Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1886873 times)

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #9720 on: March 4, 2021, 11:41:49 pm »
That was some crazy comments but it probably a case of a bit of a translation, 2nd language issue.

Maybe he should only respond to Geoff Shreeves in German

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9721 on: March 4, 2021, 11:46:11 pm »
Yeah, I refuse to believe that's what Klopp meant.  Please someone post a video or audio of this.  Not to say that I didn't want to see Naby as well but choosing Milner or Ox over him is kind of splitting hairs.  Now if it was Cain or some other U23 player then sure.

How is it splitting hairs - Keita was our best player after lockdown, with a goal and 2 assists in about 450 mins - all from open play - whilst Milner has 1 assist and 0 goals from open play since the start of 19/20 from about 1500 mins and never really looks like creating anything.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9722 on: March 4, 2021, 11:48:06 pm »
Yeah, I refuse to believe that's what Klopp meant.  Please someone post a video or audio of this.  Not to say that I didn't want to see Naby as well but choosing Milner or Ox over him is kind of splitting hairs.  Now if it was Cain or some other U23 player then sure.

It’s far from splitting hairs, Keita is our best attacking minded midfielder when fit.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9723 on: March 4, 2021, 11:52:43 pm »
It’s far from splitting hairs, Keita is our best attacking minded midfielder when fit.

No question about it. How Milner got on to do nothing was odd and how Naby didn't start is even odder.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9724 on: March 4, 2021, 11:55:07 pm »
Should have started ahead of Jones. Jones has a lot of potential but is far too ponderous on the ball most of the time. He slows the play down too much.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9725 on: March 4, 2021, 11:59:16 pm »
Is it just me that interpreted Klopp's comments as Ox and Milner would be more vocal and gee the players up? I thought that's what he meant.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9726 on: March 4, 2021, 11:59:18 pm »
How is it splitting hairs - Keita was our best player after lockdown, with a goal and 2 assists in about 450 mins - all from open play - whilst Milner has 1 assist and 0 goals from open play since the start of 19/20 from about 1500 mins and never really looks like creating anything.

Because there is no evidence Keita can even stay fit at this point?  You're just as likely to get something positive from him as him going off injured and leaving us playing with 10.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9727 on: March 5, 2021, 12:10:49 am »
Because there is no evidence Keita can even stay fit at this point?  You're just as likely to get something positive from him as him going off injured and leaving us playing with 10.

Hard disagree - if we were talking about starting a game, maybe - but he is no more injury prone than Gomez or Matip, our 2 CBs we thought were enough to go into the season alongside Virgil for the season - last season he started the season with an injury which kept him out for 6 weeks, and then had one more injury that kept him our for 3 (and that was caused by a bad tackle which could have happened to anyone), and other than that was fit the full season; this season he came back from international duty with corona (not really anything of his fault there), and then other than 1 niggle, had 1 injury that kept him out for 7 weeks after a poor tackle against west brom and having to play the rest of the match due to lack of players.

So that's 3 injuries in 2 seasons, 2 of which were cause by bad tackles.   

Even if you are "more likely to have him go off injured" (not true), the chances of anything positive coming from Milner being on the pitch (in terms of goal/chance creation) other than if we won a penalty are basically zero, so even a small % is better than that. 

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9728 on: March 5, 2021, 12:14:47 am »
Oh, and in the same period, Milner has had 3 injures, only 1 of which were caused by tackles (th rest from the training pitch), but as none of them were as bad as Keita's, he hasn't missed as many matches (he missed 16 matches due to injury in those 2 seasons, Keita 21 as far as i can tell, so more, but not *significantly* more)

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9729 on: March 5, 2021, 12:31:50 am »
If you can predict the future then great.  He's a better player than Ox and Milner who can't ever stay fit now.  He's played all of 36 more league minutes than VvD this season.  I'm all for Naby becoming the player we all want him to be but he has to actually do it and not have all of us grasping at what ifs.  So to say that he would have made a difference today, maybe the odds are better in comparison to what Milner and Ox bring nowadays but it certainly isn't a given.  If you disagree with that then nothing much more to say.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9730 on: March 5, 2021, 12:33:57 am »
If you can predict the future then great.  He's a better player than Ox and Milner who can't ever stay fit now.  He's played all of 36 more league minutes than VvD this season.  I'm all for Naby becoming the player we all want him to be but he has to actually do it and not have all of us grasping at what ifs.  So to say that he would have made a difference today, maybe the odds are better in comparison to what Milner and Ox bring nowadays but it certainly isn't a given.  If you disagree with that then nothing much more to say.

He scored in the same fixture last year, currently he is a better player than those two, that is proven.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9731 on: March 5, 2021, 12:36:19 am »
He scored in the same fixture last year, currently he is a better player than those two, that is proven.

Again, I would have preferred he came on as well and I believe he is better than those two but because of his injury issues I think it's all a big /shrug.  Hopefully he can prove to all of us between now and the end of the season that he can stay healthy and produce so these types of discussions actually mean something.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #9732 on: March 6, 2021, 10:27:29 am »
Again, I would have preferred he came on as well and I believe he is better than those two but because of his injury issues I think it's all a big /shrug.  Hopefully he can prove to all of us between now and the end of the season that he can stay healthy and produce so these types of discussions actually mean something.
There are a few players we seriously need to look at and decide if they need moving on. Nothing to do with their ability, all are quality players, but can we rely on them?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9733 on: March 6, 2021, 10:47:53 am »
There are a few players we seriously need to look at and decide if they need moving on. Nothing to do with their ability, all are quality players, but can we rely on them?

Doesnt help either that some of those players are some of our highest earners.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #9734 on: March 7, 2021, 04:00:25 pm »
The only positive from today

People need to stop saying we haven’t seen the best of him - he’s very often the best player on the pitch when he plays and he’s clearly one of the best CMs in the league. Just keep him fit and get some functioning players jn midfield with him

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9735 on: March 7, 2021, 04:02:14 pm »
His foul near the end was the best thing we did all game
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9736 on: March 7, 2021, 04:02:31 pm »

People need to stop saying we haven’t seen the best of him - he’s very often the best player on the pitch when he plays and he’s clearly one of the best CMs in the league. Just keep him fit and get some functioning players jn midfield with him

Think that's true, he had a directness at times that was good to see.

I don't know why it's all gone to mud, but I hope he's a big part of getting us out of it.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #9737 on: March 7, 2021, 04:02:44 pm »
Played well today, good to see him back.  Now just make sure he stays fit.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9738 on: March 7, 2021, 04:03:54 pm »

Him alongside Fab and Thiago would be interesting. He tried hard today but Gini and Milner just slowed the game up.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9739 on: March 7, 2021, 04:03:59 pm »
Our best midfielder.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9740 on: March 7, 2021, 04:05:12 pm »
Was decent, liked the cynical foul too!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #9741 on: March 7, 2021, 04:05:24 pm »
Played well today, good to see him back.  Now just make sure he stays fit.
Good outing from Naby indeed, but I want to see more bite from him in tackles. though it's understandable that with his injury record he might have something in the back of his mind. Staying fit for now would do for me.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Red Dane

• Kopite
  • Probinate nobis similibusque
« Reply #9742 on: March 7, 2021, 04:06:24 pm »
He was okey, but Gini and Milner was shit.  Poor comparison.
Every power draws its ultimate consequences at every moment. Supposing that this also is only interpretation-and you will be eager enough to make this objection?-well, so much the better. (Nietzsche; Beyond Good & Evil, p. 30-31).

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9743 on: March 7, 2021, 04:10:01 pm »
If we can get him, Thiago and Fab in the same midfield a bit we’ll be in a much better spot. I really don’t see the point of worrying about the CBS at this point. Whoever plays we concede, we need to start getting midfield right.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #9744 on: March 7, 2021, 04:13:28 pm »
It’s like saying the violinist was the best player in the band as The Titanic was sinking.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #9745 on: March 7, 2021, 04:13:28 pm »
Looks bulkier and stronger. Was good today but played in a shite midfield. Since we know Gini's gone, I'd start spreading out his minutes to the other lads and have them ready for next season and Curtis and Naby look like the ones who'd be the future of our midfield in his absence.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9746 on: March 7, 2021, 04:15:35 pm »
Along with Phillips was our best performer today
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #9747 on: March 7, 2021, 04:17:33 pm »
Along with Phillips was our best performer today

Probably, we need to see him alongside Fab and Thiago.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #9748 on: March 7, 2021, 05:35:04 pm »
3 or 4 times he was driving at Fulham and was raising his arms giving out about no one showing or making runs
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Online Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9749 on: March 7, 2021, 05:53:35 pm »
Good player, decent showing today his foul at the end showed he's not soft like some of the other players in the squad. 
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9750 on: March 7, 2021, 06:04:32 pm »
He needs to start on Wednesday with Jones and Thiago. Sit Gini.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #9751 on: March 7, 2021, 06:05:44 pm »
Think we need a DM in there (Fabinho).
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Oldskoolcool

• Main Stander
« Reply #9752 on: March 7, 2021, 06:16:08 pm »
Along with Fab and Nat, was one of the glimmers of hope in this team. Honestly think, a team with a midfield of Fab (who was the best player on the pitch for the duration he was on), Thiago and Naby, with Jota, Mane and Salah may just yield some steel, guile and quality... I live in hope.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9753 on: March 7, 2021, 06:19:18 pm »
Please stay fit
Football is a lie

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #9754 on: March 7, 2021, 06:52:36 pm »
Looks like he has aged 10 years since he last played for us, massive bald spot and everything. That’s what watching this team from afar does to you. Was decent on the second half, non existent like the rest on the first.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9755 on: March 7, 2021, 07:23:17 pm »
Think we need a DM in there (Fabinho).

I agree but I think Klopp will send Fab back to defense.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9756 on: March 7, 2021, 07:25:29 pm »
Wijnaldum has become incredibly frustrating, but Wednesday's the sort of game he's likely to be close to his best in. Not sure why he's still an automatic starter against PL dross, though.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9757 on: March 7, 2021, 08:14:18 pm »
I really view Gini as a ceiling raiser and not a floor raiser.  Meaning if everything is working great he just makes it that much better but if nothing is working then he just looks shit.  He probably plays basically the same in every game but none of us are pro football players that can tell that.

But this is the Naby Keita thread and my last post was just saying we needed to see him be consistent to expect anything.  So now we have a relatively good 90 minutes.  Is he ready to do that twice in a week?  I guess we'll see Wednesday but if he can at least give the team 90 minutes a week without getting hurt that then would be something for 21/22 season.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9758 on: March 7, 2021, 08:17:23 pm »
Fucking hell please still stay fit.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #9759 on: March 7, 2021, 09:00:10 pm »
Some nice contributions today. Often willing to drive forward and try to force something to happen. Liked that impossible little dinked header over some hairy arsed bastard who was coming in to challenge him, that was a real touch of class. Stay fit my man.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.