Author Topic: RAWK IT professionals - any career advice?  (Read 34412 times)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
Re: RAWK IT professionals - any career advice?
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2018, 11:42:55 am »
Guys

Just putting my feelers out here and need some info re:PRINCE2

I've been in IT/Telecomms technical support for years and worked with numerous Project managers over my time.  I now fancy making a move into project management and get myself back out in the field a bit.

Is the PRINCE2 foundation course worth doing and will it stand m in better shape to making the move into PM?

cheers

Curious to see what responses you get to this mate.

I'm looking at a career change, although I'm coming from nearly ten years working in the legal industry rather than IT, and Project Management is definitely something I would be interested in. Read a bit into PRINCE2 recently and seeing mixed opinions on whether it's worth doing.

Offline smithy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2018, 12:43:35 pm »
I think it's a good one to have on the CV in an industry with relatively few globally recognised qualifications. I'm a developer and went for a developer team lead role a few years back. I was told that the difference between me and the guy that got the job was that he had a PRINCE2 qualification.

If you can get your employer to pay for it then it's a no brainer for me. If not, then I still think it's worth looking at. Is there an opportunity cost of doing it? What are your alternatives?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2018, 01:15:10 pm »
I think it's a good one to have on the CV in an industry with relatively few globally recognised qualifications. I'm a developer and went for a developer team lead role a few years back. I was told that the difference between me and the guy that got the job was that he had a PRINCE2 qualification.

If you can get your employer to pay for it then it's a no brainer for me. If not, then I still think it's worth looking at. Is there an opportunity cost of doing it? What are your alternatives?

I have actually just spoken to a PM friend at my company who like you was a Developer who moved to a PM.  He also recommends getting PRINCE2 qualified.

I have a ton of IT/Telecomms technical and service delivery experience and envisage a step up to PM role for me is a natural progression.  I'm no spring chicken and at 47 i think this needs to be done sooner rather than later

My motivation isn't money but more freedom, responsibility and autonomy in the work place.  Not to mention getting out and about visiting customers and sites like i used to in a previous role.

I think I'm going to purchase the foundation and Practitioner online course (exams included).  I've found the price ranging from 700-1200 quid so a bit wary of which one to choose while avoiding being ripped off.

Did you do your course in the classroom or online?

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2018, 01:20:49 pm »
I'd say so - PRINCE2 is a really well recognised qualification that a lot of people going for jobs in the IT/Project management world have now.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2018, 01:40:27 pm »
Great feedback guys..thanks

As per my question above

Has anyone done the Foundation and Practitioner courses online and if so, which company did you use?  There are loads out there prices ranging from 700-1200 quid for both courses (including exams).

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2018, 02:00:44 pm »
Can recommend PRINCE 2 as a course...i have recently done the foundation and then went on and did the newish PRINCE 2 Agile practitioner course.

The foundation course i did alot of self learning for it and had a book called: PRINCE 2 for beginners by Bryan Mathis. i found this easy to follow and it has a sample exam in the back which helped. I had an internal online package to supplement this too but i'd recommend the book.

The Agile practitioner course was my option as more and more places talk about Scrum mastery and more agile methods of project management and i wanted to bridge that gap. I did the course with QA (i went to Manchester). was  a 3 day course with the second part of day 3 doing the exam.

Did both courses and all the learning in 6 months so it can be done pretty quickly (quicker than i did it i'm sure). Found the course for the Agile Practitioner really enjoyable and didnt feel hampered by not having done the traditional Practitioner course first

hope that helps

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2018, 03:29:39 pm »
Great thanks DR. Good Info

Think I'm going to first purchase the Online Foundation course and get that Mathis book too. Get that passed (hopefully) before deciding which Practitioner course to take.

I was actually looking at that company called QA for the online courses.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2018, 03:58:04 pm »
Did my ITIL Service Management with QA, it was classroom based but they were good.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2018, 04:44:41 pm »
Cheers again fella's

QA do the online Foundation and Practitioner courses (with final exams) for £850 total.  That's going on the credit card and I am sure it will be worth it in the end.

I have asked the question of my bosses first and if they decide to invest in me happy days, if not I'll go it alone.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2018, 05:00:12 pm »
Cheers again fella's

QA do the online Foundation and Practitioner courses (with final exams) for £850 total.  That's going on the credit card and I am sure it will be worth it in the end.

I have asked the question of my bosses first and if they decide to invest in me happy days, if not I'll go it alone.

sounds good.

