I've found I've been able to not dwell on it and even though I know its bad, I know I'll be OK, so I can concentrate on trying to do my bit for the people in our region who will be hard hit. Brexit had me dragged into the depths, so this is a massive change for me.

Only thing that is annoying me is I need to motivate my arse to do things. This shitty weather makes it too easy for me to make excuses for not doing things -which couple with broken sleep due to snoring if I lie on one side and numbness if I roll over - is pissing me right off. It means I'm not losing weight, feel rough and am getting bored off my tree as I hate the shite she watches on the telly. I can't even be arsed going the gym anymore. Roll on Feb when we fuck off to Tenerife for a week of sun and getting outside.
Belated Happy Birthday, Rob.

Glad you had a good night out with Mrs Rob and the kids.  :)  Your 9 year-old sounds like a cheeky one.  ;)

It's great that you feel you are reacting better to certain things than you may have done previously. Ultimately, I think the crucial thing is not what happens, because we often have no control over that, but how we react to what happens. That pretty much determines how we get on from that moment onwards. I'm the same with Brexit and the election. It's truly depressing, but I know there are still good people out there and we all need to stick together, dig in and stay strong. Everything in life ends at some point. We can't hold on to good things forever, but bad things end too. It's a matter of time really, isn't it? The good people I know help me keep going, as do the good people on this site.

Ah, motivation. You've hit on something I think the vast majority of people struggle with at this time of the year. Awful weather, dark mornings, sun down by 3:50pm. Comfort food feels so very tempting, and exercise not tempting at all. Add to that the sorry state of the country being rammed down our throats on a daily basis and it does all feel rather bleak. Like I said in an earlier post though, the less we do, the less we feel like doing. It's a downward spiral we get sucked into if not vigilant. Today I got out in the daylight, even though it was damp and cold, in order to do some work on my mum's garden. Just doing that helped lift me a bit, but at this time of year I have to force it a bit. In summer I'm never still and never stop.

Snoring? I actually had my throat lasered in hospital in order to stop that. It only worked for a while then came back. I wish I hadn't had it done now. Anyway, I can empathise there.

It looks like Tenerife in February can't come soon enough for you. Stick in there, mate. It's not so long away now, and something to look forward to. Maybe even a target to aim for and motivation to get into better shape? As always, I wish you well.

@ DeFacto - You're so welcome, mate.  :thumbup  All the very best to you too.  :)

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6961 on: December 14, 2019, 10:56:40 pm »
All the best to all of yous, especially this time of year, stay strong the best you can.

Offline GivePeasAChant

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC and Liverpool FC reserves
« Reply #6962 on: December 15, 2019, 12:52:01 am »
Before I go to bo bo land have your ever read The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff ?

It's a beauty mate because like Winnie the Pooh....  everything just.... IS .

Just purchased after the quotes mate
Thanks
It all helps

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #6963 on: December 15, 2019, 01:22:51 am »
Just purchased after the quotes mate
Thanks
It all helps

It will mate. I met a RAWKITE somewhere but cannot remember where and he said thanks or something for the book recomendation. Be Jeesoos. I can't remember where. One think this book will teach you ' something that is deep within you ' and ' something that you already know ' to be gentle on yourself.

' How do you that Pooh ' ?

' Do what ' ?

It's Beautiful mate .

I forgot to say though Ive got the Tao of Pooh and the Te of Piglet in one book. The latter was the authours follow up and it came out in the one book a few years later.

' How did that happen ' ?

' How did what happen ' ? .....  said Pooh.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6964 on: December 15, 2019, 01:28:34 am »
Lots of nice quotes there. Thanks.

I had a look for the book today but couldn't find it. I was going to have a flick through.

Mines be sitting on my kitchen shelf for far too long untouched is if you fancy it for a bit PM us.

Or....   maybe I need to pick it up myself ... because ... that's how things work. ....

' What makes what work ' said Pooh ....

' You need to pick it up then ' said Owl ....

' Pick up what ' ? ... said Pooh ?

Owl replied whilst staring over his glasses .....

' The book ya soft twat ' !

:lmao

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6965 on: December 15, 2019, 01:40:22 am »
Possibly one of the best ,  most important things and teachings I got from reading the book is....

When you work with Wu Wei, you have no real accidents. Things may get a little Odd at times, but they work out. You don’t have to try very hard to make them work out; you just let them. [...] If you’re in tune with The Way Things Work, then they work the way they need to, no matter what you may think about it at the time. Later on you can look back and say, "Oh, now I understand. That had to happen so that those could happen, and those had to happen in order for this to happen…" Then you realize that even if you’d tried to make it all turn out perfectly, you couldn’t have done better, and if you’d really tried, you would have made a mess of the whole thing.

