Author Topic: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0  (Read 152135 times)

Offline Red Sox

• Main Stander
  • welcome to the heighway .........
Re: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0
« Reply #720 on: April 28, 2015, 10:53:47 pm »
Balotelli

Lambert

Aspas

Borini

There's your strikers YOU signed Brendan FUCKING MOTIVATE them

We were fucking clueless, and we have been for weeks. Brendan will be sacked as soon as the season is over, can't see any other outcome.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #721 on: April 28, 2015, 10:53:54 pm »
Well thank God I had an exam during this game....
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: April 28, 2015, 10:54:17 pm »
Annoys the fuck out of me this. We didn't spend 100m, we spent the Suarez cash and 20m ish on top of that. Net spend is the only relevant factor. And the fact is, when it comes to it, FSG don't put their hands in their pockets like the other big teams above us do.

Yes, net spend is important. What we can't ignore though, is that we bought players for 100M+ and how many starters did we get? Today we started with Can, Lovren and Balotelli. We played Ibe ahead of Markovic and Lallana. And I don't think anyone can fault Rodgers for that call. That too says a lot. We can't make as big mistakes as we did in the transfer market. No-one can afford it.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #723 on: April 28, 2015, 10:54:28 pm »
Very true. We've had a net spend of £25m for the past 3 windows.

Piss poor that. Fsg aren't blameless. All you will see is £100m but we've spent fuck all in real terms

And only just scrapped past FFP.

It's almost as if you're not allowed to spunk a load of money the club doesn't make on players.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: April 28, 2015, 10:54:52 pm »
Rodgers is talking about the future so hopefully he has been given enough assurances. We surely have to pick up some form though otherwise we go into next season on a massive downward trend.

I am going to concede a bit though that I am doubting we will be challenging for the league next season :)

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #725 on: April 28, 2015, 10:55:00 pm »
Well, clearly. But what do I know eh? I always stood behind Rafa and was devastated when he left. It was a travesty. But it was me against the 99% of RAWK back then...
Fuck no, it wasn't 99% of Rawk. I'm still devastated he's gone, but probably half of us were behind him and a good portion of us backed him to the hilt.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #726 on: April 28, 2015, 10:55:01 pm »
Unfortunately we appear to have become a very expensive Swansea but with less trophies.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: April 28, 2015, 10:55:09 pm »
We were fucking clueless, and we have been for weeks. Brendan will be sacked as soon as the season is over, can't see any other outcome.

If so, I look forward immensely to another season of transition, followed in 2 years time with another manager leaving with the fans on his back.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #728 on: April 28, 2015, 10:55:32 pm »
Yeah but he was bad for sponsors and the brand. Need that Dunkin Donughts money.

Spot fucking on.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: April 28, 2015, 10:55:33 pm »
Well because the squad was small and we had CL games to play, I'd imagine.

We was told repeatedly that Brendan preferred one or two that could really improve us than six or seven squad depth.
Depth made no difference in europe, we was humiliated.

If we wanted a world class player, given we had a 100m warchest we could of got two.

Offline Darth Red

• Kopite
« Reply #730 on: April 28, 2015, 10:56:01 pm »
Well, clearly. But what do I know eh? I always stood behind Rafa and was devastated when he left. It was a travesty. But it was me against the 99% of RAWK back then...
Not having a pop at you over Rafa. I was a devout supporter too. He built an incredible team and suffered under the worst owners/board imaginable waiting to knife him at the first opportunity. I just don't feel the Brendan is anywhere near the same league as Rafa.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: April 28, 2015, 10:56:23 pm »
If so, I look forward immensely to another season of transition, followed in 2 years time with another manager leaving with the fans on his back.

Yeah no one could possibly  have done a better job with £220m and the best striker in world football
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: April 28, 2015, 10:56:37 pm »
A pet peev of mine this season is the official website insistence of referring to any defeat as a "reversal".

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/184337-reds-suffer-hull-city-reversal

Now when I was at school a reversal was a wrestling term, as in "mai gawd Stone Cold, what a reversal into a Stunner".

Getting  beat by Hull was a "defeat" not a "reversal". WTF, sort your fucking writers out LFC.

That wasn't fucking wrestling, you ted. That was Dancing With Steds. A proper wrestling move was a Big Daddy Splash or a Kendo Nagasaki Kamikaze Crash.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #733 on: April 28, 2015, 10:57:02 pm »
I am going to concede a bit though that I am doubting we will be challenging for the league next season :)

Yep, at least we won't have expectations for next season.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: April 28, 2015, 10:57:13 pm »
Not having a pop at you over Rafa. I was a devout supporter too. He built an incredible team and suffered under the worst owners/board imaginable waiting to knife him at the first opportunity. I just don't feel the Brendan is anywhere near the same league as Rafa.

He's not, but he's young and inexperienced. And doesn't answer back like Rafa would!

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #735 on: April 28, 2015, 10:57:34 pm »

I don't thin Brendan is going to be sacked. But I do think he is on thin ice.

