Author Topic: General West Ham thread  (Read 405428 times)

Offline arnaldo

• Legacy Fan
Re: West Ham.
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2011, 04:37:29 pm »
Would take Scott Parker here if we got him cheap enough.
BETFAIR REF CODE NTRDKLEHG FREE £20 BET

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2011, 04:42:12 pm »
The day was finally summed up when Robbie Keane went to throw his shirt into the crowd & .......missed

:lmao

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2011, 04:50:00 pm »
Steve McClaren would be a good manager for them, I guess.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2011, 04:58:07 pm »
An article written by another West Ham fan that I thought was good & interesting. Couldn't put it better myself. This is my fourth relegation in my lifetime.

I believe that many fans of clubs that are relegated from the Premiership get so upset because they have lost sight of what supporting their club means and are actually in love with the Premiership.

The events of the last few days, have highlighted perfectly, how Football has changed to a large degree over the last 20 years and gone from being a sport for the working classes to a brand for the corporate investors.

The marketing boys and girls at SKY and the rest have for years tried to brainwash a whole generation of football fans into believing that the Premiership is where it’s at and little else matters.

In addition to being told that the Premiership is the best league in the world (when in reality it is the best paid league in the world), we are preached to relentlessly and reminded constantly that the Champions League is the icing on the cake and the pinnacle of club football.

SKY, along with other television and media companies and their pundits try to persuade the fans from clubs not involved in European competitions like us, Burnley, Scunthorpe and everyone else, that we should support the Man United’s and the Chelsea’s when they play against the ‘foreign teams’. Many fans fall for it and the TV ratings get a boost, meaning income soars due to advertising revenues.
By all means watch whatever football matches you like, but don’t ever get fooled into cheering for the ‘English Team’ just because they are English.

Appreciate the top players, the Messi’s, the Ronaldo’s etc…They are, after all experts in trying to play the beautiful game the way it should be played. And all teams need to have aspiration to emulate the best. Being a West Ham Fan or a fan of any other club for that matter, should also mean that you are a fan of the beautiful game of football itself.

What is it that is so bad about being relegated from the Premiership?

For many you wouldn’t be far wrong if you thought that it was the prospect of simply not being in ‘the Premiership’. Oh the disgrace, having to slum it with the likes of Leeds and Crystal Palace etc…and other clubs that are no longer quite what they once were.

I believe that some are just upset, because they won’t see the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and Man United playing at Upton Park next year (unless it’s in the Cup). Is it because they’ll miss the ‘star players’ of those clubs or the so called ‘glamour’ that they possess.
Undoubtedly the skill level of some of the top players at the top clubs is far superior to that usually on display in the Championship. Also, with the notable exceptions of teams like Wigan, Bolton and the like, the ‘big teams’ bring a lot of away fans and help to make the atmosphere at the Boleyn.

Believe you me though, next season at the Boleyn, the atmosphere for games against Millwall, Cardiff, Leeds and several others will be better than anything we usually get in the Premiership. I for one, and I know there are several others on here are looking forward to that.

Whether you like it or not, whether you are young or old, top flight football in this country is rotten in many ways. As it currently stands, you’ve got a historically mediocre club like Chelsea enjoying success, which is all down to being bankrolled by the Russian. You’ve got another club with a bit more history in Man City being bankrolled by the Arabs. You’ve got Arsenal trying to hang on to their status by fielding teams packed with foreigners and Liverpool trying desperately to convince their fans and the rest of the country that they can be great once more. In Man United you’ve got the undisputed champions of the last 10 years, seeing their reign slowly coming under threat, but still being just a bit too good for the rest this season. We’ve also had our beloved neighbours, spend fortunes to achieve a limited amount of success. Quarter Finals of the Champions League is not to be sniffed at, but even with all that expenditure, still along way off of having a realistic chance of winning the thing.

You’ve got some of these clubs, buying ‘average’ players for £20 odd million and paying them £100k plus a week. You’ve got others, such as Terry, Lampard, Rooney etc… on £200k a week. That’s £10 Million a year!

When we played Chelsea the other week our entire squad was conservatively valued by many at being worth £30-£40m. Chelsea brought on one sub in Torres who cost £50m! How can any team like West Ham compete over the course of a season with such an uneven playing field.

We have to cope with ‘slimeball’ agents touting around second rate players with no love or knowledge of the clubs history and traditions, who expect to trouser £50k a week for the privilege of ‘playing’ for us. Frankly the whole situation stinks. The Premiership in my eyes stinks, it’s just that so many hold their nose and choose to ignore the stench.

I’m not bitter whatsoever about relegation. I think the club needed to be relegated. It gives us a chance to get rid of some of the overpaid and under performing deadwood in the squad and also it will mean that some of the “I Love the Premiership” fans will disappear.

