Author Topic: Purslow  (Read 56503 times)

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
Re: Purslow
« Reply #200 on: October 19, 2010, 02:47:14 pm »
As much as I dont take Rafa's words as gospel, the man has made mistakes but rarely admits to them, this is spot on. IF this is indeed true then perhaps he should go but of course it could all be a clash of personalities.
im sure some more intelligent people than i in here could list atleast 20 times that Rafa has said "we made mistakes", or "clearly there were mistakes" etc. He is a perfectionist, and he is never happy with how we played or how we performed or set up and so on.. a perfectionist rues mistakes and his role in allowing them happen.

Rafa is a stubborn man, but he is a fantastic manager, has his heart in the right place, is trustworthy and immersed himself in the city, the fans and the culture. not easy to come by managers like this.

Offline cmh86

• Main Stander
« Reply #201 on: October 19, 2010, 02:47:45 pm »
It's time to move on and move Purslow on and have a complete fresh start. We need people on the board who know their stuff, their football and have a passion to win.
"Anyone who doesn't learn from Ian Rush needs shooting." Robbie Fowler

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #202 on: October 19, 2010, 02:50:26 pm »
Rafa has got a right to be angry over the way he was treated at the end but he also has to take reponsibility for a lot of the mistakes he made himself throughout his reign. Blaming Purslow for everything just doesn't cut it. I know he's pushed to comment by the Sky reporters but he should just tell them to get lost.

But he did take responsibility - He admitted a few times that he made some big mistakes last season.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #203 on: October 19, 2010, 02:51:06 pm »
What makes you so sure?

All I know is they will be asking Purslow for his side of the story, but no Rafa.

I don't know for sure. Know very little about them to be honest, just saying I doubt they got to where they are in the sports business by only looking at one angle and taking everything at face value.
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline foreverred1983

• Kopite
« Reply #204 on: October 19, 2010, 02:51:13 pm »
Could someone explain to me what the bottle of milk analogy is about? Obviously he is against Purslow and the power that he seems to have at the club but what is the milk abou?
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...

Offline won ton

• Anny Roader
« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2010, 02:51:18 pm »
Wheres it come from that gerrard carra and purslow all conspired to get rid of Rafa. Its poor form, if its nothing but a rumour thats ultimately being spread as gospel and being used as some sort of fact to back an arguement.

We'll hear all sides of the story, and ultimately all will be exaggerated in favour of the person telling the tale. I love Rafa for winning us the eurpoean cup and giving us some pride back, I have absolute respect for purslow for his major role in ousting the cancer from our club and giving us some hope for the future infact saving the club from the abyss. The rest of the childish finger pointing they can keep.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #206 on: October 19, 2010, 02:51:57 pm »
Ha ha ha

I love Rafa's press conferences
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Redeo

• Kopite
« Reply #207 on: October 19, 2010, 02:52:31 pm »
What Rafa was trying to say is that with Purslow, what you see is not what you get.
You see someone with a milk bottle, like John in the Wirral, you would assume its milk and nothing else.
In my mind Rafa is sending us a message that now that we are reorganizing the club we make sure to get what he believes is the real parasite out of the picture, which in his mind is Purslow.  The milk metaphor I understand as suggesting that if Purslow was at the core of all of the decisions that led to the downturn over the last 2 years or so then you can safely assume he has to be the one primarily responsible for the decisions - i.e. if a milkman carries a bottle full of white liquid, then it would be silly to assume its not milk.
Rafa's reference to conversations with certain players to me confirms that sadly some of our certain senior figures (we all know who they are/may be) had some ideas come to their heads.  Like an idea that they may be a little bit bigger than the club, which is sad to see really.  It also suggests that much may still be truly rotten in our dressing room, including some inter-player relations as other players who did not help in ousting Rafa, and were happy with his regime, are probably pissed at certain other players.  This furthermore suggests that what most folks around here (include me) perceive as Roy Hodgson's tactical cluelessness and lack of big-club prowess may not be solely responsible for our recent performances.  Ultimately, we may truly need to regenerate the club from the scratch!
It's a website mate. Names can't be named. If they were, there'd be mutiny. If they aren't, people will scream ... ask for proof. But you will never find 100% proof of anything on here. So, .. look at all evidence, weigh everything up and make a decision.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #208 on: October 19, 2010, 02:52:43 pm »
Could someone explain to me what the bottle of milk analogy is about? Obviously he is against Purslow and the power that he seems to have at the club but what is the milk abou?

It's basically a spade a spade. If it walk like a duck talks like a duck acts like a duck it's probably a a duck .... same thing

Offline Hannibal

• Kopite
« Reply #209 on: October 19, 2010, 02:53:19 pm »
One of his biggest mistakes was not curbing the "player power" problem.  He probably did not realize how serious it had become (i.e, his job was at stake), until he turned his back in the Forum and Brutus and company plunged their knives into him.

He knew about the player power and even spoke to Broughton about it according to Al 555 and I think it went the way described by JP-65 Here.  We needed Cecil for the fight against the owners and backing Purslow/Carra/Gerrard over Rafa was to ensure that we had that critical 3rd majority vote.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #210 on: October 19, 2010, 02:53:28 pm »
It's basically a spade a spade. If it walk like a duck talks like a duck acts like a duck it's probably a a duck .... same thing

Sid Lowe: But as @laesto says, caveat is that conclusion is obvious based on info you know (it's white in bottle) but that it *could* be something else
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #211 on: October 19, 2010, 02:53:35 pm »

I reckon it's from the proverb? “If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it must be a duck”.

Or, as Douglas Adams would have it; "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: October 19, 2010, 02:53:55 pm »

Something that is easy to deduce. similar to if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....

