Author Topic: Sunderland  (Read 85693 times)

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
Re: Sunderland
« Reply #40 on: March 8, 2012, 01:18:27 pm »
well I've got row 44..

Yeah I think there are 45 rows

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 8, 2012, 06:30:04 pm »
Would I be able to get to the train station for 5:30pm?
« Last Edit: March 8, 2012, 06:39:46 pm by DougLFC94 »

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: March 8, 2012, 07:11:19 pm »

I'm planning on getting that train too... back to Carlisle & then down to Preston & onto Ormskirk...  Worked out about £15 cheaper than just booking straight through from Liverpool

googlemaps tells me it's 1 mile walk from the ground so should be sound as long as we're on our toes!

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #43 on: March 8, 2012, 07:13:12 pm »

Should do mate! only a 5-10 min walk from ground
Allez Allez Allez

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 8, 2012, 11:00:22 pm »
Shut up.
Well edited. If it's shite towards the back, we're moving forward by the way.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 9, 2012, 08:32:02 am »
Well edited. If it's shite towards the back, we're moving forward by the way.

Do what you want, there will be no room.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46 on: March 9, 2012, 12:16:56 pm »
I'm planning on getting that train too... back to Carlisle & then down to Preston & onto Ormskirk...  Worked out about £15 cheaper than just booking straight through from Liverpool

googlemaps tells me it's 1 mile walk from the ground so should be sound as long as we're on our toes!

About a 20 min walk to Sunderland Station, although the Metro stops near the SOL, i wouldn't catch it straight after a game.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #47 on: March 9, 2012, 12:29:10 pm »
If i were you, i would head out in newcastle. If there's a few of you it's well worth the taxi afterwards, far better night out than sunderland!

I'd get the Metro to Newcastle rather than a Taxi, there's couple of stations by the Stadium Of Light & the Metro's quite frequent as well, but i'd either do Newcastle or South Shields for the night out. Went to South Shields a couple of years ago for a Stag Do, it was a good night out, loads of cheap B&Bs down Ocean Road 2 minutes from the Town Centre, plus a few Curry Houses opposite.
#Sausages

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #48 on: March 9, 2012, 07:05:12 pm »
Do what you want, there will be no room.

There'll be plenty, loads of spares about.

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #49 on: March 9, 2012, 07:17:43 pm »
Is there a pub every one is going to before hand or just scattered about a few near stadium?

Offline HuytonRed_91

• Anny Roader
  • Scouser's rule the country
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2012, 02:52:20 pm »
for anyone interested, i have a mate who is a season ticket holder at sunderland and he has said that away fans are now located in the opposite end of the ground in the upper tier. with up to potentially 3200 tickets avaiable
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 03:43:33 pm by HuytonRed_91 »
Come on you mighty reds

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2012, 03:36:38 pm »
for anyone interest, i have a mate who is a season ticket holder at sunderland and he has said that away fans are now located in the opposite end of the ground in the upper tier. with up to potentially 3200 tickets avaiable
Be interesting to see if they up our allocation this season as we normally get about 2,400

Offline HuytonRed_91

• Anny Roader
  • Scouser's rule the country
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2012, 03:44:54 pm »
Be interesting to see if they up our allocation this season as we normally get about 2,400

it will be yeah, hopefully we get more than in recent seasons.
Come on you mighty reds

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2012, 03:47:35 pm »
The away end is now in the north stand upper tier behind the goal opposite to last seasons away end in the south stand.

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2012, 03:52:26 pm »

for anyone interested, i have a mate who is a season ticket holder at sunderland and he has said that away fans are now located in the opposite end of the ground in the upper tier. with up to potentially 3200 tickets avaiable
only just saw this mate sorry ;D

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2012, 11:59:34 pm »
The away end is now in the north stand upper tier behind the goal opposite to last seasons away end in the south stand.

Be shit that, I quite liked the away area at Sunderland as it was you was fairly close to the pitch.

Online willss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2012, 08:41:56 pm »
Just had a quick look around.  Reading are getting 1500 with a further 1500 available.  Great if we get 3000 for this.  Also, it appears that we are not a category B side so tickets are £27 !!  It does also say that u16 tickets are £21 which seems a bit steep as they say all child tickets are £10-15.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarįs Solo.
« Reply #57 on: January 1, 2017, 07:41:44 pm »
Best places for parking anyone?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 1, 2017, 09:20:44 pm »
Best places for parking anyone?

Try Wayferer Road by the river off Queens Road,  10 mins from our end. There is a path from the end of Wayferer Road up to Queens Road.  From the A19 turn onto Wessington Way then right at Colima Avenue onto the industrial estate at the second roundabout.   Go through the industrial estate towards Wayferer Road.  The traffic on Wessington Way is gridlocked if you get too close to the ground.   
We are Loyal Supporters

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 1, 2017, 09:48:17 pm »
Try Wayferer Road by the river off Queens Road,  10 mins from our end. There is a path from the end of Wayferer Road up to Queens Road.  From the A19 turn onto Wessington Way then right at Colima Avenue onto the industrial estate at the second roundabout.   Go through the industrial estate towards Wayferer Road.  The traffic on Wessington Way is gridlocked if you get too close to the ground.   

Thanks for that, just been reading about their free Park and Ride too.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 3, 2017, 03:58:51 pm »

Thanks so much for this tip, it was a perfect spot to park. :)