Poll

Let's say that Liverpool get relegated for the ESL nonsense.. What do you think..

Absolutely right! We acted like total shithouses. Relegation is correct.
Wouldn't be happy. But we did wrong. Need to be punished and suck it up
Not really bothered. If that's what the authorities decide then fine
I'd be pretty annoyed
I'm be angry. I'd want us to leave the League whatever the consequences if this happened

Author Topic: ESL Relegatatron  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
ESL Relegatatron
« on: April 25, 2021, 12:00:10 pm »
How would we react?

I've seen quite a few articles from journalist obviously on crack demanding variously that we get relegated, that we get a 30 point deduction for the start of next season, that we get banned from Europe for 1 season or 2 or 5..

How would we feel about it?

Personally I've had enough of this fucking league. The double standards are shite. The Referees are shite. The hypocrisy is shite. The fucking media are absolute shite.

Fuck 'em I say. Football sold its soul in 1992 and it's a bit fucking late to be all high and mighty about it all.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: ESL Relegatatron
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 12:23:23 pm »
The only thing that will happen will be the influence might be wained slightly. UEFA clearly don't care too much as they know how valuable the English clubs are.

I feel people are forgetting the point that nobody tried to leave the Premier League. I find it all a bit mad and massively blown out of proportion.

Again, I feel people are missing the point that the players and managers keep making in the media - how are teams going to play all these extra games that keep getting put in!? Something's gotta give somewhere.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 12:24:50 pm »
Yeah... they relegated the big six..

Goodbye tv money
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 12:29:18 pm »
I'm not a fan of Tron legacy
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 12:38:07 pm »
Just ban the top 6 from Europe for next season.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline wet echo

• trapped paper puncher in need of a work out
  • Kopite
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 12:39:59 pm »
😂

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 12:40:46 pm »
Is this a concerted effort to again stifle criticism of the owners?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 12:40:56 pm »
It's bizarre.

The PL and the uninvited wanted the big two and the other four to stay because they know them leaving cuts the throat of the PL and the interest and the money would follow the six. Now they've stayed, they want them relegated anyway.

At the moment, I think we are just seeing the self righteous and the moral high grounders doing what they love doing; being outraged.

Anyway, relegating the top clubs simply strengthens the possibility of a proper, complete breakaway league coming to pass, ultimately leaving the uninvited without the clubs that bring the overwhelming majority of the money in.

These idiots really should be careful what they wish for.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 12:58:52 pm »
What's it got to do with the EPL anyway? We weren't going to leave the EPL - we were just switching the CL for ESL.
I double dare them to relegate us and watch viewing figures for the EPL plummet.

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2021, 12:58:55 pm »
I can see the six starting next season with a 10-point deduction. A substantial punishment that would make for an interesting season.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2021, 01:25:52 pm »
I can see the six starting next season with a 10-point deduction. A substantial punishment that would make for an interesting season.

I could see the season being delayed due to court cases in that case, the clubs never left anything in the end and in the case of the PL had no intention of doing so either.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2021, 01:27:05 pm »
That would be hilarious if it happens ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2021, 01:28:08 pm »
Relegatatron sounds like a shite Wesley Snipes sci-fi movie.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2021, 01:38:16 pm »
Relegatatron sounds like a shite Wesley Snipes sci-fi movie.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2021, 01:38:47 pm »

Seems fair to me

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2021, 01:42:15 pm »
What's it got to do with the EPL anyway? We weren't going to leave the EPL - we were just switching the CL for ESL.
I double dare them to relegate us and watch viewing figures for the EPL plummet.

Although viewing figures for the Championship would go through the roof.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2021, 01:51:29 pm »
Although viewing figures for the Championship would go through the roof.

Funnily enough I was thinking that.

The Championship would be the most watched league in the world - 6 top teams and only 3 could get promoted.

As a sporting competition it would be unique for at least a season

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2021, 02:06:52 pm »
Funnily enough I was thinking that.

The Championship would be the most watched league in the world - 6 top teams and only 3 could get promoted.