In my own words.... let go and trust.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline GivePeasAChant

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC and Liverpool FC reserves
« Reply #6966 on: December 15, 2019, 02:01:50 am »
It will mate. I met a RAWKITE somewhere but cannot remember where and he said thanks or something for the book recomendation. Be Jeesoos. I can't remember where. One think this book will teach you ' something that is deep within you ' and ' something that you already know ' to be gentle on yourself.

' How do you that Pooh ' ?

' Do what ' ?

It's Beautiful mate .

I forgot to say though Ive got the Tao of Pooh and the Te of Piglet in one book. The latter was the authours follow up and it came out in the one book a few years later.

' How did that happen ' ?

' How did what happen ' ? .....  said Pooh.

been a long time lurker on here, haven't posted since we got rid of H+G, been reading a lot of this thread and just very low tonite and looking at them quotes just seemed to hit home.
Favourite was

“Rabbit's clever," said Pooh thoughtfully.
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit's clever."
"And he has Brain."
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit has Brain."
There was a long silence.
"I suppose," said Pooh, "that that's why he never understands anything.”

thats me rabbit.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6967 on: December 15, 2019, 02:42:36 am »
been a long time lurker on here, haven't posted since we got rid of H+G, been reading a lot of this thread and just very low tonite and looking at them quotes just seemed to hit home.
Favourite was

“Rabbit's clever," said Pooh thoughtfully.
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit's clever."
"And he has Brain."
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit has Brain."
There was a long silence.
"I suppose," said Pooh, "that that's why he never understands anything.”

thats me rabbit.

Brains are good as we need them mate . We'd be dead if it didn't work anymore .... but

Brains don't undsertand the Wu Wei principle ( in my words .... going with the flow ) .

You'll love this book mate .

And.... thankyou too as .....   sometimes I can forget the knowledge with me too...

' How do you spell love Pooh... ? ... said Piglet..

' You don't spell it , you feel it '...      said Pooh.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6968 on: December 15, 2019, 06:30:24 am »
I've got both the Hoff books. Gonna be a party pooper and say that I find them smart and fun but somewhat style over substance.

But if they help anyone then cool
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6969 on: December 16, 2019, 12:23:46 am »
I've got both the Hoff books. Gonna be a party pooper and say that I find them smart and fun but somewhat style over substance.

But if they help anyone then cool

What charcater would you say you are in the Tao of of Pooh ?

I think I know.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6970 on: December 19, 2019, 03:17:03 pm »
Oh God.  EUPD is absolutely killing me today. :'(  Second valium this week.  I hate this.  I fucking hate it so much.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6971 on: December 19, 2019, 06:44:10 pm »
Oh God.  EUPD is absolutely killing me today. :'(  Second valium this week.  I hate this.  I fucking hate it so much.

Sorry to hear that, mate. I hope you can ride it out.

I know that condition in it's other name (BPD) and in adolescence and beyond I fitted a hell of a lot of the criteria for that, so I can empathise to an extent.

Take care of yourself.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6972 on: December 19, 2019, 06:50:12 pm »
Mines be sitting on my kitchen shelf for far too long untouched is if you fancy it for a bit PM us.

Or....   maybe I need to pick it up myself ... because ... that's how things work. ....

' What makes what work ' said Pooh ....

' You need to pick it up then ' said Owl ....

' Pick up what ' ? ... said Pooh ?

Owl replied whilst staring over his glasses .....

' The book ya soft twat ' !

:lmao
Thanks. I might take you up on the offer at some point.

Well, that's if I ever manage to get through the book I'm currently procrastinating over reading.  :-[

I'm a slow reader who gets distracted easily, but have the 448 page 'A Liberated Mind' by Dr. Steven Hayes to get through before I go onto something else.  ;D

Cheers, bud.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6973 on: December 20, 2019, 09:53:15 am »
I need to get a grip, my anger is raging at the minute - I want to kill the world and every c*nt in it. Close to losing it and going fucking mental on someone - some c*nt is going to get fucking battered today I can just feel it
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6974 on: December 20, 2019, 12:38:43 pm »
Sorry to hear that, mate. I hope you can ride it out.

I know that condition in it's other name (BPD) and in adolescence and beyond I fitted a hell of a lot of the criteria for that, so I can empathise to an extent.

Take care of yourself.

Really just dont want to live anymore. There is no point to me. I'm permanently damaged goods.

Popcorn's Art

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6975 on: December 20, 2019, 01:46:13 pm »
Really just dont want to live anymore. There is no point to me. I'm permanently damaged goods.

You have helped me so much in this thread and your uplifting thread. I'm sure you have helped many others as well with your advice and humility. I've never met you but if I did I would know I'd met a nice person.

Please, please take care. You are needed.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6976 on: December 20, 2019, 02:13:36 pm »
I'd just like to second Nitramdorf's post. You come across as a really decent, good, person. I really enjoy your contributions to the site.

To an extent, we are all damaged goods, mate. I don't mean that to belittle how you are feeling either. I'm just trying to say that none of us are anything like perfect. We are all flawed.

I've no idea if there even is a point to life. I think we sort of have to find our own point, and our own reasons. I struggled to find my own point for decades, and in my darkest moments still lose sight of it these days. All I know is you are a quality human being, and the world needs more people like you rather than less. And yes, warts and all. I'm yet to meet a person who is not messed up in some way or another. Most just mask it really well.

You have a lot to offer. You, like a good number of people on this site, brighten my day all the time. Stick around, mate. Life is like the weather. Sometimes it's so wet, dark and bleak that we forget what the sun looks like, but it always comes out again in time.

Take good care of yourself.

*offers a manly hug*  ;)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6977 on: December 20, 2019, 02:14:52 pm »
I need to get a grip, my anger is raging at the minute - I want to kill the world and every c*nt in it. Close to losing it and going fucking mental on someone - some c*nt is going to get fucking battered today I can just feel it

Is this related to being off the meds, Rob?

Take care, mate.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6978 on: December 20, 2019, 02:16:40 pm »
You have helped me so much in this thread and your uplifting thread. I'm sure you have helped many others as well with your advice and humility. I've never met you but if I did I would know I'd met a nice person.

Please, please take care. You are needed.

I agree with this completely. You’re a top man Red Berry, we probably just don’t say it enough.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6979 on: December 20, 2019, 02:53:39 pm »
Is this related to being off the meds, Rob?

Take care, mate.

Yeah, I feel like Ive gone back 2 years as far as the moods go, but at least the obsession with my own death and worrying about the future hasn't reared its head this time.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6980 on: December 20, 2019, 07:53:58 pm »
Yeah, I feel like Ive gone back 2 years as far as the moods go, but at least the obsession with my own death and worrying about the future hasn't reared its head this time.
Sorry to hear that.

Hopefully things will stabilise for you though.

All the best, mate.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6981 on: December 22, 2019, 03:38:03 pm »
^^^ I recognise the kindness of your words peeps, but I'm too confrontational to really appreciate them.

I'm tired of being "that guy" who is always just so great for everyone to be around or who is so supportive, when I feel so alone inside that I'm utterly dying and feel bereft of any personal significance.  I'm tired of my BFF telling me I'm an amazing man when there isn't any woman out there who thinks I'm amazing enough to date.  After a while even the most well meaning of compliments just feels like salt on a burn, because the evidence just doesn't bear out the reality, and I don't have the strength of will left to change the reality.  I just want the pain to end.  There's damaged and there's broken.  I no longer feel fixable.

I can't go on like this much longer.  I'm only going to get older, and I can't bear the thought of another 30-40 years like this - trapped in a prison the size of my own mind, paralysed by my own fears, with health professionals telling me they know my condition better than I know it myself.  If the force was real I would completely embrace the Dark Side right now and start throwing force lighting around like fireworks.

That said, Rob I'm really sorry to hear of your struggles. I can very much relate to anger as mine is threatening to tear me apart right now.  I've had three valium this week - a huge amount for me and unsustainable.  It's so hard to sit with the anger, to not have raging thoughts, to not pass a random person in the street and imagine them starting trouble with you so you'd have an excuse to clobber somebody - anybody - because it might make you feel better or superior, or just blow off some of that excess emotion that's eating you up inside.  But I'm going to try again.  Going to try and sit and feel my way out of it.  Maybe listen to a meditation and pray something works.  I hope you find something that works for you mate.

Popcorn's Art

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6982 on: December 24, 2019, 08:41:33 pm »
Thoughts with you all know it can be a tricky time of year xx
No time for caution.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6983 on: December 24, 2019, 09:31:27 pm »
Wishing all the very best to everyone who has posted in this thread about their struggles over the past year and beyond. I hope 2020 is a happier and healthier year for you all.

