Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 754357 times)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #280 on: September 1, 2017, 06:31:51 pm »
Like 2010-11 when he was still at Southampton and scored 9 in 36 appearances, you mean?
Wow he scored 9 goals in the Premier League with Southampton in 2010/11? That's impressive.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: September 1, 2017, 06:33:56 pm »
Lad is top banter :lmao

Oxlade-Chamberlain: "We're in good form going into the Man City game after beating Arsenal 4-0 last week."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #282 on: September 1, 2017, 06:34:46 pm »

Oxlade-Chamberlain: "We're in good form going into the Man City game after beating Arsenal 4-0 last week."

:lmao

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: September 1, 2017, 06:35:03 pm »

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :mindblown

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #284 on: September 1, 2017, 06:35:09 pm »
When have you ever seen any other player we have signed have their entire career added together since they were 17 until 24 and used an average as their likely output?

For almost every single player production is a bump that follows age. It starts towards peak at 22/23 and then starts coming down at 27/28.

Go look at Gerrard's output from 17-24, add it all up, take an average, then compare it to his numbers in each of the next 5 seasons. Is it close? Do the same with Lampard, Henry, any player you want really. You will see the same curve in their output more or less as production follows physical peak & experience.
Gerrard's move from right back to central midfield to attacking midfield back to central midfield probably coincide with this age brackets.

As I said Sterling is a very good comparison his numbers have been steady (no pun intended) throughout his career starting at the same age.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline digger barnes 87

• Kopite
  • TOXTETH RED 4 life
« Reply #285 on: September 1, 2017, 06:35:47 pm »
Starts tonight for England, I might have to watch it now.
“Don’t worry Alan. At least you’ll be able to play close to a great team!” Bill Shankly to Alan Ball after he signed for Everton

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #286 on: September 1, 2017, 06:36:01 pm »
Wow he scored 9 goals in the Premier League with Southampton in 2010/11? That's impressive.
You can only play in the competition you're in. Why be a dick about it?
The following season he signed for Arsenal and became the youngest English goalscorer in the Champions League.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: September 1, 2017, 06:36:42 pm »
The interesting thing about him being CM is his ability to beat a man. If the long term thought is Oxlade and Keita as our 2 number 8s, then that is a tonne of pace and ability to beat players from midfield.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #288 on: September 1, 2017, 06:37:33 pm »

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: September 1, 2017, 06:37:34 pm »

Burn. That is two hours content for arsenalfanTV.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: September 1, 2017, 06:37:49 pm »
Gerrard's move from right back to central midfield to attacking midfield back to central midfield probably coincide with this age brackets.

Hahahahaha. Bollocks. Gerrard only played full back a handful of times. When Houllier saw how he was taking the piss by passing it to Berger on the left wing every chance he got, he moved him into the centre.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: September 1, 2017, 06:38:02 pm »

Where did he say that? England interview?

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: September 1, 2017, 06:38:08 pm »

:wellin :wellin :lmao :lmao

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: September 1, 2017, 06:38:43 pm »
Where did he say that? England interview?
Yeah interview before England match

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/903671853180444672

Offline digger barnes 87

• Kopite
  • TOXTETH RED 4 life
« Reply #294 on: September 1, 2017, 06:39:11 pm »

hahaha
“Don’t worry Alan. At least you’ll be able to play close to a great team!” Bill Shankly to Alan Ball after he signed for Everton

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #295 on: September 1, 2017, 06:39:49 pm »

Hahaha. I think I'm starting to warm up to this guy.
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #296 on: September 1, 2017, 06:44:39 pm »
You can only play in the competition you're in. Why be a dick about it?
The following season he signed for Arsenal and became the youngest English goalscorer in the Champions League.
Why be a dick with your pithy response to my post?

That was in a League One, may as well include his U23 stats. The fact is his end product in the Premier League, the league we've brought him to play in, is very ordinary. Given that and his stats that's why I think he'll be used as a central midfielder.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #297 on: September 1, 2017, 06:45:25 pm »

As I said Sterling is a very good comparison his numbers have been steady (no pun intended) throughout his career starting at the same age.

Shifting goal posts. You are giving us a sample size of one to compare him to. I was giving you a sample size of every player ever in the history of the league.

Player production increases towards physical peak as they accumulate experience, then decline. A study conducted of all players in the premier league era plotted on a graph demonstrates this. 
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: September 1, 2017, 06:45:40 pm »
Why be a dick with your pithy response to my post?

