Author Topic: Holidays - UK or abroad?  (Read 43288 times)

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
Re: Holidays - UK or abroad?
« Reply #120 on: April 9, 2021, 10:01:38 am »
Will you head over to Magnetic Island?

We would like to but will just come down to time

With only 2 days plus we want to have a little look around as we are considering Townsville as a place to buy a property in the future

Have you been Nick ?

Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #121 on: April 9, 2021, 10:20:42 am »

We would like to but will just come down to time

With only 2 days plus we want to have a little look around as we are considering Townsville as a place to buy a property in the future

Have you been Nick ?

Years ago! Went on my travels in 2001. Got the ferry over from Townsville and stayed on a hostel right on the beach. Barely any traffic on the island, think you can hire beach buggy type vehicle to get around. We hired mountain bikes and explored the place, literally two of us on a massive deserted beach all to ourselves.

Nice place if you wanted a bit of peace for a couple of days!

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #122 on: April 9, 2021, 10:33:40 am »

Why Townsville out of interest?

Drove through Townsville about 4 years back. The centre was pretty nice, but as with most Aussie towns the rest of the city not so much! Although perhaps I just skipped the nicer bits. Pretty far from anywere as well, although again not unusual for Australia I suppose.

As always, it is the surrounding bush and scenery that makes up for it.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 9, 2021, 04:14:00 pm »
Why Townsville out of interest?

Drove through Townsville about 4 years back. The centre was pretty nice, but as with most Aussie towns the rest of the city not so much! Although perhaps I just skipped the nicer bits. Pretty far from anywere as well, although again not unusual for Australia I suppose.

As always, it is the surrounding bush and scenery that makes up for it.

I’ve not been but curious to have a look around

In Darwin we could buy a house but a decent house & a nice suburb your looking at $650-750,000
Townsville I can get the same house for $250-300,000 . There might be reasons it’s so much cheaper but I need to have a look at the place , As it’s half  the price & a bit more . Darwin is ridiculously expensive
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #124 on: April 9, 2021, 04:31:28 pm »
I’ve not been but curious to have a look around

In Darwin we could buy a house but a decent house & a nice suburb your looking at $650-750,000
Townsville I can get the same house for $250-300,000 . There might be reasons it’s so much cheaper but I need to have a look at the place , As it’s half  the price & a bit more . Darwin is ridiculously expensive

Fair enough! I had no idea Darwin was so expensive. I would love to have seen that part of the country but didn't get that far unfortunately

Like I say, I was just passing through Townsville so don't want to rain all over your parade :D. If I was going to move up that way it would be to somewhere around Mission Beach, or maybe around Atherton. Maybe you fancy somewhere a bit bigger though!

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2021, 02:03:08 pm »
Just added a week in Perth in mid December

Went for one night last month for work but not had a decent time there since 2010

Ashes Tests dates not released as of yet but could be lucky & there for maybe a day’s play
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2021, 02:34:18 pm »
Asked in the Covid thread but I’ll ask here too. When do we expect there to be an announcement regarding International travel? We have a couple of weeks left before we pay for the hotel or cancel it so hopefully there is an announcement soon enough.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2021, 07:43:20 pm »
Asked in the Covid thread but I’ll ask here too. When do we expect there to be an announcement regarding International travel? We have a couple of weeks left before we pay for the hotel or cancel it so hopefully there is an announcement soon enough.

It’s May 17th I think

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2021, 08:02:23 pm »
May 17th is the date they're expecting flights to resume, so I'm guessing Boris will do an announcement a week prior. Hopefully that date doesn't get pushed back, they've treated the travel industry like shit throughout all this.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2021, 09:07:22 pm »
Booked a few days in the Cotswolds. Mrs Grumpy wanted to go to the Med, but that’s unlikely this summer.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2021, 09:35:52 pm »
It's a holiday in Devon, and one in Wales for me this year.

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2021, 05:33:47 pm »
Booked a uk ‘staycation’ cruise from Liverpool the other day. Be nice to have something to look forward to

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #132 on: May 3, 2021, 09:03:25 pm »
Edinburgh for us no way I'm risking going abroad until next year. I've not been to Edinburgh for ages but it's such a great City would happily live there if not for the insane housing prices!

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: May 4, 2021, 02:37:25 pm »
Have gambled with a holiday to the States this year. Booked San Francisco for 2.5 weeks in mid-September.

I figure that the ability to travel somewhere will be impacted by:

1. How well vaccinated the other country is
2. How likely it is that the other country will suddenly "lock down" whilst you're there
3. How likely it is that the infection rate in the other country will rocket whilst you're away

The US seems to do well pretty well on all these fronts.

Vaccine rollout is going well, single jab J&J should see fully vaccinated numbers jump up very quickly. The country seems to be largely against lockdowns (even if California is a Blue state) and finally, the infection rate is likely to continue to drop if Israel's vaccine rollout is any precedent.

At £550 each for the flight from Manchester and with COVID-flexibility, it was a gamble I was willing to take. We'll keep our itinerary relatively flexible and will adapt depending on how it goes whilst we're out there. If we have to do more "outdoors" stuff then we can do. Even if restaurants close we'll just make sure we stay somewhere with a BBQ and will do some nice cooking ourselves.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: May 4, 2021, 08:12:26 pm »
Have gambled with a holiday to the States this year. Booked San Francisco for 2.5 weeks in mid-September.

I figure that the ability to travel somewhere will be impacted by:

1. How well vaccinated the other country is
2. How likely it is that the other country will suddenly "lock down" whilst you're there
3. How likely it is that the infection rate in the other country will rocket whilst you're away

The US seems to do well pretty well on all these fronts.

Vaccine rollout is going well, single jab J&J should see fully vaccinated numbers jump up very quickly. The country seems to be largely against lockdowns (even if California is a Blue state) and finally, the infection rate is likely to continue to drop if Israel's vaccine rollout is any precedent.

At £550 each for the flight from Manchester and with COVID-flexibility, it was a gamble I was willing to take. We'll keep our itinerary relatively flexible and will adapt depending on how it goes whilst we're out there. If we have to do more "outdoors" stuff then we can do. Even if restaurants close we'll just make sure we stay somewhere with a BBQ and will do some nice cooking ourselves.

You'll be fine - that's a long time, what are you planning? Wine country (Sonoma, Napa) is beautiful that time of year and well worth a few days, even if you're not into wine. 2 hours drive from SF if I recall. Also a nice drive down PCH-1, through Carmel and that area is a must. Some great areas (national park maybe) for seeing the giant redwoods and sequoias out there too, never did that when I was there but definitely would now (got a bit more in tune with nature as I've aged :) ).

Personally not a big fan of San Fran the city, good for a couple of days but I reckon you'd get tired of it.

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 5, 2021, 02:19:56 pm »
Fingers crossed. I am hoping things have quietened down a lot by then. We were in New Zealand last year when Covid lockdowns hit and had to do a mad dash home (walked into a travel agent and bought a flight leaving the next day) so it'll be nice to get a more relaxing trip in if possible!

You've covered a good chunk of the schedule there. SF for a couple of days, up to wine region then across to Yosemite and Sequoia NPs then back north following Route 1 (assuming they've fixed the road by then).

Any recommendation for vineyards or anywhere else would be greatly appreciated. Both really in to our wine and hoping to stay on a vineyard if at all possible. Maybe do a couple of tours and tastings.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: May 5, 2021, 03:20:30 pm »
Had an email from EasyJet today to inform me online check-in for our flight to Lanzarote on 30th May is now open. Should have both had our second shots by then as the 29th is 12 weeks from first dose.

Wouldn't be arsed about going if this weather wasn't so shite, its going to be one of those years where it never gets warm isn't it? Its fucking with my mental health being so cold and stuck in the house all the time.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #137 on: May 5, 2021, 03:28:20 pm »
Should do you good Rob, good to hear it's going ahead.

I've been looking at Mexico for February next year. I just want something to look forward to that kills some of the monotony - like Rob above I'm pretty much in the house seven days a week and only leave to run. I did see some friends last weekend which was good, but it's not the same as doing what you want when you want and having things on the horizon to look forward to.

I held off booking Cyprus for the last week in September /first in October (only weeks I can get 10 days off in one go) because if it's late July by the time I get my first jab, I doubt we'll be going away this year. Mexico is surprisingly affordable, around £1300 pp for a decent looking 4 star in Playacar. I'd want to go to Chichen Itza for sure and I think it's around a two hour journey from there.

Anyone been to that area? Do we reckon the prices will sky rocket once there's more confidence in foreign travel?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 5, 2021, 03:43:40 pm »
I've been to Cancun and Tulum which is further down the coast. Playa del Carmen is roughly in between the two.

You'll be able to do an excursion to Chichen Itza without any problems. There will be loads of companies in PdC running trips and I'd be surprised if your hotel doesn't offer a way of booking it through them.

If you're the type who enjoys trips out, I'd recommend Ek'Balam which is another Mayan ruin site and is a lot less busy than the CI. You can actually climb the pyramids there and from the top you overlook the jungle which is a stunning view.

When we were there it started to absolutely hammer down but we stayed at the top as everyone else headed down for cover. The rain lasted for a few minutes and after it stopped, the noise from all the various creatures in the jungle was astonishing to hear. Howler monkeys, birds, insects all crying out in chorus.

Valladolid is an old colonial Spanish town and worth a wander. My wife and I really like the old Spanish colonial towns and stopped for lunch there.

One thing I regret is not getting a chance to visit one of the cenotes. A cenote is a natural 'sink hole cave' which is full of water and acts as a natural swimming pool. Cenote Dzitnup is the most famous one and was just closing when we turned up. I'm gutted we never got to experience it.

We hired a car and it was pretty easy driving there. Getting out of Cancun was a bit frantic but then the roads were dead in between locations.

In answer to your question on prices, I reckon they'll rocket as soon as this traffic light system is introduced, that's why I was willing to take a gamble.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 5, 2021, 03:43:45 pm »
Jet2 informed us last week that our hotel in Fuerteventura wont be opening until October.  We were all due to go in August.  They offered us a change of hotel but decided to take the refund instead and write the foreign holiday off this year.

Instead, booked one of those Scandinavian style lodges on a resort in Portreath near Redruth Cornwall.  It looks great.  Not been on a Cornish holiday since I was a kid 35 years ago, so be nice to reminisce a bit.  St Ives is just down the coast a little bit too.

Beach looks lovely too to be fair.  We are going with the daughter, her fella and our 18 month old grandson, so looking forward to it.

Please don't let it piss down for a week.

All being well, we will hit the AI in Mexico or likewise in 2022 and get back to normal :)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #140 on: May 5, 2021, 04:20:10 pm »
One thing I regret is not getting a chance to visit one of the cenotes. A cenote is a natural 'sink hole cave' which is full of water and acts as a natural swimming pool. Cenote Dzitnup is the most famous one and was just closing when we turned up. I'm gutted we never got to experience it.

100% visit some cenotes when you go, we did 3 different ones (inc some smaller off the beaten track ones which were quieter as less tourists). Such clear water, although freezing too (which is nice given the heat!).

Also do a catamaran trip if you're a fan of drink and snorkeling. They'll take you to a few of the protected reefs, we swam with turtles and all sorts when we want, it was excellent.

And if you're up for a night out 100% do Coco Bongos. Assuming it's all open then. One of the best nights out I've ever had. Make sure to pay a tad extra for a table though - it's well worth the money.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 5, 2021, 04:25:38 pm »

I've been looking at Mexico for February next year. I just want something to look forward to that kills some of the monotony - like Rob above I'm pretty much in the house seven days a week and only leave to run. I did see some friends last weekend which was good, but it's not the same as doing what you want when you want and having things on the horizon to look forward to.

I held off booking Cyprus for the last week in September /first in October (only weeks I can get 10 days off in one go) because if it's late July by the time I get my first jab, I doubt we'll be going away this year. Mexico is surprisingly affordable, around £1300 pp for a decent looking 4 star in Playacar. I'd want to go to Chichen Itza for sure and I think it's around a two hour journey from there.

Anyone been to that area? Do we reckon the prices will sky rocket once there's more confidence in foreign travel?

We're going to Cyprus end of October and to Cancun next May - both are holidays that were cancelled in 2020.

If I didn't have the trucks of a weekend I'd go nuts, three weeks ago I went to Thurrock, right next to the QE2 Bridge/on the Thames and two weeks ago I went to Cumbernauld nr Glasgow, otherwise I'd be stuck with the same old same old - managed to sit outside the pubs when I was off a few weeks ago, but even that has gone to shit now with the weather.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: May 5, 2021, 04:28:20 pm »
Cheers for that both, it definitely sounds up my street. I love lounging in the sun but can only do it for a day or two before I need to do something and I typically like to get some culture when I'm in a new country, so all of that sounds class.

I'm going to bring it up with the Missus when she's home tonight, can't beat that price given what's on offer and all the activities/sites available from the sounds of it.

I reckon if we wait, as Adam said, it probably costs close to a grand more for the same thing at the same time of year, if not more.

We're going to Cyprus end of October and to Cancun next May - both are holidays that were cancelled in 2020.

If I didn't have the trucks of a weekend I'd go nuts, three weeks ago I went to Thurrock, right next to the QE2 Bridge/on the Thames and two weeks ago I went to Cumbernauld nr Glasgow, otherwise I'd be stuck with the same old same old - managed to sit outside the pubs when I was off a few weeks ago, but even that has gone to shit now with the weather.
Cumbernauld - do you drive the tankers Rob?
« Last Edit: May 5, 2021, 04:30:12 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: May 5, 2021, 04:35:41 pm »
Cheers for that both, it definitely sounds up my street. I love lounging in the sun but can only do it for a day or two before I need to do something and I typically like to get some culture when I'm in a new country, so all of that sounds class.

I'm going to bring it up with the Missus when she's home tonight, can't beat that price given what's on offer and all the activities/sites available from the sounds of it.

I reckon if we wait, as Adam said, it probably costs close to a grand more for the same thing at the same time of year, if not more.
Cumbernauld - do you drive the tankers Rob?

Agree prices will sky rocket, thats why the missus has been booking early, we got Lanzarote for £900, its £2.5k now - still cheaper than a week in the UK mind.

Not on tankers no, just general haulage, although I do have ADR. There is a farmfoods on an estate there, we deliver to there.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: May 5, 2021, 05:59:23 pm »
Fingers crossed. I am hoping things have quietened down a lot by then. We were in New Zealand last year when Covid lockdowns hit and had to do a mad dash home (walked into a travel agent and bought a flight leaving the next day) so it'll be nice to get a more relaxing trip in if possible!

You've covered a good chunk of the schedule there. SF for a couple of days, up to wine region then across to Yosemite and Sequoia NPs then back north following Route 1 (assuming they've fixed the road by then).

Any recommendation for vineyards or anywhere else would be greatly appreciated. Both really in to our wine and hoping to stay on a vineyard if at all possible. Maybe do a couple of tours and tastings.

Oh man if you're into wine you will love it then. We just did a one-day minibus tour, this is almost 10 years ago now - I only remember one of the names, Frick Winery, we liked that one. Also Mumm in Napa is a great experience for a bit of well-oiled corporate luxury. But there are loads, and loads of tour operators - enjoy  ;D

Hoping to make it out there around the same time, either that area or Willamette Valley in Oregon.

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: May 5, 2021, 06:23:03 pm »

I went to Mexico about 3 years ago, it was very cheap from memory but I stayed mainly in hostels. The ADO buses there are comfortable and safe if you want to visit different towns. The cenotes that got recommended earlier are a must visit for that area, we visited quite a few near Valladolid which is the town close to Chichen Itza, there is one in the middle of the town which is good.

For snorkelling you'll be just up the coast from Akumal which has (hopefully) turtles just off the beach to swim with. If you want culture look into going to Merida, not sure its a day trip though.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: May 6, 2021, 11:23:08 am »
I went to Mexico about 3 years ago, it was very cheap from memory but I stayed mainly in hostels. The ADO buses there are comfortable and safe if you want to visit different towns. The cenotes that got recommended earlier are a must visit for that area, we visited quite a few near Valladolid which is the town close to Chichen Itza, there is one in the middle of the town which is good.

For snorkelling you'll be just up the coast from Akumal which has (hopefully) turtles just off the beach to swim with. If you want culture look into going to Merida, not sure its a day trip though.
Appreciate the recommendations - We booked this morning, just shy of £3000 all in for 11 nights late March/Early April next year, so there's something on the calendar to look forward to. I'll be looking to hit as many of the recommendations as we can, I can only sit in the sun for so long even though I do like it roasting hot.

Valladolid is somewhere I did a little reading up on after it was mentioned to me, that's definitely somewhere we'll hit. Merida is almost 4 hours away which doesn't bother me, I'll happily get up very early to enjoy it and get some more culture - looks like the cenotes are generally that direction also.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 7, 2021, 12:03:13 pm »
The day of the announcements about the green list, EasyJet has just cancelled our holiday in Lanzarote for the 30th May, one of the flights is cancelled and no alternative can be arranged.

Cynic in me thinks they have cancelled as we only paid £900 for the whole holiday, they will miraculously find a flight and resell it for £2500, missus is having none of it "they wouldn't do that" - naive doesn't come into it with her.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 7, 2021, 12:14:39 pm »
The day of the announcements about the green list, EasyJet has just cancelled our holiday in Lanzarote for the 30th May, one of the flights is cancelled and no alternative can be arranged.

Cynic in me thinks they have cancelled as we only paid £900 for the whole holiday, they will miraculously find a flight and resell it for £2500, missus is having none of it "they wouldn't do that" - naive doesn't come into it with her.
That's shit, especially knowing how important a respite it is for you Rob.

Yeah I'd be looking at it cynically, seeing as Tui did much the same thing with our trip to Zante last year, said there were no alternatives after cancelling, then a quick google showed there were, but at double the price.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 7, 2021, 12:20:06 pm »
That's shit, especially knowing how important a respite it is for you Rob.

Yeah I'd be looking at it cynically, seeing as Tui did much the same thing with our trip to Zante last year, said there were no alternatives after cancelling, then a quick google showed there were, but at double the price.

I'm going to check later, they don't have anything on right now, but I know full well they had a 183 seat plane full of passengers who paid next to nothing for the holiday last year and they have 183 people they can sell those holidays to for 3 times the price. Its only to prove her wrong, I'd rather not look.

Online macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: May 7, 2021, 02:33:54 pm »
Got a few booked. One has already slightly gone to pot. Got Munich at the end of September for a few days. Was meant to be for oktoberfest but thats been cancelled, still reckon we are going anyway regardless. Other than that got 5 nights in Iceland in December and a skiing holiday in Jan. Got the hotel in Iceland on last minute cancellation so wont lose too much if I cant go. Be very surprised if they dont go ahead so still optimistic for them.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 7, 2021, 03:16:47 pm »
Missus is sat poised to hit book as soon as shapps announces the green list 😂

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #152 on: May 7, 2021, 03:29:02 pm »
I know it's hard to judge but do people reckon things will be fairly normal for European holidays by September? As in no faffing about with tests, quarantine, traffic light lists, etc?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #153 on: May 7, 2021, 03:30:17 pm »
I know it's hard to judge but do people reckon things will be fairly normal for European holidays by September? As in no faffing about with tests, quarantine, traffic light lists, etc?

I'd imagine there will still be most things by Sept.

I've got Italy booked at the very end of July and expecting a bit of a rigmarole.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: May 7, 2021, 05:20:04 pm »
Spain and Greece not on the green list so a week of pubs and restaurants local for us in June. Hope the bastard weather improves

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #155 on: May 7, 2021, 05:21:53 pm »
Have the lists been published?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 7, 2021, 05:46:00 pm »
Unfortunately I think we'll still be in the same situation, countries moving from green to amber, amber to red etc.

I had Turkey booked for September but I'm looking to change it to next year as things change at the drop of a hat. It's good that it's on the red list for now as the country is in lockdown, cases were sky high two weeks ago and the CL Final will worsen the situation.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: May 7, 2021, 05:49:38 pm »
Have the lists been published?

Yep, Shapps was on the BBC earlier. Turkey now red list so the CL oil final needs moving

Green List
Portugal
Israel
Singapore
Australia
New Zealand
Brunei
Iceland
Gibraltar
Falkland Islands
Faroe Islands
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
St Helena, Tristan de Cunha, Ascension Island

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 7, 2021, 05:53:59 pm »
We are meant to be going to Gran Canaria in October. Big problem I have is even if it's on the green by then I can't afford for it to suddenly be changed while I'm there as I'm a teacher so don't have the safety net of having time booked off after we get back. Pretty sure my Head Teacher wouldn't be impressed if I miss a week of work because I'm stuffing myself in the Canaries.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #159 on: May 7, 2021, 06:00:57 pm »
We are meant to be going to Gran Canaria in October. Big problem I have is even if it's on the green by then I can't afford for it to suddenly be changed while I'm there as I'm a teacher so don't have the safety net of having time booked off after we get back. Pretty sure my Head Teacher wouldn't be impressed if I miss a week of work because I'm stuffing myself in the Canaries.

Yeah we had toyed with going to the Canaries in October half term. My wife’s a teacher too and not sure I can be arsed with the hassle of things change again or we have to quarantine. Better to wait again until next year.