Coming back to West Ham…..

I don’t particularly care who the next manager is of West Ham, providing they understand the suffering and lack of any real success us fans have been made to endure over the years. Providing they know what the majority of the real fans want…….Attractive football whenever and wherever possible, Effective football when the needs arise and above all, a team that consists of….
Players that are passionate, Players that give 100% each week, Players that appreciate how privileged they are to be professional footballers and Players that understand that they may well earn more in a week than the fans paying to watch them earn in a year, or even several years.

West Ham fans don’t expect success. We hope and pray for it. We want to have our own heroes to show the rest of the footballing world that there are still owners, coaching staff, players and especially supporters that still believe football is a working class game and that it isn’t all about big money signings earning obscene amounts of wages, many of whom couldn’t care less about the club they play for or the supporters that pay to watch them.

Of course we all want to be back in the premiership as quickly as we can. We would all love to be challenging for European places instead of fighting a relegation battle every season. We are not good enough at the moment though and this has been proven by our relegation.

We now need to sort out and address the fundamental problems at our club and not just hope to paper over them to gain a quick return to the premiership and a resumption of our struggles at the bottom. A quick fix is not required, major surgery is.

So to all those crying after relegation and the prospect of playing in the Championship, I say dry your eyes, man up and never forget what it means to be a Hammer.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:03:39 pm by WEST HAM PAUL »
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2011, 05:51:00 pm »
 WEST HAM PAUL

Thats a good PR.

Just wondering mate who do you want as your next boss?

It's tough case they have to put up with the new chuckle brothers and their sister.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2011, 05:51:41 pm »
Steve McClaren would be a good manager for them, I guess.

He's way above championship level.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2011, 06:33:55 pm »
He's way above championship level.

Really. Think he is shit myself.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2011, 07:17:02 pm »
Really. Think he is shit myself.

He's never done great here in terms of the league nor Germany and has succeeded only in the Dutch league. He is poor.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2011, 07:22:49 pm »
Got a few mates who support West Ham so gutted for them. Also when at Upton Park the noise of "im forever blowing bubbles " is good.
YNWA

Offline redway101

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2011, 07:23:40 pm »
Real classy from the owners, sacking the manager in the tunnel. Clearly Grant was useless but it didn't exactly help his cause with the owners along with Brady undermining his authority on a routine basis, didn't they spend much of January courting O'neill and leaked it to the press when they thought they'd landed him?

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2011, 07:27:32 pm »
West Ham need to decide whether they want a manager who is capable of getting them back up straight away, or one who is going to be in it for the long haul and do a proper rebuilding job, which would mean a few more seasons of Championship football. If I was a West Ham fan I'd be worried that Gold and Sullivan will opt for the short-sighted 1st option.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline neel2108

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the king.
« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2011, 07:38:44 pm »

Paul I was meaning to ask out of curiosity, what do the West Ham fans think (if anything) of Ahmed Abdullah in the reserves?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrryWFt7SII

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"With one swing of his gifted right boot Steven Gerrard says, Champions League, Knockout Stage, Here we come!!"

Just can't get enough...........

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2011, 07:47:09 pm »
The day was finally summed up when Robbie Keane went to throw his shirt into the crowd & .......missed

I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2011, 07:49:52 pm »

So to all those crying after relegation and the prospect of playing in the Championship, I say dry your eyes, man up and never forget what it means to be a Hammer.

Brilliant. One of the reasons I admire some west ham fans so much. There not plastic,fake or glory huggers. There proper fans who love and would take all the world has to throw at them. Few clubs can beat the level of support and enthuasiasm they possess.

Best of luck to you Paul and the rest. You'll be back next season. I'm sure of it.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2011, 07:57:18 pm »
Lived near West Ham for many years so feel sorry for them. I also have friends who are West Ham supporters.
YWNA

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2011, 08:20:16 pm »

You'll be back next season. I'm sure of it.

Doubt it - not with them owners.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2011, 08:51:14 pm »
Always liked West Ham so sorry to see them go down. Hope they find themselves back in the Premiership soon.
JFT97

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2011, 08:55:06 pm »
Team shouldve easily been good for 40 odd points.

Weird, they fell foul of the off pitch bullshit ? Nah, Im not having that, the likes of Bridge, Green, Keane and Cole didnt pull their weight and were downright fucking appalling at times for them

But hey they got paid eh? Need to look at themselves in the mirror some of them. Especially that fucking fraud Keane
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2011, 10:06:47 pm »
SSN:

Police called to West Ham end of season dinner...

The club is starting to be the new Newcastle.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2011, 10:12:04 pm »
"All kicked off here. Ba was asked for his autograph apparently and was seen to be said he was too tired. Cue tables and bases being smashed and Security been involved!" - At the Grosvenor House Hotel

Danny Dyer says its pwopa nawty.On SSN now!

