Author Topic: Álisson Ramsés Becker  (Read 958788 times)

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alisson Ramses Becker
« Reply #1560 on: November 9, 2018, 11:04:02 am »
I thought that the ball took a strange trajectory over the first half of it's journey. I blame the fucking ball - modern football bah!
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1561 on: November 9, 2018, 02:27:17 pm »
I thought that the ball took a strange trajectory over the first half of it's journey. I blame the fucking ball - modern football bah!
I will get mocked for saying this but it looked very much like a knuckleball to me - hardly span in the air at all. (but did move weirdly).
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1562 on: November 9, 2018, 02:48:14 pm »
State of some 'fans' desperate to assign blame. I swear they believe the dog shit pundits more than our own manager, hang on every word they say then repeat it with certainty as someone in the big flashy box in the corner said it who other people know and like.   

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1563 on: November 9, 2018, 03:05:39 pm »
I will get mocked for saying this but it looked very much like a knuckleball to me - hardly span in the air at all. (but did move weirdly).
It reminded me of this Socrates goal - them arl spotted balls were shite as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkq4fVKzibY
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1564 on: November 9, 2018, 03:20:39 pm »

steady
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1565 on: November 10, 2018, 09:13:50 am »

:butt
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1566 on: November 10, 2018, 10:33:07 am »
Crazy how keepers get so heavily scrutinised nowadays, I blame Gary Neville and Sky for their weird and odd hatred of Karius during his first few months here. Everybody is desperate for Alisson to become a dud as well so any goal we ever concede people will look to blame him. It seems he is expected to save everything just because he cost a few quid.

The lad is boss, we're boss. My one complaint with him is he seems to have gone into his shell somewhat (maybe there wrong term but he is definitely a little more cautious now) after the Leicester error and isn't doing enough crazy shit like taking strikers on etc. Need more of that.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1567 on: November 10, 2018, 10:35:36 am »
I think we’ll see more of it once he settles here and it becomes obvious to everyone just how good he is.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1568 on: November 10, 2018, 06:07:32 pm »
:butt

While it might not be a knuckleball as seen in baseball, the definition fits in football, when the ball doesn't spin and moves about. I've been teaching my lad how to do it as, even with a size 3 ball, the amount of movement you get is ridiculous.

That shot the other night deffo isn't spinning much and did look like it moved late as it got to Allisson.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1569 on: November 10, 2018, 07:50:40 pm »
Crazy how keepers get so heavily scrutinised nowadays, I blame Gary Neville and Sky for their weird and odd hatred of Karius during his first few months here. Everybody is desperate for Alisson to become a dud as well so any goal we ever concede people will look to blame him. It seems he is expected to save everything just because he cost a few quid.

The lad is boss, we're boss. My one complaint with him is he seems to have gone into his shell somewhat (maybe there wrong term but he is definitely a little more cautious now) after the Leicester error and isn't doing enough crazy shit like taking strikers on etc. Need more of that.
The shark was jumped when Neville was dissecting Jagielka's last minute goal against us I think

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1570 on: November 11, 2018, 08:07:25 pm »
He was brilliant. Kept us in the game. This would have been a frustrated draw if it wasn't for him.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #1571 on: November 11, 2018, 08:26:55 pm »
The best compliment I can give him is that he seems to have been around for ages.

A definite step up from what we've had for the last few seasons.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1572 on: November 11, 2018, 08:33:42 pm »
Definitely wanted to stick with Karius and thought 70m was to much.
  So happy with Alisson, he has made a massive difference to our team.
Have stopped the glue sniffing now. :butt

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1573 on: November 11, 2018, 08:38:11 pm »
He has contributed to us being more press resistant. I am more confident that we can play our way out of it now

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1574 on: November 11, 2018, 09:37:09 pm »
The shot he spilled was a bit surprising.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1575 on: November 11, 2018, 10:05:14 pm »
The shot he spilled was a bit surprising.

Not sure it was, there was a lot of talk about his stats when we were linked with him and how everything was off the charts except for that fact that he often pushes the ball back into the middle of the box when making saves.  He's done it a few times already this season but we've not conceded off it so it's no biggie at the moment but I'm a bit worried it might cost us at some point.

Other than that he's doing all that could be expected of him.  I'm surprised at how easily he's adapted to crosses in the English game, doesn't seem at all fazed, just comes and gets them.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1576 on: November 11, 2018, 10:14:52 pm »
Not sure it was, there was a lot of talk about his stats when we were linked with him and how everything was off the charts except for that fact that he often pushes the ball back into the middle of the box when making saves.  He's done it a few times already this season but we've not conceded off it so it's no biggie at the moment but I'm a bit worried it might cost us at some point.

Other than that he's doing all that could be expected of him.  I'm surprised at how easily he's adapted to crosses in the English game, doesn't seem at all fazed, just comes and gets them.

Shades of Brucie. If Bruce was on his game, nothing would get past him. On the other hand Bruce was also capable of the unexplained odd gaffe, but Bruce was a character, mistakes never fazed him. Alisson is similar. What sort of person wears bright pink and bright orange jerserys when playing football  ;D

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #1577 on: November 11, 2018, 10:20:41 pm »
7 clean sheets in his first 12 games in a new team and a new league. Great signing.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1578 on: November 11, 2018, 10:24:51 pm »
5 goals conceded so far this season, same as City. That's some tittle winning defence.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1579 on: November 11, 2018, 10:31:12 pm »
Our majestic Brazilian Number One ;D

He's brilliant.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1580 on: November 11, 2018, 10:35:45 pm »
He even wore a cap during the game, like he wasn't cool enough.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline s_andrews89

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1581 on: November 12, 2018, 09:27:48 am »

I was exactly the same. Man, I was wrong!

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #1582 on: November 12, 2018, 09:54:22 am »

What he said

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #1583 on: November 12, 2018, 10:14:23 am »

haha I was on the same boat my man.

So glad we have Alisson now, he has been fantastic since joining.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1584 on: November 12, 2018, 10:15:22 am »
Yeah he looked cool as fuck with that cap on in the second half.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1585 on: November 12, 2018, 10:18:20 am »

Yeah, it's definitely a weakness of it, but given that it's probably his only one, I think we can live with it.

Good to hear.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1586 on: November 12, 2018, 10:22:42 am »
7 clean sheets in his first 12 games in a new team and a new league. Great signing.

Wow. That also means he’s let in no more than one goal in each league game we have conceded.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1587 on: November 12, 2018, 10:25:23 am »

I see it as a positive. He’s adapted to the league as he’s been put under more pressure when doing that here. He learned from his mistake. I think we’ll see a few dribbles, but only when it’s necessary.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1588 on: November 12, 2018, 11:46:52 am »
Yeah he looked cool as fuck with that cap on in the second half.

For some reason he reminded me of Kevin Kline in A Fish Called Wanda.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1589 on: November 12, 2018, 05:48:52 pm »
A question for the old farts (who remember all keepers wearing hats). Suppose that an attacker beats Alisson and slides the ball toward the far corner. Alisson grabs the hat and throws it on the ball path, stopping the ball from going in the net. What would be the correct call by the referee?

Believe it or not, that had happened way back when!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1590 on: November 12, 2018, 05:54:31 pm »
A question for the old farts (who remember all keepers wearing hats). Suppose that an attacker beats Alisson and slides the ball toward the far corner. Alisson grabs the hat and throws it on the ball path, stopping the ball from going in the net. What would be the correct call by the referee?

The other team would be awarded five runs.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1591 on: November 12, 2018, 06:18:22 pm »
^ ha ha :D

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1592 on: November 12, 2018, 06:24:31 pm »

That would be a penalty for throwing an object at the ball.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1593 on: November 12, 2018, 07:53:02 pm »

But if it's a beach ball does Catch 22 apply?

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1594 on: November 13, 2018, 05:09:11 am »
;D

Not really. Any foreign object is treated as an extension of the arm. So if a player takes the hat off the keeper and throws it at the ball (I can't believe that's a real case), then it's a penalty. But the keeper is allowed to use his hands. The correct decision would be an indirect free kick as in the case of a back-pass.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1595 on: November 13, 2018, 05:13:21 am »
But if it's a beach ball does Catch 22 apply?
That beach ball incident should have been a drop ball.

Are we the only team to ever concede a goal from a beach ball?

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1596 on: November 13, 2018, 12:48:56 pm »
;D

Not really. Any foreign object is treated as an extension of the arm. So if a player takes the hat off the keeper and throws it at the ball (I can't believe that's a real case), then it's a penalty. But the keeper is allowed to use his hands. The correct decision would be an indirect free kick as in the case of a back-pass.

Throwing an object at the ball is a direct free kick. (Laws of the game). If it is in the area, that's a definite pen.

The beach ball was a fuck up, but it wasn't thrown by a player, so different situations.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:50:30 pm by Nessy76 »
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #1597 on: November 13, 2018, 12:59:45 pm »

The beach ball was a fuck up, but it wasn't thrown by a player, so different situations.
and who recalls fat heads mocking of Rafa?..if  you knew that rule, youre a  person that I find irritating"{well maybe not person that I find irritating, but along the lines}
JFT 96

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1598 on: November 13, 2018, 06:36:16 pm »
and who recalls fat heads mocking of Rafa?..if  you knew that rule, youre a  person that I find irritating"{well maybe not person that I find irritating, but along the lines}

And then whinging about Kuyt's goal against Sunderland the next season. That was pretty funny (not so much the result).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1599 on: November 13, 2018, 08:37:16 pm »
Throwing an object at the ball is a direct free kick. (Laws of the game). If it is in the area, that's a definite pen.

It is not. It depends if the keeper throws it or an outfield player throws it. the difference comes from the fact that any foreign object is considered "an extension of the arm" and the keeper can use his arms. An outfield player would also get a red card for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, but the keeper would only get a yellow for unsporting behavior.