Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1046829 times)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Who is worst Commentator/Pundit? Get your votes in and I'll add them
« Reply #7801 on: May 13, 2021, 06:15:00 pm »
That aged well

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7802 on: May 13, 2021, 09:42:11 pm »
Martin Tyler: “of course the fixture is only being played tonight because Manchester United couldn’t fulfil it the other day…for whatever reason.”

Am I fucking hearing things?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Online slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7804 on: May 14, 2021, 07:17:17 am »
https://twitter.com/CouchNish/status/1393025160001703940?s=20

Steve Nicol

:lmao

He is one of the most miserable people I have ever heard. Last season, he gave off about us not being unbeaten. Said, despite multiple offers to retract his statement, that he would have swapped a European Cup medal or league medal to go unbeaten in a season. He's the kind of person who find fault in absolutely everything

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7805 on: May 14, 2021, 07:23:53 am »
Neville was really fanning the flames yesterday. Some commentators/pundits from this list are really dumb as fuck, but Neville is more than that, he's a lunatic!
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7806 on: May 14, 2021, 08:35:51 am »
https://twitter.com/CouchNish/status/1393025160001703940?s=20

Steve Nicol

:lmao

A truly embarrassing pundit. I used to watch ESPN and he'd be on and the other guests would be people like Marcotti and Sid Lowe who know their football and he never knew what he was talking about; but acted like only his view counted because he's the one that played the game at the top level. That's all ex-player pundits are. Arrogant grifters topping up their pension.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #7807 on: May 14, 2021, 09:02:47 am »
Martin Tyler: “of course the fixture is only being played tonight because Manchester United couldn’t fulfil it the other day…for whatever reason.”

"Reds versus reds. Amidst red hot policing. And it's live!".

Presumably, he didn't have the foggiest idea of why GMP turned out en masse.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #7808 on: May 14, 2021, 09:21:50 am »
A truly embarrassing pundit. I used to watch ESPN and he'd be on and the other guests would be people like Marcotti and Sid Lowe who know their football and he never knew what he was talking about; but acted like only his view counted because he's the one that played the game at the top level. That's all ex-player pundits are. Arrogant grifters topping up their pension.

He was considered thick as mince when he was a player and usually the victim of pranks from other players I believe. Great player though but awful pundit. 
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #7809 on: May 14, 2021, 11:34:50 am »
He is one of the most miserable people I have ever heard. Last season, he gave off about us not being unbeaten. Said, despite multiple offers to retract his statement, that he would have swapped a European Cup medal or league medal to go unbeaten in a season. He's the kind of person who find fault in absolutely everything

Wonder if he knows you can go unbeaten in a season and still get relegated

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7810 on: May 14, 2021, 11:57:18 am »

I’d love to hear the conversation if someone actually went round to his place and told him they’ll take his solitary European Cup winners medal off him, expunge the 1984 European Cup from his record and in it’s place give him...nothing. Just the ability to pick one of his league medals and say that he can claim he wasn’t beaten that season.

Push comes to shove and Nicol would give him a two word answer. The second word being “off”.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #7811 on: May 14, 2021, 12:03:48 pm »
Martin Tyler kills me. What a great, entertaining game last night though and he couldn't muster a bit of enthusiasm, even for the Utd goals.

He may aswell have farted through the microphone.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #7812 on: May 14, 2021, 12:29:26 pm »
BBC are showing all of the Copa America, can’t wait to hear well known South American Jermaine Jenas’ thoughts.
AHA!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7813 on: May 14, 2021, 12:33:56 pm »
BBC are showing all of the Copa America, can’t wait to hear well known South American Jermaine Jenas’ thoughts.

I’ve got ‘play acting’, ‘Latin temperament’ and ‘samba football’ on my Jenas bingo card.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7814 on: May 14, 2021, 12:40:02 pm »

Tbf the context of that was him saying they have these matches close together but only because they couldn't get the original game played. Was basically saying they can't complain when it was their fault. Closest thing I've heard to criticism of them on Sky, although the 'whatever reason' shows he shied away even doing that properly

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #7815 on: May 14, 2021, 12:45:17 pm »
I’ve got ‘play acting’, ‘Latin temperament’ and ‘samba football’ on my Jenas bingo card.

Got 'Luis Suarez biting and/or being racist', 'eulogising about Maradonna', and 'learning to play football on the mean streets of Rio de Janeiro'

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7816 on: May 14, 2021, 01:10:11 pm »
All 3 last night were laughing about Utd losing to Leicester to stop Luverpool getting in CL.

One of em said "yeah we joked about that earlier in the studio"

I bet you did as that is what happened.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7817 on: May 14, 2021, 01:19:10 pm »

They should put the likes of Tim Vickery on the games and keep pricks like Danny Murphy and Jenas away from it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #7818 on: May 14, 2021, 01:23:07 pm »
I do recall Vickery being involved when they’ve shown the Libertadores finals, so I’d assume he’d be involved again. They could do worse than trying to tempt Leonardo back to punditry for a month, he used to be great on World Cup coverage, probably a bit too busy with PSG these days though.
AHA!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7819 on: May 14, 2021, 02:04:14 pm »
I do recall Vickery being involved when they’ve shown the Libertadores finals, so I’d assume he’d be involved again. They could do worse than trying to tempt Leonardo back to punditry for a month, he used to be great on World Cup coverage, probably a bit too busy with PSG these days though.

And conning Wetherfield pensioners out of their life savings.

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #7820 on: May 14, 2021, 02:38:37 pm »
Audrey looks within elbow range there.
AHA!

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #7821 on: May 14, 2021, 04:16:28 pm »
And conning Wetherfield pensioners out of their life savings.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #7822 on: May 14, 2021, 04:23:24 pm »

Pele, "Green and Gold of Brazil", Maradonna flawed genuis, Messi & zero world cups

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7823 on: May 14, 2021, 04:29:24 pm »

"Players like Harry Kane would never cheat like that"

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #7824 on: May 15, 2021, 07:06:45 pm »
Jenas after Chelsea’s goal is ruled out for a mm offside:

“I’ve never seen anything like it”

It literally happens every week you fucking brainless waste of oxygen
Believer

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7825 on: May 15, 2021, 09:04:33 pm »
Amazing how Lineker spends every week moaning about VAR on Twitter except when Leicester benefit from it and he just tweets "always loved VAR".

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7826 on: May 15, 2021, 09:09:23 pm »

He was also talking about Wes Morgan during the trophy parade thing. Said that he remebered Morgan playing in his Dad's team (he's a year younger than Jenas) & then he said "now here he is winning medal after medal with Leciester"

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7827 on: May 15, 2021, 10:41:54 pm »

He’s as thick as pigshit but seemingly inoffensive to the type of people who hired & promoted him. He offers nothing insightful & has no depth of experience to justify his position.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7828 on: May 15, 2021, 10:45:56 pm »
Is there any channel Jenas doesn't be on. He loves a cliche that fella. My pet hate one was on his list today too. James blocked Vardy's effort. "James gambled there to get across and block the shot"
A lot them seem to use that line for some strange reason bit he uses it a lot. A striker making a run to the front post, or making a run across his man. Or a defender making a block or tackle is always referred to as a gamble. I call it doing their job

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7829 on: May 16, 2021, 12:11:31 am »
Is there any channel Jenas doesn't be on. He loves a cliche that fella. My pet hate one was on his list today too. James blocked Vardy's effort. "James gambled there to get across and block the shot"
A lot them seem to use that line for some strange reason bit he uses it a lot. A striker making a run to the front post, or making a run across his man. Or a defender making a block or tackle is always referred to as a gamble. I call it doing their job

It's because they all went on the same media courses.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7830 on: May 16, 2021, 02:40:37 am »
Amazing how Lineker spends every week moaning about VAR on Twitter except when Leicester benefit from it and he just tweets "always loved VAR".
Oh come on, Lineker can be a bit of a twat but it's clear he's taking the piss out of himself a bit there.

Honetly I can't feel annoyed at old dobby today. 52 years after he saw Leicester lose an FA Cup final as a kid, and cried, he now sees them win as presenter of the BBC's coverage.

You've got no poetry in your soul if you can't feel happy for the jugeared crisp botherer and give him a mental nod and thumbs up.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7831 on: May 16, 2021, 03:00:30 am »
Oh come on, Lineker can be a bit of a twat but it's clear he's taking the piss out of himself a bit there.

Honetly I can't feel annoyed at old dobby today. 52 years after he saw Leicester lose an FA Cup final as a kid, and cried, he now sees them win as presenter of the BBC's coverage.

You've got no poetry in your soul if you can't feel happy for the jugeared crisp botherer and give him a mental nod and thumbs up.

Exactly,he's as much off a Leicester fan as we are Reds.He mentioned that his old man went to the other 4 finals,there's no wonder he was almost in tears.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7832 on: May 16, 2021, 05:00:48 pm »

Just to follow up on this c*nt. He’s just suggested Mike Dean has given a free kick to Liverpool (our first, 25 mins in to the match I believe) because of his “Merseyside connections”.

Not one fucking mention of where Anthony Taylor or the VAR referee (who’s name escapes me) were from the other night. He is a fucking scumbag, it’s as simple as that.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #7833 on: May 16, 2021, 07:13:24 pm »
Such an amazing goal that even Martin Tyler forgot himself and actually sounded enthusiastic after a Liverpool goal for the first time in my experience.

Online slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7834 on: May 16, 2021, 09:39:40 pm »
Tyler must have read out about 400 stats today. Sensing that people were more than likely fed up with them he came out with the - a fella stopped me on the way in and made sure I read this one out. It was so good I forget it

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7835 on: May 16, 2021, 09:57:38 pm »
Tyler must have read out about 400 stats today. Sensing that people were more than likely fed up with them he came out with the - a fella stopped me on the way in and made sure I read this one out. It was so good I forget it

Think that was WBA havent beaten the champions at The Hawthorns for 40 years and that team was.............LFC.

Basically desperate for us to lose as usual.

Online slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7836 on: May 16, 2021, 10:13:38 pm »
Think that was WBA havent beaten the champions at The Hawthorns for 40 years and that team was.............LFC.

Basically desperate for us to lose as usual.

That was it. Those amazing stats add so much to the viewing experience

Online slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7837 on: May 17, 2021, 09:09:57 am »
Danny Murphy "the worrying thing for Liverpool is that Trent it becoming the playmaker, the creator, from right back".  I must ask him what its like to have been asleep for the last 2 years, sounds great.
Lets get someone like Wan Basaka in who couldn't cross his legs

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #7838 on: May 17, 2021, 09:26:01 am »
Danny Murphy "the worrying thing for Liverpool is that Trent it becoming the playmaker, the creator, from right back".  I must ask him what its like to have been asleep for the last 2 years, sounds great.

Poor Danny.
So bitter
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7839 on: May 17, 2021, 09:30:04 am »

Yeah, worrying times when a player is scoring and assisting. Who needs such a player?! Nobody remembers the likes of Carlos, but the world will never forget your typical fullbacks like Marc Hottiger and Jan Kromkamp!

Murphy - what a fucking bellend
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI