Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3458900 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Mask usage seems to have been very high in Scotland since being made mandatory. Hasn't caused the world to come falling down, and haven't seen any kids freaking out.

My nieces are absolutely fine with it.

It's weird isn't it a public health measure that will have some impact on transmission and heads are falling off at the fact that kids will be scared. Shows you how precious some people are now about children.

Children are a lot more resilient than a lot of overly sensitive adults give them credit for.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
It's not madness really, its about reducing the risk of transmission where you can.

Wearing masks is not feasible in a pub obviously. That doesn't mean masks shouldn't be mandated elsewhere where it is feasible.

I get that but it just seems a bit stupid. There will be a scenario where someone goes for a shop and has to wear a mask, then an hour later pops out for a pint or to meet mates for a drink and doesn't have to wear one. There is no consistency and it seems fucking stupid to pick and choose where it is mandatory.

• Legacy Fan
How about the kids of high risk people who get infected and die because selfish dickheads whose brains have been eaten by worms wouldn’t wear a mask?

Christ! Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse there's now worms that eat your brain?

Maybe it's time to rediscover religion. :D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
I have no issue with wearing masks in shops but consider it to be very inconsistent as in September I'll be teaching multiple classes of 15 or more teenagers every day without wearing one and none of them will be wearing one either.

To me the Government are once again only doing this for their image rather than because it's the right thing. Just like the whole mess with closing or opening the borders, it's late and inconsistent.

You have to be told to wear one? If you're uncomfortable not wearing on then put one on.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Absolutely bizarre to announce it now and to give a start date of two weeks time. This is going to put a lot of people off going to shops and supermarkets for the foreseeable. I feel sorry for young children who will be terrified of seeing everyone in masks everywhere.

The instructions have been for a single person to shop and not bring their kids for a while hasn't it? My understanding is that people should be shopping on their own.

If people can go shopping without idiots trailing 10 kids screaming and running around them spreading virus in shops then I think that's a good thing personally.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
The outrage in having to wear a mask in shops  :lmao

Yep. I was hoping that people in this country were less stupid than people in the US.

Seems I was wrong.

Pretty sure that if you wanted to wear a mask in a school and they tried to stop you, you could take action about them. I mean the choices are potentially

a) Allegedly 'scaring the kids' (Not sure I believe this)

or

b) Dying horrifically of Coronavirus

The masks reduce the risk if one is wearing one. If everyone is wearing one then the risks drop dramatically from everything I've read.

I'd like to see people fined on the spot if they are inside with other people and refuse to wear one.

Dumbo: "OII REFFUUUSE TA WUR A MUSK. IT'S AGAINST MUH ROIGHTS AS UH UMAN BEING LUMME. THUTS MUH RIGHT!!"

Officials: "No problem sir, that'll be £1,000 thanks. Next time we see you not wearing one, it'll double each time."

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
I've been wearing a mask for my commute on the train and in work the past 4 weeks (including during the height of a heatwave). Is it particularly comfortable? No. But not overly bothered as those are the rules. If I dont wear one I have to continue working from home or get sacked.

If you want to wind up any manc mates then there are a few LFC related masks here

https://www.redbubble.com/people/s777dub/shop?asc=u

I've been using one of those generic black ones on Amazon which works for me.

The biggest issue with the government throughout this is the shades of grey throughout and not committing to actual rules. The loopholes and caveats have been changed so many times.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I get that but it just seems a bit stupid. There will be a scenario where someone goes for a shop and has to wear a mask, then an hour later pops out for a pint or to meet mates for a drink and doesn't have to wear one. There is no consistency and it seems fucking stupid to pick and choose where it is mandatory.

Well the other difference is that people know that people won't be wearing masks in pubs so can make the choice to not go into them if they are worried about it.

For many people avoiding entering shops completely is not an option.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What a joke! Mask wearing should've been made compulsory in shops weeks ago. It's too late now and I doubt many will still go to  high street shops unless is necessary anyway.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan

I'd like to see people fined on the spot if they are inside with other people and refuse to wear one.

Completely unenforceable, unless somehow you can have an enforcement officer or whatever inside every shop, office, public building etc.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
The instructions have been for a single person to shop and not bring their kids for a while hasn't it? My understanding is that people should be shopping on their own.