I was really impressed with QA in the face to face course. Hopefully will be a similar deal online in terms of teaching and support.

I'm looking into whether to self fund a scrum master course now to bolster the CV. My wife is a scrum master and gets so many job offers via LinkedIn its ridiculous. Wouldn't mind doing the training and having the qualification to broaden my options a bit should i need to find a job. Appreciate PRINCE 2 Agile practitioner does touch on Scrum but not enough i dont think.

Should add i'm not form an IT background at all but more property and process project management business.

Good luck with the training anyway!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2018, 05:07:42 pm »
sounds good.

I was really impressed with QA in the face to face course. Hopefully will be a similar deal online in terms of teaching and support.

I'm looking into whether to self fund a scrum master course now to bolster the CV. My wife is a scrum master and gets so many job offers via LinkedIn its ridiculous. Wouldn't mind doing the training and having the qualification to broaden my options a bit should i need to find a job. Appreciate PRINCE 2 Agile practitioner does touch on Scrum but not enough i dont think.

Should add i'm not form an IT background at all but more property and process project management business.

Good luck with the training anyway!

My missus looks like a Scrum Master - Cauliflower ears and broken nose :)

Seriously though thanks.  As you and Graeme both sing the praises of QA classroom training I'm going to assume that their online training is as effective.

Really looking forward to doing this now and escaping the shackles of this office and desk (home based) and eventually getting back out there.

I love RAWK for things like this.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2018, 07:04:37 pm »

The foundation course i did alot of self learning for it and had a book called: PRINCE 2 for beginners by Bryan Mathis.

Just ordered this book from Amazon Prime. £5.99

Will start reading it while I wait for my company to decide if they want to help with my course fees :)

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2018, 07:37:16 pm »
Just ordered this book from Amazon Prime. £5.99

Will start reading it while I wait for my company to decide if they want to help with my course fees :)

It’s a dead easy read. Small chapters. Exam at the back is good although they could have spent a bit longer sorting out typos etc

When you are practicing exams you can find a couple online too in terms of 20 practice questions or so

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2018, 10:55:03 pm »
Can someone take a look at my resume please? Job sucks and I need to move ASAP.

Thanks
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2018, 02:40:55 pm »
Can someone take a look at my resume please? Job sucks and I need to move ASAP.

Thanks

What type of job you after mate? 

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2018, 03:27:07 pm »
:lmao completely forgot I was the one who made this thread.

6 year update:
My degree was sort of worthless in the end, employers were more interested in my general IT knowledge and work history. It's a bonus no doubt but wouldn't have been enough on its own.

Floated  about making websites after Uni with not much success, got a job as the sole IT Administrator (thanks to a RAWKite for CV help!) at a logistics company and left that to become a Business Intelligence Consultant which is now where I'm at. Not the tech job I envisioned but its interesting work and quite close to what I wanted in the OP ;D

There's also things more business related I'm pretty interested in, possibly IT consultancy much further down the line. Though these aren't things really pitched to us here.

Should also probably say I'm going to be 27 when I graduate, older compared to most graduates - I was an English teacher before this in Hong Kong, I loved living abroad and the bug is still with me somewhat... are there any IT jobs that involve travel? What is the career market like abroad? (Asia preferably)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 03:28:46 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2018, 04:31:13 pm »
What type of job you after mate?
Data Center Operations and IT Infrastructure.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2018, 09:14:37 am »
My wife is a scrum master and gets so many job offers via LinkedIn its ridiculous.

Cos good ones are really hard to find! Could say the same about PMs to be honest ;D

A lucrative career path in that area is agile coaching, cos most people can't do it properly!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2018, 09:34:06 am »
Any PM's or PRINCE2 trained bods please take a look in the Boozer at the 'ASK RAWK..Replies" thread and try and answer my question.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2018, 10:52:28 am »
Any PM's or PRINCE2 trained bods please take a look in the Boozer at the 'ASK RAWK..Replies" thread and try and answer my question.

have had a go! its like the one eyed man leading the blind a bit i think as i havent got all that much practical experience yet being recently passed!

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2018, 10:58:50 am »
Cos good ones are really hard to find! Could say the same about PMs to be honest ;D

A lucrative career path in that area is agile coaching, cos most people can't do it properly!

Could you explain Agile coaching please?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2018, 01:26:37 pm »
Could you explain Agile coaching please?

whilst running the risk of getting this horribly wrong......

