Author Topic: PL: WBA 1 v 2 Liverpool ‘14 Kanu ‘33 Mo 90+4 Alisson (yes Alisson)  (Read 45308 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Come on Redmen!!
Well we beat that mob last night and there were many strong performances. Rhys and Nat did well for most of the match. All the front six worked hard and pressed the life out of them and Robby and Trent both looked dangerous throughout the match.
So onto West Brom. I put the prom line in the title because when I started going to the match regularly in the early seventies it was one of my favourite chants and used to make me smile. Unfortunately WBA players were on the receiving end of racist chants too but that is another story. I have only been to The Hawthorns once and quite liked it as a quaint ground with a decent standing area behind the goal for the away fans, and we won.
They have nothing to play for but have a couple of dangerous players we need to keep our eye on. We really should be able to beat these.
Our bench was weird yesterday with no Milner, Ox or Keita, I must assume they are all injured. If so, our options to rotate are limited except Sadio is likely to start again as he can use his anger to good effect.
A win by two clear goals is my prediction.
What are you thinking?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 12:40:18 pm by KiNki »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: WBA v Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 03:37:25 pm »

Easier to ask who isn’t injured
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 03:38:54 pm »
Bobby captains the reds…. Which is frankly brilliant
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 03:48:00 pm »
Footage from the team bus

W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 04:30:24 pm »
0 and we’re underway.

Unleash misery Fat Sam style
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 04:32:12 pm »
2 we’re passing it around at the back as they chase… not sure that’s going to be a great policy…
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2021, 04:33:36 pm »
3 50 yard Thiago diagonal causes chaos.

Robbo crosses, it’s blocked and thiago’s shot is blocked for a corner.

Which is put behind for another corner

Which Phillips eventually heads well over.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2021, 04:36:13 pm »
4 dangerous back header form TAA but it just about gets back to Becker.

WBA with a good ball between Robbo and Williams but Jones clears well.

Corner to the reds (which we will waste) after a Bobby pass sets salah away down the right

Phillips heads the corner well wide .. could have done better
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2021, 04:37:10 pm »
Needs to do a bit of work with his attacking headers. But I like we are putting them in early.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2021, 04:37:32 pm »
7 long throw to WBA. Cleared but dangerous none the less

Phillips already has a bloody lip.  This is fat bastard Allardyce football.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2021, 04:39:15 pm »
9 nice bit of passing football by the reds.  Salah crosses for the right, but it’s closer to the keeper than Mane.
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2021, 04:41:37 pm »
Shocking refereeing in the build up to that free kick, never a foul.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2021, 04:41:45 pm »
11 free kick to WBA on the far touch line.  Looked fine to me…

Pumped into the area and headed wide.

But given offside ….   
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2021, 04:43:47 pm »
13 WBA will be happiest with their start.

Looked bright and dangerous.  We’ve not done too much.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2021, 04:45:54 pm »
14 1-0.  We lose the ball in midfield.

It’s played to Robson Kanu who runs through to score.  Moles of space

They’ve probably deserved that
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2021, 04:45:58 pm »
Fucks sake

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: WBA 1 v 0 Liverpool ‘14 Kanu
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2021, 04:46:40 pm »
Over to Jill to end my curse.
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2021, 04:48:16 pm »
17 A good run from Trent ends with the ball going through to the goalie.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2021, 04:50:32 pm »
19 Every time a WBA players goes down its a free kick and screws up our momentum.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2021, 04:51:27 pm »
Cant claim that WBA have parked the bus today.  They’ve played football.
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2021, 04:52:22 pm »
20 We really haven't created anything, its hustle and bustle loads of WBA players back and getting challenges in early.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2021, 04:53:30 pm »
22 It really isn't clicking in the final third too many of our final balls are going out or we aren't releasing the ball early enough.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2021, 04:54:47 pm »
Grrrrr……
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2021, 04:54:59 pm »
24 That should be 1-1 but Mane puts it wide. But that is our best move which was created by Thiago.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2021, 04:55:47 pm »
24 That should be 1-1 but Mane puts it wide. But that is our best move which was created by Thiago.
If he’d left that for Jones behind him had an easier finish… had to go for it though
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2021, 04:56:37 pm »
25 A free kick after a foul on Mane in a promising place, which ends with Bobby falling over Sadio.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2021, 04:57:27 pm »
Grrrrrrr.
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2021, 04:57:58 pm »
26 The shot from Trent hits the wall and we get a corner. The corner is initially cleared we regain possession but Salah's shot goes wide.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2021, 04:58:56 pm »
26 The shot from Trent hits the wall and we get a corner. The corner is initially cleared we regain possession but Salah's shot goes wide.
What a ball by Trent to play Salah in there… 40 yards from the left back position…

We’re playing much better… need to score though
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2021, 04:59:38 pm »
28 We come again.  But Thiago's ball in doesn't quite reach a red shirt. Thiago is central to everything at the moment.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2021, 05:01:15 pm »
30 A long throw by Trent, is just about cleared by their defender.

Over to PB3. Bring us a goal for the Reds.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2021, 05:01:49 pm »
32 Decent approach play ends with Trent blasting high and wide from the edge of the box.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2021, 05:02:40 pm »
1-1 Mo, smasher from the edge of the box

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: WBA 1 v 1 Liverpool ‘14 Kanu ‘33 Mo
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2021, 05:03:35 pm »
He's done it again, PB3.  ;D

So Mo is back level with Kane, for the golden boot. Good assist by Sadio there.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2021, 05:03:50 pm »
Yes!

Oh look - Mane passed to Salah!

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2021, 05:03:52 pm »
Mane robbed them and Mo smashed home form the edge of the box.. 

Beautiful
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2021, 05:04:08 pm »
33 Interesting build up to the goal. Mike Dean blocked a Reds move and had to call play back. From the free kick it ends up with Mo and it’s in.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2021, 05:04:39 pm »
No no no no ..how?
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2021, 05:05:19 pm »
35 We should be ahead. Bobby with just the keeper to beat hits the bar, has to score. We’re carving out chances now.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2021, 05:05:23 pm »
Oh my lord - Bobby should have scored there

Urghh!!