If people can go shopping without idiots trailing 10 kids screaming and running around them spreading virus in shops then I think that's a good thing personally.
Kids are still going to be running around supermarkets and don’t have to wear a mask (if they’re under 11). They’ll still be touching products / items so you can still catch it via that method.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
What a joke! Mask wearing should've been made compulsory in shops weeks ago. It's too late now and I doubt many will still go to  high street shops unless is necessary anyway.

I'd agree that it's late by the government to have a plan - any plan.

But. What does 'too late' mean though?

If you wearing a mask potentially saves someones life then it still potentially saves someones life doesn't it?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Completely unenforceable, unless somehow you can have an enforcement officer or whatever inside every shop, office, public building etc.

Nope. You don't have to do that at all. Just have officers wandering around and randomly giving out fines. Won't take that many outraged red-faced gimps screaming to get the message across.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Well the other difference is that people know that people won't be wearing masks in pubs so can make the choice to not go into them if they are worried about it.

For many people avoiding entering shops completely is not an option.

That's a fair point, but then for those people who want to go the pub and cant/wont because of others not wearing masks, it is incredibly unfair for them to miss out on going because of other people not wearing a mask (admittedly wearing a mask in a pub is just not feasible).

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My kids are 7 and 3 and they are not scared in the slightest of adults in masks. Kids are more adaptable than many adults give them credit for.

And grown up people 'can't get used to it', where have you been? Loads of Chinese people who live here have been wearing them in cities for years. It's a good fuckin idea to stop the spread of an airborne disease. I mean, jesus.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Kids are still going to be running around supermarkets and don’t have to wear a mask (if they’re under 11). They’ll still be touching products / items so you can still catch it via that method.

Isn't the advice for people to leave their kids at home for exactly that reason? The one thing they should have banned in shops from the get-go is kids - sure I saw ministers telling people to shop alone and not with the family.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Isn't the advice for people to leave their kids at home for exactly that reason? The one thing they should have banned in shops from the get-go is kids - sure I saw ministers telling people to shop alone and not with the family.

It's not always practical without childcare being open to be fair. Banning them probably would have been impossible.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wearing a mask will likely impact contact tracing too.

I'm not sure if this is the case in the community - but in hospitals, if you test positive and have been around colleagues they do not count as a 'contact' if you were both wearing masks at the time of contact. Now, that may be specific to hospitals to avoid wiping out whole wards of staff to contact tracing, but I imagine it may be used in the community too.

So, if you want to avoid being told to self-isolate for 14 days, wear a mask.

Or on the other hand if you care about protecting others, wear a mask.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Given that a decent proportion of people are going to wear a mask anyway, if you are genuinely concerned about kids being scared of it, the best solution is probably for it to be mandatory, as everyone wearing one will normalise it for them so it will be no different to them seeing someone wearing a hat or something.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
:wave

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
It's not always practical without childcare being open to be fair. Banning them probably would have been impossible.

I was going to say that. I’ve managed to avoid having to take either of mine with me when I’ve gone to the shops about 95% of the time but very occasionally they’ve had to come to and for others that will be a bit higher.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Given that a decent proportion of people are going to wear a mask anyway, if you are genuinely concerned about kids being scared of it, the best solution is probably for it to be mandatory, as everyone wearing one will normalise it for them so it will be no different to them seeing someone wearing a hat or something.

An alternative is to get masks for the kids that cover their whole heads. Similar to the peril-sensitive sunglasses from Hitchhikers Guide.

If they can't see anything then they can't be scared of anything.

I should be a scientific advisor, me.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
Yep. I was hoping that people in this country were less stupid than people in the US.

Seems I was wrong.

Pretty sure that if you wanted to wear a mask in a school and they tried to stop you, you could take action about them. I mean the choices are potentially

a) Allegedly 'scaring the kids' (Not sure I believe this)

or

b) Dying horrifically of Coronavirus

Yeah exactly.

Two things for me, firstly yes some rules are not perfect and will contradict as each individual indoor location is not the same. Even if it was the same you can then walk out onto the street and have someone cough in your face. Nothing is going to be perfect unless we all wear hazmat suits but its about lowering the risk when it is possible.

Secondly, the government are complete and utter fucking idiots as we all know, anyone listening to them about any of this from day one needs to have their heads checked. I've been wearing a mask everywhere indoors since March and will continue to do so whether they tell me or not, mainly because if I have it I don't want to pass it on and it lowers my chances of catching it and passing it onto family/vulnerable grandparents. Same reason I distance myself, wash hands all the time. It's not perfect but just as I see it decency to everyone else also. I am also not going into any indoor pubs, restaurants or anywhere I don't have to but I know thats a personal choice.

I get the outrage to the government, thats a no brainer, but to wearing a mask it makes my brain melt thinking why there is so much hostility towards it. Maybe it is that the government have pissed off so many people its now a case of 'fuck you telling me what to do', but if so that needs to be put aside. It's a mask! It's just a common courtesy at this time, just like covering your mouth when coughing at normal times or anything else that may stop a person becoming ill. 

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Absolutely bizarre to announce it now and to give a start date of two weeks time. This is going to put a lot of people off going to shops and supermarkets for the foreseeable. I feel sorry for young children who will be terrified of seeing everyone in masks everywhere.

I'm willing to bet that most kids are less frit than you seem to be.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That's the spirit! Good grief..

Scared kid or dead kid,mmmmmm decisions decisions.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's a mess those that want to wear a mask will and those that don't will kick off that thy shouldn't be forced to wear it and won't and nothing happens, life and this pandemic goes on.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It just seems like an after thought. We've been in lockdown for over four months, why now?

Pubs and restaurants have been open for week or two, shops have been open for over a month, supermarkets open throughout.

I don't disagree with bringing in mandatory masks for shops, but why in two weeks?
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

• Legacy Fan

Shops should refuse entry to anyone not complying.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It just seems like an after thought. We've been in lockdown for over four months, why now?

Pubs and restaurants have been open for week or two, shops have been open for over a month, supermarkets open throughout.

I don't disagree with bringing in mandatory masks for shops, but why in two weeks?

2 weeks seems a bit much notice but it will be to allow people to sort out masks, allow shops to put up signage, come up with policy on how to deal with people not weating them etc.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fucking hell, can't believe some balloons in here oppose masks because it might scare children.

Here's a thought, I don't give a shit if your child might be scared because you are unable to educate him/her about why they are necessary. I'd rather reduce  my chances of catching Coronavirus instead, thanks.

Mad how Asian children don't live their lives in perpetual fear given the amount of people they see wearing masks all the time.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:46:27 am by .adam »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Fucking hell, can't believe some balloons in here oppose masks because it might scare children.

Here's a thought, I don't give a shit if your child might be scared because you are unable to educate him/her about why they are necessary. I'd rather reduce  my chances of catching Coronavirus instead, thanks.

Mad how Asian children don't live their lives in perpetual fear given the amount of people they see wearing masks all the time.

Agreed. Same in the Star Wars universe.

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
"Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year."

Why no need for masks for the flu? Because we don't hear about it 24/7 on the media perhaps...
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
"Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year."

Why no need for masks for the flu? Because we don't hear about it 24/7 on the media perhaps...

Your signature :lmao ::)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan

This.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
Your signature :lmao ::)
22,718 posts and your only response is an Ad Hominem slur.
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Ah the flu argument. Haven't seen this rubbish since March.

If you're saying stuff like this in July, after >50,000 UK deaths, then I don't know what to say to you.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
22,718 posts and your only response is an Ad Hominem slur.

This isn't QAnon, petal x

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...

Up to 650000 deaths compared to over 500000 in roughly seven months. There's your answer. You can find more reasons why Covid-19 is different to the flu, if you search online.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

Covid-19 (After most countries have done their utmost to prevent the spread) has already killed (Officially) nearly 600,000 people. Most sources seem to agree that the real number is likely to be double this. We've had over 13 million cases and nearly 8 million are still ill with it weeks or months after getting it.

So of the known 13 million, we know 600,000 people have died (but likely to be way more than that)

We also know that people that catch it have abnormalities with their organs including the heart and brains. The long-term effect of this isn't yet known.

Now. If we say that we all just relax, don't wear masks, give up with precautions and give up trying to self-isolate and contain it and let the virus do what the virus does then it seems that the figure to be infected is likely to be exponentially more (And the science supports this with R)

Given the mortality rate - you are probably talking hundreds of millions of deaths.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Up to 650000 deaths compared to over 500000 in roughly seven months. There's your answer. You can find more reasons why Covid-19 is different to the flu, if you search online.

And thats 500000 with the world shutting down. And ignores the serious effects on many survivors long term health as well.

Yes, just like the flu.  ::)