Author Topic: What mobile phone?  (Read 868906 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: What mobile phone?
« Reply #7920 on: February 24, 2020, 03:28:06 pm »
I think you'll love fast charging no matter the wattage  :)

I stick my phone on charge for 15 minutes before I go to work and it lasts most the day. No, not a full charge, but you get some serious mileage out of a quick charge.

Taking a wireless power bank around with me is also boss. Wireless is slower by nature, but so handy (especially for me: I used to love Oneplus, but the charging slot developed wear and tear, making it impossible to charge - doubled by the fact you used wired headphones via an adaptor for it - ridiculous, with wireless at least this can't happen and if it does, so what?)

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #7921 on: February 24, 2020, 04:15:58 pm »
No more headphone jacks on the Galaxy phones though. Shame.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7922 on: February 24, 2020, 04:34:00 pm »

Yeah it's a bit shit. I've just bought some wireless headphones but I dont really want to use them all the time so I'll use the galaxy plus buds but you have to redeem them through the samsung members app. Obviously can't do that till u get the phone and then it can take up to a month to get them.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7923 on: February 24, 2020, 04:40:37 pm »
Fast battery charging 50W
Fast wireless charging 30W

to Samsung Ultra's

Fast battery charging 45W
Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W

Impressive.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7924 on: February 24, 2020, 04:41:02 pm »

I'm going to buy up loads of old mp3 players.
Fuck wireless headphones.
#oldmanshoutingatclouds
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7925 on: February 24, 2020, 04:41:16 pm »
Coming from an s8 with a shit battery I'll welcome the 4,500mah battery on the plus. Everything is a major upgrade for me considering this phone is 3 years old now. I'm not overly fussed if it takes an hour or half an hour to get 100 percent charge because either is good for me, it's like a negligible difference to me in the real world because as long as it gets me through my work day its job done.

Same mate.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7926 on: February 24, 2020, 04:46:04 pm »

It is. But I'm looking forward to getting hold of my galaxy + buds. Watched/Read some reviews about them and the sound quality is meant to be really good.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #7927 on: February 24, 2020, 05:05:06 pm »
Coming from an s8 with a shit battery I'll welcome the 4,500mah battery on the plus.

Same. "Wallet, keys, phone, power bank..."

If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #7928 on: February 24, 2020, 06:27:10 pm »
Very just posted out a 20% off code, will do me nicely!

Add that to the extra £100 samsung are giving for trade in's - that brings the overall cost of the S20+ down to £700.

Coming from the S7 it will be a huge jump in technology, truth be told, im just looking forward to the larger battery! :)

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7929 on: February 25, 2020, 07:51:40 am »
The new Sony Xperia 1 II ("Sony Xperia One Mark Two", cringe) has a headphone jack which is good to see from one of the bigger brands.

Don't think they're brilliant these days though - even if the phone is boss (might be worth a look), I've heard bad things about their support (limited Android updates etc)

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #7930 on: March 6, 2020, 05:47:59 am »

That is why I will recommend LG's new flagship over any of the new S phones from Samsung.

Headphone jack+ high quality audio output = win for audiophiles. 

And I dont want to use an adapter to plug my 200 quid headphones into my phone.  Companies need to understand that apart from iphone lovers (!!), most smartphone users want a 3.5 mm jack.

Phuk yoo

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7931 on: March 6, 2020, 06:26:54 am »
That is why I will recommend LG's new flagship over any of the new S phones from Samsung.

And I dont want to use an adapter to plug my 200 quid headphones into my phone.  Companies need to understand that apart from iphone lovers (!!), most smartphone users want a 3.5 mm jack.

So there ARE wired headphones in the box, it just plugs into the USB C drive. I'm not really an audiophile so I don't really know how different they'll sound. But going by what you said, it'll be a lot worse :D

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7932 on: March 7, 2020, 08:43:50 am »

Meh. I've never liked the design of LG phones.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7933 on: March 9, 2020, 03:09:33 pm »
S20 plus just arrived. What a beast this is

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7934 on: March 9, 2020, 05:00:16 pm »
S20 plus just arrived. What a beast this is

Mines coming tomorrow

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7935 on: March 9, 2020, 10:26:02 pm »
Mines coming tomorrow

You'll love it. The 120hz refresh rate is really noticeable when your scrolling through stuff. Not had a chance to try out the camera yet properly but I can't really find any fault with it at all so far.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7936 on: March 10, 2020, 02:01:29 pm »
S20+ arrived today :D looking forward to setting up later

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7937 on: March 10, 2020, 06:58:55 pm »
S20+ arrived today :D looking forward to setting up later
You'll love it. The 120hz refresh rate is really noticeable when your scrolling through stuff. Not had a chance to try out the camera yet properly but I can't really find any fault with it at all so far.

Loving mine. Going from an s8 to an s20+ is a massive difference. Especially when you have the refresh rate at 120hz.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7938 on: March 11, 2020, 04:53:22 am »
I got the regular S20. Can't decide between keeping the 4k resolution or keeping the 120Hz refresh rate

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7939 on: March 11, 2020, 07:49:44 am »
I got the regular S20. Can't decide between keeping the 4k resolution or keeping the 120Hz refresh rate

Balance it with your battery needs, 120Hz said to use much more battery (which makes sense - the biggest battery drain is always the screen and with 120Hz it's refreshing twice as much).

But, like, that comes later - when you get a new device, put it through its paces  :D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 07:52:30 am by ToneLa »

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7940 on: March 11, 2020, 08:39:08 am »
Balance it with your battery needs, 120Hz said to use much more battery (which makes sense - the biggest battery drain is always the screen and with 120Hz it's refreshing twice as much).

But, like, that comes later - when you get a new device, put it through its paces  :D

I'll lose the same battery either way though :P A UHD display takes up more power than a FHD one, and a 120 Hz takes up more than 60.

But yeah after playing around with it a bit more, I'm sticking to FHD and 120 unless I'm watching videos on it or something. Once you get used to the 120 Hz, it's so damn difficult to go back to 60

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7941 on: March 11, 2020, 06:56:30 pm »
Only negative I've found so far with this s20+ is the fingerprint scanner. It's crap.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #7942 on: March 12, 2020, 11:11:22 am »
Could anybody recommend a wired fast charger and cable for the s20+?

I'm clueless with these chargers. The one that shipped is a tad short.

Cracking phone

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7943 on: April 5, 2020, 02:54:19 pm »
I moved from Oneplus as their reliance on shitty physical charing has worn out 2 phones in a row from them

Xiaomi Mi 9 now, best phone I've ever owned. Wireless charging, and if I must used wired the 2 day battery (I am rooted but you don't have to be) charges in half an hour

Oneplus are done.

Where did you pick up your Mi 9 mate don't seem that readily available ? Cheers
PSN:lr3487

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #7944 on: April 7, 2020, 10:19:38 am »
Bought my wife a Samsung m30s. Arriving today.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_m30s-9818.php

Lots of pluses actually. Most important of all a 6000mAH Li-Po battery. And a 4/64 version. Can be expanded to 512gb apparently.

Let me know if anyone is using it. I would love to hear its user based feedback.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #7945 on: April 9, 2020, 12:29:14 pm »

I had a 9T for less than a day. Can see why they aren't available.

Back to OnePlus. Keep your wireless charging, I'd rather have a great phone personally

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7946 on: April 15, 2020, 11:42:36 am »

eBay, they need to sort their worldwide distribution out..  but Amazon UK has em  :) If anyone ever gets Xiaomi from overseas, make sure it's the "global" model

I've had 3 Oneplus phones (all 3 developed physical issues) and I'd never go back - Xiaomi's build quality for the Mi range (heard the T range is shite, mind) is so much better. Sticking with the 9 for another year, despite the 10 looking great. Still getting 2 days use out of my 9 between charges, I've had it for 13 months, this is what a phone life is meant to be like :)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #7947 on: April 15, 2020, 11:46:22 am »
OnePlus moving from Flagship Killer to Flagship equal with their next generation.

Nearing that £1000 phone market

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #7948 on: April 15, 2020, 12:15:56 pm »
My son has broken his screen on his Galaxy S9. Has anybody used Samsung to repair an Edge screen? Thanks.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7949 on: April 15, 2020, 12:59:23 pm »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #7950 on: April 16, 2020, 02:05:38 pm »
My son has broken his screen on his Galaxy S9. Has anybody used Samsung to repair an Edge screen? Thanks.

I had to get my Note 10+ screen repaired very recently (long story, I'd only had it a few weeks and my young daughter managed to drop a vase on it). Took it to the Samsung repair centre in Manchester; done in a few hours. No complaints at all.

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #7951 on: April 16, 2020, 02:39:43 pm »
I had to get my Note 10+ screen repaired very recently (long story, I'd only had it a few weeks and my young daughter managed to drop a vase on it). Took it to the Samsung repair centre in Manchester; done in a few hours. No complaints at all.
Yes, that looks like the best bet. Thank you.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7952 on: April 17, 2020, 06:01:41 pm »
Huawei P30 lads, any thoughts? Don't have the finances to splash out on something really expensive at the moment but can pick one of these up for a good deal and get a Huawei GT watch thrown in for free at the same time.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #7953 on: April 17, 2020, 06:55:58 pm »
Huawei P30 lads, any thoughts? Don't have the finances to splash out on something really expensive at the moment but can pick one of these up for a good deal and get a Huawei GT watch thrown in for free at the same time.

Father in law has one. He’s made up with it. Good screen and the camera is spot on too. Sounds a good deal that as well considering you get the watch with it too.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7954 on: April 17, 2020, 08:47:14 pm »
Father in law has one. He’s made up with it. Good screen and the camera is spot on too. Sounds a good deal that as well considering you get the watch with it too.

Nice one mate, think I'll go ahead with it, all the reviews seem to be decent.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #7955 on: April 17, 2020, 08:50:59 pm »
Nice one mate, think I'll go ahead with it, all the reviews seem to be decent.

He’s had his for about 6 months now and not had a problem with it. Watch looks quality too.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7956 on: April 17, 2020, 09:24:55 pm »
He’s had his for about 6 months now and not had a problem with it. Watch looks quality too.

Am I right in thinking because it was released before the google ban you still have access to play store and all their updates?

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #7957 on: April 17, 2020, 09:28:33 pm »
Am I right in thinking because it was released before the google ban you still have access to play store and all their updates?

Correct. The new Huawei that came out this week or last doesn’t have any Google services on it, this one is fine.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7958 on: April 17, 2020, 09:46:40 pm »
Correct. The new Huawei that came out this week or last doesn’t have any Google services on it, this one is fine.

Perfect mate, thanks for the replies helped a lot.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #7959 on: April 17, 2020, 09:47:09 pm »
Perfect mate, thanks for the replies helped a lot.

No worries mate, more than happy to help. 👍