Offline WASSA

• matta you? Hey!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2010, 02:54:09 pm »
Given the highly likely departure of Roy if things don't change sharpish, this isn't Rafa throwing his hat into the ring, in NESVs face, is it? I mean, could he be letting Henry et al know he still has unfinished business? Or is that just me being a soppy twat?
'Going back to the topic, I wouldn't worry about Rafa. He's a big stubborn bingo apricot shitstain twat arse rimming dongsucker'  -  Cassiel 5/02/09

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #214 on: October 19, 2010, 02:54:13 pm »
One of his biggest mistakes was not curbing the "player power" problem.  He probably did not realize how serious it had become (i.e, his job was at stake), until he turned his back in the Forum and Brutus and company plunged their knives into him.

A benching or two of our big named players, and at least, even if was destined to be fired, he could have gone out with complete dignity.  As it is, I wonder if he has regret for not at least trying to play hardball with certain untouchable individuals.  In his defense, he had to fight the board and the owners.....the player power network would perhaps have been one too many

I'm not sure he could.... the big name players would have demanded he get sack immediately and leak that story to the media... backlash from most of the fans will be too overwhelming... many of us know that they should be benched or rested but few of us will be comfortable that a non-english manager will dare touch two home grown players...

Rafa hands were tied and you could see it throughout the year.  He tried putting Carra out on the right, stories started coming out that Carra wants to move on, he tried resting Gerrard (we did play better as a team during some period of his rest), everyone including our dog starts screaming that Rafa must play SG in CM... 

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #215 on: October 19, 2010, 02:54:23 pm »
I think it might be time for more ITKs to start speaking up on the "player power" that has ravaged Liverpool FC.  It is not at all healthy for the club to have players with such influence over football personnel matters.
Not going to happen. A lot of the ITK's are football reporters, and they're all part of this pandering to the ego's of football players. Even the journo's that are Liverpool fans.

Offline The Jackal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: October 19, 2010, 02:54:24 pm »

A benching or two of our big named players, and at least, even if was destined to be fired, he could have gone out with complete dignity.  As it is, I wonder if he has regret for not at least trying to play hardball with certain untouchable individuals.  In his defense, he had to fight the board and the owners.....the player power network would perhaps have been one too many

we don't know that he didn't try to curb it.. but at the time when he needed backing from the board, they sided with the players in question (Purslow) or washed their hands of it (Broughton)..

Offline Socrates7

• Main Stander
« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2010, 02:54:28 pm »
Tweet it, lads. I don't use twitter, but for those who do, henry's got an address. He'll be currently receiving information of the opposite nature from shortie (he's not a legend yet, right ?), do the necessary.

Done. Though I don't think it will make a difference. They will play it safe and keep Purslow on.
Dalglish: "If the supporters like me, then it's only half as much as I like them."

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2010, 02:54:48 pm »
The rest of the childish finger pointing they can keep.

It is not finger pointing, it is a calculated move. Rafa told the truth about the owners so that we knew what was going on, and now he is telling us that Purslow isn't the best thing for LFC either. This time, it isn't for any personal gains, he is just telling us that CP has to go as well.

Offline flying red

• Kopite
« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2010, 02:56:01 pm »
Wheres it come from that gerrard carra and purslow all conspired to get rid of Rafa. Its poor form, if its nothing but a rumour thats ultimately being spread as gospel and being used as some sort of fact to back an arguement.

Did you read post no 88?

Offline The Jackal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: October 19, 2010, 02:57:03 pm »
Given the highly likely departure of Roy if things don't change sharpish, this isn't Rafa throwing his hat into the ring, in NESVs face, is it? I mean, could he be letting Henry et al know he still has unfinished business? Or is that just me being a soppy twat?

I doubt he'd walk out on Inter - he's only just started his project there, and it's going pretty well so far.

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #221 on: October 19, 2010, 02:59:19 pm »
Occam's razor - the simplest explanation is the most likely

A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #222 on: October 19, 2010, 02:59:21 pm »
im sure some more intelligent people than i in here could list atleast 20 times that Rafa has said "we made mistakes", or "clearly there were mistakes" etc. He is a perfectionist, and he is never happy with how we played or how we performed or set up and so on.. a perfectionist rues mistakes and his role in allowing them happen.

Rafa is a stubborn man, but he is a fantastic manager, has his heart in the right place, is trustworthy and immersed himself in the city, the fans and the culture. not easy to come by managers like this.

I'll have a look at some articles and check that out , I dont remember him ever admitting he was to blame for anything but like you say he has a good heart and I have always admired that in him.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #223 on: October 19, 2010, 03:00:06 pm »
I'll have a look at some articles and check that out , I dont remember him ever admitting he was to blame for anything but like you say he has a good heart and I have always admired that in him.

Mate I just pointed you to an article go read it.

Offline GinuWhine

• Kopite
« Reply #224 on: October 19, 2010, 03:00:31 pm »
Legend. And for those calling that this is not TLW, I would contend it is. Standing up for your fellow supporters, revealing the truth, doing anything for your club, and make Shankly proud. THAT is The Liverpool Way. If the only way to support your club is to use the media, fuck it. Do what needs to be done. Priorities people, priorities.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #225 on: October 19, 2010, 03:02:45 pm »
Legend. And for those calling that this is not TLW, I would contend it is. Standing up for your fellow supporters, revealing the truth, doing anything for your club, and make Shankly proud. THAT is The Liverpool Way. If the only way to support your club is to use the media, fuck it. Do what needs to be done. Priorities people, priorities.

Well said. Think back to Shanks regard for our neighbours "If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden I'd draw the curtains"
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline myrlas