Author Topic: Unemployed Rawkites  (Read 252625 times)

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
Re: Unemployed Rawkites
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2009, 02:00:35 am »
I think I sent of 350 CV's before I even got my first interview.

And Im not talking online applications or emails here.

My point is just keep applying and sooner or later you will get a call.

Agree with that, think I applied for about 50 jobs, had one responce and got the job. The rest never even bothered to reply.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2009, 02:46:18 am »
Agree with that, think I applied for about 50 jobs, had one responce and got the job. The rest never even bothered to reply.
did u use your avatar as a pic on your cv tho Ben? might have been a bit too radical for some ! :D

Offline kopindian

• Legacy Fan
    • Films I Watch
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2009, 09:04:24 am »
Finished graduation in may 08 and was placed in an IT company.Because of the crisis they haven't called yet.Thinking of doing an MBA(finance) if they don't call within 3 months.Not looking
for other jobs as i would rather do the MBA,but it will finish only by june 2012.
Really enjoying the period(after 18 years of education) watching lots of movies,some reading etc.

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Cheeky bleeder. Thinks the mods are here to answer to his beck and call
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2009, 09:18:12 am »
Finished graduation in may 08 and was placed in an IT company.Because of the crisis they haven't called yet.Thinking of doing an MBA(finance) if they don't call within 3 months.Not looking
for other jobs as i would rather do the MBA,but it will finish only by june 2012.
Really enjoying the period(after 18 years of education) watching lots of movies,some reading etc.

& now you do everything twice just to fill the time ?

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2009, 10:52:10 am »
So how are my fellow dolites today ? ?

Fuckin BT interview yesterday pissed me right off , I say Interview , wasnt even that ,
anyway a new day today , am tired as fuck couldnt sleep last night at all . . .

Applied for 3 jobs already today and its only 10.50am , not bad eh :)
am watching " homes under the hammer " fuckin bullshit to be honest . . . . that geezer on it really annoys me for some
reason .

Anyway hope all is well , Gluck to you all . :)
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline kopindian

• Legacy Fan
    • Films I Watch
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2009, 12:38:06 pm »
& now you do everything twice just to fill the time ?
Haha.Was posting from my mobile with a crappy connection.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2009, 12:58:01 pm »
Just off to an interview now - first one in about 7 years so not overly confident!

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2009, 01:02:03 pm »
Just off to an interview now - first one in about 7 years so not overly confident!

Best of luck, Nick.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2009, 02:02:13 pm »

Good luck mate , go get em .
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2009, 02:38:57 pm »
GL nick

Just got back from my appointment, longest one in a while because i asked a few questions about this new thing there bringing in , £500 to an employer if they take you on, £500 to them after 26 weeks if your still employed by them and also upto £1500 again to the employer for training aswell

Put it on my cv/covering letter maybe some will see it as a sweetner to take me on, fingers crossed

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2009, 02:52:29 pm »
GL nick

Just got back from my appointment, longest one in a while because i asked a few questions about this new thing there bringing in , £500 to an employer if they take you on, £500 to them after 26 weeks if your still employed by them and also upto £1500 again to the employer for training aswell

Put it on my cv/covering letter maybe some will see it as a sweetner to take me on, fingers crossed

You only applying for jobs in liverpool phil?

I couldn't find anything up here so had to move to london.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2009, 03:24:52 pm »
You only applying for jobs in liverpool phil?

I couldn't find anything up here so had to move to london.

Im actually waiting on someone (friend of a friend) to get back to me about working in London actually, 10 days on 4 days off, but apart from that no i aint applied for one

why there loads of gas/plumbing work down there?

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2009, 03:28:58 pm »

why there loads of gas/plumbing work down there?

Well I found there were loads more oppurtunities when applying for jobs in my field (accountancy).

Couldn't find work in liverpool for love nor money and was just fed up so I decided to try my luck elsewhere. I found a job in London within one month of applying down there.

The north west has been hit the hardest in the whole country during this recession so I would confidently say your chances would be much better down south.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2009, 03:31:34 pm »
Well I found there were loads more oppurtunities when applying for jobs in my field (accountancy).

Couldn't find work in liverpool for love nor money and was just fed up so I decided to try my luck elsewhere. I found a job in London within one month of applying down there.

The north west has been hit the hardest in the whole country during this recession so I would confidently say your chances would be much better down south.

I would consider it possibly on a mon-fri basis or like the job i may possibly get 10 on 4 off , but wouldnt fancy a move down there full time, ive got a near 4 yr old so wouldnt do it permanent

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2009, 03:33:33 pm »
I would consider it possibly on a mon-fri basis or like the job i may possibly get 10 on 4 off , but wouldnt fancy a move down there full time, ive got a near 4 yr old so wouldnt do it permanent

Ah thats fair enough, didn't realise you had a kid.

