Author Topic: Champions of England All Time XI Draft Sign Up Thread  (Read 32911 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Champions of England All Time XI Draft Sign Up Thread
« Reply #360 on: July 3, 2020, 07:01:10 pm »
Gary Neville and Sterling in the same team is pretty um....brave. Just ruddy, bloody brave.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #361 on: July 3, 2020, 07:16:18 pm »
:lmao

Sorry, didn't realise you were the draft police.

My unnamed Liverpool player had nowt to do with Kennedy. I was talking about a completely different position. Hilarious how desperate you are to attack every post I make in here.

This post is so disingenuous.

1. If you go through the entire thread you'll notice I referenced you several times positively or accurately.  So let's not exaggerate.

2. You do have a history of "not being a part of the draft" but then becoming a part of the draft in the middle of it.   Sometimes cool, but also there was a Viva incident.

3. Three, I no longer enjoy these drafts and its precisely because of moments like these - not all your fault of course, but it is new information for the group.

Not the police.  That's a poor analogy. I have little power or control over what you do.  But please keep helping all of us understand this drafting world so much better -- so we all can think the same way.

Tired of the RAWK insider clique bullshit....  I like most here, even those I get into arguments with --- but spending this time is no longer worth it.

Out of here.  Done.  JK, you can have the team mate.  Wish you well as well as the rest of the teams.

Trend
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: July 3, 2020, 07:23:10 pm »
Awww come on Trend don’t be like that, finish it off at least.

If you are done can you at least renounce that Ashley Cole pick
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #363 on: July 3, 2020, 07:25:38 pm »
Wait, what just happened?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #364 on: July 3, 2020, 07:26:55 pm »
Come back Trend!

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #365 on: July 3, 2020, 07:30:13 pm »
Let Trend be part of the clique, you bullies.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: July 3, 2020, 07:37:10 pm »
This is why we can't have nice things

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: July 3, 2020, 07:46:42 pm »
Awww come on Trend don’t be like that, finish it off at least.

If you are done can you at least renounce that Ashley Cole pick
Van Dijk as well

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #368 on: July 3, 2020, 08:05:30 pm »
Sorry lads I had no coverage the last day or two I will make up my picks soon.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #369 on: July 3, 2020, 08:13:46 pm »
Mental he lasted this long. I know he's a manc, but he's arguably one of the top players in the entire draft. Excellent spine you've built there, Max.

Thanks Betty.

Not old enough to have watched him play but not many players picked so far won a Ballon D'or in their career. Charlton won it and was a runners-up twice. I think only Keegan, Ronaldo and Owen ever won it beside him while playing in England.

He is also a manc pick out of the way that probably won't get too much hate.  ;D

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: July 3, 2020, 08:16:09 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Hn-enjcgV1o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Hn-enjcgV1o</a>

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #371 on: July 3, 2020, 08:25:56 pm »

Look, mate. I didn't want to upset you or make you leave, but really you got the wrong end of the stick and then tried to beat me with it for no reason other than because you wanted to. That's not my fault. The unnamed player was absolutely not Kennedy. I actually made a point of not mentioning his position. I only referenced the lack of LBs as you'd just taken Cole and Kloppage took Irwin. Two great picks. Even if I was name dropping Kennedy. You could have simply sent a friendly PM asking me to cease and desist. To which I'd have explained my side and we wouldn't be where we are now.

I've been drafting on here for far too long and like any addiction it's hard to completely give up. So I get my fix by popping in and commenting on drafts as they happen. When Bobby suggested I jump in, I was tempted for sure but I didn't take it up simply because I don't want to draft any more. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy it, I just prefer to sit back and watch it from my armchair. Not sit on the edge of my seat constantly worrying that you feckers will take my players. So I'm sorry but I'm not going anywhere. I hope others don't mind me hovering around either, because I enjoy being part of the draft community on here. It's not a clique, it's a little family. A fucked up one, but a family all the same  ;D  No-one is outside of that unless they actively choose to be. We have all these stupid jokes from way back about Gullit and Carlos Alberto, but also newer ones that you've been a part of - Big Willy and that Italian player prof picked who no-one has ever heard of. There's no clique. Just us losers laughing at old tired jokes.

Just come back and finish your draft, mate. There's no need for any of this.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: July 3, 2020, 08:29:20 pm »
Sorry lads I had no coverage the last day or two I will make up my picks soon.

There are places in Europe with no coverage?

Look, mate. I didn't want to upset you or make you leave, but really you got the wrong end of the stick and then tried to beat me with it for no reason other than because you wanted to. That's not my fault. The unnamed player was absolutely not Kennedy. I actually made a point of not mentioning his position. I only referenced the lack of LBs as you'd just taken Cole and Kloppage took Irwin. Two great picks. Even if I was name dropping Kennedy. You could have simply sent a friendly PM asking me to cease and desist. To which I'd have explained my side and we wouldn't be where we are now.

I've been drafting on here for far too long and like any addiction it's hard to completely give up. So I get my fix by popping in and commenting on drafts as they happen. When Bobby suggested I jump in, I was tempted for sure but I didn't take it up simply because I don't want to draft any more. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy it, I just prefer to sit back and watch it from my armchair. Not sit on the edge of my seat constantly worrying that you feckers will take my players. So I'm sorry but I'm not going anywhere. I hope others don't mind me hovering around either, because I enjoy being part of the draft community on here. It's not a clique, it's a little family. A fucked up one, but a family all the same  ;D  No-one is outside of that unless they actively choose to be. We have all these stupid jokes from way back about Gullit and Carlos Alberto, but also newer ones that you've been a part of - Big Willy and that Italian player prof picked who no-one has ever heard of. There's no clique. Just us losers laughing at old tired jokes.

Just come back and finish your draft, mate. There's no need for any of this.

I hope Trend comes back, I think this has all just been a cascade of misunderstandings leading up to this.

Nobody ever means any harm (except Gerry) and nobody should be feeling like they're outside (except Gerry) - there's about 20 people tops that take part in these things so you can't really be outside the clique!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #373 on: July 3, 2020, 08:38:15 pm »

You have every right to post in this thread mate. This conspiracy theory/clique/'sisters' shite has got to stop. Drafts are only meant to be a bit of fun, and for the most part that's exactly what they are. The voting stage doesn't even matter, the previous draft only finished a couple weeks ago and I honestly don't remember who won it. We have a really great little community going here, it's nice to be able to pick players and build teams with others who share the same interests. But recently it seems like there's a lot of snide comments going around, a lot of resentment and a lot grudges being held for petty reasons. That's why I didn't participate in this draft. In the last one I had three people coming in the threads throwing insults at me for no apparent reasons, where's the fun in that? Let's all chill out and enjoy the drafting.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: July 3, 2020, 08:41:16 pm »
*Wives, not sisters. We’re not mancs here Luis.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: July 3, 2020, 08:48:15 pm »
Come back Trend, you make these drafts so much more enjoyable and the efforts you go to enhance the experience for ALL doesn't go unnoticed here, same with BB I have no doubts he wants the same as all of us, a fun experience whether participating or not

I do think you got the wrong end of the stick mind you but easily done

you've not been the same since you stopped with the gifs, i loved them, bring them back

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: July 3, 2020, 08:57:05 pm »
Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #377 on: July 3, 2020, 09:03:55 pm »
Only just realised Vishwa picked Gary Neville in the midst of all this. Whose next? Funes Mori.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: July 3, 2020, 09:09:01 pm »
Only just realised Vishwa picked Gary Neville in the midst of all this. Whose next? Funes Mori.
watch him make it to the semi's

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: July 3, 2020, 09:11:05 pm »
I actually made a point of not mentioning his position. I only referenced the lack of LBs as you'd just taken Cole and Kloppage took Irwin. Two great picks.

Fuck off Betty, I picked Irwin.

That's it I'm off, I'm tired of being ignored

:D

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: July 3, 2020, 09:20:01 pm »
Dedicated to the one they call 'Trend'

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #381 on: July 3, 2020, 09:20:05 pm »
Thanks for the PM lobo. As always ots my turn while I’m busy!

Rooney was valid right?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: July 3, 2020, 09:25:03 pm »
Surprisingly...no, no one picked Rooney

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #383 on: July 3, 2020, 09:25:30 pm »

Fuck off Betty, I picked Irwin.

That's it I'm off, I'm tired of being ignored

:D

Who are you again?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #384 on: July 3, 2020, 09:26:03 pm »

Rooney was valid right?
Ill advised but valid.

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #385 on: July 3, 2020, 09:30:07 pm »
Ill advised but valid.

As soon as Neville went, Rooney is fair game, especially considering how good he is if we are being fair (the fat prick)
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: July 3, 2020, 09:31:15 pm »

Rooney was valid right?

You'll get no credit from elsewhere but I think Rooney is one of the most underrated players I've ever seen on this site, for obvious reasons I suppose. Almost a 1 in 2 scorer for well over a decade, scorer of all kinds of goals and did it in every tournament bar the World Cup and let's face it he's far from alone in that. When they sold Berbatov and Tevez he carried Man Utd until Van Persie joined. I'd have only had maybe a handful of strikers ahead of him.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: July 3, 2020, 09:33:33 pm »
yeah agree with Gerry, it was between Rooney and Van Persie for me but I had Henry already so went with the poacher/finisher

Rooney should of gone 1st round

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #388 on: July 3, 2020, 09:39:58 pm »
I think the most underrated player over here is fat Frank, closely followed by the granny shagger. I get that the rivalry with Steve was a big part of it, but never could quite understand why he still is so underrated and disliked. He never seemed like a c*nt, I can't remember ever speaking much shite about us, and he was an extraordinaire midfielder. It's not just his goal scoring ratio, he was a great passer and a very smart and durable player. 

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: July 3, 2020, 09:41:55 pm »
I think the most underrated player over here is fat Frank, closely followed by the granny shagger. I get that the rivalry with Steve was a big part of it, but never could quite understand why he still is so underrated and disliked. He never seemed like a c*nt, I can't remember ever speaking much shite about us, and he was an extraordinaire midfielder. It's not just his goal scoring ratio, he was a great passer and a very smart and durable player.

I think in large part it's because the media tried to put him in the same echelon as Messi and Ronaldo and he was never in that bracket, so everyone veered the other way; but it doesn't mean he couldn't be World Class and he was.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #390 on: July 3, 2020, 09:52:49 pm »
I think in large part it's because the media tried to put him in the same echelon as Messi and Ronaldo and he was never in that bracket, so everyone veered the other way; but it doesn't mean he couldn't be World Class and he was.
Yeah, probably. Feel the same happened to a former Manc, don’t worry Trend it’s not Alan Kennedy.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #391 on: July 3, 2020, 10:23:45 pm »
There are places in Europe with no coverage?

I hope Trend comes back, I think this has all just been a cascade of misunderstandings leading up to this.

Nobody ever means any harm (except Gerry) and nobody should be feeling like they're outside (except Gerry) - there's about 20 people tops that take part in these things so you can't really be outside the clique!

You've obviously never been to the west of Ireland 😂
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: July 3, 2020, 10:29:34 pm »
I see Trend has had his usual meltdown.  ;D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #393 on: July 3, 2020, 11:15:17 pm »
I think one or two lines explaining who and why we vote could help alleviate suspicion of being ganged up on. Some matches have next to fuck all comments on them. I Know the fun is the drafting but surely we can come up with something to make the voting fun too? One suggestion would be less matches voted on per day. 1 am and 1 pm for example, put up in advance before voting starts. Teams could analyse the match up, do a little write up, present it to voters who could then fill in a simply designed voting slip and upload it for all to see. Sounds convoluted but it would take less than a couple of minutes to complete if voting slip was formatted right and could be enjoyable . Just my tuppence worth
« Last Edit: July 3, 2020, 11:23:37 pm by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: July 3, 2020, 11:59:44 pm »
I think one or two lines explaining who and why we vote could help alleviate suspicion of being ganged up on. Some matches have next to fuck all comments on them. I Know the fun is the drafting but surely we can come up with something to make the voting fun too? One suggestion would be less matches voted on per day. 1 am and 1 pm for example, put up in advance before voting starts. Teams could analyse the match up, do a little write up, present it to voters who could then fill in a simply designed voting slip and upload it for all to see. Sounds convoluted but it would take less than a couple of minutes to complete if voting slip was formatted right and could be enjoyable . Just my tuppence worth

I like the idea of people setting up their arguments, in fact I'm more than willing to do the matchups now so people have some time?

Apparently post-voting (rather than poll-voting) is always disappointing, so I think that's a no go?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Vishwa Atma

• Legacy Fan
  • Money for nothing....
« Reply #395 on: July 4, 2020, 07:30:56 am »

Honours
Manchester United[120]

Premier League: 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2008–09[121]
FA Cup: 1995–96, 1998–99, 2003–04
Football League Cup : 2005–06, 2009–10
FA Community Shield: 1996, 1997, 2008
UEFA Champions League: 1998–99, 2007–08
Intercontinental Cup: 1999
FIFA Club World Cup: 2008
Individual

PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 1996–97 Premier League, 1997–98 Premier League, 1998–99 Premier League, 2004–05 Premier League, 2006–07 Premier League
PFA Team of the Century (1997–2007): 2007[122]
ESM Team of the Year: 1997–98[123]
FWA Tribute Award: 2012[124]
Premier League 10 Seasons Awards (1992–93 to 2001–02):
Domestic and overall Team of the Decade
Premier League 20 Seasons Awards (1992–93 to 2011–12):
Fantasy Teams of the 20 Seasons public and panel choice
English Football Hall of Fame Inductee: 2015[125]

May be... just may be he's not as shit as all of us collectively think..... :odd :odd

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: July 4, 2020, 09:31:46 am »
my shortlist got a lot shorter

Hazell again...

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #397 on: July 4, 2020, 09:54:03 am »
As tends to happen in drafts, I got a bit insecure about filling a spot so got rushed into picking a right back when I had other positions in mind to fill.

Happy to get Azpilicueta though, probably been Chelseas best player behind Hazard for the last decade

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #398 on: July 4, 2020, 09:55:06 am »

Pretty sure no-one is claiming he's shit. He's just the least likeable player on the planet. This is a Liverpool forum after all!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: July 4, 2020, 11:19:45 am »
my shortlist got a lot shorter

Hazell again...

Laporte?

I was a bit reluctant to pick someone in their mid-20's and he's no Van Dijk or Hansen but there's hardly many good non-Liverpool defenders left so just went with it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.