Take care everyone.

Good health.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6984 on: December 24, 2019, 10:24:57 pm »
I love and hate this time of year.

So many happy memories from my childhood that just reinforced how futile my efforts were to recreate the same for my own kids.

Love and peace to all and hope that we can survive the next few days.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #6985 on: December 24, 2019, 11:49:38 pm »
Just want to wish a merry christmas for anyone needing to visit this thread, and a happier new year.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6986 on: December 25, 2019, 02:26:13 am »
I love and hate this time of year.

So many happy memories from my childhood that just reinforced how futile my efforts were to recreate the same for my own kids.

Love and peace to all and hope that we can survive the next few days.

I've just tried to post a long heart one but that badgateway bollocks decided on it being posted .

At least you see them and have .. or can shape their lives .  I got Fleur Ananda Joy her first footie kit today but I've not got a clue on how to get it to her though. It's got number 7 on the back and Fleur too. My options are to get it to her are.

Go through her medical records which I think has her adrress on and go and knock on the door in the morning.

Or....

Go to a few pubs in South Liverpool hoping she'll be there.

PARENTAL ALIENIATION IS CHILD ABUSE !!

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #6987 on: December 25, 2019, 02:31:28 am »
Merry Christmas to everyone that has perused this thread over the years.

Go well next year.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6988 on: December 25, 2019, 07:19:11 am »
I've just tried to post a long heart one but that badgateway bollocks decided on it being posted .

At least you see them and have .. or can shape their lives .  I got Fleur Ananda Joy her first footie kit today but I've not got a clue on how to get it to her though. It's got number 7 on the back and Fleur too. My options are to get it to her are.

Go through her medical records which I think has her adrress on and go and knock on the door in the morning.

Or....

Go to a few pubs in South Liverpool hoping she'll be there.

PARENTAL ALIENIATION IS CHILD ABUSE !!
I feel for you mate and agree wholeheartedly about the abuse. 

Find her address and knock on the door, less likelihood of confrontation than trawling the pubs!

Wishing you all the best mate.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6989 on: December 25, 2019, 10:30:23 pm »
I feel for you mate and agree wholeheartedly about the abuse. 

Find her address and knock on the door, less likelihood of confrontation than trawling the pubs!

Wishing you all the best mate.

I found them at the first place . It went well but of course I cannot put it into words as I aways find it hard to explain stuff by type. Fleur loves me as her eyes don't lie. As they were getting off she was a bit reluctant to say goodbye to me but a quick ' I'm gonna get ya ' which is our cue for lets play chase she bolted for the chase. Mad day and so glad that I stood in my power with it and held me bottle as I was purely getting blanked for about 30 minutes. The Mother was sound with it all but when I say things like and we had a tiny chat about .. shes got your lips but I reckon shes got my eyes ... deffo an Irish chin . It was nice but when I go  ' This is twatting my head . Lets meet for a coffee to move things forward  ' It was met with the ' Let me think about it '. Ah . Man. Eh ? I do however ' feel ' today was a good move the same as the when I turned up at Fleurs school with a Unicorn for her a few weeks ago. The biggest and the strongest message I can give out is....

Iam not ... and never will walk away from my daughter !

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6990 on: December 26, 2019, 10:57:11 am »
I found them at the first place . It went well but of course I cannot put it into words as I aways find it hard to explain stuff by type. Fleur loves me as her eyes don't lie. As they were getting off she was a bit reluctant to say goodbye to me but a quick ' I'm gonna get ya ' which is our cue for lets play chase she bolted for the chase. Mad day and so glad that I stood in my power with it and held me bottle as I was purely getting blanked for about 30 minutes. The Mother was sound with it all but when I say things like and we had a tiny chat about .. shes got your lips but I reckon shes got my eyes ... deffo an Irish chin . It was nice but when I go  ' This is twatting my head . Lets meet for a coffee to move things forward  ' It was met with the ' Let me think about it '. Ah . Man. Eh ? I do however ' feel ' today was a good move the same as the when I turned up at Fleurs school with a Unicorn for her a few weeks ago. The biggest and the strongest message I can give out is....

I have every respect for fathers wanting to spend time with their children and no respect for mothers who prevent it, unless the father is an abuser obviously.

So happy that you got to spend time with her on Christmas day mate.