That was in a League One, may as well include his U23 stats. The fact is his end product in the Premier League, the league we've brought him to play in, is very ordinary. Given that and his stats that's why I think he'll be used as a central midfielder.

You specifically asked to compare him at that age.  :wave :wave :wave
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #299 on: September 1, 2017, 06:46:36 pm »

That's ice cold and one of the funniest things I've heard a player say. 

The Arse fans are going to lose it when they hear this.  Should be good for a few surly Piers Moron tweets.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 06:50:20 pm by cipher »
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #300 on: September 1, 2017, 06:47:22 pm »

That is fucking savage. Haha.

Offline TealC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: September 1, 2017, 06:47:56 pm »

Probably one of the best comments i have read this year :lmao

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #302 on: September 1, 2017, 06:48:33 pm »
Doubt he said that.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #303 on: September 1, 2017, 06:49:43 pm »
You specifically asked to compare him at that age.  :wave :wave :wave
So, what was Sterling doing then?

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #304 on: September 1, 2017, 06:49:55 pm »
Hahahahaha. Bollocks. Gerrard only played full back a handful of times. When Houllier saw how he was taking the piss by passing it to Berger on the left wing every chance he got, he moved him into the centre.

Wikipedia suggests he played mostly CM and occassionally RW on his debut season. I remember he played his debut at right back and a handful more games, but he became a midfielder fairly quickly from memory.
Gerrard made his Liverpool first-team debut on 29 November 1998 in a Premier League match against Blackburn Rovers as a last-minute substitute for Vegard Heggem.[23] He made thirteen appearances in his debut season, filling in for injured captain Jamie Redknapp in centre-midfield.[20] He also occasionally played on the right wing, but he scarcely contributed in the short on-pitch time he received, due to nervousness affecting his play.[24] Gerrard recalled in a November 2008 interview with The Guardian, "I was out of position and out of my depth." The Liverpool hierarchy nonetheless remained convinced that he would improve.[24] Gerrard saw himself as a defensive player primarily, looking to make key tackles rather than push the team forward.[23]

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: September 1, 2017, 06:51:25 pm »
Wikipedia suggests he played mostly CM and occassionally RW on his debut season. I remember he played his debut at right back and a handful more games, but he became a midfielder fairly quickly from memory.

Yes, I'd be surprised if it was more than four or five appearances he made at full back.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: September 1, 2017, 06:52:09 pm »
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #307 on: September 1, 2017, 06:52:35 pm »
So, what was Sterling doing then?
In 2010/11 he was playing for our U18's

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #308 on: September 1, 2017, 06:54:16 pm »

Where is this from? :D :D

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #310 on: September 1, 2017, 06:57:45 pm »

That's some of the best trolling I've seen. :D

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: September 1, 2017, 06:58:11 pm »
That's some of the best trolling I've seen. :D

It's absolutely brutal ;D Funny as hell though.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #312 on: September 1, 2017, 06:58:17 pm »
So you'd rather compare AOC to a midfielder rather than my example of Sterling who's a winger, the same as AOC?
In 2010/11 he was playing for our U18's
Was he 17/18 then? Let's make this more simple, what are AOC stats from 17-22 which is your age bracket, compared to Sterling's? As I've said, they play the same position, came through about the same age so it's a suitable comparison.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 07:07:03 pm by Funky_Gibbons »

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #313 on: September 1, 2017, 07:01:00 pm »

“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #314 on: September 1, 2017, 07:01:38 pm »
Anfield Wrap on a obvious troll, no way he says that  ;D
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #315 on: September 1, 2017, 07:06:14 pm »
Anfield Wrap on a obvious troll, no way he says that  ;D
If it's too good to be true...
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #316 on: September 1, 2017, 07:09:44 pm »
I see Funky_Gibbons is continuing his quest to be the most miserable melt on RAWK.
:D

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: September 1, 2017, 07:10:37 pm »
Why's this moved here?

• Anny Roader
« Reply #318 on: September 1, 2017, 07:10:42 pm »
Let's make this more simple, what are AOC stats from 17-22 which is your age bracket, compared to Sterling's? As I've said, they play the same position, came through about the same age so it's a suitable comparison.
Why don't we have that popcorn eating emoji on here?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #319 on: September 1, 2017, 07:12:48 pm »
I see Funky_Gibbons is continuing his quest to be the most miserable melt on RAWK.
So saying he's going to be great central midfielder and Klopp will want use his really good dribbling skills to break down low block teams is being miserable is it?