Author Topic: Fantasy Premier League  (Read 287145 times)

Offline Oscarmac

• Kenny is King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fantasy Premier League 2018/2019
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2018, 01:07:22 pm »
Thinking of leaving Mo out. Is that insanity?
They are only great because we are on our knees......let us arise!

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2018, 01:28:57 pm »

Eh, yeah! 🙂
He'll end up being about 15 or 16M 😂

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2018, 04:56:03 pm »

I think I'm going to although worried about doing so, especially with him still being a midfielder, but think 13 is a bit too expensive and not overly keen on any of the cheaper options to pair him with rather than two very good players.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2018, 04:59:35 pm »
so far

Ederson
cedric monreal schindler ake zanke
keita stephens yarmolenko sessegnon de bruyne
firmino aguero vardy

i have 1.5m in the bank. only way to get salah is to get de bruyne out and cost cut elsewhere. or do i just leave it
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2018, 05:24:37 pm »
City's easy start means its essential for me to get Aguero, Ederson and Mendy but wanting to get Aubameyang in as soon as Arsenal 1st 2 fixtures are out the way. Jota looks an out of position prospect for Wolves as he has been starting upfront pre season but is a midfielder on FPL, Wan-Bissaka well worth looking into as he will be the only defender in the 4.0 range that will start, will free funds up elsewhere and hopefully gain some clean sheets for Palace.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2018, 05:40:56 pm »
anyone picking bernardo silva? having a good pre-season for city so far and may start since de bruyne will probably miss the start of season

changed my team AGAIN, now got one that includes, mo,bobby and mane  8)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 07:34:04 pm by LiamG »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2018, 07:48:48 pm »
you are nuts selecting two good keepers like that

*shrugs* they were both cheap.  If De Gea does well I can cash him in later on. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2018, 08:25:48 pm »
*shrugs* they were both cheap.  If De Gea does well I can cash him in later on. :)

i'd definitely sell one of them for a cheaper starter and invest the money elsewhere

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 1, 2018, 07:43:38 am »
City's easy start means its essential for me to get Aguero, Ederson and Mendy but wanting to get Aubameyang in as soon as Arsenal 1st 2 fixtures are out the way. Jota looks an out of position prospect for Wolves as he has been starting upfront pre season but is a midfielder on FPL, Wan-Bissaka well worth looking into as he will be the only defender in the 4.0 range that will start, will free funds up elsewhere and hopefully gain some clean sheets for Palace.

Interesting, will have to have a look at this.

anyone picking bernardo silva? having a good pre-season for city so far and may start since de bruyne will probably miss the start of season

Yeah was thinking about him too, but I've just swapped out Naby for Shaqiri based on his game against Utd and his goal in training yesterday  ;D
Looks like he's going to be hitting the ground running.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 1, 2018, 08:58:43 am »
made more changes

ederson
cedric, monreal, wan-bissaka, ake, zanka
salah, sessegnon, jota, yarmolenko, stephens
aguero, firmino, vardy

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 1, 2018, 01:20:02 pm »
Damn difficult. Is Kolasnic likely to start?

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 1, 2018, 03:15:04 pm »
It's really hard this year to pick a team that will be good long term but also take into account the likely absences gameweek 1: Hazard, KDB, Lukaku, Kane, Pogba to name a few.

It's also hard to know defensively who will start - United and Chelsea have a lot of different options in this department.

Arsenal look best avoided for the first 2 gameweeks.

Reckon there could be some big differentials gameweek 1. Morata, Aubameyang and Martial could all score big points in this first week but it's risky to include one of them.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 1, 2018, 03:18:01 pm »

I reckon they've made it really difficult to have Salah and Kane in your team to force people to mix it up. If you include both you're going to only have 1 premium midfielder and maybe one 6.0 plus defender.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #53 on: August 1, 2018, 03:19:13 pm »
Not sure why you'd avoid Arsenal when their first game is at home to City's reserves.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 1, 2018, 03:29:32 pm »
Not sure why you'd avoid Arsenal when their first game is at home to City's reserves.

Arsenal are usually slow starters although that could change now Wenger is gone. Reckon City will have Silva, B Silva, Sane, Aguero all starting - that's more than enough quality.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #55 on: August 1, 2018, 06:05:14 pm »
I've changed my team yet again!

Tried to have a pretty balanced team, with a couple of premium players in each position, Gone for  Burnley and Newcastle at the back because they didn't concede as much as other mid table teams last season

Only ones i'm unsure on are mendy and bernardo silva, but with silva he's had a really good pre-season so hopefully will start especially with De bruyne probably not going to start the opening fixture

Offline F412OUK

• All hail the new Baldrick!
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #56 on: August 1, 2018, 06:49:05 pm »
OK help needed, some questions and advice for the FF experts:

Ederson or Alisson? is he worth buying, is he likely to get plenty of points, are we expecting more clean sheets this season?