Ignore the mother for now though as Fleur is growing up and will soon let her know what she wants and that will be to spend more time with you to make up for missing so much of you.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6991 on: December 26, 2019, 05:35:46 pm »

I'm made up you got to see her Kesey mate, must have been wonderful for you.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6992 on: December 27, 2019, 12:50:44 am »
I'm made up you got to see her Kesey mate, must have been wonderful for you.

It was mate . Those little dimples of hers when she goes a bit shy and smiles at me totally melts my heart. There's no words to describe that feeling at all. Cheers Debs too for your words.

I got Fleur a footie kit with number 7 on the back with her name on it too. She looked confused god bless her as she is only 6.

Oh my little girl. One day I'll tell you all about King Kenny  .

;D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6993 on: January 8, 2020, 11:36:09 am »
My fourth rearranged and second crack at my latest ESA assessment today. My mate's brother went on Sunday but they were a nurse short and couldn't see him. Really hoping I can be seen in a reasonable amount of time today. This has been dogging me since October and I dont feel I can make any kind of plans with it hanging over me.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6994 on: January 8, 2020, 06:47:40 pm »
My fourth rearranged and second crack at my latest ESA assessment today. My mate's brother went on Sunday but they were a nurse short and couldn't see him. Really hoping I can be seen in a reasonable amount of time today. This has been dogging me since October and I dont feel I can make any kind of plans with it hanging over me.

How did it go, mate?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6995 on: January 8, 2020, 06:57:52 pm »
How did it go, mate?

Was in there for three and a half hours mate.  Assessment alone was 90 minutes because I have it recorded.  Got the shakes so bad at one point they had to pause the assessment.  Stood up for a bit with my rate hate shaking like a monkey jerking off in a tornado and my legs nearly gave out.

Got through it though.  My advocate said the woman who did the assessment was very nice and good and much better than the girl we had back in June.  I'll defer to my advocate's judgement and hope to fuck they leave me alone for a bit longer this time.  She did at least go through my conditions very meticulously so I'm hopeful. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6996 on: January 8, 2020, 07:08:18 pm »
Was in there for three and a half hours mate.  Assessment alone was 90 minutes because I have it recorded.  Got the shakes so bad at one point they had to pause the assessment.  Stood up for a bit with my rate hate shaking like a monkey jerking off in a tornado and my legs nearly gave out.

Got through it though.  My advocate said the woman who did the assessment was very nice and good and much better than the girl we had back in June.  I'll defer to my advocate's judgement and hope to fuck they leave me alone for a bit longer this time.  She did at least go through my conditions very meticulously so I'm hopeful. :)
Sounds like a tough day. Glad you got through it, and it seems like you got a decent assessor too.

Fingers crossed for the right outcome. Let us know what happens.

All the best.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6997 on: January 8, 2020, 07:32:07 pm »
Sounds like a tough day. Glad you got through it, and it seems like you got a decent assessor too.

Fingers crossed for the right outcome. Let us know what happens.

All the best.

Thanks.  One of my besties got assessed at Clockview today, been diagnosed with PTSD and severe depression.  She's one of the most compassionate people I know and her hugs have got me through some rough shit over the past 18 months so I hope she can start her own road to recovery soon.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #6998 on: January 16, 2020, 10:14:24 pm »
So I feel like I really need to write something because I'm in a really bad place mentally right now. Over the past few months I've felt my mental health deteriorating and I really have no idea how to get out of it. I constantly feel terrible about myself and my life. I want to share how I feel as I really don't feel like I have anyone who I can really speak to about how I'm feeling. I've always hated myself to a certain extent probably because of constant bullying as a child making it in impossible to have any self esteem or positive feelings about myself. This has been a constant throughout my life but I learnt to cope with it to some extent as it became normal. Then about 2 years ago it all seemed to change out of nowhere. I met loads of friends and a girlfriend who I loved. Everything felt good and I felt like life was going well. Then, almost as quickly, it went back to being shit. I broke up with my girlfriend and also most of my friends began to lose contact with me leaving me feeling lonelier than ever. I now have had a taste of what it's like to not be completely lonely and I don't think I'll ever get it back. I write this as I'm really worried that I might do something stupid. The only thing that's really keeping me from ending it all is that I fear death and am scared of the idea of nothingness but I have suicidal thoughts daily and feel like life isn't really worth living. I genuinely don't think I can name a single thing I like about myself. At least if I was a better person I could at least feel like I don't deserve what I get but I don't think I can even say that about myself as it feels like I've brought this on to myself. I just wish I was better.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6999 on: January 17, 2020, 12:23:22 am »
I just wish I was better.

You are .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi