Author Topic: The Ultimate Movie Night Draft - Sign Up and Discussion Thread  (Read 84385 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Re: The Ultimate Movie Night Draft - Sign Up and Discussion Thread
« Reply #2200 on: October 3, 2017, 07:02:26 pm »
Q1P1 Hazell
Q1P1 Djozer
Q1P3 Buck Pete

Q2P1 Red Mongoose
Q2P2 Crosby Nick
Q2P2 Thush

Q3P1 Lastrador
Q3P2 Titi Camara
Q3P3 Chakan

Q4P1 dave 5516
Q4P2 noname
Q4P3 Sheer Magnetism

I think that's right....shout if anyone disagrees....my brain is mush lol 8) :wave

No ties that mean sudden death, will post up the Semi Finals tmw as frankly I can't be arsed just now ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2201 on: October 3, 2017, 07:10:26 pm »
I am 100% sure that you haven't watched it. If it were called "Your Name is Ernest and You're Going to Camp," you'd have seen it.

:D

A classic that would've been my friend.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2202 on: October 3, 2017, 07:11:46 pm »
There's going to be a Hollywood live action remake of that. With JJ Abrams and the writer of ARRIVAL. Which was a fantastic movie that came out last year.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2203 on: October 3, 2017, 07:13:48 pm »
There's going to be a Hollywood live action remake of that. With JJ Abrams and the writer of ARRIVAL. Which was a fantastic movie that came out last year.

Will there be lens flare?
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2204 on: October 3, 2017, 07:16:29 pm »
There won't because JJ is producing only.  ;D and it will be a few years out because he's writing Star Wars Episode 9 for a 2019 December release.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #2205 on: October 3, 2017, 08:04:55 pm »
The actual writer, as in the the writer of the novella that Arrival is based on,Ted Chiang ?

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2206 on: October 3, 2017, 08:10:13 pm »
No, the writer of the movie mate.  :D

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #2207 on: October 3, 2017, 08:11:27 pm »
How can myself and Milkay Gundog vote for Crosby Nick in this current draft?

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #2208 on: October 3, 2017, 08:21:42 pm »
No, the writer of the movie mate.  :D
I see. Chiang is a great sci-fi writer and he'd have been a good choice to write the story for Your Name. He's already written quite a few film scripts for films you'll have seen...I would have liked to see him take on this story.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #2209 on: October 3, 2017, 08:25:00 pm »
I see. Chiang is a great sci-fi writer and he'd have been a good choice to write the story for Your Name. He's already written quite a few film scripts for films you'll have seen...I would have liked to see him take on this story.

I would love for them to leave it the fuck alone, actually  ;D
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #2210 on: October 3, 2017, 08:30:57 pm »
I would love for them to leave it the fuck alone, actually  ;D
Well, obviously. Hollywood can't be trusted. It's best we forget there's going to be a remake. ;D

I might put it on tomorra, in 4k.....it looks amazing.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2211 on: October 3, 2017, 08:45:53 pm »
I'm surprised Betty didn't go through after picking Weird Science. Who doesn't want to see Kelly LeBrock in garish outfits, Bill Paxton acting like an arsehole and then being turned into a shit-monster, Robert Downey Jr wearing a bra on his head, The Hills Have Eyes guy worried about losing his teaching job and two geeks ultimately finding romance? It's the shallowest and best John Hughes movie.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2212 on: October 4, 2017, 09:24:11 am »
Semi Final One

Semi Final Two

Voting will close at around 6pm tmw.

Top 3 from each semi final will go through to the grand final.

Go for it :wave

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2213 on: October 5, 2017, 09:34:15 am »
Ha ha the chat's gone dead since the draft finished and the voting started....

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #2214 on: October 5, 2017, 11:21:39 am »
I'd be happy to visit Noname's cinema.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2215 on: October 5, 2017, 11:27:59 am »
We need a few more to vote.....7 hours to go, the tension is palpable! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2216 on: October 5, 2017, 11:31:53 am »
We need a few more to vote.....7 hours to go, the tension is palpable! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not for me, Clive. I'm a lost cause.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2217 on: October 5, 2017, 04:08:03 pm »
Grand Final

Voting will close at around 6pm tmw.

First place gets a cookie, a pat on the head, a full explanation of Bladerunner from Samie and a 2 hour introduction to bebop breakdancing class with Capon 8) :wave

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2218 on: October 5, 2017, 04:16:23 pm »
... a full explanation of Bladerunner from Samie

;D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2219 on: October 6, 2017, 03:39:43 pm »
Sudden Death Grand Final

Voting will close at 5pm today.

3 way tie on 10 votes in the previous final so we've gone to sudden death. 1 vote per person. Voting closes at 5pm today!

First place gets a cookie, a pat on the head, a full explanation of Bladerunner from Samie and a 2 hour introduction to bebop breakdancing class with Capon 8) :wave

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2220 on: October 9, 2017, 01:09:11 pm »
Thanks to everyone who got involved in this.

The next draft is currently taking shape here!  Get involved, it should be fun or at least get us through work ;D ;D ;D