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2009, 03:35:35 pm »
Ah thats fair enough, didn't realise you had a kid.

No worries cheers anyway , i know theres loads of work for the olympic stuff which is what i might be able to get on, problem is though the fella who is sorting it got battered in London the other week and is in a bad way broken jaw etc etc and has been in ozzy so im no further with that one

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2009, 03:41:02 pm »
Bloody hell  :o

If anyone is interested there are quite a few jobs going at London Zoo.

Mate of mine just turned up on the day and got a job (nothing glamorous but it pays the bills)

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2009, 03:45:53 pm »
im after any job anwhere. Only problem with me getting a job is i need wednesdays off. That is so i cna attend college to finish my AAT qualification. I am living off my parents £20 a week for food :( I need a job
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline ds2190

• Simon Cowell + Oswald Moseley's pernickety lovechild
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2009, 04:43:39 pm »
Bloody hell  :o

If anyone is interested there are quite a few jobs going at London Zoo.

Mate of mine just turned up on the day and got a job (nothing glamorous but it pays the bills)

Got any details mate?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2009, 05:17:28 pm »
Came out of my interview and almost bumped into Rick Parry - if he's going for the same job then I must be a dead cert! Was quite weird - I'm always pessimistic and am not really sure how it went. I got my point across quite well at times but on other questions felt like I was rambling a bit when I should have taken the 'less is more' approach.

Got another interview somewhere else tomorrow so it's all good practice at least.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2009, 06:55:01 pm »
Came out of my interview and almost bumped into Rick Parry - if he's going for the same job then I must be a dead cert! Was quite weird - I'm always pessimistic and am not really sure how it went. I got my point across quite well at times but on other questions felt like I was rambling a bit when I should have taken the 'less is more' approach.

Got another interview somewhere else tomorrow so it's all good practice at least.

Was it for the Circus then ?  :lickin

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2009, 07:02:45 pm »

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2009, 10:55:18 pm »
Got any details mate?

Unfortunately I don't sorry mate.

All I know is my mate turned up with his passport and NI number and he got offered a job. He didn't have to provide a CV or anything like that.

I can try and get the details from him next time I see him.

Offline ds2190

• Simon Cowell + Oswald Moseley's pernickety lovechild
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2009, 11:02:48 pm »
Unfortunately I don't sorry mate.

All I know is my mate turned up with his passport and NI number and he got offered a job. He didn't have to provide a CV or anything like that.

I can try and get the details from him next time I see him.

If you could that'd be appreciated :wave

Offline Kaka 22

• Bayern Munich Supporters Club, Member No. 00001
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2009, 11:32:39 pm »
I feel well dirty going down the dole centre and when people walk past seeing you go in they think you are as equally dirty as the other little smackhead diadora tracky wearing plebs

those little machines are incredible though - seriously very efficent piece of machinery.

people who say the place is shit, i really don't know what more they want a machine which tells you of every place which has jobs and a free phone to ring them up and enquire, gota do abit of work yourself if you want a job - they arent gona come looking for you.

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2009, 11:55:49 pm »
Theres jobs going in the DWP admin officers throughout merseyside area and elsewhere, working in the jocentreplus dealing with clients face to face if anyone else is interested,

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/working/vacancies.asp
"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #106 on: April 1, 2009, 08:06:34 am »
people who say the place is shit, i really don't know what more they want a machine which tells you of every place which has jobs and a free phone to ring them up and enquire, gota do abit of work yourself if you want a job - they arent gona come looking for you.

As easy as that is it ? Those machines have no suitable jobs and big swizz they have a free phone

You should work for the job centre with an attitude like that , cheek, you gotta do a bit of work yourself, the amount of CV's, covering letters , phone calls etc ive made

you wanna tell that to the people who dont want jobs and im not one of them
« Last Edit: April 1, 2009, 08:09:13 am by Waterloo Phil »

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #107 on: April 1, 2009, 12:08:52 pm »
As easy as that is it ? Those machines have no suitable jobs and big swizz they have a free phone

You should work for the job centre with an attitude like that , cheek, you gotta do a bit of work yourself, the amount of CV's, covering letters , phone calls etc ive made

you wanna tell that to the people who dont want jobs and im not one of them

Here here ,

The employees of the JobcentrePlus centre arent there to help people to find work , although thats what they will have you believe , they are there to keep tabs on you , thats it .
Not once has any of them ever offered me any help to look for work or try and better my chances of finding work , which to me is their job .

Offline Redzippy

• Kopite
  • Woof woof ! - sick of it i tells yer !
« Reply #108 on: April 1, 2009, 12:54:56 pm »
Oh well - as of this Friday... i will be jobless. :(

Dont mind a bit of time off... but any longer than a couple of months out & i reckon i'll be climbing the walls !
Y-N-W-A

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 1, 2009, 01:25:00 pm »
Theres jobs going in the DWP admin officers throughout merseyside area and elsewhere, working in the jocentreplus dealing with clients face to face if anyone else is interested,

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/working/vacancies.asp

Cheers for that link, found a job round my way on that. I'll apply later.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #110 on: April 1, 2009, 01:26:20 pm »
Here here ,

The employees of the JobcentrePlus centre arent there to help people to find work , although thats what they will have you believe , they are there to keep tabs on you , thats it .
Not once has any of them ever offered me any help to look for work or try and better my chances of finding work , which to me is their job .

exactly i have struggled to hold down a job since i left school am now 24 i have been in on the dole more often than not all the jobs i have applied for have been off my own back the job centre are a waste of time as far as am concerned
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #111 on: April 1, 2009, 01:28:50 pm »
Oh well - as of this Friday... i will be jobless. :(

Dont mind a bit of time off... but any longer than a couple of months out & i reckon i'll be climbing the walls !

Sorry to hear that mate , good luck finding something new .

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #112 on: April 1, 2009, 01:32:43 pm »
exactly i have struggled to hold down a job since i left school am now 24 i have been in on the dole more often than not all the jobs i have applied for have been off my own back the job centre are a waste of time as far as am concerned

Sorry to hear thst lfc_col , Did you see Newsnight last night ? ? A couple on there who had lost their jobs , having their house repossesed because the government dont help with mortgage payments , the jobcentre gave them zero help looking for work aswell ...............
and at the same time weve got PM's with their expense accounts  , the countries just a massive hypocrisy and it stinks.

I feel a revolution coming on  ;D

Cheaper drugs now  ;D Make poverty history

Offline Redzippy

• Kopite
  • Woof woof ! - sick of it i tells yer !
« Reply #113 on: April 1, 2009, 02:08:37 pm »
Its a fucking pisstake - people who want to work cant get a job & c*nts who cant be arsed get benefits comin out their ears..

I cant claim a fuckin penny of benfit cos i had the sense to put money away for a rainy day -

I've been lucky in that i havent been out of work for the 13 yrs since i left college - i paid me NI & Tax... and wot do i get ... FUCK ALL thats wot !

Bitter or wot... maybe i should go supporting Everton !  :)
Y-N-W-A

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: April 1, 2009, 02:51:54 pm »
anyone else decided to carry on with further education while they cant find a job?

I fucked up not applying for grad jobs after my second year then in june when i graduated from my acc + finance degree, well LOL fucking joke trying to get something that will get me on my way in accounting. So now im doing some ACCA exams to get them out of the way and maybe show a would be employer i still give a fuck. So pretty much given up looking until after my exams in june.

Worst thing is before I started the course when people asked 'so what are you up to these days' and the answer was 'looking for a job(still :-[)' the answer would just mask the the fucking bum look.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2009, 03:16:04 pm by LFCfan4Life »
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: April 1, 2009, 03:30:00 pm »
anyone else decided to carry on with further education while they cant find a job?

I fucked up not applying for grad jobs after my second year then in june when i graduated from my acc + finance degree, well LOL fucking joke trying to get something that will get me on my way in accounting. So now im doing some ACCA exams to get them out of the way and maybe show a would be employer i still give a fuck. So pretty much given up looking until after my exams in june.

Worst thing is before I started the course when people asked 'so what are you up to these days' and the answer was 'looking for a job(still :-[)' the answer would just mask the the fucking bum look.

I would do, but i'm pretty skint so couldn't really even fund doing a course at the moment.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #116 on: April 1, 2009, 07:44:16 pm »

Its a good idea that and will keep you busy.

Where are you up to in your ACCA exams?

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: April 1, 2009, 11:32:05 pm »
Its a good idea that and will keep you busy.

Where are you up to in your ACCA exams?

taking F6 and F8 to finish off my fundamentals, leaving the professional until december sitting when hopefully i've found a job  that will fund it.

because bpp+exemptions+membership+exam entry isn't cheap :(
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #118 on: April 2, 2009, 12:19:19 am »
taking F6 and F8 to finish off my fundamentals, leaving the professional until december sitting when hopefully i've found a job  that will fund it.

because bpp+exemptions+membership+exam entry isn't cheap :(

You should easily find something before december if you only have the professionals left.

As long as your salary expectations are not unrealistic.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: April 2, 2009, 11:59:28 am »
You could keep your eyes in Liverpool Direct, its a joint venture with the City Council and they take on a lot of customer contact adviser's on. Once you are in promotion is a possibility.

http://www.liverpooldirectlimited.co.uk/jobs/

Good luck to you all anyway.