Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586756 times)

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #4120 on: January 6, 2020, 04:55:29 am »
But he did come off the bench in those two games though? And significantly changed the game.

Merely saying in similar circumstances next year Klopp would still probably not give those two important stints to Jones or Elliott, but to another more senior squad member.

Potentially, unless Jones/Elliott develop a bit more between now and next season, which is feasible. Even so there'd still be a place for Lallana to lead the kids against Villa. I think we're sorta talking across purposes because I can also imagine circumstances in which Lallana would be a useful safety blanket, but I think we do have to find the balance between security and bringing through the next generation.

I also hate to have to do this - but I think Lallana is a great professional who definitely adds something to the squad. It's just a matter of getting our priorities right.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #4121 on: January 6, 2020, 07:51:07 am »
I’m guessing there were like 20 Adam Lallana supporters with posts already typed, ready to post as soon as the match ended. His followers are weirdly devoted. I’d urge you devote yourself to the crest first.

Lallana looked his normal slow, ineffectual self today for me. Didn’t stand out stand out like you’d expect a first team player to in a team full of kids (See Gomez for what a first team player should look like in that squad). He was slow when he joined the club, and all of the injuries have clearly physically limited him even more. He isn’t Liverpool quality. At this point it shouldn’t even be a discussion, but I know that he has a weird cult following for some reason.

Wish him the best at the next club he plays for. Hope he finishes his club with Southampton or something, but he probably isn’t good enough for them at this point, either.

I'm guessing you are clueless with a history of posting utter bollocks. If you cant see what he brought to yesterdays game then maybe football is beyond your comprehension skills.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4122 on: January 6, 2020, 07:57:43 am »
I’ve read some rubbish in my time but Lallana not good enough for Southampton? Dear me. He’s good enough for Liverpool, run away league leaders, world and European champions and regularly in Klopp’s match day squad. He was excellent yesterday, the performance  of a senior pro. If you cannot see how good he was yesterday and in his other performances this season I’d suggest football isn’t for you.
JFT97

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #4123 on: January 6, 2020, 08:04:05 am »
Lallana was excellent yesterday. Ran tirelessly and chased everything down.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4124 on: January 6, 2020, 08:09:04 am »
Is that all 20 of us Lallana fans who have posted now? Or any still to post? Salty needs to know
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4125 on: January 6, 2020, 08:42:24 am »

A captains performance last night, certainly a contender for MotM.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4126 on: January 6, 2020, 08:57:18 am »
Thought he was excellent yesterday. An injury free Lallana is a great addition to the first team.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4127 on: January 6, 2020, 09:09:44 am »
Is that all 20 of us Lallana fans who have posted now? Or any still to post? Salty needs to know

Should've gone above 20 a while ago  ;D

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4129 on: January 6, 2020, 09:42:07 am »
Good read in the Indy,

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/liverpool-vs-everton-fa-cup-adam-lallana-curtis-jones-jurgen-klopp-latest-news-a9271501.html

'why Lallana is the perfect reference point for talented kids now he's stopped choking them'  ....... sorry couldn't resist

Thought last night was his best performance in a Liverpool shirt in the context of playing with a team of kids/strangers - not sure whether him or Chirivella put in the better performance would have to watch it back but he was the leader on the pitch and fantastic with and without the ball
« Last Edit: January 6, 2020, 09:53:51 am by JackWard33 »

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4130 on: January 6, 2020, 09:51:41 am »
Lallana led by example yesterday.  These young lads need guidance on the pitch and that's what happened yesterday.

A case of, If the senior pro who has had some bad injuries is running through brick walls to win the Derby, then I should be doing it to.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #4131 on: January 6, 2020, 10:06:09 am »
Incredible performance yesterday and was my MOTM. He was everywhere and led by example. He wasn’t going to let Everton boss our kids and he got stuck in. His pressing and energy were top drawer.
#JFT97

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4132 on: January 6, 2020, 10:59:33 am »
not sure whether him or Chirivella put in the better performance would have to watch it back but he was the leader on the pitch and fantastic with and without the ball

Unquestionably Lallana. Chirivella was really good, but the pace of the game understandably caught up with him a few times and it could have cost us against better opposition. Don't recall him making a tackle either. I think he'd be excellent at a mid-table La Liga or Serie A side but don't see him as a Premier League player to be honest.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4133 on: January 6, 2020, 11:47:06 am »
Unquestionably Lallana. Chirivella was really good, but the pace of the game understandably caught up with him a few times and it could have cost us against better opposition. Don't recall him making a tackle either. I think he'd be excellent at a mid-table La Liga or Serie A side but don't see him as a Premier League player to be honest.

You're probably right about Lallana - haven't watched it back.
In fairness to Chirivella it was hard for him to make a tackle when Everton were incapable of passing in midfield and bypassed it almost entirely - though I agree he's probably not PL ... but will have a decent career somewhere
(without being a wet blanket the performances of our midfield 3 probably should be seen in the context of the midfield vaccuum of bodies, effort, organisation and technique that was the Everton midfield - all of our boys were constantly in 5+ yards of space... was embarrassing)

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4134 on: January 6, 2020, 11:55:01 am »
You're probably right about Lallana - haven't watched it back.
In fairness to Chirivella it was hard for him to make a tackle when Everton were incapable of passing in midfield and bypassed it almost entirely - though I agree he's probably not PL ... but will have a decent career somewhere
(without being a wet blanket the performances of our midfield 3 probably should be seen in the context of the midfield vaccuum of bodies, effort, organisation and technique that was the Everton midfield - all of our boys were constantly in 5+ yards of space... was embarrassing)

Very true. It actually turned out to be a good game for some of our better technical midfield players to play once they ran out of steam after 30 minutes.

Gylfi Sigurdsson is a horrific footballer - his lack of intelligence off the ball is something to behold.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4135 on: January 6, 2020, 11:58:33 am »
Very true. It actually turned out to be a good game for some of our better technical midfield players to play once they ran out of steam after 30 minutes.

Gylfi Sigurdsson is a horrific footballer - his lack of intelligence off the ball is something to behold.

Yeah I posted in the pre match team arguments that people were ruling out the possibility that Everton running out their first team again could be a bigger mistake / disadvantage than us running out a fresh XI .... they were gassed in the second half.

Sigurdsson has parlayed a great dead ball striking ability into a career way above his ability and value... he's proof there's still some horrific Match of the Day style scouting in top level football.. the Lallana turn that totally undressed him was a thing of beauty

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4136 on: January 6, 2020, 12:19:42 pm »
To be fair to both Lallana and Pedro - they also created a lot of space themselves with some very nice turns and escapes. On the other hand, as noted, there may have been a point in the game where the Everton players didn't attack them for fear of being burned.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4137 on: January 6, 2020, 01:20:11 pm »
Potentially, unless Jones/Elliott develop a bit more between now and next season, which is feasible. Even so there'd still be a place for Lallana to lead the kids against Villa. I think we're sorta talking across purposes because I can also imagine circumstances in which Lallana would be a useful safety blanket, but I think we do have to find the balance between security and bringing through the next generation.

I also hate to have to do this - but I think Lallana is a great professional who definitely adds something to the squad. It's just a matter of getting our priorities right.

I think you're right, we were essentially in agreement. My mistake, it was the middle of the night :D
Just to chime in, as someone without Adam in their username ;) , that I agree - by far and away the best player on the pitch I thought.

I liked that he mixed in some helpful encouragement and guidance with some tough love and bollockings.

There was an early corner post-Milner leaving and while it was being set up you could see Lallana calling to Larouci who was the first man - could tell from the hand gestures that he was warning Walcott (I think) was potentially going to run from the goal mouth  on his blindside to try and get ahead of Larouci at the last second. It was exactly what happened too, and he helped Larouci stay switched on to it. Think he also helped to gee up Phillips who was beginning to retreat into his shell after Calvert Lewin was allowed to foul him twice in order to win headers. More assertive and confident Phillips didn't have that problem again

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #4138 on: January 7, 2020, 08:46:34 pm »
Glad he reminded some what he can do - absolutely superb display on Sunday, one of the best displays I've seen this season. Then again I suppose it was only the Ev ;)

To be honest though he's played well whenever he's come in since he's been fit and healthy.

Given his injury record though I suspect he'll be offered a one year extension with a further year - Klopp clearly loves the guy.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #4139 on: January 11, 2020, 07:27:55 pm »
Another great little cameo.
AHA!

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4140 on: January 11, 2020, 07:33:54 pm »
30 mins - not just a cameo. Did really well in retaining possession.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4141 on: January 11, 2020, 07:49:45 pm »
Meh you probably had that written ready to send before the game even started.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4142 on: January 11, 2020, 10:38:10 pm »
Was comfortably our best player whilst on the pitch. We'll miss him next season

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #4143 on: January 11, 2020, 10:39:07 pm »
Meh you probably had that written ready to send before the game even started.

Ditto
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4144 on: January 11, 2020, 11:09:39 pm »
Was comfortably our best player whilst on the pitch. We'll miss him next season

Hopefully he'll get an extension, but if he wants to move on then best of luck to him
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4145 on: January 12, 2020, 01:49:26 pm »
I wouldn’t mind him staying another year, but my guess is that he’ll leave.

But I’d certainly miss him, he’s an excellent player and his first touch is really special. We saw it again yesterday, towards the end of the game, when he collected, I think, Trent’s lofted pass down the right like it was nothing.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4146 on: January 12, 2020, 02:02:18 pm »
Holding his own first touch of the season competition.  I think the Everton one was still slightly better than the Spurs one.

Would love him to stay.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4147 on: January 13, 2020, 05:30:21 pm »
Just been top draw late.

1st touch is unreal.

Hope he stays.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4148 on: January 13, 2020, 06:02:24 pm »
Just been top draw late.

1st touch is unreal.

Hope he stays.

Top drawer even!

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #4149 on: January 13, 2020, 07:38:52 pm »
Top drawer even!

No, he's a keen amateur cartoonist.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #4150 on: January 13, 2020, 07:47:44 pm »
Needs to stay. Still a cracking player and no signs of slowing down or losing stamina.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4151 on: January 13, 2020, 07:50:07 pm »

Think we'll offer him an extension, but if he feels like starting for another club don't think there will be any bad blood. He did more than enough to justify his purchase, would be great to see him leave as a Premier League and European champion.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4152 on: January 14, 2020, 11:29:07 am »

But I’d certainly miss him, he’s an excellent player and his first touch is really special. We saw it again yesterday, towards the end of the game, when he collected, I think, Trent’s lofted pass down the right like it was nothing.
That touch was mentioned by LFC on twitter by the way, here: https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1216761070792118272

The turn to get away from his marker isn't bad either.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4153 on: January 14, 2020, 11:32:19 am »
That touch was mentioned by LFC on twitter by the way, here: https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1216761070792118272

The turn to get away from his marker isn't bad either.

Oh, to be able to turn either way equally quickly, with equal disguise. Never mind the two footedness. Buying space = buying time = producing speed. We are quicker with Lallana in the team.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4154 on: February 7, 2020, 09:34:08 pm »
Adam Lallana is preparing to leave Liverpool this summer.

The midfielder is in the final year of his contract and the ECHO understands the Reds are not in discussion with the 31-year-old to extend his deal.

The England international, who arrived at Anfield in the summer of 2014, is understood to be attracting interest from the likes of Arsenal, Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur.

A lack of discussions surrounding Lallana's contract is understood to be owed to the fact the player wants guaranteed regular game time and Jurgen Klopp respects that he cannot offer that.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4155 on: February 7, 2020, 09:37:05 pm »

The midfielder is in the final year of his contract and the ECHO understands the Reds are not in discussion with the 31-year-old to extend his deal.

The England international, who arrived at Anfield in the summer of 2014, is understood to be attracting interest from the likes of Arsenal, Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur.

A lack of discussions surrounding Lallana's contract is understood to be owed to the fact the player wants guaranteed regular game time and Jurgen Klopp respects that he cannot offer that.

Makes total sense. And Jones will now get a chance. Does make it important to extend a Gini though.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4156 on: February 7, 2020, 09:39:29 pm »
Think Leicester would be a good one. He knows Rodgers well obviously.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4157 on: February 7, 2020, 09:41:07 pm »
He'd be a great signing for Leicester, I have enjoyed watching Lallana he is a very skilful footballer and he will leave with a title to his name at least.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #4158 on: February 7, 2020, 09:44:15 pm »

"Understands" and "is understood".

Any sources named, or just some more speculation based on previous speculation?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4159 on: February 7, 2020, 09:52:46 pm »
"Understands" and "is understood".

Any sources named, or just some more speculation based on previous speculation?

It's the Echo.

Crap paper but they're a decent enough source for things like this.