Hazell
10 (26.3%)
KingLuis
13 (34.2%)
Gerry
5 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: June 17, 2020, 12:07:42 am

Author Topic: CENTURION DRAFT - Final Group - Matchday 1  (Read 1453 times)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
CENTURION DRAFT - Final Group - Matchday 1
« on: June 16, 2020, 12:07:42 am »
So now we find ourselves at the business end of the draft, after much late group stage drama. Four teams left, which means at least 12 drafters are either no longer interested or are actively bitter and hostile about the process.

Ah well, let's finish it anyway. Scores now hidden until after games are over to allow for further dramatic tension.

FINAL FOUR

Robbie

v

Hazell

AND

KingLuis

v

Gerry

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Re: CENTURION DRAFT - Final Group - Matchday 1
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 12:16:30 am »
Gerry and then a coin flip between Hazell/Robbie
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 12:18:42 am »
Voted against Gerry twice
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 09:57:21 am »
Are the vote results invisible deliberately?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 10:23:07 am »
Are the vote results invisible deliberately?

Yep. It’s in the OP.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 10:24:16 am »
Yep. It’s in the OP.

You can't expect me to actually read that.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 01:30:16 pm »
You can't expect me to actually read that.

;D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 04:13:04 pm »
Bump.

One game v close.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 04:22:03 pm »
Not sure whether I should be complaining about a conspiracy or thanking my wives!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2020, 04:23:52 pm »
I prefer this mystery.  Means people are less likely to mention wives or beg for votes.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2020, 04:29:53 pm »
I prefer this mystery.  Means people are less likely to mention wives or beg for votes.

Isn't that half the fun though? Seems to have stubbed out all discussion too, as no-one knows whether they need to sway voters or not.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2020, 04:46:44 pm »
Isn't that half the fun though? Seems to have stubbed out all discussion too, as no-one knows whether they need to sway voters or not.

People should be trying to do that anyway ;D I guarantee that half of the four of them need to do some swaying pronto.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2020, 05:19:44 pm »
People should be trying to do that anyway ;D

They should, yes. But from draft experience votes usually go against you if you are the only one trying to talk up your team, so it's more of a last resort move when you're losing. Staying silent is pretty much the default in this situation.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2020, 05:28:47 pm »
People should be trying to do that anyway ;D I guarantee that half of the four of them need to do some swaying pronto.

Unlike some, I haven't picked players at the start of their careers, which is a risk as they would be fresh in everyone's memory. I mean Maddison & Sane have had what, one, maximum two good seasons at the 'top'? And Guendouzi has had what, 0 good seasons? He's not even Arsenal's best midfielder, and that's saying something. And don't even get me started on a poor man's Aaron Wan-Bissaka at right back. Not that I think I should get extra points for my picks, make your own minds up. But you know, just saying.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2020, 05:29:18 pm »
They should, yes. But from draft experience votes usually go against you if you are the only one trying to talk up your team, so it's more of a last resort move when you're losing. Staying silent is pretty much the default in this situation.

Fuck it, I'm going for it.

#VOTELUIS2020 ;D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2020, 05:30:11 pm »

Exactly, you don't want to come across as an arsehole.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2020, 05:30:27 pm »
You'll be hearing from my solicitors KL.  :wanker

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2020, 06:04:04 pm »
Unlike some, I haven't picked players at the start of their careers, which is a risk as they would be fresh in everyone's memory. I mean Maddison & Sane have had what, one, maximum two good seasons at the 'top'? And Guendouzi has had what, 0 good seasons? He's not even Arsenal's best midfielder, and that's saying something. And don't even get me started on a poor man's Aaron Wan-Bissaka at right back. Not that I think I should get extra points for my picks, make your own minds up. But you know, just saying.

We don’t have to give a vote for that, do we?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2020, 06:30:45 pm »
Went with Haz on the first one, as he has my favourite team of the draft. Robbie's team is very good though, well not very good but not terrible either.

Luis has a really nice team, too bad he’s a whiny little cockroach who cost me a place on the final in the last draft, so went with Gerry.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 07:12:55 pm by Lastrador »

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2020, 07:01:25 pm »
We don’t have to give a vote for that, do we?

Well don't say it like that.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2020, 07:06:29 pm »
Went with Haz in the first one, as he has my favourite team of the draft. Robbie's team is very good though, well not very good but not terrible either.

Luis has a really nice team, too bad he’s a whiny little cockroach who cost me a place on the final in the last draft, so went with Gerry.

:thumbup

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2020, 07:18:08 pm »
Went with Haz on the first one, as he has my favourite team of the draft. Robbie's team is very good though, well not very good but not terrible either.

:wave
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2020, 08:07:52 pm »

People take this shit way too seriously :lmao

Good luck Gerrence my man. Voted for Robbie in the other game although I like Hazell's team as well.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2020, 08:35:25 pm »
Went for Robbie and KingLuis, but Robbie/Hazell is pretty much a coin flip IMO.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2020, 12:26:44 am »
Ooof poor Gerry
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2020, 07:59:43 am »
Ooof poor Gerry

The voting is all over the place. The teams in my group were no worse than KingLuis' side.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2020, 10:12:14 am »
The voting is all over the place. The teams in my group were no worse than KingLuis' side.

KingLuis*
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same