Agile project management is becoming more mainstream but has been around in IT services a while. It works much more based on iterative product development rather than traditional waterfall project management. It allows products to be brought out quicker with the acceptance they might not be 100% to start with.

When Claire talks about the Agile coaching loads of people now say "oh yes i work in an agile environment". they dont! companies have picked up on it as a buzz word and think it just means doing things quicker. they dont look at their project management approach and cut out the red tape and react on the hoof like agile is designed to do.

Things like scrum mastery is one part of agile project management.

Agile is best suited to traditional products. Not things like construction. You cant build a bridge and then redevelop it to a better product!!

How did i do with that Claire?!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2018, 07:45:56 pm »
Can I ask you about this? This is my main fear about going on to do Agile/Prince etc. I currently work in an IT job which involves micro management and, to a point, project management (but very much just getting a job done rather than super organised with boards etc) but I couldn't work out how to get the experience in 'genuine' PM roles to make doing the qualifications worthwhile. Have you got a job in project management based solely on the qualification and do you start in a junior-type position, helping out a senior PM?

So I don’t see micro management as a particular project management technique- just a case of someone wanting to know what their project team is doing every second of the day

Prince2 is all about making sure a project has a structure which begins with making sure the project is worthwhile with real business justification

Prince2 agile is the same but instead perhaps of a end of stage meeting the agile method would be pick up the phone, get verbal sign off rather than sign off a pack

In terms of experience- I think all projects are clearer and easier if you have a framework in mind, even if you don’t run it formally using Prince2

There is a course you can do that assesses practical application of the skills and that’s the top one that employers are impressed with most but I couldn’t do that with my knowledge

If you get chance to do the training then go for it, particularly if someone else is paying

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2018, 12:50:14 pm »
Thanks for the reply Dudley; however, I think you got the wrong gist from my message.

The first part of my message was simply explaining what I do for a job - I have to coordinate small teams to complete 'micro' jobs very quickly - usually with regards to bug testing. Jobs that we have, perhaps, an hour at most to complete - so needs a different hand on the tiller than a protracted IT development job involving numerous iterations of an app etc. I was using micro management in that sense and wasn;t offering a take on what PM'ing is or isn't.

The second part is where you've definitely misread me ;D I was just asking how one goes from *getting* the qualification in whichever PM discipline they choose, to it then becoming a vocation. Did you look to get a junior PM role and then work on your qualification, or have you taken the risk on getting a PM qualification to then hopefully get a job within the field?

There isn't a lot of online information (that's easily accessible) about what to do with your own career *whilst* you're learning, especially when someone like me would be doing a job that wasn't really aligned with the new learning.

With ya now, apologies ;D

I can’t really comment on how it helps with roles. For me I’ve always been involved in leading projects but always short and quick projects (couple of weeks timeframe). I wanted to get involved in larger scale items and had the opportunity to do the training so jumped at it but not used it yet!! Not really anyway

Not a clue what to do with it now to build practical experience!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2018, 01:19:09 am »
:lmao completely forgot I was the one who made this thread.

6 year update:
My degree was sort of worthless in the end, employers were more interested in my general IT knowledge and work history. It's a bonus no doubt but wouldn't have been enough on its own.

Floated  about making websites after Uni with not much success, got a job as the sole IT Administrator (thanks to a RAWKite for CV help!) at a logistics company and left that to become a Business Intelligence Consultant which is now where I'm at. Not the tech job I envisioned but its interesting work and quite close to what I wanted in the OP ;D

I still haven't got a degree or any certs in anything and still earning a living 35 years later as a teccie. Never did have to get into management. But did have to learn shitloads of new technologies and skills.

:)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2018, 08:49:36 am »
I still haven't got a degree or any certs in anything and still earning a living 35 years later as a teccie. Never did have to get into management. But did have to learn shitloads of new technologies and skills.

:)

I haven't got so much as a typing certificate ;D blagged my way in, never looked back!

whilst running the risk of getting this horribly wrong......

Agile project management is becoming more mainstream but has been around in IT services a while. It works much more based on iterative product development rather than traditional waterfall project management. It allows products to be brought out quicker with the acceptance they might not be 100% to start with.

When Claire talks about the Agile coaching loads of people now say "oh yes i work in an agile environment". they dont! companies have picked up on it as a buzz word and think it just means doing things quicker. they dont look at their project management approach and cut out the red tape and react on the hoof like agile is designed to do.

Things like scrum mastery is one part of agile project management.

Agile is best suited to traditional products. Not things like construction. You cant build a bridge and then redevelop it to a better product!!

How did i do with that Claire?!

You did well! I've worked with a few, one came in and sorted out the process for the technology team from top to bottom, identified problems and where they were short and then got involved in the hiring process to fill in those gaps. Before he arrived they were doing one massive scrum which took forever, afterwards - smaller teams with clearer direction and they switched to kanban.

Our team got our own coach for switching to kanban, I was constantly in trouble for juggling too many cards (I always got them done, so what's the fucking problem ;D ) despite my shitness at it I do really like kanban!

My place now is agile as far as we use scrum and boards/planning sessions/retros but we don't use the iterative nature of it like we should, things are done done for deploy, cos once it's live you're talking it coming back as a bug rather than still being sprint work.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2018, 02:51:46 pm »

despite my shitness at it I do really like kanban!

My place now is agile as far as we use scrum and boards/planning sessions/retros but we don't use the iterative nature of it like we should, things are done done for deploy, cos once it's live you're talking it coming back as a bug rather than still being sprint work.

I've never used kanban in a proper work setting - only the discussed the theory in the PM training. I think they are great on paper. You are right though they dont work well for those who can handle a bit more! they assume everyone has the same capacity and capability and therefore they are slightly flawed. That said, every approach is slightly flawed and its finding the bits that work well in the environment you find yourselves in or dare i say the true lean approach of tailoring the approach to your environment!

putting stuff out for deployment and treating anything as bugs is fine though isnt it as long as your customers know what they want from the outset and arent prone to changing their minds alot. I think iterations work well when an idea is very conceptual and it gets moulded and scoped a bit more as they see items coming through.

the projects i do are as far from agile as they can get but hopefully i can use the training at some point! have to re do the exam in three years so be nice to have used it before then!!

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
« Reply #107 on: August 7, 2018, 05:56:21 pm »
I've never used kanban in a proper work setting - only the discussed the theory in the PM training. I think they are great on paper. You are right though they dont work well for those who can handle a bit more! they assume everyone has the same capacity and capability and therefore they are slightly flawed.

I think Kanban would be saying that no matter how good person x is at multitasking, compared to person y, you will find that person x working on one thing with their full attention is better again. A typical response is to say "I can't only work on one thing, I'd be sitting around waiting for other stuff to happen too much." To which Kanban would then say, "well, in that case, you should be looking at the whole process, seeing where those 'waiting around' delays are coming from, and working on removing them, until you *can* work on one thing without any problems." By juggling stuff to keep yourself busy, you are actually masking the wider inefficiencies in the whole system. The most important work you can do is to improve that system for the whole organisation, not just churn through your own bits and pieces slightly quicker.

There is lots of interesting stuff around this if you google (eg) "limit work in progress".

Of course, kanban's origins lie in manufacturing/assembly line stuff, rather than humans doing software development, so nothing's entirely prescriptive. But it's my favourite methodology, even though I'm still some way off doing it 'properly' (deceptively tricky for a simple concept!) And I totally agree with your point that:

every approach is slightly flawed and its finding the bits that work well in the environment you find yourselves in or dare i say the true lean approach of tailoring the approach to your environment!

A lot of the IT PM stuff is faddism, driven by the money-making opportunities in a new concept. The important thing is to understand the principles, adapt it to your environment, make it routine, and have lots of conscientious intelligent people. I've worked with very qualified PMs who were completely ineffectual; and people who had no PM qualifications at all, and weren't even on that role in the project, but were brilliant at it because they were organised and had bulldog-like tenacity.

In terms of recruitment, I'd put project delivery experience and attitude ahead of qualifications, myself. I appreciate that's not going to apply to certain types/sizes of organisations, though. But in some ways, it can be easier and more useful to try and take the initiative and insert yourself into this stuff in your current workplace, than do lots of courses and exams, if at all possible.

Offline BigAl24

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2018, 05:07:31 pm »
Just done day 1 of my ITIL foundation course. Christ my head hurts  :butt

All very much common sense based but so much to take in.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2018, 05:19:25 pm »
Service Management? Did mine last year.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2018, 06:41:32 pm »

I somehow put myself through this without being forced to by my work.... but it worked, got me my first job in IT.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2018, 07:18:46 pm »

Well done AL.  Will be worth it the end mate. :)

I PM'd DudleyRed earlier who gave me some good PRINCE2 advice in this threas

The Bryan Mathis book he recommended for my PRINCE2 Foundation studies is great. I love it and have read it through a few times and made all my notes.  I have pretty much taken all the material on-board now and sure I could pass the Foundation exam if i took it today.

My boss has informed me has taken this to the relevant director and HR to fund my Foundation and Practitioner online courses and exams.  I have a sneaky feeling they may be looking for a PM position for me in the company too as a previous PM who left never got replaced.

I will give then another week or so to approve funding then I will just go ahead and sort it myself.  If they will fund a grands worth of training and exams I may as well be patient for the sake of a few weeks

I'm sure the Foundation online course material won't stray too far from the Mathis book but I may as well complete it to reinforce the knowledge

Obviously the practitioner course and exam will be more difficult but I can't wait.  I didn't realise how much stuff that I do in my day to day in my job actually fits in with the PRINCE2 methodology anyway.

I'm really excited about my future in PM, either with or without my current employer.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2018, 09:08:36 am »
I think the ITIL suite of modules was the most useful course I've ever taken and in 30+ years in IT that is some amount of courses. The recent bank fiascos suffered due to Release Management problems and this is one of the basics of ITIL, that is under appreciated until stuff fails. In later years it was invaluable when dealing with external global suppliers as you are then "speaking the same language", if anyone can get to do these courses then honestly do not hesitate it will be a definite benefit. I found some of the exams pretty hard to be honest but passed them all and used my knowledge for several years until I retired, well made redundant so retired.

The thing I found with PM courses is they are always looking for the next great thing Iterative, waterfall, agile, lean etc. so you sometimes don't get to grips with one PM discipline before the next shiny one comes along.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2018, 07:49:19 pm »
Itil and prince are basically common sense. The most important thing (in prince parlance) is to make sure you tailor it to the environment. Going gung ho with this is a sure fire way to piss people off and fuck it up. Seen it all before and project/IT service managers come and go off the back of how they implement it, mostly very poorly despite their qualifications. Personally, i like lean/agile methodologies better for projects and have used kanbans/scrums in my own projects (i am not a pm)

Offline BigAl24

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2018, 05:58:04 pm »
Agree with all of the above. I'm always of the opinion that if you get a free training course offered to you at work regardless of what it is then do it. I've finished my three day ITIL foundation and really enjoyed it. A lot to take in but really good and a lot of it was common sense based.

Now to wait for those exam results!

Roll on the next one.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2018, 11:01:58 am »

My boss has informed me has taken this to the relevant director and HR to fund my Foundation and Practitioner online courses and exams.  I have a sneaky feeling they may be looking for a PM position for me in the company too as a previous PM who left never got replaced.

I will give then another week or so to approve funding then I will just go ahead and sort it myself.  If they will fund a grands worth of training and exams I may as well be patient for the sake of a few weeks

Patience is a virtue. :)

Got a call from my Boss telling me PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Courses/Exams have been approved.

Happy Days!!  Could probably take the Foundation exam right now to be honest after all my self study, but I may as well work through the official training first. :)

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2018, 11:51:50 am »
Patience is a virtue. :)

Got a call from my Boss telling me PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Courses/Exams have been approved.

Happy Days!!  Could probably take the Foundation exam right now to be honest after all my self study, but I may as well work through the official training first. :)

Nice one

Great result

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2018, 03:39:57 pm »
PRINCE2 Foundation exam tomorrow night guys.

I'm in the zone!!

No Exam Tolerances will be exceeded. No threat has been identified and my Risk Appetite is low!! :)

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2018, 03:50:03 pm »
PRINCE2 Foundation exam tomorrow night guys.

I'm in the zone!!

No Exam Tolerances will be exceeded. No threat has been identified and my Risk Appetite is low!! :)

Good luck!

Recently did my Agile Project Management Foundation course and really enjoyed it. Not sure I'd want to go too much deeper as it is quite intense..!

Enjoy the free snacks!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2018, 04:11:52 pm »
Good luck!

Recently did my Agile Project Management Foundation course and really enjoyed it. Not sure I'd want to go too much deeper as it is quite intense..!

Enjoy the free snacks!

Cheers!!

I have really enjoyed doing my Foundation course and it really does all make sense which is nice.

Doing the exam online at 21:15 via PeopleCert and Exam Shield.  Got me new Webcam setup and didn't realise I looked so handsome while working. :)