Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 779906 times)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: Just Fucking Robertson...
« Reply #4880 on: January 21, 2022, 10:00:20 am »
Did he have an oil change as a NY present? Seems to be running like a new racer.

What an engine! I think he benefits hugely from being rested sometimes by the rather good Tsimikas. Rotation people, who knew!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4881 on: January 21, 2022, 10:12:40 am »
Not had his best season in my opinion but last night was his best performance in a while.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4882 on: January 21, 2022, 10:19:18 am »
Did he have an oil change as a NY present? Seems to be running like a new racer.
The guy runs at full pelt for 90 mins.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #4883 on: January 23, 2022, 10:20:47 am »
Thought Robertson was exceptional v Arsenal, took Saka completely out of the game and brilliant on the overload at the other end, the most complete fullback in the premier league and embodies everything about our aggression, spirit, and never say die attitude.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4884 on: January 23, 2022, 02:58:50 pm »
46 assists now, that’s 1 more than Paul Scholes.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #4885 on: January 23, 2022, 04:41:22 pm »
Those assists today were exceptional, the corner especially as he's been playing some absolutely poor ones recently. When him and Trent are on their games you always stand a chance.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4886 on: January 23, 2022, 04:50:58 pm »
Incredible player has it all, even when not as his passing best can rely on him to have the drive energy and stamina to match any opposing winger at the very minimum.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 04:53:52 pm by Coolie High »

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4887 on: January 23, 2022, 04:52:35 pm »
Incredible player has it all, even when not as his passing vest can rely on him to have the drive energy and stamina to match any opposing winger at the very minimum.
Though his mum will not be happy
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4888 on: January 23, 2022, 04:53:29 pm »
Him and Trent are gonna be the two highest assisting defenders in PL history pretty soon
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4889 on: January 31, 2022, 02:28:46 pm »
He's made a massive tit of himself on twitter today.
https://twitter.com/andrewrobertso5/status/1488131354009161738
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4890 on: January 31, 2022, 02:40:41 pm »
Really disappointing. Was hoping all of our lads would stay away from that shite.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4891 on: January 31, 2022, 02:44:05 pm »
Really disappointing. Was hoping all of our lads would stay away from that shite.

Club will probably get in on it at some point.

There where surveys going round asking fans what they thought of NFTs etc.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4892 on: January 31, 2022, 02:49:40 pm »

I am disappointed that he has chosen to go down this road, but a guy who jumps on a plane to Dubai to play golf the first chance he gets probably isn't a deep thinker about the environment.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4893 on: January 31, 2022, 02:55:30 pm »
Not 100% sure what the massive problem is here?

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4894 on: January 31, 2022, 02:56:23 pm »
I am disappointed that he has chosen to go down this road, but a guy who jumps on a plane to Dubai to play golf the first chance he gets probably isn't a deep thinker about the environment.

I don't think they have any golf courses in Scotland though.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4895 on: January 31, 2022, 02:58:17 pm »
Obviously not serious enough to sack him on the spot, but could we maybe stick pins in him and pinch him and call him names until he knows he's been extremely naughty
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4896 on: January 31, 2022, 03:00:27 pm »
No idea or what it is so what has he actually done? 

What's an NFT?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4897 on: January 31, 2022, 03:00:57 pm »
Obviously not serious enough to sack him on the spot, but could we maybe stick pins in him and pinch him and call him names until he knows he's been extremely naughty

make him kick and cross with only his right foot for 2 weeks. that'll learn him good.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4898 on: January 31, 2022, 03:14:49 pm »
I don't think they have any golf courses in Scotland though.

I think that's one of Trump's tax dodging ruses.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4899 on: January 31, 2022, 03:23:01 pm »
I don't know what NFTs are and at this point I'm too afraid to ask. They sound bad though.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4900 on: January 31, 2022, 03:24:13 pm »
Non Fungible Token. 

google it, it won't hurt, but it may make you lose more faith in humanity.  :)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4901 on: January 31, 2022, 03:29:50 pm »

google it,

have done, still don't really understand what they are

???
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline mark2311

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4902 on: January 31, 2022, 03:30:13 pm »
Am I right in thinking one of these things is $75???

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4903 on: January 31, 2022, 03:37:19 pm »
Why stop there?

Robbo should start mining his own cryptocurrency while he’s at it. He probably won’t play this weekend so he’s still got some time.

How about “Robocoin”?  Has a nice ring to it.

Does anyone know if Robbo reads these posts? Coz I know a guy who can set him up with ASIC rigs in Iceland. As many as he wants. I just need Robbo to wire me a small down payment immediately and I can get his whole operation started tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 03:53:39 pm by FLRed67 »

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4904 on: January 31, 2022, 03:43:39 pm »
Non Fungible Token. 

google it, it won't hurt, but it may make you lose more faith in humanity.  :)

OK, done. I now understand what they are, but I don't understand why they are. Disappointing if he's doing this just to line his own pockets.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 03:47:05 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4905 on: January 31, 2022, 03:54:41 pm »
have done, still don't really understand what they are

???
They're essentially digital collectables. Unlike other digital images they have an authenticiy built in, which is based on a similar system to cryptocurrency, so that even though an NFT is digital it is unique and can thus retain its value (assuming the bubble doesn't burst and these things don't become worthless).

It's all part of the current experimentation with imbuing unique, non-fungible worth to digital data. 
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline number 168

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4906 on: January 31, 2022, 03:59:33 pm »
They're essentially digital collectables. Unlike other digital images they have an authenticiy built in, which is based on a similar system to cryptocurrency, so that even though an NFT is digital it is unique and can thus retain its value (assuming the bubble doesn't burst and these things don't become worthless).

It's all part of the current experimentation with imbuing unique, non-fungible worth to digital data.

They are also inextricably linked to crypto currencies which demand huge amounts of power to generate and thus add substantially to greenhouse emisions.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4907 on: January 31, 2022, 04:19:28 pm »

They're not actually unique digital images though. They're 'unique' digital receipts to say you've bought the image. You can copy the actual image all you want. Or you could even make a different receipt to say you bought that same image.

And if that makes it sound like you're buying something with absolutely no value whatsoever, then you are correct.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #4908 on: January 31, 2022, 04:22:34 pm »
i miss when we didn't know much about footballers and their non-football lives
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4909 on: January 31, 2022, 04:24:54 pm »
Yeah, still not too sure what the problem is here. He's promoting his own NFTs... so... what's the issue?

That he profits from it? Nearly every single one of our players is promoting various things either for, with or separate to the club. Robbo in particular has been brilliant in championing foodbanks etc and supporting community projects. So the money from this could fund that?

That it's an impact to the environment? Well as long as the people knocking him for that have gone vegan, ditched their car for public transport, aren't buying un-necessary clothes or par-taking in any of the countless industries that have big effects as well.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4910 on: January 31, 2022, 04:26:09 pm »
I've still no idea what they are as in what's the point?

Is it a picture? 

What is it for?

What does it do?

Why would you want it?

Is it one of these influencer things, where a nobody tells another nobody they should have it and then everyone has one?

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4911 on: January 31, 2022, 04:49:45 pm »
They're not actually unique digital images though. They're 'unique' digital receipts to say you've bought the image. You can copy the actual image all you want. Or you could even make a different receipt to say you bought that same image.

And if that makes it sound like you're buying something with absolutely no value whatsoever, then you are correct.
Yes you're correct, I phrased it badly. It's not the digital file itself that is unique, but the ownership right of the 'original' if you want to call it that. What you might call the certificate of authenticity, which proves that YOU own the original item.

Yes in many ways NFTs can be said to be worthless and can be a big scam, but there are potential legitimate uses, such as an artist selling a piece of digital art once, for a high value, and one person owning that original piece, however many 'copies' may exist. In that regard it's not much different to traditional art where multiple copies and prints can exist but only one is the original and that's where the big value lies.

I've still no idea what they are as in what's the point?

Is it a picture? 

What is it for?

What does it do?

Why would you want it?

Is it one of these influencer things, where a nobody tells another nobody they should have it and then everyone has one?

It's a collectable. It being an NFT means that they are literally selling ownership rights to the digital artefact - in this case an image, but it can be music or a video or even a tweet. I think the first ever tweet was later sold as an NFT, so someone has the 'pleasure' of knowing that they and they alone now 'own' that tweet, and can sell it on if they want to.

Whether that really means anything is subjective, and like most investments esp in collectables, an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and that worth can collapse in an instant.

There is a concern that people can get scammed by this sort of thing.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4912 on: January 31, 2022, 04:57:52 pm »

Trying to work out the point of stuff like this makes my head hurt.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4913 on: January 31, 2022, 05:00:58 pm »
Trying to work out the point of stuff like this makes my head hurt.

What's the point of the Mona Lisa?

What's the point of a t-shirt made by M&S vs Gucci?

All subjective.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4914 on: January 31, 2022, 05:09:05 pm »

It's a collectable. It being an NFT means that they are literally selling ownership rights to the digital artefact - in this case an image, but it can be music or a video or even a tweet. I think the first ever tweet was later sold as an NFT, so someone has the 'pleasure' of knowing that they and they alone now 'own' that tweet, and can sell it on if they want to.

Whether that really means anything is subjective, and like most investments esp in collectables, an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and that worth can collapse in an instant.

There is a concern that people can get scammed by this sort of thing.

Ok I get the "it's a collectable" but who decides ownership and the legal right to be able to sell?

Like I guess I could go through the photos on my phone and think ooh somebody might want to buy that but how, or who, decides who owns the first ever tweet, or text, or WhatsApp or whatever it is somebody's buying or selling?

Is this where the scam bit comes in?  Or is the scam where the same thing can be sold a gazillion times therefore meaning it's not "unique".

Either way it's all a load of made up bollocks by clever people who will make billions out of stupid, thick people.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4915 on: January 31, 2022, 05:12:47 pm »
Ok I get the "it's a collectable" but who decides ownership and the legal right to be able to sell?

Like I guess I could go through the photos on my phone and think ooh somebody might want to buy that but how, or who, decides who owns the first ever tweet, or text, or WhatsApp or whatever it is somebody's buying or selling?

Is this where the scam bit comes in?  Or is the scam where the same thing can be sold a gazillion times therefore meaning it's not "unique".

Either way it's all a load of made up bollocks by clever people who will make billions out of stupid, thick people.

I don't disagree around the value - personally I don't see any, but I'm not sure it's a scam.

don't see the difference between this and people buying a print of an original piece of art.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4916 on: January 31, 2022, 05:25:45 pm »

you own an NFT the same way you own the rights to something you've written or painted - it belongs to the creator (as long as they haven't stolen a copyrighted image obv) of it unless/until they sign the rights away
in the case of the NFT this ovwnership is established/proved through a blockchain addresses which can't be forged

you could produce prints of the NFT or other likenesses but there'll only ever be one orginal - so in a lot of ways its the same as physical art just digital

its not a "scam" in that there's nothing fraudulent invovled.
you can easily argue an NFT is wrothless or over priced or its a bubble or whatever, but then its just like anything else and worth what anyone will pay for it.

In my personal opinoin many NFTs will end up being worthless and the market is a bubble BUT digital art is a 'thing' and people will display it in their homes in the future so some NFTs wont be worthless... but that's just opinion

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #4917 on: January 31, 2022, 05:29:40 pm »
Very very disappointed that one of our players is trying to flog these scam pictures to fans. Expect better from our players.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4918 on: January 31, 2022, 05:31:47 pm »
Appreciate the explanations but it's still a load of bollocks to me 🤷

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan