Author Topic: Purslow  (Read 56408 times)

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
Re: Purslow
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 11:29:18 pm »
He was brought in to find investment. He failed miserably.

Simplistic.

"Investment" meant keeping Hicks and Gillett. Extrapolate what you want from that.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2010, 11:29:57 pm »
A banker that was involved with removing Rafa. A banker that was involved with hiring Hodgson.

We need footballing minds, this isn't Purslow FC.

A banker who gave Carra a three year extension. When reading about Henry talking about only giving long term contracts to player with future potential you could say that even for a banker he did a hell of a bad job.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2010, 11:38:27 pm »
Purslow was, I suspect, in a tricky position with some players wanting an 'arm around the shoulder' (I don't think the press telling us that last year was plucked out of the ether). He probably made the best decision to retain them as they're more valuable to a prospective buyer, but obviously Roy has turned out to be all wrong from a footballing standpoint. I thought it would be mid-table at worst, probably after a decent start.

Sorry, can't agree.  Pandering to senior pros is never ever the right thing to do.  Torres clearly wasn't going to leave because of Rafa so who are these senior pros, Gerrard and Carra?  I'm sure any prospective buyer who knows their arse from their elbow, which Henry does, would have recognised the importance of a top class coach rather than two 30 something players, one in rapid decline.  Are we seriously suggesting NESV or anyone else wouldn't have been interested in the club if Gerrard wasn't playing for us?  Find that a little hard to believe.

Unbelievably stupid to give senior pros the amount of power they have at Liverpool.  It's not just Purslow by the way - Parry's almost tearful rejoice when he'd persuaded Stevie to stay was an indication of how things were going.  It needs to be nipped in the bud immediately.

Don't want it to sound like I'm ripping Gerrard, at least he's had the decency to step up this season.  He's a good lad, makes diabolical decisions though at times and needs saving from himself - pandering to him is a disaster, for him and the club.

Offline Parpello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2010, 11:49:47 pm »
He's got to be applauded for getting rid of the parasites but on footballing matters the mans out of his depth.

The £9m its cost to exchange Rafa for Hodgson is going to cost many more millions to rectify, he should go before the plaudits run out next week.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 11:51:58 pm »
Genuinely mystified why this bloke seems to be popular now. Broughton, fine, did his job well. Purslow? A snake.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2010, 12:03:41 am »
I don't know why people are praising him for voting for NESV, not as if it wasn't in his best interests.

He was brought in to find investment. He failed miserably.

In a bit Chrissy.

Im not sure that true at all.

Anyway , Im eternally grateful for helping oust them lot, it remains to be seen how good or bad NESV are or will be.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2010, 12:04:28 am »
Simplistic.

"Investment" meant keeping Hicks and Gillett. Extrapolate what you want from that.

Nice.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2010, 12:13:01 am »
Genuinely mystified why this bloke seems to be popular now. Broughton, fine, did his job well. Purslow? A snake.

Without him, we would not have had the board majority. He was firmly on the side of the supporters and what was best for the club in standing up to Hicks and Gillett, alongside Broughton and Ayre, and eventually removing them.

The ownership saga aside, he has definitely grown too powerful. That goes without saying.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2010, 12:13:15 am »
£6 million for Rafa to leave.
£3 million compensation to Fulham for Roy Hogdson.

That's a lot of money to dole out for a club that didn't have any dosh to begin with.  Doesn't sound like too much of an astute numbers cruncher to me.

That being said, thanks for doing your part for getting rid of G&H.

Hate to fuck with your figures, but don't forget Juventus were willing to pay £6 million to buy Rafa out of his contract up until about a fortnight before he left. Now considering as Gulley has pointed out in another thread, Hodgson himself said the whole process of him signing took two months (so that means it was around the beginning of May when he was being courted) and Rafa left at the beginning of June, it means that Purslow PAID OUT £6 million when he could have actually been BRINGING IN £6 million for something that he was already planning to do. Net effect was that instead of spending £9 million to change manager, we could have had £3 million in the bank - net loss £12 million. If that is a self-proclaimed finance expert doing his job, I'd sooner have the fucking Count off Sesame Street as MD. Never mind investment banker, the fucker could do with one of these on his wall