Cole , Green and Upson hid in the toilets, Dyer broke his arm picking up a chair to throw, (Keane did the same and missed everyone) and Parker is currently on a table taking on 100 punters with just a napkin and bread roll

"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2011, 10:39:59 pm »
Fan asked player for Autograph He said 'no Im too tired' (c*nt)

Then massive brawl

Someone 'high kicked a vase off one of the tables' David Gold speech interupted by MC shouting 'please sit on your chairs dont throw them'

Jurgen Klopp

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2011, 11:09:54 pm »
You couldn't make this shit up it's hilarious.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1387787/West-Ham-gala-dinner-wrecked-angry-fans-brawl-wake-relegation.html

Apparantly Kovac stood in the middle of the room & didn't know which way to turn

Upsons just gone down with a dead leg, they've carted him off to hospital and x-rayed him to see if there's any fight left in him

Frank Warren is now odds on favourite for the job

Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2011, 11:14:43 pm »
Comedy Gold or Comedy Dave .

Take ya pick ::)
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2011, 11:27:51 pm »
You couldn't make this shit up it's hilarious.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1387787/West-Ham-gala-dinner-wrecked-angry-fans-brawl-wake-relegation.html

Apparantly Kovac stood in the middle of the room & didn't know which way to turn

Upsons just gone down with a dead leg, they've carted him off to hospital and x-rayed him to see if there's any fight left in him

Frank Warren is now odds on favourite for the job

Ben Shephard was the host begging people to 'sit on chairs not throw them' apparently. That lad is more square than a rubix cube

Id pay good money to see the cctv

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Aaronb121

• Kopite
« Reply #144 on: May 16, 2011, 11:31:21 pm »
To tired to move his fingers? pathetic excuse from Ba really.

Offline The Jolly Boys Outing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2011, 11:34:53 pm »
knees up mother brown or what !
AND ARBELOAAAAA

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2011, 11:37:12 pm »
knees up mother brown or what !

I think you'll find its 'MAVVAH BRAAAAAAN'

Jurgen Klopp

Offline mbyx6cg2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2011, 11:41:43 pm »
To tired to move his fingers? pathetic excuse from Ba really.
It's a fucking joke. He's got the easiest name to autograph as well.
Once she's had a few glasses of Chardonnay I'll be in quicker than you can say PDF to offer her a jolly good spit shining of her corned beef curtains

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #148 on: May 16, 2011, 11:44:24 pm »
It's a fucking joke. He's got the easiest name to autograph as well.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2011, 11:49:40 pm »
West Ham would be so lucky to get Mclaren IMO.

Such an underrated manager, bar the England thingy. Mind you, even Capello looks shite managing that gang of fanny's.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2011, 11:51:54 pm »
Fucking hell!
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2011, 12:35:53 am »
Anyone seen the interview with the bloke with the spotty shirt on SSN.

Never do an interview when drunk.

Just agree with the question and then add to it with hear say.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 12:39:26 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2011, 12:46:19 am »
West Ham are a fucking joke. Epitomised by that daft looking c*nt Sullivan. What's his fucking game? Someone should put him in a matchbox and smash it with a fucking sledgehammer.

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2011, 12:49:38 am »
Schteve has ruled himself out of the running now.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13413159.stm

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2011, 01:04:57 am »
I like how SSN say a mass brawl took place.

A vase was high kick over and a table was over turned.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2011, 01:22:05 am »
I like how SSN say a mass brawl took place.

A vase was high kick over and a table was over turned.

And that was just Rob Green reaching for his fork.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just £3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2011, 01:25:22 am »
This is a Dyer way to end the season, i am sure that they were not too Keane to party and will probably Green with envy of the teams that stayed up. Someone must have stoked the Cole, and i am sure that when they Reid about this in the papers they will agree that there was nothing Noble in their actions. A few were probably to be shown the door already, the rest will be in a Collison course with the board as this is a Bridge too Demba Ba.
The cheek of that mon, deserves a shlap

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2011, 02:57:40 am »
This is a Dyer way to end the season, i am sure that they were not too Keane to party and will probably Green with envy of the teams that stayed up. Someone must have stoked the Cole, and i am sure that when they Reid about this in the papers they will agree that there was nothing Noble in their actions. A few were probably to be shown the door already, the rest will be in a Collison course with the board as this is a Bridge too Demba Ba.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2011, 06:37:02 am »
Knob head owner saying he wants a English manager or British manager someone who understands the East end way. What the fuck is the East End Way?

Wait a minute you sacked your manager 2 days a ago - surely you want the best man for the job?

What a joke of a club.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2011, 07:30:27 am »
Knob head owner saying he wants a English manager or British manager someone who understands the East end way. What the fuck is the East End Way?

Phil Mitchell?