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: April 28, 2015, 10:58:08 pm »
Why?

as he said, we needed to bulk out the rest of the squad. it did need to be done, and Can and marrko could still come really good. playing in their proper positions mind.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: April 28, 2015, 10:58:11 pm »
Yeah no one could possibly  have done a better job with £220m and the best striker in world football

See you in 2 years time.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: April 28, 2015, 10:58:12 pm »
PSG,Man City,Madrid potentially all looking for new managers….Goes to Liverpool. Whose only honour of recent times is the League cup. Yeah I'm really dealing tarot cards. Tool

Maybe Klopp wants to do what someone hasn't been able to do for the past 25 years

Yeah you can go to PSG, Real Madrid and splash cash and win countless trophies but why not do something else?

He's taken Dortmund from nowhere and beat Bayern

Rafa beat Real and Barca with Valencia

And Diego Simeone has beaten Real and Barca with Atletico

Why has Diego signed a new deal with Atletico

I would argue he's the best manager in the world with what he's got, Atletico have gone through many transitions but he's kept them near the top

Top 3 in La Liga

And unlucky to not make the Semi's of the Champions League
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #739 on: April 28, 2015, 10:58:17 pm »
you do realise that unlike a few in this thread FS defended Rafa when the jackals some in this thread (They know who they are) moaned and whined and gave the yanks and Cecil the excuse to sack him. There is no comparison but as long as Ayre is here and breathing you will never see Rafa back with us.
I cant work out why some people keep wishing for the impossible
That's easy, Ian Ayre will be fired too. Just watch.  ;)

Offline faisfais

• Kopite
« Reply #740 on: April 28, 2015, 10:58:18 pm »
The thing with Rafa was he was accountable. When the team did well, we knew it was Rafa's tactical acumen (how can you explain Traore, Biscan, LeTallec, Pongolle's Champions League Medals). When they performed poorly, we knew it was Rafa's tactical stubborness or lack of adventure. Whatever the result was we knew it was down mainly due to the manager's decisions. I loved that about Rafa. It did not matter how shit or good the players were, it was down to Rafa, and he liked it. Can't say the same for Brendan. He is always a few players short of his master plan.

People talk about that "slip" by Stevie G, but in my opinion this made more difference to Liverpool football club.

Public opinion changed after that.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #741 on: April 28, 2015, 10:58:21 pm »
Fucking hell, because we're one of the biggest clubs in the world maybe?

We're 42nd in coefficient rankings, behind Dnipro, Rubin Kazan, PSV and one place above Ukrainian side FC Metalist Kharkiv

We have a great history and we have a massive following, but we are fucking light years behind the competition and we realy need to wake up.

Fans turning their noses up at Europa League next season or Klopp coming to us because he's 5th as if we're Real Madrid or something.

We're in big fucking trouble lads, we could have at least 10 players leave in the summer, we have no spine, our captain is leaving and we could have a new manager too.

What a difference a year makes eh?  :'(
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: April 28, 2015, 10:58:43 pm »
I don't think John Henry logs onto RAWK and goes: "Tom the tide is turning, sack him"

It amazing how this mythical force on rawk can get managers sacked, never appointed mind.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #743 on: April 28, 2015, 10:59:05 pm »
There's no player bigger than the club but believe me it's the manager that shapes it, nurtures it and grows it.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #744 on: April 28, 2015, 10:59:33 pm »
To get back to the game:

Hull fully deserved their win. They were the better side.

Good refereeing I must say, almost all decisions spot on so always good when they do not influence the result.

Migs was good, Lovren as well. Coutinho tries. Markovic looked lively in his short spell. Ibe needs more seasoning. Allen was decent but we needed much more from Henderson and from Sterling.

Manager has lost it. What is it? Plot, team you name it.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #745 on: April 28, 2015, 11:00:07 pm »
True, because we had a couple of bottles of Stout last night and he was saying he`s undecided.

These friggin know it alls, eh

That may be so, but I had coffee with him... THIS MORNING. And he said and I quote "I would never come to Liverpool, even if it was the last club on earth. They haven't won anything for what? 70 years. Its just a shithouse club full of shithouse fans. Nah, think I'll join Mike Ashley at the barcodes instead. Like a pheonix from the ashes"

Then he got in his ford fiesta and darted heard first into oncoming traffic.

Top lad.

Offline Darth Red

• Kopite
« Reply #746 on: April 28, 2015, 11:00:26 pm »
He's not, but he's young and inexperienced. And doesn't answer back like Rafa would!
That's the problem though. You need a strong character - not just in words but in action. Rafa took on Ferguson and Mourinho and didn't back down. This club needs someone of that ilk. The pressure is tremendous.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: April 28, 2015, 11:00:43 pm »
To get back to the game:

Hull fully deserved their win. They were the better side.

Good refereeing I must say, almost all decisions spot on so always good when they do not influence the result.

Migs was good, Lovren as well. Coutinho tries. Markovic looked lively in his short spell. Ibe needs more seasoning. Allen was decent but we needed much more from Henderson and from Sterling.

Manager has lost it. What is it? Plot, team you name it.

I thought the refereeing was fucking abysmal, again.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #748 on: April 28, 2015, 11:01:06 pm »
I sure hope so, I`d dread watching one-dimensional counter-attacking football that we don`t even have personnel for anyway. Would rather find some strikers for Rodgers so we can watch some good football next season.
Couldn't care less what we play like, so long as we win things.

And I for one don't find a game aesthetically pleasing when every opponent's attack looks like they're gonna score.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: April 28, 2015, 11:01:30 pm »

He never had 4 Bayerns to contend with either.
:butt
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • nothing like a nice cup of tea
« Reply #750 on: April 28, 2015, 11:02:52 pm »
Not my recollection at all. I seem to remember the vast majority of the forum being quite pissed off when Rafa went. I for one would have loved him to have stayed on.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #751 on: April 28, 2015, 11:03:07 pm »
We're 42nd in coefficient rankings, behind Dnipro, Rubin Kazan, PSV and one place above Ukrainian side FC Metalist Kharkiv

We have a great history and we have a massive following, but we are fucking light years behind the competition and we realy need to wake up.

Fans turning their noses up at Europa League next season or Klopp coming to us because he's 5th as if we're Real Madrid or something.

We're in big fucking trouble lads, we could have at least 10 players leave in the summer, we have no spine, our captain is leaving and we could have a new manager too.

What a difference a year makes eh?  :'(

The 10 players leaving probably wouldn't effect us such is their minuscule contribution.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: April 28, 2015, 11:03:17 pm »
But we couldn't spend it on ONE world class striker. We had to spend it on 4 good players instead to bulk out the meagre squad we had. We just don't compete financially.

We could have easily, sorry but that is just an excuse.

Look at the signings, did we need

Lovren when we had Sakho or Agger or Ilori? £20m
Balotelli when we has Aspas or Borin or Lambert? £16m
Markovic when we had Ibe? £20m
Lallana when we had Coutinho or Alberto? £25m!!

How much of a contribution have those players made?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 11:14:28 pm by RK7 »

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #753 on: April 28, 2015, 11:03:22 pm »
I don't thin Brendan is going to be sacked. But I do think he is on thin ice.

FSG are not stupid, they would only move if they believe they have a better option. If they have what they believe is a better option then Brendan might be facing problems.

As for Rafa, I don't think he'd be back here but it would be painful to see him pitch up at West Ham or Sunderland or, god forbid, Newcastle, next year. If I were Mike Ashley I would be getting some cash out and calling him because he might be the one man who could deliver for any one of those three teams (all of whom can attract 40,000 plus each week with all that brings
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: April 28, 2015, 11:03:22 pm »
Maybe Klopp wants to do what someone hasn't been able to do for the past 25 years

Yeah you can go to PSG, Real Madrid and splash cash and win countless trophies but why not do something else?

He's taken Dortmund from nowhere and beat Bayern

Rafa beat Real and Barca with Valencia

And Diego Simeone has beaten Real and Barca with

Why has Diego signed a new deal with

I would argue he's the best manager in the world with what he's got,  have gone through many transitions but he's kept them near the top

Top 3 in La Liga

And unlucky to not make the Semi's of the Champions League
No because he has kind of proved himself already and has had all of Europe watch his side defy the odds for years but what does he gain from joining a stagnant and financially impoverished Liverpool side? Apart from the tag of the miracle worker or the renaissance man.

The reason why I say he is going to City or PSG is because he will earn a lot of money. Sign the best players and build his own squad quicker. If he fails he can easily go to Liverpool if we are manager less in the future. But if he comes to us and fails he will quite possibly never have a crack at a top club.

Thats why I don't see it but I won't spoil the forums campaign. Good luck getting that guy.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #755 on: April 28, 2015, 11:04:00 pm »
Amazing.

You know why the extension was signed don't you? To iron clad the buy out clause that Barca then activated at £75m.

So Rodgers can be criticised for a lot, but certainly not "letting Suarez go".

So contracts essentially mean shit then yeah? Sorry, but the club handled it disgracefully. Not having a go but you can see where I'm coming from here surely. Anyway, it's all in the past now, and there's dick all we can do about it. But the way it was paraded at the time, tying him in to a long term deal and broadcasting it like the greatest thing ever, made us fans look like fucking chumps. Tonight is just the latest example of the club being so far off the pace it's embarrassing.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #756 on: April 28, 2015, 11:04:00 pm »
I thought the refereeing was fucking abysmal, again.

Wasn't impressed either. Not blaming anything on the ref, just don't think he was any good.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: April 28, 2015, 11:04:51 pm »
  :butt

To be fair, he meant financially.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #758 on: April 28, 2015, 11:05:25 pm »
And only just scrapped past FFP.

It's almost as if you're not allowed to spunk a load of money the club doesn't make on players.

Only scraped FFP by virtue of not actually competing in Europe right?
:D

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #759 on: April 28, 2015, 11:05:26 pm »
Not my recollection at all. I seem to remember the vast majority of the forum being quite pissed off when Rafa went. I for one would have loved him to have stayed on.
So did I was gutted when they got rid of Rafa. Total lack of respect by those clown owners.