Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 792582 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Just Fucking Robertson...
« Reply #4960 on: February 1, 2022, 07:17:26 pm »
Just Fucking Robertson... :lickin
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #4961 on: February 1, 2022, 08:15:07 pm »
That's because discussion of the Greenwood thing is not permitted by the mods for legal reasons.
that thread was open for a while and was reopened.

So far we've had someone comparing him to Boris. People who've no idea what NFTs are complaining about him, who've no idea about the blockchain its on (its not one that requires mining) and suddenly that being about a trip to Dubai to play golf.

You actually posted some good information (Coffeezilla makes great content and exposes a lot of scams - especially those Paul brother chancers). Here's my disclaimer - i don't own or intend to own any NFTs. I think they are a bad investment in their current guise (images) however tokenisation means we'll see possibly registries of NFTs for other things (regulated ie real estate, music).

Anyway always nice to see our fans shit on a player, can't wait to see the reaction once Adidas and Nike start forcing the other players in our team to take part (as they will seeing as Adidas already do them).
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4962 on: February 1, 2022, 08:19:27 pm »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4963 on: February 1, 2022, 08:20:44 pm »

So far we've had someone comparing him to Boris. People who've no idea what NFTs are complaining about him, who've no idea about the blockchain its ona (its not one that requires mining) and suddenly that being about a trip to Dubai to play golf.

You actually posted some good information (Coffeezilla makes great content and exposes a lot of scams - especially those Paul brother chancers). Here's my disclaimer - i don't own or intend to own any NFTs. I think they are a bad investment in their current guise (images) however tokenisation means we'll see possibly registries of NFTs for other things (regulated ie real estate, music).

Anyway always nice to see our fans shit on a player, can't wait to see the reaction once Adidas and Nike start forcing the other players in our team to take part (as they will seeing as Adidas already do them).

Can’t wait to buy a nft of real-estate. Do I get to just click a link so I can look at a nice house somewhere?  ;D

Anyway, I don’t think anyone is ’shitting’ on Robbo. 

I agree that this will become very much a regular thing, but no reason to just sit back and accept it wihout discussion to be honest. And maybe people will learn something new, as indeed that youtube vid a few posts up did. And I mean those in the pro and against camp may learn something.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #4965 on: February 1, 2022, 09:28:13 pm »
Can’t wait to buy a nft of real-estate. Do I get to just click a link so I can look at a nice house somewhere?  ;D

Anyway, I don’t think anyone is ’shitting’ on Robbo. 

I agree that this will become very much a regular thing, but no reason to just sit back and accept it wihout discussion to be honest. And maybe people will learn something new, as indeed that youtube vid a few posts up did. And I mean those in the pro and against camp may learn something.

Haha no, more in the sense that it holds deeds/ledgers for land/housing like a registry but online and easily visible to all. There's good videos on how it could be accomplished but of course also disadvantages.
Jepovic had the right comment in terms of how to react to but did you read some of the crap on the previous pages
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #4966 on: February 1, 2022, 09:29:57 pm »
This is a long watch but worth it for getting clued up on NFTs, and how ridiculous they are.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/i_VsgT5gfMc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/i_VsgT5gfMc</a>

EDIT: can't get it to embed for some reason.... her'e the URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_VsgT5gfMc
How's that? :)

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4967 on: February 1, 2022, 09:33:40 pm »
My biggest problem with this stuff is that selling URLs to fans for real money is kinda immoral. Fake digital scarcity is some bullcrap. This behaviour normalizes fake scarcity.

Fake scarcity is crap in general and has terrible environmental/social impacts. I live in a city that has had exploding homelessness. Yet you see that the Facebook marketplace is full of people selling Air Jordan's, Yeezys and Pokemon cards for 100-1000s of dollars. We are literally finacializing everything URLs, shoes, kids toys while our society is as unequal as it has ever been.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4968 on: February 1, 2022, 09:35:07 pm »
How's that? :)

Ta!

I've embedded hundreds of YT videos here and know exactly how to do it.... but wouldn't play for.

How did you get this one to work??

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4969 on: February 1, 2022, 09:37:10 pm »
Thie thing I don't get, having taken a look at his NFTs, is that the whole idea of Non Fungible Tokens is that they are supposed to be.... non-fungible. Unlike money for example where 1 pound is the same as another pound, I don't care which pound I have, each NFT is supposed to be unique.

Robbo seems to be selling 2021 identical NFTs. 1 Robbo NFT is completely interchangeable with another Robbo NFT. It's entirely fungible.

So it's an EFT?  ;D

Personally, I think this is a separate issue from Robbo the footballer, so if people insist on discussing it, it should be split from this topic. Mods?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #4970 on: February 1, 2022, 09:44:02 pm »

You should sell this post as an NFT.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4971 on: February 1, 2022, 09:45:50 pm »

So far we've had someone comparing him to Boris. People who've no idea what NFTs are complaining about him, who've no idea about the blockchain its on (its not one that requires mining) and suddenly that being about a trip to Dubai to play golf.

I agree with jepvic’s take really. I mean, the whole thing is daft too me, the concept of buying a link to an image - and the prices some will pay, defo goes down the route of ‘more money than sense’.

But really, I don’t see people shitting on him, they just aren’t impressed with him doing this! I suspect if the was trying to flog some shit, but actually tangible merchandise himself people wouldn’t be raving about that either. The NFT itself is crap, it’s just so rubbish looking, like a cheap Topps trading card.

Like I say though, got to get used to it, as it’s going to become very much a thing, but discussion of it is good!

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4972 on: February 1, 2022, 09:48:04 pm »
It’s a pyramid scheme as far as i can see. Loads of famous people are being paid to market these things. I don’t believe Andy is the sort to do this knowingly but it should be made very clear that this shit is not acceptable.

I don’t think it’s the same as some of the other crypto where it is more organic in how they’ve come about and increased in value to a certain extent.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4973 on: February 1, 2022, 09:50:32 pm »
I agree with jepvic’s take really. I mean, the whole thing is daft too me, the concept of buying a link to an image - and the prices some will pay, defo goes down the route of ‘more money than sense’.

But really, I don’t see people shitting on him, they just aren’t impressed with him doing this! I suspect if the was trying to flog some shit, but actually tangible merchandise himself people wouldn’t be raving about that either. The NFT itself is crap, it’s just so rubbish looking, like a cheap Topps trading card.

Like I say though, got to get used to it, as it’s going to become very much a thing, but discussion of it is good!

To be honest, the worst thing about it is he has teamed up with Luke Shaw to do it.  ;D

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #4974 on: February 1, 2022, 10:00:00 pm »
Ta!

I've embedded hundreds of YT videos here and know exactly how to do it.... but wouldn't play for.

How did you get this one to work??
I thought you had.

You missed the 'i_' off when you reformatted the youtube url on this one. Flash frame size was 500,400 too.  :)

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4975 on: February 1, 2022, 10:14:20 pm »
The more I read the more I have no idea what it means so I think ill just ignore it and it’ll pass

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4976 on: February 1, 2022, 11:43:48 pm »
While personally I see the NFT business as a load of nonsense, they have been hyped and are with us for now, albeit in a niche marketplace. The thing is that I don't really think this comes from a player's mind: Their agents and pr people probably present them with side business propositions every week and they pick whatever makes the most money (or for any other variable reason). NFTs are presented as hip and scream 'look I am in on the digital revolution'.
The price tags some things have and that are being paid for and shilled for these days makes you shake your head and not just in the case of NFTs: Repeatedly I have read and seen reports about so called water sommeliers and bottles of water that are worth four figure sums because they mix two mineral waters and this tastes oh so cool and edgy.
It's the state of the world, so yeah, makes you roll your eyes and I absolutely think he should get shit for it (and I say this about my favourite current player in our squad). There are worse things to get angry at though, lots of way worse things.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #4977 on: February 1, 2022, 11:45:41 pm »
Came to read the Robertson thread and found a lot of...

...decided it was time to...

Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4978 on: February 2, 2022, 12:42:37 am »
You sound like you think NFTs are a good thing or at least not bad? Please explain to us how this is the case?

There seems to be a few people in here coming on to take the piss but no explanation is forthcoming?

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4979 on: February 2, 2022, 02:33:27 am »
Non Fungible Scottish Engine
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4980 on: February 2, 2022, 02:41:07 am »

Really though, what’s the difference between buying a NFT, like the one Robbo has promoted, and a Topps trading card.  I have thousands of baseball cards from the 80’s that are absolutely worthless.  The only difference is that we are now in a digital world. 

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4981 on: February 2, 2022, 03:49:25 am »
Really though, what’s the difference between buying a NFT, like the one Robbo has promoted, and a Topps trading card.  I have thousands of baseball cards from the 80’s that are absolutely worthless.  The only difference is that we are now in a digital world.

The main difference is that technically you have nothing. Just a receipt that you bought the card that may or may not exist in 30 years' time. You will likely pay a significant amount more than a Topps card for one of these as well.

The card can be minted by anyone and not just Topps. Trading the card can sometimes (depending on the blockchain) release a family home monthly carbon emission in a few minutes. And the trading card market is rife with blatant art theft, money laundering and scams.

Otherwise, it's exactly the same.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4982 on: February 2, 2022, 04:53:11 am »
Can't pretend i really understand this stuff,but to me sounds like buying nothing with nothing.

Except you gave your actual useful money to someone along the way to afford this transaction of nothing for nothing.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4983 on: February 2, 2022, 06:38:37 am »
How do you display this ‘art’ in your home? Do you need one of those digital photo frames?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4984 on: February 2, 2022, 06:45:23 am »
The only defence that seems to be offered for NFTs is "if you don't like them you must be an old man who doesn't understand".

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4985 on: February 2, 2022, 06:48:43 am »
How do you display this ‘art’ in your home? Do you need one of those digital photo frames?

You get those light up letters and put the link on your fireplace.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #4986 on: February 2, 2022, 06:59:07 am »

You need an online house.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #4987 on: February 2, 2022, 07:49:01 am »
I still haven't got a clue what these are.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4988 on: February 2, 2022, 09:03:12 am »
Just Fucking Robertson... :lickin

This is slowly turning into "Robertson just fucking". Let's just hope it doesn't end with "Robertson fucking just"
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Topwings!

• Main Stander
« Reply #4989 on: February 2, 2022, 11:44:36 am »

A jpeg file.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #4990 on: February 2, 2022, 02:14:51 pm »
You haven’t spent long enough mining for NFT’s. I’ve just come up from the blockchain mines, 200ft below sea level. I’m covered in corrupt MP3 files and outdated widgets, but you wouldn’t believe the amount of jpegs down there.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4991 on: February 2, 2022, 02:15:56 pm »
You sound like you think NFTs are a good thing or at least not bad? Please explain to us how this is the case?

I'm not sure why this is remotely necessary.
Do people also need a justification for posters ... or limited edition trainers ... or panini stickers... or signed jerseys
Man puts things up for sale.... other people buy or don't buy them

Utterly bizarre thread / reaction in this thread
As I posted before if you think players shouldn't sell anything to fans then that's a more understandable position... if you've got a problem with this specific thing to the exclusion of other 'merch' that doesn't stand up

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4992 on: February 2, 2022, 02:18:26 pm »
Seen today Mahrez has got involved in something similar on his Instagram, there's a link to a site with several other players involved. Chalobah from memory as well.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4993 on: February 2, 2022, 03:20:41 pm »
A jpeg file.

And it’s actually a URL for a jpeg. And this URL can be removed at anytime and you then lose your jpeg.

But it’s not a scam

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4994 on: February 2, 2022, 03:50:49 pm »
You haven’t spent long enough mining for NFT’s. I’ve just come up from the blockchain mines, 200ft below sea level. I’m covered in corrupt MP3 files and outdated widgets, but you wouldn’t believe the amount of jpegs down there.

I've seen JPEGs you people wouldn't believe
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4995 on: February 2, 2022, 03:58:31 pm »
I'm not sure why this is remotely necessary.
Do people also need a justification for posters ... or limited edition trainers ... or panini stickers... or signed jerseys
Man puts things up for sale.... other people buy or don't buy them

Utterly bizarre thread / reaction in this thread
As I posted before if you think players shouldn't sell anything to fans then that's a more understandable position... if you've got a problem with this specific thing to the exclusion of other 'merch' that doesn't stand up
It's mainly the shock of the new. It often happens with new ideas. If NFTs - or rather digital authenticity and conference of unique ownership rights - takes off long term it'll just be seen as a normal part of busness in years to come.

There are some issue with the whole thing, and in a certain moral (rather than legal) sense, people can get scammed quite easily at the moment, but there's a sound idea at the heart of it, esp for digital artists and creatives (in any field of art) which is the angle I come from. I have no interest whatsoever in the pogs and trading cards type aspect of it.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #4996 on: February 2, 2022, 05:09:37 pm »
It's mainly the shock of the new. It often happens with new ideas. If NFTs - or rather digital authenticity and conference of unique ownership rights - takes off long term it'll just be seen as a normal part of busness in years to come.

There are some issue with the whole thing, and in a certain moral (rather than legal) sense, people can get scammed quite easily at the moment, but there's a sound idea at the heart of it, esp for digital artists and creatives (in any field of art) which is the angle I come from. I have no interest whatsoever in the pogs and trading cards type aspect of it.
Maybe you're right, but digital images are so easy to copy that I think the comparison with trading cards is naive.
Not everything can be monetized. You don't pay money for a cooking recipe or a joke, unless it's packaged in a book.
Music used to be easy to monetize, but not anymore.
I think the hype will settle and this will die out.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4997 on: February 2, 2022, 06:03:58 pm »

Not everything can be monetized. You don't pay money for a cooking recipe or a joke, unless it's packaged in a book.

Capon's photoshops: priceless...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4998 on: February 2, 2022, 06:18:19 pm »
if you've got a problem with this specific thing to the exclusion of other 'merch' that doesn't stand up

Of course it stands up. NFTs are a token, which contains a URL, which can be removed or changed, which points to a picture, which can be removed or changed, and which you do not own copyright. In this case the image isn't even unique. The only thing you own after buying an NFT is the token itself, which in and of itself is useless.

It's entirely different to real physical merchandise.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4999 on: February 2, 2022, 06:32:28 pm »
am I right in saying that buying an NFT is essentially the same as buying a photograph of something.