Fabianski or Rui Patricio?

Wan-Bissaka/Diop of West Ham a certainty to start?

Zaha or Arnautovic?

Also thinking of Charlie Austin he should be a starter and scores goals, don't know who will start for Chelsea, Pedro?
The general who became a slave. The slave who became a gladiator. The gladiator who defied an emperor = Rafael Benitez!

There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time - Malcolm X

Offline F412OUK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #57 on: August 1, 2018, 06:57:03 pm »

This is what I currently have, still not overly happy, got 1.0m spare:
The general who became a slave. The slave who became a gladiator. The gladiator who defied an emperor = Rafael Benitez!

There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time - Malcolm X

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 1, 2018, 08:27:02 pm »
OK help needed, some questions and advice for the FF experts:

Ederson or Alisson? is he worth buying, is he likely to get plenty of points, are we expecting more clean sheets this season?

Fabianski or Rui Patricio?

Wan-Bissaka/Diop of West Ham a certainty to start?

Zaha or Arnautovic?

Also thinking of Charlie Austin he should be a starter and scores goals, don't know who will start for Chelsea, Pedro?
Not an expert but will give you an opinion to think upon.

Ederson or Allison really depends on if you're going to have a defender from either side in the team. For example, I'd go with Ederson which means you can get Trent at 5.0 who is cheaper than any Man City defender and also bear in mind Guardiola's normal rotation policy when it comes to his defence.
Fabianski or Patricio, Fabianski got a lot of save points last season however that was for Swansea and if his goal will be tested as much is yet to be known. Maybe even if you can keep faith with your first choice starter just use Speroni as a subsitute.
Wan Bissaka has started every pre-season game for Crystal Palace and impressed when he came into the side last season so I'd expect him to retain his spot at right back. Diop has been playing pre-season but West Ham were one of the leakiest sides last season which would put me off even if there is a new manager and couple of new signings. Keep an eye out for Declan Rice who has been playing in midfield pre-season but is available at the same price as Diop and is classed as a defender. Watford have an easy start and attacking full backs so maybe Femenia is worth a shout.
I'd try free up funds to get both Zaha and Arnautovic

« Last Edit: August 1, 2018, 09:13:27 pm by Yozza1 »

Offline F412OUK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #59 on: August 1, 2018, 08:48:46 pm »
Not an expert but will give you an opinion to think upon.

Ederson or Allison really depends on if you're going to have a defender from either side in the team. For example, I'd go with Ederson which means you can get Trent at 5.0 who is cheaper than any Man City defender and also bear in mind Guardiola's normal rotation policy when it comes to his defence.
Fabianski or Patricio, Fabianski got a lot of save points last season however that was for Swansea and if his goal will be tested as much is yet to be known. Maybe even if you can keep faith with your first choice starter just use Speroni as a subsitute.
Wan Bissaka has started every pre-season game for Crystal Palace and impressed when he came into the side last season so I'd expect him to retain his spot at right back. Diop has been playing pre-season but West Ham were one of the leakiest sides last season which would put me off even if there is a new manager and couple of new signings. Keep an eye out for Declan Rice who has been playing in midfield pre-season but is available at the same price as Diop. Watford have an easy start and attacking full backs so maybe Femenia is worth a shout.
I'd try free up funds to get both Zaha and Arnautovic

Thanks for that, that's what I've done so far got Trent instead of Mendy and got Ederson in goal.

I could get Zaha with the 1m spare for Austin.
Still not overly happy with the midfield, the team doesn't seem well balanced to me  :-\

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #60 on: August 2, 2018, 08:24:47 am »

Thanks for that, that's what I've done so far got Trent instead of Mendy and got Ederson in goal.

I could get Zaha with the 1m spare for Austin.
Still not overly happy with the midfield, the team doesn't seem well balanced to me  :-\

Really annoys me that Zaha is listed as a forward this year. Would have went with him if he was a midfielder.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: August 2, 2018, 01:59:16 pm »
Good idea to start with Firmino or wait until Sept?

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #62 on: August 2, 2018, 06:58:11 pm »
Use the four, obi wan bissaka. use the four.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 2, 2018, 07:49:41 pm »

He's too much to build a strong team IMO, I've picked Keita, Mane and Firmino (but then, I was a bit shit last season so I might be wrong) as such:

Fabianksi

Davies        Yedlin        Mendy

Kennedy         Mane          Eriksen        Keita        De Bruyne

Firmino         Jesus
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #64 on: August 2, 2018, 11:28:43 pm »
Ederson - (Ryan)

Alexander-Arnold - Bailly - Azpilicueta - (Zanka) - (Daniels)

Salah - Eriksen - Jota - Sessegnon - (Neves)

Firmino - Arnautovic - Zaha

Too few midfielders/forwards from the top 6 teams?

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 3, 2018, 11:56:35 am »
He's too much to build a strong team IMO, I've picked Keita, Mane and Firmino (but then, I was a bit shit last season so I might be wrong) as such:

Fabianksi

Davies        Yedlin        Mendy

Kennedy         Mane          Eriksen        Keita        De Bruyne

Firmino         Jesus

Looks good. I've swapped out Naby for Shaqiri though because I feel he will come flying out of the blocks, but feel I will swap them around again after about 4 to six games.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 3, 2018, 01:46:06 pm »

No. Ł13 million is a lot of money. But with captaincy if he matches last season he'll probably prove worth it. The problem for me is that everyone else has him or Kane. Can you find enough outside of it to find points where others aren't getting them including finding someone who can bring in reliable captain points?

There's a lot of interesting talent this year and clubs with new managers to shake things up. I probably will start with Salah because it would seem easier to drop him and then have a good chunk of money to spare than to try to bring him in later if things get desperate.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: August 3, 2018, 01:46:49 pm »
Really annoys me that Zaha is listed as a forward this year. Would have went with him if he was a midfielder.

I think it's pretty dumb myself because I don't think he'll play every game through the middle. But I guess they are desperate for forwards these days.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 3, 2018, 02:22:56 pm »
in light of that its hard to fathom why he was put forward and salah wasnt

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 3, 2018, 02:49:04 pm »
I probably will start with Salah because it would seem easier to drop him and then have a good chunk of money to spare than to try to bring him in later if things get desperate.

This. If Salah starts where he left off and you don't have him, it'll take a lot of work or use of your wildcard to bring him in. If he struggles and you do have him, it's easy to sub him out.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #70 on: August 3, 2018, 02:58:47 pm »
I think it's pretty dumb myself because I don't think he'll play every game through the middle. But I guess they are desperate for forwards these days.

Yeah it's a weird one. Most teams play with 3 "forwards" these days. Fantasy football is still based on the old fashioned 4-4-2.

I wonder if we could see a change soon. Maybe 4 midfielders and 4 attackers rather than out and out strikers.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 3, 2018, 03:15:35 pm »
Yeah it's a weird one. Most teams play with 3 "forwards" these days. Fantasy football is still based on the old fashioned 4-4-2.

I wonder if we could see a change soon. Maybe 4 midfielders and 4 attackers rather than out and out strikers.

They should just have  'stikers' e.g, Lukaku, Austin, Kane where you could pick 3 or you could pick minimum 2 and then 1 'attackers' where you could place in midfield or fill one of your 3 forward roles with e.g Salah, Zaha, Arnautovic.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #72 on: August 3, 2018, 06:23:11 pm »
Salah is a serious chunk of change aint he, plus Austin is good value along with a couple of others. Ings one to watch if he moves. Anyway going with this for now, of course it will change come KO.

Alisson

Bailly   Boly    Tomkins

Eriksen    Richarlison    Mané    Sessegnon

Lukaku   Firmino    Austin

Subs:  Lössl, Felipe Anderson, Kompany, Dunk
« Last Edit: August 3, 2018, 07:47:37 pm by Sarge »
Y.N.W.A.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #73 on: August 3, 2018, 06:36:09 pm »
i need to stop logging into the site because every time i do i end up changing my team

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 4, 2018, 05:34:47 pm »
i need to stop logging into the site because every time i do i end up changing my team

Same! I'm finding the defence the hardest this year.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 6, 2018, 12:00:55 pm »
I've created a Head to Head league for something different, feel free to join. League Code 24275-196289.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 6, 2018, 12:09:33 pm »
Who is starting GW 1 for us? Clyne or TAA?

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #77 on: August 6, 2018, 12:45:08 pm »
Is Schurrle worth at 6m? And thinking of getting Lacazette instead of Firmino.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2018, 12:46:51 pm by Kovai Red »
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 6, 2018, 01:04:17 pm »
Okay I think I'm settled:

And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #79 on: August 6, 2018, 01:27:25 pm »
so ive got an Auba team and a non Auba team and a major headache. Prices of these players the transfer markets just out of hand.  ;D

Need a handful more to fill this Head to Head before kick-off, everyone welcome. click to join

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/?autojoin-code=40718-275400
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.