Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1043014 times)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 2018 - Who is worst Commentator/Pundit? Get your votes in and I'll add them
« Reply #4720 on: September 23, 2019, 01:45:13 pm »
Roy "i know everything better than anyone" Keane is also becoming boring as fuck. I would like to see less of him.
He's a weapon. Saw him at Manchester Airport when I used to work there, boarding a flight to Cork and he was standing right behind me. Turned round and didn't know it was him so I just walked away, thought it was a really close lookalike. One of my co-workers then goes to me "think you hurt his feelings mate, he just said I don't want anyone to know who I am."

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #4721 on: September 23, 2019, 01:50:43 pm »
To be fair, on my NBCSN stream, Graeme 'I hate Liverpool' Le Saux also got his knickers in a twist over Hendo 'manhandling' the Ref.  ::)

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4722 on: September 23, 2019, 01:54:26 pm »
Jonathan Pearce went completely weird last night on MOTD2.

Described the West Ham v Man Utd game as, and I had to write this down, "as lively as a Sunday tea at your Maiden Aunt's house. When you were eight. I remember them well. With pain".

There was a real intensity about the way he said it as well. I ended up feeling weirdly fascinated about what happened to Jonathan Pearce at his maiden aunt's house when he was a kid. (more interesting than the match he was commentating on to be fair).

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4723 on: September 23, 2019, 01:57:59 pm »
Him, Scholes and Neville, whenever they get a chance, moaning and complaining all the time about Man fucking United, talking constantly about their good old days and their winning mentality back in the day - jeez, I don't know who's willing to listen to that crap every week! Get them off screen!

I quite enjoy it. It makes me laugh how cross-eyed and constipated looking they get.

Rather than admit that number of players all coming through at the time time was a fluke, they carry on this 'Manchester United Way' Myth.

Thought Keane was thinking of lamping Souness when he said it was a fluke as well - except that Souness would mop the floor with him
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4724 on: September 23, 2019, 02:24:14 pm »
I quite enjoy it. It makes me laugh how cross-eyed and constipated looking they get.

Rather than admit that number of players all coming through at the time time was a fluke, they carry on this 'Manchester United Way' Myth.

Thought Keane was thinking of lamping Souness when he said it was a fluke as well - except that Souness would mop the floor with him

Keane hasn't got a patch on Souness in any way. As players, Keane used to try to bully and intimidate his opponents first and then let his football carry on from that, for me he would often get better as games went on using that. He relied on it heavily. Souness' football ability bullied and intimidate players from the off then he used his physical attributes to really dominate them.
As pundits now, Keane is very repetitive repetitive and offers zero insight into tactically what went wrong, he just harps on about winners and leaders.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4725 on: September 23, 2019, 02:29:20 pm »
To be fair, on my NBCSN stream, Graeme 'I hate Liverpool' Le Saux also got his knickers in a twist over Hendo 'manhandling' the Ref.  ::)

He also went on a weird tangent about how Chelsea should have been given a penalty when Adrian came to collect a cross protecting himself with his knee and clattered into Abraham. Seemed like he was joking at first but kept going on about it for a couple of minutes. Just a strange moment all around.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4726 on: September 23, 2019, 02:35:50 pm »
He also went on a weird tangent about how Chelsea should have been given a penalty when Adrian came to collect a cross protecting himself with his knee and clattered into Abraham. Seemed like he was joking at first but kept going on about it for a couple of minutes. Just a strange moment all around.

I remember that one! Went on about it for ages ... 'Anywhere else on the field, that'd be a red card.' He didn't have much to say when Kepa did exactly the same in the second half except Kepa didn't have two bruisers coming in on him like Adrian did.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4727 on: September 23, 2019, 02:43:54 pm »
I remember that one! Went on about it for ages ... 'Anywhere else on the field, that'd be a red card.' He didn't have much to say when Kepa did exactly the same in the second half except Kepa didn't have two bruisers coming in on him like Adrian did.

Anywhere else on the field it would be a red...for handling outside the area presumably?! Ridiculous argument (from him, not you). Players are hardly going to be jumping like that if they’re not trying to catch the ball

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4728 on: September 23, 2019, 02:50:21 pm »

yeah that was weird, cos no one on the pitch said a word! Everyone got on with it after he got treatment for the knock and when he was down, no one made any sort of fuss, it was just one of them things. But he actually said it should be a pen  ;D

Otherwise, NBCSN commentators aren't so bad, when I can be arsed having the volumn up that is -which I did yesterday! Often I just tune everything out.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4729 on: September 23, 2019, 03:05:34 pm »
Anywhere else on the field it would be a red...for handling outside the area presumably?! Ridiculous argument (from him, not you). Players are hardly going to be jumping like that if they’re not trying to catch the ball

Well exactly. Can't recall too many instances of players raising their knee when heading the ball. He's like Hoddle clutching at straws and inventing shit to criticise anyone playing 'his' team.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4730 on: September 23, 2019, 07:35:02 pm »
Just listening to Micah Richards on The Monday Night Club. Bloody hell. Thick as pigshit.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4731 on: September 23, 2019, 07:41:51 pm »
Just listening to Micah Richards on The Monday Night Club. Bloody hell. Thick as pigshit.
Imagine spending three years doing fuck all earning tens of thousands a week, and instantly walking into a punditry job when that contract ends

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4732 on: September 23, 2019, 07:47:13 pm »

It’s normally an alright listen but they’ve just said that was our first away win to a top 6 side since September 2016 which is wrong given we won at Spurs last season.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4733 on: September 23, 2019, 11:57:46 pm »
Roy "i know everything better than anyone" Keane is also becoming boring as fuck. I would like to see less of him.

