Author Topic: Covid-19 Mass testing  (Read 9379 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Covid-19 Mass testing
« on: November 5, 2020, 07:44:43 pm »
I know some (probably most) avoid the Covid thread on the news forum but this is a city-wide testing initiative that could really help the city when lockdown ends

https://liverpoolexpress.co.uk/whole-city-testing-under-way-in-liverpool/

I'll probably wander down tomorrow morning

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: Covid-19 Mass testing
« Reply #1 on: November 6, 2020, 10:23:36 am »
Book via the link - the questions guide you to the no symptoms & Liverpool options:  https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

I'm booked for walk-in at Wavertree at midday.  Seems to me like the best way to take a lead as a city, re-unite with friends & family, get our pubs, restaurants, & bars back open, and protect our key-workers and children who are out there at risk every day.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2 on: November 6, 2020, 01:00:26 pm »
That was painless.  Arrived (on foot) for 11:50, joined a very short queue (for the existing 48-72 hour turnaround swab tests), queued for fifteen minutes, 5 minutes test with clear instructions, and a ten minute stroll home in the sunshine.

The bookings will obviously help with the flow of people, but they're bound to slip behind a bit so I'd definitely recommend getting there at the start of your booking window (I think they were half hour slots), and earlier in the day if you can.

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: November 6, 2020, 02:09:53 pm »
Do you get the pick between the existing ones or the rapid ones?

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #4 on: November 6, 2020, 03:25:08 pm »
You know what, I can't actually remember - can anyone else who's clicking through the process confirm?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: November 6, 2020, 03:30:05 pm »
Going to take a walk down to King’s dock over the weekend.

I know you can book an appointment, but you can also just walk up too can’t you?

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #6 on: November 6, 2020, 03:32:26 pm »

I know you can book an appointment, but you can also just walk up too can’t you?

They were putting people in different queues in Wavertree, and mine (bookings) looked a lot shorter.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7 on: November 6, 2020, 03:33:11 pm »
They were putting people in different queues in Wavertree, and mine (bookings) looked a lot shorter.

Yeah thought as much. I’ll try and figure a time and book I think.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2020, 09:18:43 pm »
Anyway.....

Get tested. Make use of this opportunity.

Will probably go for my repeat test either tomorrow or Friday when I'm working from home

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2020, 10:08:24 pm »
Got an email from the boss today encouraging everyone to get tested.

Told that anyone testing positive (and unable to work from home) will be paid in full to self isolate without using sick days.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2020, 12:30:09 pm »

I walked in & filled out the online questionnaire there..takes 5 mins or so.

Got tested earlier & negative.

Fill out the online questionnaire prior.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 12:32:14 pm by Medellin »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2020, 07:27:18 pm »
Just went to the one at Kings Dock.

In and out with no queue, got it well organised. Results were back within 15 mins.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2020, 10:00:14 pm »
Its now 10pm.

Pass it on, Craig has got the Covid.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2020, 10:07:24 pm »
Just went to the one at Kings Dock.

In and out with no queue, got it well organised. Results were back within 15 mins.

And, is she pregnant?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2020, 10:10:33 pm »
Its now 10pm.

Pass it on, Craig has got the Covid.

Touch of the covids!

And, is she pregnant?

Thankfully not! And neither am I.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2020, 11:51:12 am »
Repeat test done fine. Much quieter this time round. Negative result again in 10 mins of leaving. They finally got mirrors so you can get at your tonsils easier.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2020, 12:03:19 pm »
Repeat test done fine. Much quieter this time round. Negative result again in 10 mins of leaving. They finally got mirrors so you can get at your tonsils easier.

Do you get any reminder or is it just a case of taking yourself for another after X amount of time?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2020, 12:16:27 pm »
Do you get any reminder or is it just a case of taking yourself for another after X amount of time?

Just take yourself. There is nothing stopping you having as many tests as you want but they are recommending that if you have no symptoms then once a week

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2020, 05:04:59 pm »
Latest Testing figures for Liverpool;
•160,461 total tests used:
•PCR – 62,258
•LFT – 98,203.
Infection rates across Liverpool City Region as follows:
Liverpoool-173 per 100,000
St Helens - 200
Wirral -       146
Halton -      217
Knowsley - 179
Sefton -      147

For context, the rate before lockdown was 700+ in Liverpool
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 05:07:39 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2020, 05:29:06 pm »
Latest Testing figures for Liverpool;
•160,461 total tests used:
•PCR – 62,258
•LFT – 98,203.
Infection rates across Liverpool City Region as follows:
Liverpoool-173 per 100,000
St Helens - 200
Wirral -       146
Halton -      217
Knowsley - 179
Sefton -      147

For context, the rate before lockdown was 700+ in Liverpool

Is this the mass testing figures (i.e. people without symptoms) or just the local figures from the symptomatic test centres?

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2020, 10:51:36 pm »
Is this the mass testing figures (i.e. people without symptoms) or just the local figures from the symptomatic test centres?
It's the official overall figures. We need to be 150/100k to be Tier 1.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2020, 11:07:47 pm »
It's the official overall figures. We need to be 150/100k to be Tier 1.

Until the government commit to covering all wages if you test positive then there is no incentive for people to get tested. If I was on a zero hour contract or something similar why would I get a test and then guarantee I'm getting no wages for two weeks?

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2020, 11:11:20 pm »
Until the government commit to covering all wages if you test positive then there is no incentive for people to get tested. If I was on a zero hour contract or something similar why would I get a test and then guarantee I'm getting no wages for two weeks?
Yep, it's a big problem. Hence why the testing in some areas in the city are as low as 4%.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2020, 08:57:06 pm »
Just take yourself. There is nothing stopping you having as many tests as you want but they are recommending that if you have no symptoms then once a week

Missus was telling me my Dad had his fourth test yesterday. He's 73 and my half sister is a Primary teacher and in his bubble, so makes sense that he is getting regular tests.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2020, 09:01:02 pm »
Yeah I’ve had 4 tests now, they’ve got it down to a well oiled process.

Any news on when it’ll end in Liverpool?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2020, 10:26:59 pm »
Yep. 4 for me as well.

I think the army are here for another week then the council will be taking over the logistics.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 1, 2020, 09:28:44 am »
Yep. 4 for me as well.

I think the army are here for another week then the council will be taking over the logistics.

Hopefully they get them over to Manchester ASAP. Our infection rates are dropping but Bojo is giving Burnham a kick in the bollocks to get his own back for him standing up to the c*nt, we need the mass testing to bring us out of tier 3. The worst areas are Rochdale, Oldham, Bury and Bolton, fucking inbred c*nts.

Where I live is currently 122.6, well below the national average of 161.5 :butt
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 1, 2020, 10:12:38 am »
Hopefully they get them over to Manchester ASAP. Our infection rates are dropping but Bojo is giving Burnham a kick in the bollocks to get his own back for him standing up to the c*nt, we need the mass testing to bring us out of tier 3. The worst areas are Rochdale, Oldham, Bury and Bolton, fucking inbred c*nts.

Where I live is currently 122.6, well below the national average of 161.5 :butt

It really is a game changer.

Liverpool council announced this morning that the weekly infection rate in Liverpool now stands at 99.4 per 100k. It was over 700 prior to entering lockdown.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 1, 2020, 10:36:30 am »

Liverpool council announced this morning that the weekly infection rate in Liverpool now stands at 99.4 per 100k. It was over 700 prior to entering lockdown.

That's astounding.

I would not be surprised if Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson has deliberately kept the mass testing back from Manchester as punishment for Burnham arguing with him. I know Joe Anderson has threatened to knock out the Tories who are holding Liverpool up as a shining light in an attempt to hit out at Manchester.

They need to get the testing into the outlying boroughs full of selfish c*nts and lock these right down until its sorted. The likes of Trafford and the local businesses, where we have all done our best to be covid aware - a rate of 122.6 per 100k shows that - are being punished because of the actions of these inbreds. We'll be tier 3 until Easter at this rate.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 1, 2020, 03:26:52 pm »
Imagine if it was Scillys, IOW, Cornwall and Liverpool in tier 1.

Great that the rate's come down so much.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #30 on: December 1, 2020, 03:44:01 pm »

8) 8) 8)

Excellent news, I didn't know it had dropped to just under 100. That's some turnaround. Surely there'll be some rise going into the new year, but if we try as hard as possible and do our bit we might see things starting to look up as we enter 2021. I hope so anyway.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #31 on: December 2, 2020, 06:08:04 pm »
11 non-symptomatic testing sites will remain open once the army leave, they are...

Aintree Baptist Church, Longmoor Lane, L9 0EH

Croxteth Hall, Flint Drive, L12 0HA

Eldonian Village Hall, Burlington Street, L3 6LG

Exhibition Centre Liverpool, King’s Dock, L3 4FP

Lifestyles Park Road, Steble Street, L8 6QH

Lifestyles Austin Rawlinson, Conleach Road, Speke, L24 0TR

Liverpool Hope University Sports Centre, Hope Park, Taggart Avenue, L16 9LD

Liverpool Tennis Centre, Wavertree Sports Park, Wellington Road, L15 4LE

Liverpool FC Anfield Stadium, Anfield Road, L4 0TH

St Stephen’s Parish Centre, Belle Vale Road, L25 2PQ

University of Liverpool Gym, Bedford Street North, L69 7ZN

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 2, 2020, 07:18:22 pm »

That's seriously impressive.  If what John C said is correct about Tier 1 needing to be 150/100k can we expect to be moved out of Tier 2 anytime soon?  I imagine they would review things again at the end of the month?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 2, 2020, 07:35:28 pm »
That's seriously impressive.  If what John C said is correct about Tier 1 needing to be 150/100k can we expect to be moved out of Tier 2 anytime soon?  I imagine they would review things again at the end of the month?

16th December is the next review date. I think we'll still be in tier 2 here in Liverpool. This will be Boris doing favours for his tier 3 tory mates.

I think tier 2 is the right call for Liverpool for now. Lets see how the numbers look when people do the Christmas shop and start mixing.

Liverpool have been the only region in the country that has been able to move from Tier 3 to Tier 2.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 2, 2020, 10:10:30 pm »
16th December is the next review date. I think we'll still be in tier 2 here in Liverpool. This will be Boris doing favours for his tier 3 tory mates.

I think tier 2 is the right call for Liverpool for now. Lets see how the numbers look when people do the Christmas shop and start mixing.

Liverpool have been the only region in the country that has been able to move from Tier 3 to Tier 2.

I think we'll stay in Tier 3 over here. Even though Trafford is running at 122.6 per 100k and most of the areas below the M60 are similar, Rochdale is at 283 and Bury, Bolton and Wigan are all above 230. Once the Christmas lunacy starts and they have 30 people in their houses, its going to skyrocket over there. Annoying as fuck as they are miles from us, but we suffer for their attitudes and actions

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #35 on: December 5, 2020, 07:04:38 pm »
Just been for another. Appears to be manned by the council now as no army fellas in sight.

Still nice and smooth to get in and out. Not had results yet so will see how that goes.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36 on: December 5, 2020, 07:19:02 pm »
2 mins after posting that I got the text. Negative. Took them less than 30 mins so as quick as it always has been.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 5, 2020, 07:39:32 pm »
Unfortunately went to Park road for my weekly one this morning and they have stopped using it as a testing site. Nearest one is on the docks or Liverpool one.

Its a shame because now there is nothing covering South Liverpool.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2020, 05:13:47 pm »
Tested again today (negative). Asked about Christmas and they are going to be open for 6 hours on Christmas Eve. He wasn’t sure what time yet though. Glad the council are leaving them open right up until then, hopefully lots take advantage of it before visiting family.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2020, 04:46:54 pm »
Bit annoyed.

Went to get tested at Kings Dock, suffering the Strand traffic, only to find they closed at 3pm. Website says 7pm.

So drove up to Anfield, again website saying 7pm... also closed at 3.  :no :no