Anyway, I genuinely would like to thank him for what he's done for us in the last few days. Say whatever you want about him as a man, but he'll always have my well wishes for his part in ridding us of those two twats. As for the future, I'm sure Mr Henry will have a better bean counter to do the job for him, someone who will stick to his abacus and slide rule, and well fucking away from football matters. So farewell Christian. While I find it hard to forgive some of your actions from the past, your place in folklore is almost assured, providing you go now and don't do something fucking even more idiotic by say sacking Hodgson and replacing him with Phil Brown.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2010, 12:14:54 am »
Sorry, can't agree.  Pandering to senior pros is never ever the right thing to do.  Torres clearly wasn't going to leave because of Rafa so who are these senior pros, Gerrard and Carra?  I'm sure any prospective buyer who knows their arse from their elbow, which Henry does, would have recognised the importance of a top class coach rather than two 30 something players, one in rapid decline.  Are we seriously suggesting NESV or anyone else wouldn't have been interested in the club if Gerrard wasn't playing for us?  Find that a little hard to believe.

Don't you know, Steven Gerrard is the bestest player in the world ever ::)
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2010, 12:15:50 am »

I totally agree.  Broughton was the architect of the swindle - Purslow just voted the right way.  Not taking anything away from him, he manned up and I'm grateful but I'm not going to get overly excited about it.

Sacking Rafa is unforgiveable and unforgettable.  If he has the common decency to say, sorry, I royally fcked that one up, I'll stand aside and let someone else make that decision this time then I'll just about respect him again.  I personally can see him going for Kenny, would be complete folly in my opinion but would satisfy Gerrard and Carra and complete his journey from villain to hero with the fans.

Offline L7S

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2010, 12:19:43 am »
Come on Purslow, be a man and sack Roy. If you are a fan, surely you can see wtf is happening now...

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2010, 12:24:05 am »

I am pretty much certain that Purslow's successor has already been identified by NESV ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2010, 12:24:44 am »
I'd rather Rick parry was given the job of finding our next manager. I say it in a flippant way but atleast he dealt with removing ged and bringing in rafa about as well as possible.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2010, 12:27:13 am »
I'd rather Rick parry was given the job of finding our next manager. I say it in a flippant way but atleast he dealt with removing ged and bringing in rafa about as well as possible.

I'd rather Rick fucking Astley was picking him rather than Purslow to be honest mate.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2010, 12:29:52 am »
I am pretty much certain that Purslow's successor has already been identified by NESV ...

Give the name then ? :p
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2010, 12:35:31 am »
Give the name then ? :p

I really don't want to start any baseless speculation, but one very interesting person was reported (by several respectable sources) of being involved in the takeover process ...

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2010, 12:37:06 am »
I'm Rafa's biggest fan and i mean that. I have a tattoo of his head on each of my balls to prove this - if anyone wants to see? I'd imagine you'd prefer to take my word for it but, was his leaving somehow necessary for a fully fledged attempt at removing the cancers? Or maybe that Rafa's power was diminished as a side effect of Purslow's pursuit from within of the cancers, meaning that he had to leave?

The situation to remove them from within must have started to develop since Purslow arrived and because he was pulling in a different direction to Rafa relationships fell apart and in the end Rafa had to leave because the resultant mess was too great.

I hated Purslow when Rafa left, hated him. He reminds me of Zoolander as well which makes it even worse but i absolutely despised him. I still think he's a jumped up little prick now but i do wonder whether the removal of a great manager and the replacing of him with a nice one is a small price to pay when faced with the long term effects the cancers staying on would've produced.

Purslow must have realised this early doors, hence his half-arsed attempts to find new investment because he really wanted them out. If Rafa leaving was a side effect of this then, no matter how much esteem we hold him in, in the end, it was for the greater good and perhaps if this was the case, the hatred towards Purslow could recede?

You're making things too complicated? Is CP a genius - he could be I guess.

But you know, he isn't. He wasn't the saviour of Liverpool either.
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2010, 12:38:06 am »
I really don't want to start any baseless speculation, but one very interesting person was reported (by several respectable sources) of being involved in the takeover process ...

Or on the other hand this fella ?
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/no-ordinary-joe-meet-the-red-sox-man-set-to-run-liverpool-2110314.html
"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2010, 12:41:58 am »

Fala! ;) I see... but just has been reading the article about Joe Januszewsky. Maybe a name to consider too...
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2010, 12:44:35 am »
He can go now. He has obvviously shown us that he is a complete and utter fucktard when it comes to any footballing decisions. And now that the business has been dealt with he can go.

But thanks you so much Christian for getting rid of the c*nts. A massive thank you!
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2010, 12:47:08 am »
Thanks for helping out with the takeover Christian. Well done.

This man is a snake though. I know that for a fact (and not just what happened managerial wise).

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2010, 12:47:59 am »
Or on the other hand this fella ?
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/no-ordinary-joe-meet-the-red-sox-man-set-to-run-liverpool-2110314.html

There is a great chance that Joe Januszewski will be NESV's resident representative on Merseyside, but Keith Edelman was also reported of being involved in the takeover process ... The British media have suggested that he is acting on the behalf of RBS, but that assumption was never really confirmed by any reliable source ...

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2010, 12:52:14 am »
Carra's new contract was the noose that hung him for me.

Absolutely despicable to do that knowing new owners and a probably a new manager were coming in in the following days and months.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2010, 01:00:08 am »
I would love to know where the notion that Purslow got rid of Hicks and Gillet comes from. He was busy stabbing the manager in the back, playing football manager, appointing Hodgson, lying through his back teeth and even threatening to take legal action against this very forum.

Right up to the point that Broughton pointed out that he and the RBS had complete 100% control of the constitution of the board and if he didn't do as he was told he would be removed and Broughton and the RBS would appoint someone who would.

All Purslow did was to switch sides AFTER it became abundantly clear that he had no option but to do as Broughton and the RBS wanted. Cecil fought in the trenches alongside his employers Hicks and Gillet until the righting was on the wall and then switched sides at the death and then ran over to the camera's fists pumping.

His actions were a managing directors equivalent of a wantaway player kissing the clubs badge.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2010, 01:03:04 am »

Offline Buzby

• Main Stander
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2010, 01:21:06 am »
I suspect Purslow will be moving on as NESV will want to appoint their own team, and when he does I think we owe him a debt of gratitude.

Some of the comments about him over the last few months have, in my opinion, been unfair. As much as I wish Rafa was still with us, I feel his departure was inevitable under the circumstances as I can't see how he could have stayed without assurances about funds from sales being reinvested in the team and clearly under H&G those assurances couldn't be provided. Likewise, sadly Hodgson was probably the best we could have hoped for in the situation we found ourselves in (and it was reasonable to believe he would have performed rather better than he has done)

The ire and insults should be directed at our former owners, not at someone who was asked to do a difficult job in impossible circumstances and ultimately played his part in resolving the situation.
"If the supporters like me, then it's only half as much as I like them." - K. Dalglish

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2010, 01:27:04 am »
Agreed. Purslow can go - having him here could seriously stuff up the next mangerial appointment and any transfer window dealings.

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2010, 02:42:50 am »
Someone the other day said that Purslow could be compared to Churchill, an effective war time leader, but for peace time he was no good and had to go. He made football decisions that he was totally unqualified to do, and in reality has set us back on the pitch possibly a couple of years. I forgive him personally, because his main task was to rid of us of the plague, and he did, and maybe last summer it was all just too much to keep rafa and gerrard/carra happy AND deal with the fuckers at the same time. We'll never know. But now, he must be removed immediately from being anywhere near football, which probably means he should move on. It would be difficult for him, but really I wish he would just resign with some dignity and get on with his life.

But the wreckage, and Rafa leaving, and the bad season, All of it was because our club was sick from the top down, and it infected everything......shit, purslow was only there in the first place because the club was at war, and rbs wanted a snake to fight to restore the club to balance. I can't blame purslow, he just reacted to the train wreck he found, and you cannot expect a snake to behave with wisdom. Wisdom would have kept rafa, but would the fuckers still be here?

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2010, 03:03:38 am »
His part in removing the clowns will not be forgotten but this snake should be removed on the following crimes alone:

-Leaking information to the press to undermine Rafa
-Waste a total of at least 9 million to replace Rafa by Hodgson
-Waste 4/5 million to replace Aquilani by Paulson
-Waste 4 million to replace Insua by Koncheski
-Spend 9 million to sign a new 2 years contract with Carragher right in the middle of the ownership war.

Immagine all or part of these funds were given to Rafa to strengthen the squad....................... :'(
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 03:11:41 am by UNO »

Offline Hal9000

• Feels much better now, he really does!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2010, 05:20:07 am »

Unbelievably stupid to give senior pros the amount of power they have at Liverpool.  It's not just Purslow by the way - Parry's almost tearful rejoice when he'd persuaded Stevie to stay was an indication of how things were going.  It needs to be nipped in the bud immediately.

Don't want it to sound like I'm ripping Gerrard, at least he's had the decency to step up this season.  He's a good lad, makes diabolical decisions though at times and needs saving from himself - pandering to him is a disaster, for him and the club.

Absolutely - excellent post

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2010, 06:10:13 am »
Don't know why Purslow is being singled out and getting the amount of flak he is getting but he did well to help save the club and get us sorted with the new owners.

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2010, 06:16:12 am »
Don't know why Purslow is being singled out and getting the amount of flak he is getting but he did well to help save the club and get us sorted with the new owners.

We all recognize it although AL555's post is interesting as usual.  It's whether he is suited to running the club and the answer is no: not on integrity or football expertise or sound management.  Purslow looks to me someone who thrives on politics rather than hard graft.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2010, 06:21:15 am »
We all recognize it although AL555's post is interesting as usual.  It's whether he is suited to running the club and the answer is no: not on integrity or football expertise or sound management.  Purslow looks to me someone who thrives on politics rather than hard graft.

Okey, but on what basis are we judging him on "integrity" and "politics" as compared to "hard graft?"

He is a CEO. He answers to the owners and the board. He does not have the license to do as he pleases because he doesn't own the club. At the end of the day, he does not have the final say on important decisions like sacking, recruiting managers. The owners did.

So, how is he a bandit?

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline lookieman

• Kopite
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2010, 07:53:03 am »
1. Wasn't it well known that David Maddock's "senior sources" was actually Purslow.

2. Allegedly, He went behind Rafa's Back to try and sign VdV. Apparently that led to a confrontation between both of them.

3. He gave the green light to sign Roy. I would not be surprised if he was the one who told Pellegrini that they were only interested in British Manager. That, in itself shows the sheer ineptitude on the football front imho

Offline BobbyDavro

• can't skate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2010, 08:02:03 am »
Don't like the man at all.  Don't like his pitch for celebrity status, for the way he dealt with Rafa, for the way he listens too much to two players, for getting Roy in because the press told him to and not because the bloke had any kind of track record worthy of the post, and for undermining Kenny's attempt to get the job in a holding role - which was exactly what was needed.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2010, 08:05:03 am »
Oops, already mentioned. Delete please.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:43:07 am by surfer »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2010, 08:08:51 am »
Looks like according to reports he's staying on folks.... I don't want him to choose a new manager although I don't think he'd admit he was wrong on that front in picking Roy anyway

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2010, 11:42:02 am »
Okey, but on what basis are we judging him on "integrity" and "politics" as compared to "hard graft?"

He is a CEO. He answers to the owners and the board. He does not have the license to do as he pleases because he doesn't own the club. At the end of the day, he does not have the final say on important decisions like sacking, recruiting managers. The owners did.

So, how is he a bandit?

Because he chose to work for Hicks and Gillet and helped them destroy the Club, make no mistake we have seen the back of Hicks and Gillet because the RBS no longer saw Hicks and Gillet as creditworthy customers and wanted their money back.

If they hadn't of come to that conclusion then the overwhelming likelihood is that Purslow would still be doing Hicks and Gillet's dirty work for them lying through his back teeth about the transfer budget, undermining OUR Manager,trying to silence SOS and Rawk,  trying to play football manager and leaking poison to his media chums.

If you want a wartime analogy for Purslow it wouldn't be Churchill it would be Lord Haw Haw, make no mistake Purslow was here to deliver the Hicks and Gillet propaganda, he is just lucky that the opportunity to switch sides AFTER the battle had been won fell into his lap.

Then a bit like Josemi in Istanbul he ran round fist pumping as if he was the hero, when in fact he had absolutely no influence on the outcome and is just a slimey two faced duplicitous chancer, who crucially has no integrity and no football knowledge or experience.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2010, 11:57:16 am »
Posted this in another thread:

With you 100%, as you know I'm a big Rafa fan, great managers who have "cultural fit" are a rare bird and should be handled accordingly.

But, on reflection, MB had to do what he did.  It was the shoot-out at OK Corral, and Rafa had to lose, CP had to stay on-board for the ultimate battle to rid us of G&H. 

Unfortunately, in this case, it was a lose to win situation, both results were unpalatable, but at the end of the day, losing the ownership battle was more destructive.

Now that's won though, it's time to bring the broom out and clean the place up.....CP needs to go, as does RH, and both ASAP.