In fairness to Keane, he gave a lot of credit to Adrian for the 1v1 save vs. Abraham at HT. Was just expecting him to rip Abraham to shreds for not scoring, but fair enough, he was quite complimentary of the way Adrian handled the situation.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4734 on: September 24, 2019, 12:05:43 am »

He beats loads of the other "Utd" pundits... hmmm ... well he beats Scholes anyway. Neville G and Rio are ok actually. Said back along somewhere but Arlo White is class and Lee Dixon is good as an analyst, normally Graham Le Saux is too but I guess everyone has their blind spot.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4735 on: September 24, 2019, 12:13:28 am »
Tyler’s been a c*nt for years.

Proper Thames Valley Ted-he was at Wembley with his lad years ago supporting Wycombe when I went to watch me mate play against them for Runcorn.

Twats probably a lifelong Chelsea season ticket holder. Kip of him on Sunday - “the boys in blue being roared on by the Bridge” fucking bellend.

Can’t wait for him to pop his clogs. I’ll just go round shouting; “And it’s Dead”

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #4736 on: September 24, 2019, 11:47:41 am »
Can I vote for Danny Mills three times please?

He seems to despise us - and I'm not entirely sure why

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4737 on: September 24, 2019, 11:52:19 am »
Imagine spending three years doing fuck all earning tens of thousands a week, and instantly walking into a punditry job when that contract ends

This is a gripe of mine with the Beeb of late. They seem to be giving any recently retired fucker a job regardless of how solid their punditry is. Richards is certainly one example.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #4738 on: September 24, 2019, 12:04:01 pm »
I think Gary Neville is interesting, as long as he’s not talking about United. He’s too invested to be a commentator for their games, because he just talks about United non stop as opposed to whoever they’re playing.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4739 on: September 24, 2019, 12:46:39 pm »
Can’t wait for him to pop his clogs. I’ll just go round shouting; “And it’s Dead”

I feel a bit bad for sniggering at that! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4740 on: September 24, 2019, 01:18:35 pm »
I think Gary Neville is interesting,
Got to agree I think he's about the best. He talks sense for the most part and puts it across well  - Yes he hates us - He played for Utd for 15 years, so go figure - but he's certainly not slow in laying the boot into Utd either - and when he does, it sometimes approaches comedy gold.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4741 on: September 24, 2019, 01:54:23 pm »
Got to agree I think he's about the best. He talks sense for the most part and puts it across well  - Yes he hates us - He played for Utd for 15 years, so go figure - but he's certainly not slow in laying the boot into Utd either - and when he does, it sometimes approaches comedy gold.
He still knows what he's loyal to though and does not hesitate to use his profile to stir the odd agenda up when the opportunity arises.
Wouldn't trust a word that comes out of his mouth.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4742 on: September 24, 2019, 01:56:12 pm »
I once got suckered in to thinking Gary Neville isn't a massive fucking helmet. Never again. The only main Sky commentator that I've any time for is Rob Hawthorne.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4743 on: September 24, 2019, 04:26:19 pm »
I once got suckered in to thinking Gary Neville isn't a massive fucking helmet. Never again.

:D

Well done, Ger...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
I think we've hit a new low when Jade Goody's ex husband is presenting BT Sport score and has a regulat slot on Talkshite radio talking football.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I think Gary Neville is interesting, as long as he’s not talking about United. He’s too invested to be a commentator for their games, because he just talks about United non stop as opposed to whoever they’re playing.

I actually think he's ok usually, not necessarily on commentary but on his analysis. But I certainly agree on the United games. It was hilarious at times listening to him having a shitfit about how far United are away from the top but if I'd be fuming if I was a West Ham fan tuning in to see my team 2-0 up and having to listen to a one man post-mortem on the team you are beating.

