Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5737091 times)

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Artettacking Front Four?
« Reply #54800 on: December 21, 2019, 10:37:15 pm »
We've had 2 managers in 22 years and your having a go at Arsenal fans for their patience?  ;D ;D

One who was treated appallingly by a large section of your fanbase. Booing is a common thing at the Emirates, it's a very fickle fanbase and not a small contingent either. Had it been up to them Wenger would have walked years back, if anything it is the leadership who had patience...
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #54801 on: December 21, 2019, 10:39:22 pm »
Arsenal fans turning on AFTV'S Robbie outside Goodison today. :o

https://twitter.com/Lavender_901/status/1208399011687870465

Good! About bloody time
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #54802 on: December 21, 2019, 11:19:02 pm »
It's a bit like Everton in that at the moment nobody knows what qualifies as success. It's a results driven game. There is no patience for a slow rebuild and a league , maybe even fa cup will not be enough.
I guess we learnt you have to fall as far as hodgson to realise that a club no longer 'deserves' success or has a right to it. We did phenomenonally well to get klopp. Rodgers is clearly top class but sections of our fanbase were getting impatient. I think almost any manager in the world would have struggled to do better than Rodgers. We did incredibly well to appoint klopp.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54803 on: December 21, 2019, 11:27:28 pm »
Arsenal fans turning on AFTV'S Robbie outside Goodison today. :o

https://twitter.com/Lavender_901/status/1208399011687870465
They've been getting a lot of mainstream press lately, the NYT, a big interview on Talkshite etc.
Gonna be interesting if the match going fans turn against them.

I think if they want to survive they'll need to start doing some serious content and actually add value. They bang on about Kronke and the board all the time, yet having watched dozens of their vids, I'm none the wiser about any of the bigger issues around Arsenal and why they're so shit. That's what they should be using their reach to focus on.
Letting lads rant after a match just doesn't cut it after a while.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54804 on: December 22, 2019, 12:10:30 am »
cv I think if they want to survive they'll need to start doing some serious content and actually add value. They bang on about Kronke and the board all the time, yet having watched dozens of their vids, I'm none the wiser about any of the bigger issues around Arsenal and why they're so shit. That's what they should be using their reach to focus on.
Letting lads rant after a match just doesn't cut it after a while.
To be fair, they do do a lot of other stuff. There's a podcast, a Premier League review show, Blud Bruvvas (which is hilarious) and a teenage channel. It's not like the rants are the only thing about AFTV.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54805 on: December 22, 2019, 08:37:39 am »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #54806 on: December 22, 2019, 09:20:52 am »
He has more of an action man head

That’s Tosun you’re  thinking about
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54807 on: December 22, 2019, 09:25:22 am »
I think if they want to survive they'll need to start doing some serious content and actually add value.

Im not so sure. It doesn't matter what Arsenal fans think of them. They aren't their audience. If anything, Arsenal fans turning against them will just make non-Arsenal fans tune in even more.

I'm a bit torn on it really. I certainly get the anger towards them from the other Arsenal fans, but at the same time I sympathise a little with Robbie. I don't think he set out for it to become what it has, it's just organically gone that way given how the team have been performing and he's made the most out of it. Whilst some of his choices are morally questionable, you can't fault the guy for making his life very comfortable with what in essence was a very simple business idea.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54808 on: December 22, 2019, 09:44:21 am »
I think it's a sign of the times we're living in where people's thoughts about how to combat something they don't like is to assemble a mob and bully and threaten. Thanks for that Nigel and Boris. If fans don't like AFTV then don't watch or listen, and direct people to the wealth of other media available.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54809 on: December 22, 2019, 09:57:04 am »
One who was treated appallingly by a large section of your fanbase. Booing is a common thing at the Emirates, it's a very fickle fanbase and not a small contingent either. Had it been up to them Wenger would have walked years back, if anything it is the leadership who had patience...

Thing is, that's most modern fanbases I'm afraid, it's almost a reflection of the must have now society. No-one gets time to do anything any more.

People keep talking about Emery getting no time, but he would have got far more time if we even looked remotely like we were progressing or had some sort of plan. But we were all over the place, we were rank, and were getting outpayed by the likes of Southampton & Brighton at home. He had evidently lost the players & very few managers come back from that. If anything, it should have been done at the International break, same time as Spurs did, to give the new manager a more favourable run of fixtures to give us more chance to get further up the table.

As for Wenger being treated appallingly, I'm not condoning that. But that's because most boards nowadays don't let things like that fester. Managers can win leagues and Champions League and be sacked 6 month later. I don't condone that, but the boards intactivity, either by really pushing Wenger to suceeed or hold him accountable, but also not provide the proper funds at the critical times just helped drive the hysteria..

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54810 on: December 22, 2019, 10:29:35 am »
The media , opposition fans , pundits, the whole country turned against Wenger a long time before many arsenal fans did.
I always thought the problems were deeper. Many arsenal fans wanted to blame wenger because it's easier to change a manager than the entire ambition of the club. They're finding out now that no matter who is in charge they've got their work cut out managing a directionless club.
I'm just happy staying out of the relegation battle this season, we are so disjointed it's incredible. Arteta seems like an intelligent bloke, maybe he's got some fresh ideas and can add some impetus. Not sure he can change much with these players.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #54811 on: December 22, 2019, 12:36:06 pm »
Surprised Arsen hasn’t had another job.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #54812 on: December 22, 2019, 12:39:48 pm »
Anyone out of the loop for a few weeks and seeing that Ancelotti and Arteta were managing Everton and Arsenal would surely have imagined that Ancelotti was off to Arsenal. Arteta is their Brendan Rodgers appointment and I’m not sure it will work. Ancelotti would have sorted the defence out straight away and they’d have been challenging for fourth by next season and potentially going the distance in the Europa league. As it is he can only take the Ev so far but it wouldn’t surprise me to see these clubs finishing only two or three places apart come the season end.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54813 on: December 22, 2019, 12:56:39 pm »
Surprised Arsen hasn’t had another job.
he has with fifa now

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54814 on: December 22, 2019, 02:29:00 pm »
Im not so sure. It doesn't matter what Arsenal fans think of them. They aren't their audience. If anything, Arsenal fans turning against them will just make non-Arsenal fans tune in even more.

I'm a bit torn on it really. I certainly get the anger towards them from the other Arsenal fans, but at the same time I sympathise a little with Robbie. I don't think he set out for it to become what it has, it's just organically gone that way given how the team have been performing and he's made the most out of it. Whilst some of his choices are morally questionable, you can't fault the guy for making his life very comfortable with what in essence was a very simple business idea.
I have some sympathy for them too, in that they're typical of a recent phenomenon that isn't going away any time soon. And to be fair, they've put the hours in and worked hard at it.
But if you're a fan channel whose business model is based on opposition fans tuning in when you're shit, you're going to have problems. What happens if Arsenal get good again? They're viewing numbers will plummet.

I think TAW and RedmenTV have shown how to do fan media properly. They're both recognised as credible groups of people who have built relationships with both the club, and the wider media world. Both have had interviews with Klopp and LFC players, and can regularly engage with serious journos on their shows.
AFTV doesn't have that as they're so antagonistic towards their club, the players and the wider media. They should drop this 'we're disruptors' nonsense and start engaging like adults. It's the only way AFTV will have any real longevity I think.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54815 on: December 22, 2019, 02:46:03 pm »
Bet Arsenal fans are happy to got rid of this clown. AC Milan are in a much bigger shit than  you guy's.  :D

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #54816 on: December 22, 2019, 10:10:44 pm »
I think it's a sign of the times we're living in where people's thoughts about how to combat something they don't like is to assemble a mob and bully and threaten. Thanks for that Nigel and Boris. If fans don't like AFTV then don't watch or listen, and direct people to the wealth of other media available.
What a bizarre thing to say. AFTV claim to be there to give Arsenal fans a platform to make their opinions heard. Well these were Arsenal fans making their opinion heard.

If AFTV can dish it out they should be able to take it as well.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #54817 on: December 22, 2019, 10:19:40 pm »
The media , opposition fans , pundits, the whole country turned against Wenger a long time before many arsenal fans did.
I always thought the problems were deeper. Many arsenal fans wanted to blame wenger because it's easier to change a manager than the entire ambition of the club. They're finding out now that no matter who is in charge they've got their work cut out managing a directionless club.
I'm just happy staying out of the relegation battle this season, we are so disjointed it's incredible. Arteta seems like an intelligent bloke, maybe he's got some fresh ideas and can add some impetus. Not sure he can change much with these players.
Always said to Arsenal fans I used to work with circa 2016, they were  all Wenger this Wenger that, he has money but wont spend it, tries to be too clever/frugal in transfer market etc.   I Said to him one night in a bar in Budapest, "what if there is no money for Wenger, and out of respect for the club, fans, and his own moral standards he hasn't come and called it out, he is taking bullets for people."
Nah , he said he has lost it has to go.
Moral of the story , I always thought he should have been afforded much more respect by the media and oppo fans but more pertinently he should have been treated better than he was by his own fans.  Sad but true.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54818 on: December 25, 2019, 11:33:12 am »
Like everything AFTV's relationship with its subject is reflexive. Their content must have some impact on the general mood amongst fans, if nothing else for portraying arsenal fans in a poor light.

However, this witch hunt in the press is misguided. Their results on the pitch have been utter shit and the manner in which they lose is abject. Robbie etc aren't the cause of these results. They were already pretty hostile to their own pre-youtube. Didn't they make Eboue cry?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54819 on: December 25, 2019, 01:04:08 pm »
Arsenal Fan TV were around when they were winning FA Cups every year almost, and the team was doing ''well'' [compared to know] so it's really ridicilious to blame them for their side being shite over the last couple of years.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #54820 on: December 25, 2019, 02:12:42 pm »
I'm honestly not surprised sections of their fan base have turned on Arsenal Fan TV. It's an absolute shit show. I'm all for fans "showing their passion" and "having a voice", but some of that gang assume waaayy to much authority. They also seem to assign wildly arrogant levels of importance to their own opinions - like they're some sort of self-appointed crusaders who's sole mission in life is to protect all things Arsenal. Fucking yawn!!!!

As for that whopper who does the "Vlog", I'm sorry but recording yourself commenting on a game while you're actually in the ground at the game is nothing more than plain unabashed shameless whopperdom.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54821 on: December 25, 2019, 02:15:07 pm »
That's right fam, no getting away from that blud.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54822 on: December 25, 2019, 06:30:30 pm »
That's right fam, no getting away from that blud.
Ya undastan' me?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54823 on: December 25, 2019, 06:52:05 pm »
I have no idea what I said never mind you mate.  :D

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54824 on: December 26, 2019, 12:51:33 am »
They should of been all over Chris Wilder instead of Arteta, in what way is Arteta more qualified for the Arsenal job than Wilder is  ::)

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54825 on: December 26, 2019, 01:15:55 am »
Correct. Wenger was not completely blameless but he was and is not the main problem
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54826 on: December 26, 2019, 10:55:21 am »
Always said to Arsenal fans I used to work with circa 2016, they were  all Wenger this Wenger that, he has money but wont spend it, tries to be too clever/frugal in transfer market etc.   I Said to him one night in a bar in Budapest, "what if there is no money for Wenger, and out of respect for the club, fans, and his own moral standards he hasn't come and called it out, he is taking bullets for people."
Nah , he said he has lost it has to go.
Moral of the story , I always thought he should have been afforded much more respect by the media and oppo fans but more pertinently he should have been treated better than he was by his own fans.  Sad but true.

The thing that gets me is that Wenger used to be so good at unearthing inexpensive gems, particularly players with outstanding mentality. Petit and Vieira were as solid a central midfield partnership as you'll find in the PL era, at a combined cost of about £15m. They then didn't have a spine for the best part of a decade. They brought in Sven Mislintat from BVB, renowned for identifying cheap talent, who then goes out and gets Aubamayang, Sokratis and Miki-ryan. WTF is that all about?  Is it just a case of them being lucky with the people around them, or is something else going on behind the scenes?

I don't understand how people like Wenger and Mislintat, who were so good at assembling teams, became so laughably bad. It doesn't make any sense. Funds or not.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #54827 on: December 26, 2019, 11:11:48 am »
There are no secrets in football anymore. Anyone who's a standout in even the lower leagues is well known to dozens of clubs

Vieira joined in what, 95 or 96? He was an unknown to most people. A 20-year-old with his talent nowadays would have tons of YouTube clips and be linked to many clubs, assuming he was even at a smaller club till aged 20.

Look at us and Harvey Elliot. We don't buy him at 16, he's not staying at Fulham, someone else gets him.

Wenger and that Sven guy used their contacts and connections to spot and cherry pick players no one else knew. That's just not possible anymore
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54828 on: December 26, 2019, 11:47:43 am »
There are no secrets in football anymore. Anyone who's a standout in even the lower leagues is well known to dozens of clubs

Vieira joined in what, 95 or 96? He was an unknown to most people. A 20-year-old with his talent nowadays would have tons of YouTube clips and be linked to many clubs, assuming he was even at a smaller club till aged 20.

Look at us and Harvey Elliot. We don't buy him at 16, he's not staying at Fulham, someone else gets him.

Wenger and that Sven guy used their contacts and connections to spot and cherry pick players no one else knew. That's just not possible anymore

I'm not so sure. The numbers have changed, no doubt, but there are still plenty of bargains to be had. We've paid a pittance for Matip, Robbo, Shaq, Minamino, and, in the wider context Salah. Plenty of clubs are also picking up bargains, the likes of Upamecano, Zakaria in the BL, even Real Madrid got Casemiro for less than £4m.

Put it this way, Wenger came in to Arsenal and in the space of 36 months had bought Vieira (3.5m), Anelka (<0.5m),  Petit (4m), Overmars (6.75m), Ljunberg (4m), Kanu (5.6m), Sylvinho (free), Henry (14.5m)...

Whereas in his last year he spent over 30m on Miki-ryan, Mustafi, Xhaka, nearly 20m on Elneny, Wellbeck, Chambers.

I know I've cherry picked examples somewhat, but the difference is staggering. What happened to the man?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54829 on: December 26, 2019, 12:01:56 pm »
I'm not so sure. The numbers have changed, no doubt, but there are still plenty of bargains to be had. We've paid a pittance for Matip, Robbo, Shaq, Minamino, and, in the wider context Salah. Plenty of clubs are also picking up bargains, the likes of Upamecano, Zakaria in the BL, even Real Madrid got Casemiro for less than £4m.

Put it this way, Wenger came in to Arsenal and in the space of 36 months had bought Vieira (3.5m), Anelka (<0.5m),  Petit (4m), Overmars (6.75m), Ljunberg (4m), Kanu (5.6m), Sylvinho (free), Henry (14.5m)...

Whereas in his last year he spent over 30m on Miki-ryan, Mustafi, Xhaka, nearly 20m on Elneny, Wellbeck, Chambers.

I know I've cherry picked examples somewhat, but the difference is staggering. What happened to the man?

How about Mane too?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54830 on: December 26, 2019, 12:08:51 pm »
How about Mane too?

Ha! In the wider context we could throw in Mane, Bobby, Alisson, VVD and Fab, but I thought that would be taking the piss. What I was trying to get at was the way we have managed to underpay for so many players - Salah we underpaid due to Roma's FFP restrictions, whereas, at the time, I'd day we payed the going rate for Mane (and Alisson and VVD), but he has since improved.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54831 on: December 26, 2019, 03:30:06 pm »
Ha! In the wider context we could throw in Mane, Bobby, Alisson, VVD and Fab, but I thought that would be taking the piss. What I was trying to get at was the way we have managed to underpay for so many players - Salah we underpaid due to Roma's FFP restrictions, whereas, at the time, I'd day we payed the going rate for Mane (and Alisson and VVD), but he has since improved.
to be fair they’ve got martinelli and guendouzi for something like £15m combined so they’ve done some smart deals

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54832 on: December 26, 2019, 05:09:26 pm »
What is up with Arsenal?
Have they got a few injuries?
Their results have been shocking for weeks 

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54833 on: December 26, 2019, 05:39:47 pm »
What is up with Arsenal?
Have they got a few injuries?
Their results have been shocking for weeks

Weeks? They've been dire all season long. They got injuries to their fullbacks but they're short of quality all over and have been crap since the first half of last season.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54834 on: December 26, 2019, 05:54:21 pm »
Weeks? They've been dire all season long. They got injuries to their fullbacks but they're short of quality all over and have been crap since the first half of last season.

We've been shit for a few seasons now.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #54835 on: December 26, 2019, 06:25:15 pm »
Simple Arsenal. Quite good going forward but at the back they are a serious liability.

Even simply, they have no leadership within that team at all.

There's a real core issue that can't be improved by a new manager.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54836 on: December 26, 2019, 07:03:24 pm »
They got the new manager bump and got the draw or else they would be losing last 2 matches,

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54837 on: December 26, 2019, 11:30:32 pm »

I think towards the end of his time at Arsenal, he largely abandoned his strategy of developing younger talents.

Maybe due to pressure, or a higher wage budget.

I don't think he would have targetted the likes of auba, miki- ryan, mertesacker, cech, jamie vardy earlier on in his reign

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54838 on: December 27, 2019, 10:56:04 pm »
Seems as if Xhaka is off to Hertha.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54839 on: December 28, 2019, 02:14:58 am »
Didn't realize they've only won 2 PL games since the beginning of October.