Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by Zlen on Today at 06:34:15 am »
So what if he goes?
They are all footballers, by definition they are replaceable. It’s a job, he can choose his path. We’ll be fine.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Dave D on Today at 06:34:00 am »
It's an interesting one. There are people out there who watch him every week and genuinely want him sold, but then you go through their posts and they've held that view for years, it's baffling.

As we move towards the 100% data driven football model, it makes absolutely no sense to sell the clubs top scorer and one of the most productive players and to keep the absolute dross that has been playing beside him. There's absolutely no guarantee that any money raised would be spent on new players instead of "infrastructure projects".

I would absolutely keep him for as long as possible. Not only for his contribution to the team, but also to piss off the british far-right who have had it in for him since he arrived and pile on him (and any player who isn't proper brexit) anytime he so much as miskicks a ball.
You have to question the mentality and the drive of the current players after the last 3 weeks. Talent is there in large parts but as many have mentioned, we look like we are half arsed in recent games when you would expect the exact opposite with a title on the line and the managers last few weeks. A lot of good earlier on the season has been completely written off due to what looks like a bad attitude. Whoever the new coach ends up being has a big job on his hands and surely a lot of ins and outs in the summer transfer window.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by decosabute on Today at 06:24:51 am »
I had hoped any decline in his pace would be offset by his brain and ability to come a bit deeper and supply people instead - we have seen it plenty of times this season to know he has it in him. But a) he is bang out of form and b) those around him are too. You could argue c) not enough runners around him but that’s a summer problem.

Some of his performances have been really, really woeful but I want to believe that is just form and confidence, like so many around him. When he dipped before he had Mane to pick up the pieces or Firmino or Jota. He has no-one atm so it reflects even more terribly on him.

Everyone selling him off the highest bidder… I’d be careful what you wish for. Get better lads around him - we will need experience and quality in transition and I think he still has that somewhere.

People are overstating the pace thing. Salah hasn't been rapid for a couple of years at least. He had found a way to compensate for that and still be a really good attacker.

What we're seeing since his return from injury is something else entirely. He seems completely shorn of all confidence, is getting physically bullied in most games, honestly doesn't have any spark whatsoever. Our one decent performance in the past six weeks came when he was benched.

I don't think I've ever seen such a drop off, especially for such an extended period and at such an important time. Pace is only a small factor.
I can confirm it feels as shit in the morning.
Great, I know what to expect now... Nightie night!
Can’t wait to go to sleep and wake to feeling just as shit, probably worse than I do now.

I can confirm it feels as shit in the morning.
Media and Arts / Re: Only connect...
« Last post by Alan_X on Today at 06:22:33 am »
Connections
Puzzle #319
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
The Boozer / Re: Wordle - Word Game - Guess a different word each day
« Last post by Alan_X on Today at 06:20:23 am »
Wordle 1,041 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