Him and Tyler should be kept well away from United games. And ours for that matter, sounded like we'd pissed in their cornflakes during the Arsenal game.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
Quite the opposite from the worst. I love the clips I've seen of Mourinho. The scorn he has for the overrated is delicious. Top of that list, of course, being Man Utd players.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Danny Mills. What on earth is that thing ?  He's a knob of the highest order.
I've read a lot on here about him hating us, and I thought maybe it was a bit of an exaggeration.  Honestly speaking, I could never bear to listen to him, once I heard his voice I switch off.
So he was on a radio show earlier while I was on a long drive, and as its give a useless twat a chance season I thought I'd give him a chance. Dear God. Never again. Back to switching him off right away. It's not paranoia, he really detests us for some weird reason. He must have an ex who was a red who done the dirt on him with his best mate or something.
The theme of the show seemed to be - who is the biggest club us or Utd. Some of the drivel he comes out with is pathetic and makes him look the same really. 2 people actually referred to his hatted of us and he didn't deny it once.
According to him - We cracked last season and couldn't handle the pressure, If we don't win the league this season serious questions need to be asked of Klopp and if he's good enough, Klopp has only won 1 trophy because the Super Cup doesn't count and players would rather win the league cup. That's just the ones I can remember
When someone disagreed with him and presented the case, it really sounded like he was having a huff
Baffling how he gets air time it really is. There's too much good people about who should be given a platform. He's Garth Crooks level of bad

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
Danny Mills. What on earth is that thing ?  He's a knob of the highest order.
I've read a lot on here about him hating us, and I thought maybe it was a bit of an exaggeration.  Honestly speaking, I could never bear to listen to him, once I heard his voice I switch off.
So he was on a radio show earlier while I was on a long drive, and as its give a useless twat a chance season I thought I'd give him a chance. Dear God. Never again. Back to switching him off right away. It's not paranoia, he really detests us for some weird reason. He must have an ex who was a red who done the dirt on him with his best mate or something.
The theme of the show seemed to be - who is the biggest club us or Utd. Some of the drivel he comes out with is pathetic and makes him look the same really. 2 people actually referred to his hatted of us and he didn't deny it once.
According to him - We cracked last season and couldn't handle the pressure, If we don't win the league this season serious questions need to be asked of Klopp and if he's good enough, Klopp has only won 1 trophy because the Super Cup doesn't count and players would rather win the league cup. That's just the ones I can remember
When someone disagreed with him and presented the case, it really sounded like he was having a huff
Baffling how he gets air time it really is. There's too much good people about who should be given a platform. He's Garth Crooks level of bad

https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1181654636291338241?s=19

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
I've probably posted this before but he annoys me so much that I'm going to put it in here again.

Ray Hudson.  I seek out liga highlights in other languages these days to avoid him. 

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
My god that man has got me triggered, what a c*nt.

AND its 2 trophies!

yeah but mate, its a European charity shield tho innit mate, dunt count mate

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Some people don't seem to understand how Talksport work. This is what they do, get someone on to say something controversial/stupid and then watch as the phone lines and social media light up.

Their listening figures or popularity increase and their sponsers are happy. Rinse and repeat.   
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nice to see Mills reinforcing his out-and-out no.1 position in our Poll of absolute wham-chatting pundits.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
Some people don't seem to understand how Talksport work. This is what they do, get someone on to say something controversial/stupid and then watch as the phone lines and social media light up.

Their listening figures or popularity increase and their sponsers are happy. Rinse and repeat.   

And Durham is the "best" at that.

He's had Arsenal fans triggered for a decade, he contradicts himself weekly, if not daily.  His stock response to an argument is usually to tell you why you are wrong and then explain something totally off point,

Like you say, enrage and engage....the sponsors love it and no doubt he gets paid a fortune for being a twat

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan

I think most people are aware of that...but Danny Mills hasn't really said anything there that he wouldn't on his BBC appearances.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
And Durham is the "best" at that.

He's had Arsenal fans triggered for a decade, he contradicts himself weekly, if not daily.  His stock response to an argument is usually to tell you why you are wrong and then explain something totally off point,

Like you say, enrage and engage....the sponsors love it and no doubt he gets paid a fortune for being a twat
I stopped listening to it years ago once I realised what was happening every day. They get fans so enraged they can hardly talk coherently or get their point across, meanwhile they’ll be cut off or muted while Durham tell everyone why the caller is wrong and the caller doesn’t have an opportunity to respond. 

The only time I’ve enjoyed someone falling for this trick was when Carragher ran him after he called him a bottler and he shit himself.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
I think most people are aware of that...but Danny Mills hasn't really said anything there that he wouldn't on his BBC appearances.
But it’s the same effect but for a different reason. As a guest or presenter you can stand out from the crowd by either being very insightful with in-depth knowledge of the game and tactics or, if you’re thick as shit, you try to be controversial and opinionated.

Unfortunately we live in a world where the latter is encouraged more or given greater influence, like Chris Sutton, Robbie Savage, Danny Murphy etc etc.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
But it’s the same effect but for a different reason. As a guest or presenter you can stand out from the crowd by either being very insightful with in-depth knowledge of the game and tactics or, if you’re thick as shit, you try to be controversial and opinionated.

Unfortunately we live in a world where the latter is encouraged more or given greater influence, like Chris Sutton, Robbie Savage, Danny Murphy etc etc.

Sure. But I don't think Sutton, Savage or Murphy are incessantly biased against one team in the way Mills is against us.

I've actually grown to quite like Sutton fwiw...he's an oddball, but a funny one. Him and Alistair Bruce-Ball have saved 606.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2019, 10:42:33 am by LallanaInPyjamas »