Author Topic: Covid-19 Mass testing  (Read 9381 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Covid-19 Mass testing
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2020, 02:24:53 pm »
For info.  Request for volunteers in vaccination centres in Liverpool

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2020, 04:41:20 pm »
For info.  Request for volunteers in vaccination centres in Liverpool

So volunteer to put yourself around 300 potentially sick and contagious people a day for no money (and no sick pay and no responsibility if you do).

Either private companies are too expensive or even they wouldn't put their workforces at that level of risk

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2020, 05:12:09 pm »
So volunteer to put yourself around 300 potentially sick and contagious people a day for no money (and no sick pay and no responsibility if you do).

Either private companies are too expensive or even they wouldn't put their workforces at that level of risk

I went for my flu jab at the doctors on Saturday and the only person who got anywhere near me was the nurse who administered the jab, we queued outside, walked to a line, they were a good 8 feet inside and we gave our names and then were led through by the nurse herself. I can imagine you'd wear full PPE and just deal with things like telling people where to queue and pointing the direction they need to walk.

I'd also hazard a guess that they've looked at the infections among shop workers to gauge the risks, they deal will hundreds if not thousand wandering through the shop every day, not masked, touching everything in sight, not giving them any room.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2020, 10:43:40 am »
Been in the queue at the town hall since 9.10 this morning. Prob got another 15-20 wait.

Not sure why they shut the Kings Dock one. It was much bigger and would have handled the demand there clearly is much quicker.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: January 2, 2021, 01:28:06 pm »
Anyone got 80+ parents in Liverpool or Knowsley?
Just wondering what the vaccine situation is. My dad is 84 and hasn’t been contacted yet. He’s got a knowsley postcode but a Liverpool GP (he’s had for years) and I’m just a bit worried because as he hasn’t heard anything yet.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #46 on: January 2, 2021, 02:25:23 pm »
Just wondering what the vaccine situation is. My dad is 84 and hasn’t been contacted yet. He’s got a knowsley postcode but a Liverpool GP (he’s had for years) and I’m just a bit worried because as he hasn’t heard anything yet.

I'm in Wirral and Mum is 90.  Still waiting to hear.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47 on: January 2, 2021, 03:21:49 pm »
Nan is 87 and heard about hers. She’s also got breast cancer though so may have been a factor.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 2, 2021, 06:48:16 pm »
I'm in Wirral and Mum is 90.  Still waiting to hear.

My best mate's grandad is 91 and he's had the vaccine; but she lives in Eastham so he's probably more Cheshire than Wirral.  I'd have to ask her.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #49 on: January 2, 2021, 07:06:03 pm »
My best mate's grandad is 91 and he's had the vaccine; but she lives in Eastham so he's probably more Cheshire than Wirral.  I'd have to ask her.

That's definitely Wirral.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 4, 2021, 12:23:22 pm »
That's definitely Wirral.

She is Wirral,  but I don't know where her grandad lives.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #51 on: January 4, 2021, 12:26:41 pm »
She is Wirral,  but I don't know where her grandad lives.

Ah right  :)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: January 4, 2021, 12:55:19 pm »

Not my parents but a number (5+) of over 80's I know personally through work have had their first jabs. Give his GP a ring, nothing to lose.

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 4, 2021, 09:02:57 pm »
^ yea. Cheers. It would be great if we knew there was a system set up to communicate by letter or telephone, I just assumed there would be.

Edit I found this on line

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/

« Last Edit: January 4, 2021, 09:53:10 pm by kavah »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #54 on: January 4, 2021, 09:36:46 pm »
My Nan (West Derby) got a letter.

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 4, 2021, 10:56:39 pm »
My dad (82 and has COPD) has had his first jab 2 weeks ago and has his second a week tomorrow.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #56 on: January 5, 2021, 05:15:17 am »
Received the "you've been in contact with someone who's tested positive" notification just now, with an instruction to self-isolate for 5 days.

Do those of us in Liverpool with access to the mass testing treat this any differently, or is it just a case of sitting tight until the weekend?  I'd been planning to go for a test at lunchtime today!

Funnily enough, I felt unwell yesterday and have woken up worse (though the symptoms seem more like a regular cold).

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #57 on: January 5, 2021, 07:28:09 am »
Received the "you've been in contact with someone who's tested positive" notification just now, with an instruction to self-isolate for 5 days.

Do those of us in Liverpool with access to the mass testing treat this any differently, or is it just a case of sitting tight until the weekend?  I'd been planning to go for a test at lunchtime today!

Funnily enough, I felt unwell yesterday and have woken up worse (though the symptoms seem more like a regular cold).

If you're told by the app to self isolate you must stay at home.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 5, 2021, 08:24:01 am »

If you've any symptoms, even those that are more like a cold, you have to use the 'symptomatic' testing sites, not the ones for mass testing. The symptomatic testing sites will use the more sensitive PCR test.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 5, 2021, 11:27:31 pm »

I don't have the app, but I got an advisory the other day that I may have been in contact with someone who tested positive on the 29th December.  I got a lateral flow test at King's Dock on the Sunday (Jan 3) that came back negative, but I've been fretting that there's a huge potential overlap between exposure and exhibiting symptoms.  That said, I wasn't in contact with anyone for more than a few seconds, and the literature I've read said you need a minimum of 15 minutes.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #60 on: January 5, 2021, 11:29:59 pm »
I don't have the app, but I got an advisory the other day that I may have been in contact with someone who tested positive on the 29th December.  I got a lateral flow test at King's Dock on the Sunday (Jan 3) that came back negative, but I've been fretting that there's a huge potential overlap between exposure and exhibiting symptoms.  That said, I wasn't in contact with anyone for more than a few seconds, and the literature I've read said you need a minimum of 15 minutes.

Def not a min of 15 mins. You can be face to face for less than a min if you’re close enough.

Just get yourself another test if you feel unsure, but it’s likely you’re fine.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 5, 2021, 11:33:34 pm »
Def not a min of 15 mins. You can be face to face for less than a min if you’re close enough.

Just get yourself another test if you feel unsure, but it’s likely you’re fine.

I'm reasonably sure I'm fine, as when I first dealt with the staff we both had masks and were separated by a screen, and when they arrived with my food, they had a mask and didn't stick around.  It was probably barely 30 seconds, or a minute at most. You can never be 100% sure, but I got a test as soon as I realised there was a risk. 

t's been a full week now and still nothing, and with the new lockdown there's nowhere for me to go anyway!  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #62 on: January 6, 2021, 09:38:28 am »
I'm reasonably sure I'm fine, as when I first dealt with the staff we both had masks and were separated by a screen, and when they arrived with my food, they had a mask and didn't stick around.  It was probably barely 30 seconds, or a minute at most. You can never be 100% sure, but I got a test as soon as I realised there was a risk. 

t's been a full week now and still nothing, and with the new lockdown there's nowhere for me to go anyway!  ;D

I'm feel largely the same - as I posted on the main Covid thread yesterday, my greater concern for now is how I can use the house during isolation (with a housemate to be considerate towards)...it sounds as though I'm going about things the right way based on the few people I've spoken to though.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #63 on: January 6, 2021, 12:58:29 pm »
Mum is getting her jab next Tuesday - Woohoo!  Wirral based by the way and Group 2 - aged 90.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 6, 2021, 01:27:12 pm »
^ nice one. Was the call from her GP?

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #65 on: January 6, 2021, 01:52:02 pm »
^ nice one. Was the call from her GP?

yes but the jab is at Woodchurch Leisure Centre - live in Greasby.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 6, 2021, 09:32:45 pm »
^ great, thanks for the info.

edit: Reading the main thread on the news page it does seem to be something of a lottery depending on where you live.
Some more info here in the echo, it says wait for a call or letter

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/race-protect-most-vulnerable-liverpool-19579878
« Last Edit: January 7, 2021, 02:06:55 pm by kavah »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 9, 2021, 08:15:14 pm »
Ah right  :)

Saw my mate today and she confirmed that her grandad lives in Neston, which is in Cheshire.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 9, 2021, 08:39:07 pm »
Saw my mate today and she confirmed that her grandad lives in Neston, which is in Cheshire.

I've got family in Little Sutton, they loved it when they lost the L postcode and got a CH, even though they are from Everton.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2021, 08:54:46 am »
I've got family in Little Sutton, they loved it when they lost the L postcode and got a CH, even though they are from Everton.

Probably explains it. ;D

When I was in an office about 16 years ago, I did a change of address for a guy from "Tranmere,  Birkenhead" to "Prenton, Cheshire". Not that he'd moved house or anything.  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2021, 04:50:53 pm »
Probably explains it. ;D

When I was in an office about 16 years ago, I did a change of address for a guy from "Tranmere,  Birkenhead" to "Prenton, Cheshire". Not that he'd moved house or anything.  ;D

All Reds though, just got a bit stuck up living over the water.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2021, 04:59:25 pm »
Probably explains it. ;D

Prenton isn't in Cheshire - he was having you on.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2021, 05:25:49 pm »

It's that whole CH postcode nonsense. I used to work with a lad from Wallasey, he used to go mad if anyone called him a Scouser

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2021, 05:29:04 pm »
It's that whole CH postcode nonsense. I used to work with a lad from Wallasey, he used to go mad if anyone called him a Scouser

I wasn't happy, personally when they changed the postcodes but it was because they changed Wirral's main sorting office to Chester that it happened I believe.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 06:09:18 pm by Millie »

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2021, 08:27:36 pm »

He was trying to be a posh dick by up-marketing his address, that's all. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2021, 08:29:59 pm »
He was trying to be a posh dick by up-marketing his address, that's all. ;D

;D

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2021, 08:32:45 pm »
;D

I remember at the time - we worked in the tax office on James Street - we were all laughing our heads off at it. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2021, 09:39:27 am »
I'm a bit confused (which doesn't take much to be fair), a lad off my team in work has tested positive last night and as I was in close contact with him on Thursday I thought I best get tested.
I haven't had any of the main symptoms, although my fookin head was banging all weekend and didn't respond to the normal headache tablets.

I've booked myself into the Walk-In Test Centre in Huyton Village for 12pm, but don't know if I need one of those lateral tests or mass-testing kits.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2021, 11:58:13 am »
I'm a bit confused (which doesn't take much to be fair), a lad off my team in work has tested positive last night and as I was in close contact with him on Thursday I thought I best get tested.
I haven't had any of the main symptoms, although my fookin head was banging all weekend and didn't respond to the normal headache tablets.

I've booked myself into the Walk-In Test Centre in Huyton Village for 12pm, but don't know if I need one of those lateral tests or mass-testing kits.

If you had symptoms (and a headache will count)  go to the proper covid testing site (for with symptoms). They'll use the PCR test, which is better at picking up infections. It'll take about two days for the results to come through, during which you should isolate.

What you do at the test centre is identical, it just depends on whether they send the swap to a lab, or if they process it right there with the lateral flow kit.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2021, 02:23:00 pm »
If you had symptoms (and a headache will count)  go to the proper covid testing site (for with symptoms). They'll use the PCR test, which is better at picking up infections. It'll take about two days for the results to come through, during which you should isolate.

What you do at the test centre is identical, it just depends on whether they send the swap to a lab, or if they process it right there with the lateral flow kit.

Cheers pal, made an appointment to the one in Huyton which will take between 2-3 days so lets see what happens.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."