As a sporting competition it would be unique for at least a season
Right, I'm all for relegation now. ;)

Viewing figures for the PL die a death while the Championship becomes the biggest league in the world for at least one season. 😂

Mind you, won't this mean the 14 will complain that they weren't invited?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2021, 02:18:46 pm »
Everton would still fail to make Top 4 if all 6 clubs are relegated.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2021, 02:23:00 pm »
Is this a concerted effort to again stifle criticism of the owners?

Nah you crack on KH, there’s plenty of room for your criticism of the owners AND saying Mane and Firmino should be released on a free AND talk about how little money we’ll have to spend in the summer!!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2021, 02:24:47 pm »
Nah you crack on KH, there’s plenty of room for your criticism of the owners AND saying Mane and Firmino should be released on a free AND talk about how little money we’ll have to spend in the summer!!

Nice to be sure. Ill continue.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2021, 03:13:50 pm »
As annoyed as I was at what our owners did, I've become too apathetic towards the world of professional football to give a fuck anymore

Even if we were punished with relegation for our role in the ESL, it genuinely wouldn't bother me.

I'd probably scan a few headlines, have a quick browse on the main forum to observe the meltdown, and go on about my day

I have the same amount of fucks to give about relegation as FIFA and UEFA have to give about illegally enslaved labourers dying from exhaustion in Qatar

Relegated for trying to start a super league you say? Whoop de fucking doo
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2021, 04:46:29 pm »
I'm just looking forward to them trying to take on Man City's lawyers...the other 5 clubs would just sit back and let those guys fight the battle. Would probably end up with a financial bonus along the way.

In all seriousness. Being punished in any way for a bad idea would be silly and school age.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2021, 06:02:47 pm »
As annoyed as I was at what our owners did, I've become too apathetic towards the world of professional football to give a fuck anymore

Even if we were punished with relegation for our role in the ESL, it genuinely wouldn't bother me.

I'd probably scan a few headlines, have a quick browse on the main forum to observe the meltdown, and go on about my day

I have the same amount of fucks to give about relegation as FIFA and UEFA have to give about illegally enslaved labourers dying from exhaustion in Qatar

Relegated for trying to start a super league you say? Whoop de fucking doo

They can do their worst. Just don't want to give dickheads like Everton the satisfaction.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2021, 10:16:01 pm »
ESL back on ??  RTE just reported it's coming from Germany

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2021, 10:18:00 pm »
ESL back on ??  RTE just reported it's coming from Germany
No purpose to it if City and Chelsea are invited

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2021, 10:19:13 pm »

They showed something on screen for a minute or 2, a whole host of new proposals etc. Interesting

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2021, 10:24:19 pm »

Add Newcastle to that list.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2021, 10:34:44 pm »

Would be nice winning the that old first division trophy again. Seeing Klopp and Paisley holding both the European cup and that trophy would be a great visual.  ;D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2021, 10:38:57 pm »

A new competition could be much stricter with their financial controls rather than the likes of the CL or PL where they get tacked on later, you know that most of those involved outside of those two oil clubs would be happy to hamstring or evict those two.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2021, 10:47:53 pm »

From I remember reading they were only invited to join at the end and it was on a take it or leave it basis with the financial rules that had already been agreed by the others. That’s why they were the first ones to bail out.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2021, 10:52:28 pm »
Can't we just send City, Newcastle and Chelsea to this new league?  I'd rather us stay and dominate the PL and CL without having to compete with those gets. There'd probably be less money and fewer top drawer players, but if we're not having to play that lot every season it evens out for me.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2021, 01:43:50 am »
Can't we just send City, Newcastle and Chelsea to this new league? I'd rather us stay and dominate the PL and CL without having to compete with those gets. There'd probably be less money and fewer top drawer players, but if we're not having to play that lot every season it evens out for me.

When there is a cancer in the body, you don't kill the body in order to stop the cancer. You cut out the cancer so the body stays healthy.

Abu Dhabi, Newcasoil and Abram FC are cancers that need to be cut out and discarded for the health of the game. Maybe they could set up a four 'club' sportswash mercenary league with Paris St. Qatar somewhere in the middle east and play each other to their hearts content.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 02:16:30 am by Son of Spion* »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2021, 05:21:55 am »
Add Newcastle to that list.

Its not for small clubs anyway
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA