Author Topic: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Out Nov 10th  (Read 7230 times)

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Out Nov 10th
« on: October 25, 2020, 02:56:30 pm »
I will be buying the new one it looks brilliant from the video it seems like Red Dead in scope so much to do and find

I will be buying  this and Cyberpunk

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oVDvTi4JKks" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oVDvTi4JKks</a>
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 03:00:22 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Re: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Out Nov 10th
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 04:33:30 pm »
I will be buying the new one it looks brilliant from the video it seems like Red Dead in scope so much to do and find

I will be buying  this and Cyberpunk

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oVDvTi4JKks" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oVDvTi4JKks</a>

Going to ask for this for Christmas from my wife, and Cyberpunk from my mother ;D

This and Watch Dogs heralds a good few months of gaming.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 07:49:25 pm »
When in Wessex I will go my own quest to see how free roaming the game is and try to make my way to where Frome would be on the map where I live was about in those days King Alfred when thought here I guess Frome was a few little mud huts then on his grand tour of the UK after beating the Vikings

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 12:05:11 pm »
Kind of interested in seeing how this one pans out before making it a day one purchase. Looks great but I've not played the series since 3, which was a severe letdown after the brilliance of 2 and Brotherhood. Looks very different to how I remember the series.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 02:19:51 pm »
Kind of interested in seeing how this one pans out before making it a day one purchase. Looks great but I've not played the series since 3, which was a severe letdown after the brilliance of 2 and Brotherhood. Looks very different to how I remember the series.

Yeah, completely different game now.  The last two games (and this one is essentially the same) were pretty much (inferior) Witcher 3 clones for the most part.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 02:46:06 pm »
Yeah, completely different game now.  The last two games (and this one is essentially the same) were pretty much (inferior) Witcher 3 clones for the most part.
I've heard good things about Odyssey, though this looks far more up my street. The setting definitely  I've still got RDR2 to complete and am almost finished with Outer Worlds, which are my last two games from this gen I've not really touched til now.

Are they becoming more of an RPG then or is it still an adventure game with very, very mild RPG/ character building elements?

I'm not doing much research into the game as I enjoy these things more going in blind.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 11:32:17 am »
to be honest I enjoyed Odyssey but it got grindy af and really samey after a while ,that seemed to have no end in sight or much in terms of variability, however looking at that deep dive vid i'm quite impressed, so in the absence of anything being decent out for ages i think ill get this.
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 02:35:55 pm »
I loved Odyssey to begin with, I ended up hating it and forcing myself to finish it because of the grind. I'll wait for this one to go on sale, I think.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2020, 03:13:40 pm »
AC peaked with Brotherhood for me. The mechanics worked better in tightly knit environment's. The Assassin's theme worked better in those areas, in that era, the lore etc. The stealth mechanics were integral to the overall feel.
After Origins (played an hour) I never wanted to play another assasins creed game again.

Like this one, here comes Agatha and Anders wielding a fucking axe roaring loudly through a village. Stealthy as fuck that.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2020, 03:17:37 pm »
Ubisoft need a change up of their franchises. They have all gone stale with the same open world, repetitive missions and fetch quests.

I haven't played it yet but I am in no doubt that Watch Dogs 3 will be the same formula.

Offline Thetrickyreds

• Kemlynite
  • Unbearable.
« Reply #10 on: November 1, 2020, 10:20:31 am »
If it allows me to feel like i'm Ragnar Lothbrok then i'll be happy. Must purchase for me!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #11 on: November 1, 2020, 01:31:33 pm »
Ubisoft need a change up of their franchises. They have all gone stale with the same open world, repetitive missions and fetch quests.

I haven't played it yet but I am in no doubt that Watch Dogs 3 will be the same formula.

In fairness the mechanic of playing as any NPC freshens up Watch Dogs 3 a lot. I’m enjoying it so far.

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 1, 2020, 01:59:36 pm »
I've heard good things about Odyssey, though this looks far more up my street. The setting definitely  I've still got RDR2 to complete and am almost finished with Outer Worlds, which are my last two games from this gen I've not really touched til now.

Are they becoming more of an RPG then or is it still an adventure game with very, very mild RPG/ character building elements?

I'm not doing much research into the game as I enjoy these things more going in blind.

You'll feel the drop-off in quality going from RDR2 to Odyssey, that much is certain.  And yeah, it's still pretty much an open world adventure game rather than a proper rpg.  You've got leveled armour and all that bollocks and can get a few new skills, but it's all pretty limited, deffo not a choice-driven experience and the writing is so bad that the story feels completely inconsequential regardless.  The world is pretty spectacular at times though and in fact the main enjoyment that I derived from the game was...well, riding around and looking at shit.  It's not a terrible game by any stretch, but it's just not a great one either.

Valhalla looks to be basically a reskin with a couple of more elements added to the formula, but I agree with Andy that it's a pretty stale formula at this point.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2020, 02:01:54 pm by Darren G »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 1, 2020, 07:43:17 pm »
You'll feel the drop-off in quality going from RDR2 to Odyssey, that much is certain.  And yeah, it's still pretty much an open world adventure game rather than a proper rpg.  You've got leveled armour and all that bollocks and can get a few new skills, but it's all pretty limited, deffo not a choice-driven experience and the writing is so bad that the story feels completely inconsequential regardless.  The world is pretty spectacular at times though and in fact the main enjoyment that I derived from the game was...well, riding around and looking at shit.  It's not a terrible game by any stretch, but it's just not a great one either.

Valhalla looks to be basically a reskin with a couple of more elements added to the formula, but I agree with Andy that it's a pretty stale formula at this point.
Interesting. I suppose in my position, having not played since Brotherhood, it may appear fresher to me. But I’ve my misgivings about it being large and grindy as others have said about its two predecessors; given I’ve not touched Red Dead 2 yet that may in essence be my ‘launch’ title to enjoy when the new console drops.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #14 on: November 2, 2020, 06:31:56 pm »
Just put the game on pre Order.

Used "Very" I opened a new credit account on there because I found a code if you open a new credit account with Very and spend over £60 on your first order they will give you £30 off the order

Just ordered the game and a cheap T-shirt and with P&P its cost £64 enter the code and the order was £34

So as soon as the order arrives I will pay the £34 off and thats the last they will see of me.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 3, 2020, 03:40:06 pm »
Just put the game on pre Order.

Used "Very" I opened a new credit account on there because I found a code if you open a new credit account with Very and spend over £60 on your first order they will give you £30 off the order

Just ordered the game and a cheap T-shirt and with P&P its cost £64 enter the code and the order was £34

So as soon as the order arrives I will pay the £34 off and thats the last they will see of me.
Good shout. I have had to block their obtrusive marketing - I signed up in September just in case that's where I'd have to get a Series X from. Horrible company as you allude to - encourage some very bad decision making. This Klarna lark is concerning too. Not the thread for it I suppose though.

Online chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2020, 06:50:00 pm »
Has anyone played this yet?

I was going to wait until I picked up the PS5 but I can see that if you download it for PS4 you can re download it for the PS5 for free, so debating whether to go for it now or not.
YNWA - JFT97

Online OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2020, 08:01:37 pm »
Enjoying it! I got it on PC and I'm about 8.5 hours in. The Norway intro was 5-6 hours so I tried to do that on the first day so that I could just smash it today with exploring, raiding etc in England.

All AssCreed games have intros filled with tragedy and angst to the point where its quite common and not a surprise anymore, but this one was just done so well cinematically. I'm down for the ride.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2020, 09:02:59 pm »
Enjoying it so far but just at the beginning just got back to my village and the only fighting skill I seem to have right now is swing axe or swing shield.

Looking forward to when the game opens up.

Online chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2020, 11:19:49 pm »
Enjoying it! I got it on PC and I'm about 8.5 hours in. The Norway intro was 5-6 hours so I tried to do that on the first day so that I could just smash it today with exploring, raiding etc in England.

All AssCreed games have intros filled with tragedy and angst to the point where its quite common and not a surprise anymore, but this one was just done so well cinematically. I'm down for the ride.

Did you do everything possible in Norway, or is there still more to go back to? I've heard that people have been worried to leave in the beginning as they are unsure if they can go back, but it is an option to goo back later.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2020, 11:49:41 pm »

AFAIK there's a PC version of Odyssey which dispenses with the gameplay and is just an educational tour of the world.

Yup, it's called the Discovery Tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh4Iy-p943M
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2020, 09:01:52 am »
I'm loving this so far. Just arrived in England. Followed the main quest in Norway and a couple of the little side quests on the way, probably about 6 hours worth before you get to England and the game really starts

It looks phenomenal, plays great, is different to the last Ass Creed I played which was Black Flag but that's a good thing. Can't wait to explore more of England now

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2020, 09:16:51 am »
AFAIK there's a PC version of Odyssey which dispenses with the gameplay and is just an educational tour of the world.

Yup, it's called the Discovery Tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh4Iy-p943M

I wouldn't call it a 'version' perse. It's just a small, free bit of dlc. Origins had the same thing iirc. Nice add on given it's free, but fairly underwhelming to be honest. I much prefer just free roaming it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 09:18:44 am by Darren G »

Online OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2020, 01:37:46 pm »
Did you do everything possible in Norway, or is there still more to go back to? I've heard that people have been worried to leave in the beginning as they are unsure if they can go back, but it is an option to goo back later.

I was hoping there would be an option to go back and there is indeed. I am not one of those types who wants to collect every single item on a map though so it wouldn't have bothered me too much.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2020, 05:42:12 pm »

You must be able to go back to Norway as there is one part that is extremely high level and I can’t see you building up the power level by just doing Norway section.

Loving this game, it plays so gorgeously

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2020, 11:35:58 am »
Is this a typical Ubisoft open world game or have they managed to implement any sort of change or improvement into it?

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2020, 08:18:59 pm »
I'm still in Norway  just trying to work out this strange magic mushroom portal doors thing I have come across.

Maybe the whole map will open up again when the main quest is completed so you then can go back to do things

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2020, 08:13:04 pm »
Just got to England,

It looks like you can go back to Norway via World map and then Atlas

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2020, 09:29:29 am »
Does anyone else have an issue with this on PC? Can play it no problem for about an hour or slightly more, but after that the game starts stuttering and I have huge lags at times. It's okay for a while, but it gets annoying pretty quickly. Re-starting the game helps, but surely they'll have to patch that unless it's something that's unique to my computer...

Online OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2020, 11:44:53 am »
Does anyone else have an issue with this on PC? Can play it no problem for about an hour or slightly more, but after that the game starts stuttering and I have huge lags at times. It's okay for a while, but it gets annoying pretty quickly. Re-starting the game helps, but surely they'll have to patch that unless it's something that's unique to my computer...

It's fine on my PC until I do Alt+Tab to go to my desktop, then it becomes absolutely horrific when I return, literally about 10fps or less.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2020, 09:05:25 am »
The game is huge so many things to do almost to many things to choose from which can only be a good thing.

I'm in Asgard right now doing some missions

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2020, 06:46:21 pm »
The game is huge so many things to do almost to many things to choose from which can only be a good thing.

Not necessarily true, especially with Ubisoft. Glad you're enjoying it so far though, I'll probably pick it up at some point.

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2020, 03:10:54 am »
Not necessarily true, especially with Ubisoft. Glad you're enjoying it so far though, I'll probably pick it up at some point.

Exactly.  I'd take a less expansive, more focused experience where everything is of top quality - such as RDR2 - over Ubisoft's endless, grinding  'busy work' any day of the week.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2020, 01:58:36 am »
Don't know if it's a PS5 issue, but does the game seem really dark to anybody else?

In the opening scene where you're a kid, it was so hard to make out what was happening.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2020, 05:48:56 am »
Don't know if it's a PS5 issue, but does the game seem really dark to anybody else?

In the opening scene where you're a kid, it was so hard to make out what was happening.

They designed opening that way. Much brighter once you are off Norway.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2020, 09:54:40 am »
Got a load of old shite I can flog to Cex so will probably pick this up then if they’ve an Xbox copy
Knocking round.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2020, 03:56:37 pm »
They designed opening that way. Much brighter once you are off Norway.

Ah right, thanks for that  :wave

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2020, 08:39:34 pm »

Increase the brightness?

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2020, 08:53:33 pm »
Increase the brightness?

That option's greyed out when HDR is active.

Online chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2020, 11:50:43 pm »

Yeah I thought exactly this, I was messing round with the settings on my tv and all sorts.

It's still the same for me when I go in caves however.
YNWA - JFT97